[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Pillars of Eternity thread? I'm something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Pillars_of_Eternity_NPCs.jpg (61 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
Pillars_of_Eternity_NPCs.jpg
61 KB, 640x320
Can we have a Pillars of Eternity thread? I'm something like 20/30 hours in and I'm having a blast. Playing as moon godlike druid, currently exploring the third floor of the Endless Path (but backwards, because I jumped in the pit that brings you directly to the dragon).
>>
pretty shit game
>>
ye the game sucks dick
>>
>>339243138
care to elaborate? I like it, but I'm somewhat of a newbie for the genre.
>>
>>339243204
Ignore them. It's not that bad.
If you're enjoying yourself I'd recommend checking out Baldurs Gate or Planescape Torment which though older are much better games.
>>
>>339243204
People are just mad because Obsidian requested a backer who submitted a transphobic poem change it when people complained.
Games pretty okay. Solid 6+/10
>>
So the second part of the expansion is out right? Anyone played the whole thing? Is it any decent?
>>
>>339243094
I played for about an hour then quit. It was my first crpg. I had a blast with D:OS though. Is the combat in PoE really shit or am I too pleb to understand its subtle nuances?
>>
>>339246921
You are just not allowed to have fun in PoE.

t.Sawyer
>>
>>339245216
>Ignore them. It's not that bad.

Kinda this. I'm amazed how many people jumped on the hate bandwagon for PoE. Or is it just another case of "it's not 10/10 GOTY, so it's shit by default".
>>
>>339246921
It's bad, yeah, but that's how the genre has always been. Genuinely bad and fiddly gameplay that you just accept because the sheer amount of abilities and content fits what you want out of an RPG - options.

D:OS's combat is so solid, it completely stands out in that regard.
>>
Because we got our expectations way high , i know i did.

I was expecting a BG2 quality game with a 2015 engine , and i was hyped as fuck.

In the end the game its solid and i had a ton of fun , which i guess its the whole point. I plaed it once on release and did another run once both DLC were out and i would say i got my money's worth.
>>
>>339246921
D:OS was a great surprise, i didnt know anything about the game until it was released and i loved it.
>>
>>339245216
>>339247125
It's mostly because the "Obsidian can't do wrong" mentality and Joshua "no fun" mentality, people expected it to be amazing.

For me, I expected it to be written interestingly and filled with bugs, and I got boring ass writing but fortunately polished gameplay. Maybe too polished that it makes it sterile, kinda funny that Sawyer designed this while he also make HC mod for NV
>>
>>339246845
Yeah the 2nd part of the dlc has been out for some months now.

I didnt really care for the expansion story arc but it had some really cool environments and a couple good fights.
>>
>>339247132
Problem with DOS is that combat is largely the only good thing in it, baring co-op which I don't count because everyone is fun when you play it friends. Whoever wrote that should be shot. I know Divinity games were always more lighthearted than serious, but this was clerically just phoning it in and instead of changing it with EE they just recorded VA for it so it's even worse when you hear it out loud. I hope having Avellone on-board for DOS2 will help them.
>>
>>339245216
>>339245303
thanks anon. At least I can say this game is a great entry level for noobs. I mean, I really like it so far, so I'm probably going to check out other titles in the future.

To be honest I have just two major complaints, which are the fucking loading screens (this one is honestly outrageous) and the brain dead AI (which doesn't bother me that much because I just give orders each seconds, but when a character does nothing when a mob is killed, or especially when they can't understand how to get to the target, then it gets pretty annoying).
>>
The writing is boring, the gameplay is boring, the characters apart from sharkbro are boring. The only redeeming element was the dungeon crawling tower.
>>
>>339243094
I've tried playing it 3 times, I keep getting like 3-4 hours in and getting bored
The writing is complete shit, the worldbuilding is both not enough and boring, the subsystems are superficial and boring, the dialogue and story choices are barebones at best and fucking insulting at worst there's like like 5 points that I saw that were worth a damn, the towns are godawful the quests are largely busywork crap, all optional paths just end up at the same place with no payoff except to skip a few fights which sucks because the combat is the best part of the entire game until you just get bogged down by the boring repetitiveness of the entire experience

I wanted to like it but I just couldn't which sucked because there were a few moments that shined like gems amid pig offal but they were few a far between
All around I was just disappointed
>>
Pillars of Eternity is pretty great. I have to go finish the second part of the expansion, I had a ton of fun with the main game and the first part.

It gets a lot of flack around here for no good reason, it's honestly the best CRPG since Mask of the Betrayer.
>>
Give it time.
Nostalgia goggles takes years and years to kick in.

Come back in 5 years it will be the new Morrowind.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.