[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one discuss Uncharted 4 anymore? Isn't it supposedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 9
File: 23815901722_4d1edf4ed1_b.jpg (286 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
23815901722_4d1edf4ed1_b.jpg
286 KB, 1024x576
Why does no one discuss Uncharted 4 anymore? Isn't it supposedly goty or has Overwatch completely surpassed it in quality?
>>
>>339241283
This game is shit and blizzshills are all pver /v/
>>
A PC-dominated board doesn't talk about a PS4 game after it had its fill of shitposting it? Hmm.
>>
i want to talk about it but nobody on /v/ has played it
>>
>>339241417
But Overwatch is on every platform but Wii U.
>>
What the fuck is there to talk about? It looks good but plays like a typical Uncharted game with extremely unsatisfying shooting and mediocre gameplay that people just eat right up for some reason.
>>
Everyone played it. It lasted 15 hours. It was good. People moved on.

You know when something is just so without flaws and doesn't really do anything daring and no one has anything to talk about? Uncharted 4.

The only new thing Uncharted 4 brought to its series was a hook and a jeep. It played it so safe. We didn't do anything new really.

It's like the Kings Speech. It's so solid that it's ultimately forgettable. It's like an A grade class paper. It checks all the marks but there's nothing really that controversial. Uncharted 4 is just too good to talk about.
>>
>>339241828
how is this mediocre gameplay:
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464478954680.webm
??

the multiplayer is 60fps, too
>>
Just like all Uncharted games it was a flash in the pan and the only reason it got any hype was because Sony paid a shit load of money on marketing the second game PS4 has
>>
>>339241283
Shit even Fallout New Vegas and Bloodborne still get discussed daily compared to Uncharted 4.
>>
>>339242009
jesus christ no wonder they want a cinematic mode
>>
No replay value. Anyone smart would have returned it already.
>>
>>339242189
Especially when this one is just mostly walking.
>>
It's not popular on /v/. It will probably be GOTY, regardless.
>>
>>339242189
>bunch of gameplay modifiers and filters
>fun and lively multiplayer
>story dlc soon

Wew lad
>>
>>339242307
Sam or Cassie dlc?
Place bets now.
>>
File: miles-crossed(c).gif (340 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
miles-crossed(c).gif
340 KB, 256x192
>>339241283
>Why does no one discuss Uncharted 4 anymore? Isn't it supposedly goty or has Overwatch completely surpassed it in quality?

Overwatch is a multiplat, Uncharted 4 is a PS4 exclusive. Also Overwatch was way more heavily marketed.

Also the main pull for Uncharted 4 is the singleplayer. Once people beat it most consider themselves done with it an move on.
Uncharted 4 does have an excellent MP mode though, but if you're trying to discuss it on /v/ you're asking for all the manchildren to shit on said thread because it's a PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>339242189
I've replayed combat sections from the encounter-select for hours, trying to get good enough that I can beat them all on crushing while making it look like the webm linked in >>339242009
I'm considering getting PS+ to play the multiplayer because I heard it was quite fun

mirror-world-on-death gives a surprising amount of replayability to the story mode as well
>>
>>339241283
Because an 8 hour game with a tacked on multiplayer mode has no lasting replayability
>>
File: 1438877524401.jpg (50 KB, 441x479) Image search: [Google]
1438877524401.jpg
50 KB, 441x479
>>339242518
>tacked on multiplayer mode

This is how you know this shitposter knows nothing about the series.
>>
Because like rise of the tomb raider and quantum break the game has not much replayability or shock value beyond a few days

That's why the only games I play are those with tons of replayability that are designed that way. This is just your usual sp campaign it's not like say overwatch where it's balance and design can be talked about as an mp game
>>
>>339242430
>>339241951
So why shouldn't the goty go to Overwatch it's far more successful and likeable compared to Uncharted 4.
>>
>>339242589
Uncharted is a mediocre franchise.
The best one is 2. It's also the only good one.
>>
>>339242653
>So why shouldn't the goty go to Overwatch it's far more successful and likeable compared to Uncharted 4.

What is even your argument here? It should go to Overwatch because it's a multiplat and you like it more? Also you haven't played Uncharted 4?

>>339242661
>Uncharted is a mediocre franchise.

Yes, very epic shitpost. I'm sure you'll rile in a lot of people with that bait.
>>
>>339242779
But it is a mediocre franchise you deluded fanboy fuck, its platforming is mash X to climb, its shooting mechanics are barebones, its puzzles are braindead, only thing it has going for it are graphics, characters and story.
>>
Overwatch won't win jackshit, Blizzcuck.
>>
>>339242779
I'm asking why Uncharted 4 is considered for goty when Overwatch is generally praised more and has outsold Uncharted 4 by millions.
>>
>>339242848
You realized he'll just keep claiming you're a troll right? I mean there's no way that someone could legitimately find a Naughty Dog masterpiece anything less than perfect
>>
Looks like they stole the gameplay from The Order 1886.
>>
>>339242848
>But it is a mediocre franchise you deluded fanboy fuck

I've seen better bait posted by kindergartners. Try harder or lurk more so you can learn how to properly troll.
>>
When is the game suppose to get hard on Crushing? I'm just before that big set piece in Madagascar.
>>
>>339242653
Goty should go to the game that is perceived as moving the industry as a whole forward.

I'd say uncharted 4s cinematics, interactivity, story telling, and animations does that more than Overwatchs gameplay.
>>
>>339242009
Sold

Looks sweet
>>
>>339242637
I just got Rise of the Tomb Raider after I beat UC4 and the first thing I noticed was the difference in quality of animation. Rise of the Tomb Raider also uses motion capture, but Uncharted 4 is just on a whole new level compared to any other game out there (except maybe TLOU) when it comes to realism in character movements

IMO animation is half the battle in making a game look realistic
>>
>>339243037
Kill yourself sonygger, just kill yourself you sad fanboy.
>>
File: 1331324805993.jpg (27 KB, 546x447) Image search: [Google]
1331324805993.jpg
27 KB, 546x447
I hope you signed the petition to have the 4/10 review invalidated! We can do it guys!! Uncharted 4's honor will be restored!
>>
>>339242949
>has outsold Uncharted 4 by millions

Uncharted 4 broke records and is selling very well. The fact that a heavily marketed multiplat is outselling it however is not mindblowing.
U4 is a very successful game.

>I'm asking why Uncharted 4 is considered for goty when Overwatch is generally praised more

Praised more where? In the media? Hardly.

You don't seem to comprehend what kind of games wins GOTY. Not even a single MP only game has ever won GOTY and the things the judges look at is not present in Overwatch.
>>
>>339243146
Personally I feel any review that isn't a perfect 10 should be stripped from the record
>>
>>339243098
>Kill yourself sonygger, just kill yourself you sad fanboy.

I advice the second option, because that was pathetic. Now run along.
>>
>>339243067
Overwatch has moved the industry forward it has completely revived the team based fps genre.
>>
>>339243067
How is Uncharted 4 moving the industry forward when it comes to interaction?
>>
>>339243098
I've got a gun to help you kill yourself. Just ask and I'll be sure to provide it.

You're clearly worthless, so just end your life and nobody will even care. Your parents might even be happy for once in their lives.

>thank god he comitted suicide
>now we don't have to deal with the same of saying he was our child

Pretty fucking embarrassing if you think about it. So, make your parents proud, for once in your lifetime.
>>
>>339243228
>I'm a master at baiting because I praise garbage like Uncharted and call whoever disagrees a troll :^)
End your life.
>>
File: Capture.png (271 KB, 736x801) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
271 KB, 736x801
All the people claiming this one "review" being legit haven't even read it, which makes it even funnier.
>>
>>339243305
Nice projections, made me kinda sad reading your post.
>>
File: 130.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
130.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>339243250
>Overwatch has moved the industry forward it has completely revived the team based fps genre.

LOL
>>
>>339243369
You shotgun slushy your brains yet? The rest of us are waiting, even your parents.

Don't disappoint them, anon. You've done it constantly before. Make em proud for once in your miserable life.
>>
>>339243337
who gives a shit if its legit
>>
>>339243297
>How is Uncharted 4 moving the industry forward when it comes to interaction?

Graphics, storytelling, being a complete package, context, maturity, etc.

While nothing really earthshattering, it is the game so far that is most deserving of GOTY.

There have been several other good games this year, so people parroting that Overwatch of all games is the most deserving is hilarious. XCOM2 is more relevant in terms of GOTY than Overwatch. So is Doom.
>>
>moving the industry as a whole forward.

But Uncharted 4 didn't do anything for the industry it has been done before like TLOU or Uncharted 4.
>>
>>339243473
I know this must be cathartic to you but it seriously has nothing to do with me, you're really grasping at straws there.
>>
its a linear experience with minimal replayability. although it was a great initial experience, it really has no lasting power like something like Doom.
>>
>>339243490
>who gives a shit if its legit

I don't really. But if metacritic starts putting non-legit reviews up on there than what is even the point of metacritic?
>>
What's there to talk about? It's a mediocre movie game that takes about 12 hours to finish. It looks good, but that's really it's only redeeming feature. The story is shit (the ending is literally Goonies), Sam is a piece of shit, too many walk slow and talk chapters, ect. Multiplayer is okay.
>>
>>339243592
Nigga Metacritic has had "non-legit" reviews since day one, entitled "user reviews".
>>
>>339243592
>than what is even the point of metacritic?
There isn't one. Metacritic is a fucking shitty metric that should have never existed
>>
>>339243592
review scores should die, and that website with them
>>
>>339243540
>Graphics
The graphics in this game aren't moving the industry forward though 4k is next gen.
>storytelling
The story is as generic as a hollywood action blockbuster.
>being a complete package
As every game should.
>>
>>339243592
>what is even the point of metacritic?

shitposting, as it's always been
>>
>>339243839
So what game this year do you think should win GotY and why?
>>
>>339243924
Witcher 3 again with its expansion.
>>
>>339243540
>Graphics, storytelling, being a complete package, context, maturity, etc.

that's literally non-interaction, idiot

basically you're saying it's a good movie

well, a generic mass market hollywood movie perhaps
>>
>>339242161
you mean like a replay mode?
>>
>>339243540
>XCOM2 is more relevant in terms of GOTY than Overwatch.

XCom 2 isn't even the most ppular turn based SRPG to release this year.
>>
>>339243990
expansion packs never win GOTY, nor should they
>>
>>339244103
>XCom 2 isn't even the most ppular turn based SRPG to release this year.

What does popularity have to do with it?
Are you saying only the best selling and most played games should win GOTY?

So CoD should win every year then?
>>
>>339243793
and you along with them
>>
>>339244256
Yes they should hence the title game of the year.
>>
>>339244297
>Yes they should hence the title game of the year.

So you don't even know what GotY is. Why didn't you just say so?
>>
>>339244339
Game of the Year what else could it imply?
>>
There's literally multiple threads about it every day
>>
>>339244256
>Are you saying only the best selling and most played games should win GOTY?

They usually do, Though the SRPG that outsold XCOM 2 won't win any game of the year awards anyway for that same reason.
>>
>>339244646
it just came out like 3 weeks ago. There should be one thread about it up at all times at least until the end of the month, but often there is none

we can have 150 threads and there are like 12 overwatch threads and 8 dark souls threads up at all times. But /v/ never talks about Uncharted unless it's to argue about why it's shit or not shit
>>
>>339244416
>Game of the Year what else could it imply?

What indeed? Read up about it and find out.
>>
>>339244841
Yeah it's fucking /v/ and Incharted is a Playstation game, what do you expect?
>>
>>339242307
>literally experiencing the same stuff again equals replayvalue
>literally generic-third-person-shooter-MP equals fun
>story dlc

too obvious bait
>>
>>339244841
>But /v/ never talks about Uncharted

Because every single Uncharted thread turns into non-stop shitposting, so people stop bothering even trying to dicuss it when system warring manchildren swoop down on every Uncharted 4 thread.
>>
its not flavor of the week anymore
>>
>>339244895
I have and it's exactly what it means when games like GTAV and Skyrim win.
>>
>>339242009
Looks like any other modern cover based FPS.
And his animations look like they motion captured a chimpanzee.
>>
>>339244953
>>339244920
That doesn't stop bloodborne threads from happening and we have a ton of those maybe Uncharted didn't live up the hype.
>>
>>339245070
>I have and it's exactly what it means when games like GTAV and Skyrim win.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
The Walking Dead
Dragon Age: Inquisition

These are examples of games that weren't amongst the best-selling games of the year, yet won GOTY anyway.
>>
>>339245160
>That doesn't stop bloodborne threads from happening and we have a ton of those maybe Uncharted didn't live up the hype.

Don't kid yourself, the shitposting has only recently started to die down in regards to Bloodborne.
Also most people don't stick around to play the MP, despite it being good, so after finished the SP they move on. While in Bloodborne a bunch of people just keep replaying the game ad infinitum.
>>
>>339245160
>maybe Uncharted didn't live up the hype.

Yeah, judging from all the sales, great scores (from media and players) that totally seems to be the case.
>>
>>339245160
Bloodborne is a souls game, /v/ loves those so it's easier to shitpost about
>>
>>339241340
ur mom is litteral shit
>>
I'm just sitting here masturbating and playing League at the same time. I just like to reach that point of ecstasy whilst I'm shitting on the enemy laner
>>
>>339242019
After Bloodborne I presume.
>>
>>339246479
Well yeah, what else could I be referring to
>>
>>339245130
it is another cover-based TPS*, yes. I fail to see how that is a bad thing, though. Especially when it is pretty much the best cover based TPS yet made.
IMO it has better combat than Max Payne 3, and I loved Max Payne 3.
>>
File: 1462718061798.jpg (92 KB, 760x760) Image search: [Google]
1462718061798.jpg
92 KB, 760x760
it should have been a movie.
>>
>>339241283
The shills were unsuccessful with the shilling, so they cut their losses and moved on to the next thing they need to shill.

As always, the intention is to shill the game so that not only would Sonyggers would buy it, new customers would also buy a PS4 just to play it. It didn't work.

Also, there are competing shills that kind of drowns them out, like the Memewatch and the Stillborn shills.

Remember when the Nintendrones from NeoFAG went here to shill the NX, and NX turned out to be dogshit? Well, my hope is that some of them committed suicide, but they're probably just waiting for some other Pii U shovelware to come out and they'll be back here again.

It's all shills. The more you silence them, the better. The funny thing is most of those shillfags do it for free. It's rather pathetic.
>>
>>339249597
an Uncharted movie would be stupid. The games are already presented like movies
>>
Give it about a month or two and no one will be talking about overwatch.
>>
>>339241283
Why are you making this thread again? Are you the same retard who spams with forgotten games: Bloodborne? Does PS4 exclusives hurt you that much?
>>
>>339249283
>>339242009
It is a cover-based shooter in a very scripted level-design. I could argue that GTAV is better on this point because of the diversity of the environment, the sandbox component and the variety of weapons which make GTAV sequences replayable endlessly.

There's nothing to talk about Uncharted because it is and remains shallow. It is a game only worth playing for one playthrough, because:
>you don't have to invest in weapons, there's no upgrading paths
>The damage are barely localised, there's the head and the body and that's all. If you compare it to RE4 or Dead Space, shooting precisely besides shooting the head has absolutely no impact
>The environments have always the same places to cover yourself, there's nothing new in a second playthrough and no RNG component which could change the layout of the map.

It's not that surprising that no one talks about it anymore.
>>
>>339249283
>Especially when it is pretty much the best cover based TPS yet made
g8 b8 m8
Come back when UC series combat can beat Lost Planet, Binary Domain and Vanquish
>>
>>339242189
>>339242297
This. I beat it a few days ago. I swear I shot like 10 percent of the time. The pacing is terrible. It becomes a boring slog
>>
>>339249597
Agreed. With how so little gameplay they should have made a animated 6 part series telling the story. It would have bypassed the boring climbing sections
>>
>>339241283
Is keep playing it but fuck paying for psn
>>
>>339251865
sure thing, here I am.
>>
>>339241283
I'm probably 3/4s of the way through it.

The set pieces are nice, but overall the game so far has been pretty forgettable.

Especially when you find out the part with Samuel and Nathan when Rafe/Nadine confronts them, then it does this whole *record scratch* *freeze frame* shit back to when they were kids, like really?
>>
>>339251293
With you on most points, but upgrade paths on weapons would not improve the game. That shit is tacked on to every single fucking shooter now a days for no good reason.
>>
>>339242589
Right, because of the series' famous multiplayer mode.
Listen to yourself.
>>
Anyone catch all of those Nintoddler user reviews on metacritic?

So sad. Can't wait for the NX to bomb.
>>
>>339251293
>Uncharted combat can't be good because the rules it is based on are too "shallow" aka simple

simple =/= bad
Hotline Miami is simple and is a very fun game
Not every game needs open-world and customizable guns; it is a stylistic choice.

Not like Uncharted is even really that simple when everything comes together. It is a full fledged TPS that rewards movement and punishes turtling (like how you play in GTA.) It also has a stealth aspect that feels like the stealth segments of the Batman games, just with tall grass instead of gargoyles.

Also only the ambush/shootout/escape levels like that ballroom fight are even "scripted" as you describe. The only scripting in the standard combat "playground" encounters are the patrol routes of the enemies before they know to start searching for you.

Also damage is localized for body armor as well as reaction-animations. And almost all cover is destructible.
>>
File: 1371753408966.jpg (51 KB, 562x560) Image search: [Google]
1371753408966.jpg
51 KB, 562x560
It's such a shame that they tried to turn this into The Last of Drake instead of an Uncharted game, the gun play is the best in the series, especially in shootouts that feature grapple hook spots to have fun with but Druckmann is so up his ass about MUH STORY that it drags the game down from a great adventure to interactive cutscenes with short bursts of fun
>>
>>339241283
It's a 15 hours long 6/10 game. People ain't gonna talk about it for months.

Overwatch is complete bullshit though.
>>
>>339254165
>reaction-animations
Animations which barely affect the gameplay and how you handle an enemy. The game expect you to aim at the head and nothing else. It expects nothing creative nor anything creative outside of the stealth possibilities.
You try to find redeeming points, but even to highlights the pros you say "it's like Batman, it's like GTA" and that's pretty much revealing how Uncharted bring nothing new. UC4 does the minimum for a TPS and that's all.
The one thing that was about to make me reconsider my opinion was the rope thing, but it can't be used creatively outside of where you're supposed to use it.

It's truly forgettable. A game worth renting for a fun 12 hour playthrough, but not much else when better MP FPS exist.
>>
>>339243337
>legit
no game """journalism""" reviews are legit
>>
One of the best looking games ever. Great art and plot. Gameplay is formulaic but fun. Solid 9/10
>>
>>339252914
Good shill anon
>UC never has gattai like Lost Planet 2
>UC never has upgrade-able guns and gunplay like Binary Domain
>UC never has cuhrayzee combat like Vanquish
It doesn't even have a proper boss fight like those 3 above
>>
>>339255351
>bring nothing new
That's a shit arguement. Why should it bring anything new when it does what it does good?
List some games from say, last 5 years that revolutionized the industry with something new and also were great games?
>>
>>339251293
You can unlock fucking zero gravity.

Fuck off with your no replayability bullshit.
>>
File: 1434464485438.jpg (835 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1434464485438.jpg
835 KB, 1920x1080
This review explains everything perfect about Uncharted 4 and why it's so groundbreaking and deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b-Xe4WdRJU
>>
>>339243250
ayy lmao
>>
>>339241283
It's boring as hell and doesn't come with anything special.

Just because it's the game with the best graphics on PS4 shouldn't give the game a GOTY.
>>
>>339263074
Why do you care about GOTY or awards in general?
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.