[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infinite Warfare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: Call-Of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare.jpg (41 KB, 720x363) Image search: [Google]
Call-Of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare.jpg
41 KB, 720x363
I don't know too much about Call of Duty or Battlefield, (only played them with friends) so can someone explain the hated behind this trailer, and why Battlefield 1 was liked so much more? I thought the COD trailer looked pretty okay. I don't plan on ever buying either game but I'm very curious

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY
>>
>>339254723
because players have had enough of the futuristic shit
>>
There was an organised campaign to get it the most dislikes. Kind of pathetic 2bh
>>
File: Food, water, atmosphere.png (203 KB, 460x347) Image search: [Google]
Food, water, atmosphere.png
203 KB, 460x347
>>339254824
So that's the only reason? The atmosphere? They don't just care about the gameplay?
>>
It was
A) People getting tired of near-future/sci-fi shooters, as people did World War 2 and modern military shooters
B) A concerted effort by Battlefield fans to smear Call of Duty
C) EA votebotting
D) Activision votebotting (any publicity is good publicity)
E) Some/All of the above
>>
>>339254723
Because fucking retards thought it was a good idea to force people to buy infinite warfare in order to play the MW1R with 10 less maps compared to the original.

And you have to buy the hardened edition for it, which costs $90.
>>
>>339254723
Oh boy, we are going back to the Infinite Warfare shill threads wondering why Cowadooty #198237491082791032 trailer is disliked?
>>
>>339254723
It's the hot new meme
>>
>>339255646
That makes some sense I guess
>>339255829
Anon I just wasn't paying attention when the shitstorm came down on it. After seeing the backlash for mighty no. 9 and laughing my ass off, I just got really curious about this one as well.
>>
>>339254723
Because COD players are fucking retarded and bitch when the games do the same thing for a few releases in a row, and then bitch when they try to innovate and change shit up.

Combine that with the shitty forcing you to buy it to get MW1, and you get a shitstorm. The reaction was ridiculous though, it was fine as a trailer.

>>339255358
Really? I haven' t about this, who organised it?
>>
File: 148641864165841.png (705 KB, 1848x1364) Image search: [Google]
148641864165841.png
705 KB, 1848x1364
>>339254723
Considering how hard Black Ops 3 was shilled here, i'm not surprised by this.
>>
>>339254723
EA shill campaign.

Pay a company to mass-dislike the video

then the normies catch on

simple
>>
>>339255503
>>339254723
Not the gameplay per say, but every year it's been the same shit for so long. Futuristic crap, in the same style as always.
>>
>>339256262
And then the Activision shills started spamming threads in here wondering why this game got disliked.
>>
>Want a sci-fi FPS a-la Halo or Destiny on PC
>CoD is becoming more and more sci-fi
>even when it goes full spaceships, I don't want to play it
I feel like I should love this, but it's so ingrained in the regurgitate nature of CoD that I simply can't. It just looks the same shit as any other modern military fps
>>
>>339256215
most of those threads aren't very similar
>>
>>339256469
>hey guys why are people disliking COD
>wow why is everyone bitching about CoD?
>can someone explain to me why people hate the new CoD?
>Wow, neckbeards dislike it, i'm going to prepurchase my copy for only $59.99!
>>
>futuristic setting
>lack of innovation
>gating cod 4 reskin behind game
>>
>>339256635
did the trailer actually say that that was the only way to get the cod4 remaster?
>>
>>339256687
https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ

>Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is only available through the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
>>
>>339256540
It was big news for a bit, people posting threads about shit that happens doesn't mean they're shills you mong. You dipshits crying shill at every second thread not about a /v/ approved meme canon game are one of the worst things to happen to this board.
>>
>>339256540
>Extremely popular franchise suddenly starts getting a ton of dislikes with the newest entry, to the point it's already the second most disliked video on youtube
>Some people ask why everyone hates this one in particular so much.
Seems reasonable to me.
>>
>>339256745
>>339256792
Who the hell gives a fuck that Cowadooty #4189279081723901 trailer gets disliked?
>>
>>339256540
yeah, it's different every time, even the pictures are different
and it was a popular topic everythwere not just on nigerian scuplting forums
>>
>>339256792
Are we going to pretend it's somehow new that the internet hates CoD?
>>
>>339254824
CoD fans have had enough, you mean.

But then the game is still too CoD to appeal to anyone but CoD fans
>>
File: 1376847238713.png (435 KB, 637x599) Image search: [Google]
1376847238713.png
435 KB, 637x599
>>339254723
Because the Battlefield community consists of elitist faggots who think they're hardcore gamers, despite the fact that modern BF is only marginally more complex than CoD.

And accusing CoD/Activision of being money grabbing jews while supporting EA really is the height of idiocy, considering 2/3 of BF3, BF4 and BF:Hardline is DLC. Oh and the DLC often comes with broken guns which makes the game Pay2Win.
>>
>>339256826
Because, like I said, it's an extremely popular franchise, and people will wonder why everyone suddenly hates this one when it probably doesn't seem to be doing anything worse than the others to some people.
>>
>>339257001
I'm still baffled that those kids fighting over CoD and BF on the Youtube comments are now in /v/
This place is truly dead.
>>
>>339256826
Apparently all the people who made those threads. And it wasn't just disliked, it was one of the most disliked videos on youtube.
>>
>>339257067
>people will wonder why everyone suddenly hates this one
You the internet, which has disliked CoD for years now.

Wonder if /v/'s contrarian nature will make everyone automatically like the cashgrab.
>>
>>339257073
There's a sizeable amount of posters on /v/ whose CHILDhood-defining games were CoD4 and Halo 3.
>>
>>339256737
oh

that's dumb
>>
>>339257189
And now we have people unironically discussing this zombie franchise.
>>
>>339257153
>which has disliked CoD for years now
Not to this blatant extent, look at the likes/dislikes of some of the other trailers, then look at this one, within just weeks it's already the 2nd most disliked youtube video, clearly something has changed and it's not unusual for people to ask why.
>>
>>339257256
Why are you angry about people talking about video games
>>
File: 1152x864.jpg (1 MB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1152x864.jpg
1 MB, 1152x864
If someone was to swap from playing COD to playing Battlefield, would they struggle with the different play style and be really shit at it? I'm asking for a friend.
>>
Anyone literally lost interest in this series now that DOOM's out? I literally looked forward to every new CoD game but now I don't give a shit and just want Quake V, or whatever else id does next
>>
>>339259052
if you were to swap to bad company 2 then yes
the later games you'll fit right in since every one else is a cod playing retard that switched to bf
the maps on bf4 are pretty poorly designed though and nobody likes them
>>
>>339254723
Its just dumb fucking normies bandwagoning contrarianism. Same exact thing with hipsters and capitalism. There's no reason at all for them to dislike it so hard when it's still the same core game they all loved back when it was Modern Warfare.

>heuheuhe this CoD trailer is the most unliked video
>I better dislike it too because everyone else is doing it
>Also I hate how CoD is ruining gaming like I heard on the internet
>Nov 2016: Picks up his preorder of Infinite Warfare at midnight with a side of Dew and Doritos.
>>
>>339254723
battlefield 4 is a better game anyway
>>
>>339254723
EA votebotting
>>
>>339257189
I was in high school when they were released and despite what you think of them many people enjoyed those games because they were fun, i sure as shit did. I cant help their "console war" mindset stupidity though. Fuck those cunts
>>
I'm looking forward to the game. I love how the COD games now just try to out-retard each other, and In curious how retarded space battles can get.

Infinity Ward has been dropping the ball lately though. Ghosts was shit, and Advanced Warfare was forgettable outside of "press f" and Kevin Spacey.
>>
>>339259214
>the maps on bf4 are pretty poorly designed though and nobody likes them
Really? Everything I've heard says that they're better than BF3, at least if you like combined arms.
>>
>le people are le tired of le futuristic may may

come the fuck on just 1 year ago you fags were still shitting on world war 1 games, you are just a marketing apologist that's what you are, kill yourselves
>>
>>339259052
I made the switch. Battlefield is harder but a lot more fun. It has bullet drop, and some of the accessories are not intuitive, so you need to look up how they are suppose to be used.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.