[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /tv/'s opinion on Doom (2016)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: doomcover.jpg (297 KB, 1000x1372) Image search: [Google]
doomcover.jpg
297 KB, 1000x1372
What is /tv/'s opinion on Doom (2016)?
>>
It's good.
>>
SP is god tier
MP is garbage
Music is by Mick Gordon and I fucking love it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
>>
SP is ok but there is nothing "oldschool" about it like some people would have you believe
MP is rubbish and already dead it seems
snapmap is prefab rooms
>>
>>339237015
is that total biscuit?
>>
If you like killing the same kind of demons with the same kind of weapons in the same kind of rooms for 15 hours it's good

I will admit that the music is great
>>
>>339237530
>15 hours
i found it to be really short actually, like maybe 7 hours and the "arena" fights are really short compared to SS or painkiller also by the end of game it really felt like it should have been a halfway point then just kind of ended...
>>
Its fun but nothing amazing, the bosses and ending are trash. The snapmap and multi feel like a different game compared to campaign its a fun throwback
>>
>>339236927
>/tv/
Wewwwww
>>
File: party time.gif (2 MB, 347x288) Image search: [Google]
party time.gif
2 MB, 347x288
>>339236927
>it's a pretend to be another board episode

Bethesda can't keep getting away with it!

D44M is the Bane of the series!

Shit's back on the menu boys!

etc
>>
>>339237530
Wow, you sound like such a discerning fellow
Care to tell me what your favorite games are so I may know a patricians taste?
>>
>>339236927
>What is /tv/'s opinion

It's a big game.
>>
>>339238215
Where did I say that it was bad? Don't try to deny that it's very repetitive
>>
>>339236927

tbqh I just reached hell and I've been bored the entire game. It just doesn't get my adrenaline pumping like I hoped it would, it isn't scary in the least.

Plus it's really easy and I'm playing on nightmare.
>>
>>339237485
yes it was
>>
>>339236927
its shit
>>
It is a fun game I shhot a lot of demons and stuf
>>
>>339237530
>If you like killing the same kind of x with the same kind of x in the same kind of x for 15 hours it's good

So all videogames ever?
>>
>>339238993
isn't nightmare locked on first playthrough?
>>
>>339241017
Pretty much this
>>
I'm really enjoying it, finished it in a day though.

Multiplayer actually isn't terrible, but it isn't great.

Snapmap is a piece of shit that needs to fuck off and die.

Now that I've finished it, there's nothing left to do since there is zero mod support.

Game is a bit unbalanced though, rich get richer and chain gun turret mode makes you unstoppable, so I never used it.

Super shotgun mastery makes short work of anything.

Ending was kind of shit, and there were not enough bosses/only one cyberdemon.

It could have used an increase in player speed, but it's pretty good as it is.
>>
File: _1280.png (732 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
_1280.png
732 KB, 576x432
Quake 3>Quake>Doom>Doom 64>D44m>Hexxen>Return to Castle Wolfenstein>Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil>Quake 4>Wolfenstein 3D>Doom 2> Doom 3>Heretic>Wolfenstein 2009>Wolfenstein the new order>Quake 2>Commander Keen 5>Chex Quest>Rage
Prove me rong.
>>
>>339236927
The game is good, it has ton of action. Fucking beat that shit on Nightmare.
The bad thing is that its not scary, but the good thing is that action is non stop. It can get little to repetitive but hey its Doom, point of that game is to an bad ass.
All in all 8/10
>>
File: jimmies.jpg (780 KB, 941x737) Image search: [Google]
jimmies.jpg
780 KB, 941x737
>>339241952
>wolfenstein the new order
>under all those games
>>
>>339241952
>Doom 2 not above Doom

kys
>>
>>339244229
le story game XD so deep and insightful + old school as fudge XD le swedish story game makers XDD simply ebin!!!!111
>>
>>339246595
Kill yourself.
>>
DOOM 2 > DOOM > Quake 3 > Quake > DOOM '16 >>> Quake 2 > DOOM 3 >>>>> Rage
>>
>>339236927
Idk, go ask them
>>
>>339236927
It is fucking great. Easily on the same level as the original Doom. MP is pretty shit, but i didn't bother to play it that much, got boring pretty fast
>>
D44M is a shit!
A big one!
A grat one
The movement is nice though
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.