[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game is too hard >hurr git gud faggot Everytime. Why do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 21
File: 1449485593832.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1449485593832.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>game is too hard
>hurr git gud faggot
Everytime. Why do people think games can be too easy, but not too hard? Why is it that elitist constantly think the harder a game is, the more depth has it?

People are retarded. Either they are retarded casuals, or they are retarded elitists.
>>
hurr git gud faggot
>>
>>339228503
Because an easy game will not help you improve reflexes, memory and hand eye coordination.

A difficult game will do all that and force you to start thinking critically about solving the problem at hand.

in other words GET GUD FAGGET.
>>
hurr git gud faggot
>>
>>339228669
You also can make a game too difficult you know. To the point where it just becomes nothing but frustration anymore, except you are a superplayer perhaps.

Also, I'm pretty sure I already played through harder games than you faggot.
>>
>>339228503
you're getting trolled m8, just enjoy your fucking games the way you want to. Also git gud at 4chins
>>
>>339228803
>you're getting trolled m8
It's not trolling, it's their honest opinion.
>>
How was that dude called again?

Also, GIT GUD OP
>>
>>339228908
>honest
>this shithole
k
>>
so far i haven't played any game that gets frustrating because its so challenging, maybe mega man the only thing that frustrates me is walking long distances and a game without any combat
but i do agree with OP
>>
>>339228770
>>339228503
Of course games can be too hard. A lot of old NES games are too hard, for example. But the difference between too easy and too hard is that too easy is unmistakable while a game can be mistaken for too hard because it requires skills or knowledge you don't have.

Name some games you think are too hard and 9 times out of 10 you should just git gud.
>>
>>339228503
A game could be too difficult but you if you are talking about any mainstream game? I guarantee it isn't.
If other people are playing it and not finding it difficult then it isn't a flaw in game design.
>>
>>339228503
>elitist constantly think the harder a game is, the more depth it has

No one thinks that. The reason people just reply with "git gud" is because literally every video game ever (aside from like one or two ultra shit games) is made to be complete-able by a human player. There is no such thing as an impossible game, every game is made to be completed, no matter how hard the game is, it's still doable.

So if people complain about a game being "too hard!", 95% of the time, that's the point.

But a game being too easy is an all-too-common problem. If a game has no challenge, if you can just occasionally hit buttons without paying attention and get to the end, then it's not really a game, it's more of a toy or a movie. A game requires a challenge of some kind for it to be a game.
>>
>>339229195
>the difference between too easy and too hard is that too easy is unmistakable while a game can be mistaken for too hard because it requires skills or knowledge you don't have.
Just because you find a game easy doesn't mean it has to be easy for everyone. I for example think Souls games are way too easy, yet these games are known as hard as balls nowadays by most people.

>Name some games you think are too hard and 9 times out of 10 you should just git gud
Crimzon Clover is too hard. But I bet you never heard of the game anyway.
>>
>>339229367
>There is no such thing as an impossible game
Just because a game is doable, doesn't mean it can't be too hard.
When only superplayers can play through a game, after hundrets of hours of pure frustration, then a game clearly is too difficult.

Take Dodonpachi Daioujou Death Label for example... The game was so difficult that the first guy who managed to play through it onyl achieved this after 7 years of practice... Yet if you ever tell a Cave fag that the game is too difficult, they will just reply with "git gud"... It's always the same everywhere. people are just stuck up retards no matter what.
>>
>>339229469
>Just because you find a game easy doesn't mean it has to be easy for everyone. I for example think Souls games are way too easy, yet these games are known as hard as balls nowadays by most people.

Yes, but for example someone who's never played Guitar Hero before might think hard and expert are too hard while someone who's an expert at the game can still judge whether or not the lower difficulties are appropriate for their intended players.

>Crimzon Clover is too hard. But I bet you never heard of the game anyway.

Nah, I don't play weeb games.
>>
>>339228503
It's good that people don't want games to be easy. Of course, it's not good when people think difficulty is all a game needs.

But anyway, a game being too hard can ruin a game for me, especially since I work 40-55 hours a week and have many other hobbies / play multiple games at once. I played Bloodborne on and off for like 5 months, for example, because of my schedule, and didn't find it very hard at all. Got the DLC and decided to beat that before actually beating Moon Presence. Found it a little challenging but not that bad. Then, for some reason, I just couldn't beat Orphan of Kos — died to him around 40 times, and I know this, because I had around 500 vials in storage. I tried fighting him on multiple play sessions across a month or so of time. One time I got him to literally one hit left, but got killed, which pretty much killed my motivation to play anymore. More time passed and I tried again.Once I was around 150 vials left, I just said fuck this stupid shit, and killed Moon Presence instead. It was not a satisfying end but at that point I just wanted the game to be over with.

So yeah, I love a hard game, but if it's to the point where it is taking me literally 15+ hours to get past one thing, it gets tiring.
>>
>>339228503
because people have the ability to get better at things
>>
>>339230008
So if you are able to play through a game after 15 years of practice then it still has good difficulty or what?

LOL
>>
If a game is too easy, there is no challenge, thus no reason to play for fun. (Lego games)

A game that is too hard can get tedious if you don't have the spirit to master it. (Exanima)

But if a game is tedious because it's bad (bloodbore) and you get no fun then it's OK to drop the game.
>>
File: 1464147094268.jpg (222 KB, 1024x1420) Image search: [Google]
1464147094268.jpg
222 KB, 1024x1420
>Mention a boss in any souls game is hard
>Every boss in the series is apparently the easiest and it works for them :^)
Souls fags are worst
>>
>>339229792
Too difficult for whom, casuals? Why would every game need to pander to casuals? Why is it bad when it only rewards the most dedicated? Do you have to fully complete a game before it can be considered good?
>>
Dark Souls isn't hard if you've played literally any other hack n slash.
>>
>>339229469
Kraut-kun is that you?
>>
>>339229469
>Crimzon Clover is too hard.
No
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 285x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 285x200
>>339228503
>confirmed for casual
git gud faget
>>
File: 1464311918661.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464311918661.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>339228503
Because the people complaining about it usually does with the average games as an excuse for their incompetence.

They never complained about Ikaruga being hard, but about something like Crash Bandicoot or 3D Zelda you can find dozens.

So yeah, git gud. It's a fucking videogame not a life or death matter.
>>
You really have to reach that happy little medium.
If a game's too easy, you feel as though you've wasted your time/money playing it.
But if a game is hard for the sake of hard, you also feel like a retard putting so much effort into something with little or no payout.
You're better off using that energy towards your other neglected hobbies. You know, the one that you have so much promise of before the world took a massive shit on your dreams.
Some hard games can be rewarding, but a lot of them require hours of practices and mastering online strats that other people who are way smarter than you figured out, just highlighting your shitty mediocrity even more.
Fuck video games.
>>
>>339228503
Because usually the games people bitch about aren't too hard.
>>
>>339230401
Christ, Artorias' soul was purple, what a simple thing to completely fuck up.
>>
Too hard games do exist OP. They aren't popular and are generally viewed as badly designed. If someone is failing at IWBTG any git gud replies are just memeing you.
However, if the game is popular, that means a bast majority of people can clear it and it's decently designed, so you just have to either stop being shit, or buy games that actually cater to your plebeian reflexes.
>>
File: 1464302406718.gif (458 KB, 304x276) Image search: [Google]
1464302406718.gif
458 KB, 304x276
>Normal is too Easy
>Hard is too Hard

I hate this.
>>
>>339230651
IWBTG is all about execution. Anyone who is having difficulty in it DOES in fact need to git gud.
>>
>>339230076
just quit gaming and save yourself the trouble. its the easiest mode.
>>
>>339230401
its because different builds either make certain bosses harder or easier.

playing as magic in dark souls basically trivializes most bosses. If you wear heavy armor and have a strong strength weapon you can basically soak up damage and spam r1 to victory. if you are stuck with a small dexterity weapon some bosses will seem almost invulnerable to your attacks and require like 100+ hits. where as if you use a great axe you can literally stagger bosses to death in a few hits.

dark souls is one of those rpgs where you choose your own difficulty setting by choosing your build and playstyle. you can make it hard by using small mundane weapons and choosing not to summon people or you can make it easy as pie by summoning phantoms and using the ridiculously op weapons that are in the game.
>>
File: 1464300223825.png (188 KB, 407x743) Image search: [Google]
1464300223825.png
188 KB, 407x743
>>339230687
>Hard is really fucking hard.
>Playing it co-op with someone makes it fun.
>>
>>339228503
if its beatable its not too hard.
>>
Name 1 modern game that was released in the past 10 years that was too hard.

>inb4 Dark Souls
>>
>>339230738
No, IWBTG is mostly about memorization.
>>
>>339230832
What if it's beatable but only with massive amounts of savescumming and cheesing?
>>
>>339230878
Not really, the only difficult parts are ones which require pixel perfect platforming and good execution. The memorization-heavy segments are piss easy since you die to something unexpected once, respawn in the same screen and do it again.
>>
File: 1450400109747.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1450400109747.gif
2 MB, 448x252
What's far more annoying is people responding to design criticism with 'git gud'. The fact that content is complete-able doesn't mean it isn't shit. Such as the Ray fight at the end of MGS2, or the vehicle fights in Peace Walker.

>>339230687
>Harder difficulties are just poorly balanced health and damage modifiers
Why even fucking bother?
>>
>>339230872
skyrim was pretty hard if you think about it. you could make the enemies bullet sponges if you dont focus 100% on combat abilities. it makes skills like alchemy and enchantment nearly useless. also the quests can be confusing becuase they dont show you how to get to your objective. there is a compass arrow but it points through walls etc.
>>
>>339230872
I heard Vampire Rain was pretty bullshit.
>>
>>339230651
>>339230738
IWBTG is fucking shit. A real example of bad game everything.

I suck at it, but a game that you beat by memorizing instead of having different ways to clear its challenges is the biggest proof of not knowing how to do a game.
>>
>>339230948
Then it's a good game. At least by /v/ standards.
>>
>>339230995
Wait..

People think the Ray fight is hard? Like.. on extreme it's a bit hard, but that's expected.
>>
>>339231023
Skyrim was only bullshit because of the fucking level scaling.
>>
>>339231082
For me it was just tedious as fuck
>>
>>339229469
>complain about elitists
>behave like an elitist
>>
>>339230962
>It's not memorization if once it happens you need to remember it
Ok.
Also extremely precise platforming that is accomplished via trial and error, with no chance of getting it right the first time, is also memorization dude.
>>
>>339231023
That really fucking pissed me off about that game.
>Level up smirthery alchemy barter and enchantment skills.
>sneak to next dungeon
>get fucking RAPED by mega drauger

Is there any way to balance this shit or just focus on one-handed until one-shot everything?
>>
>>339228503
>Why do people think games can be too easy, but not too hard?

They can be hard if you're a casual
>>
>>339231082
It's pretty easy to get overwhelmed or just beaten down if you aren't aggressive with the stingers.
>>
>>339230948
Ace attorney is forgiven; those moments are very rare and even more acknowledged.
>>
>>339231174
No, it's still memorization, it's just not the game's main source of difficulty. Also what you said in the second half of your post applies to every single difficult single player game ever made.
>>
>>339228959

Kinamania
>>
>>339231186
If devs programmed an AI in a fighting game to have 100% perfect reaction times to every move of yours, rendering it humanly impossible to beat it, you calling everyone a casual would become as pointless as you calling someone it now since clearly from this example difficulty is not the only important thing a game needs.
>>
>>339231184
But if you level smithing, alchemy and enchanting, you can get so strong gear that enemies won't be able to do anything to you while you abuse potions to buff your damage output.
>>
>>339228503
>bunch of people enjoy a hard game
>filthy casuals want to get in
>For fucking social reasons
>whine game is too hard

Plz fuck off
>>
>>339228503
Because unless it's some indie cult hit trash like I Wanna Be The Guy, it had to go through a bunch of play testing to make sure it worked and was fun and chances are it underwent a ton of tweaks to make sure it could still be considered not impossible.

Do you complain that basketball is too hard because you don't want to practice shooting hoops? Maybe whatever game you're playing just isn't for you if you don't have the time to get accustomed to it.
>>
>>339231572
No, just because 1 game is that way doesn't make it the defining standard, it is statistically insignificant.
>>
>>339231486
>No, it's still memorization, it's just not the game's main source of difficulty.
I disagree.

>Also what you said in the second half of your post applies to every single difficult single player game ever made.
Not at all. Take for example Circus Charlie, a hard game, where there is no memorization required, just getting gud.
>>
>>339231064
>>339231670
isn't the iwbtg dev a full-time Twitter Feminist now
i'm not sure if that's more or less depressing than being completely forgotten outside of /v/ bait threads
>>
>>339231785
I drew up that theoretical situation just to show that games aren't all about being difficult. Every game could be made impossible, developers usually balance it out so people CAN win though, otherwise it's no fun.
>>
>>339228503
Battletoads is too hard. Castlevania is not "too hard". A game become too hard when the challenge is because of BULLSHIT and not just skill level.
>>
hurr git gud faggot
>>
File: 1460823190788.png (272 KB, 522x531) Image search: [Google]
1460823190788.png
272 KB, 522x531
>>339228503

because a lot of people don't think that games are actually that difficult. the fun i get from beating a game is working out when to press buttons and how to overcome the obstacles set by the developers. it usually takes a few tries and then i work out how to win. that's the whole point, for me, at least.

when someone says they can't beat the first boss in dark souls or ninja gaiden or whatever, i just immediately think "you're not trying very hard, are you?" because it's not actually hard. you just need to learn what the game wants you to do.

i think a lot of people that play games these days just want to "play a movie," and not be required to learn a mechanic or specific timing. people just want to have their hand held through a cinematic experience, constantly being told they're good at the game, when they're not really doing anything terribly difficult at all.

people saying "git gud" is really just people wanting other people to actually have to learn something instead of having their hand held through a linear experience.

but whatever, i'm a faggot. i know.
>>
>>339231946
Circus Charlie requires you to memorize plenty of things such as the controls/physics, how the objects work and all the various combinations that pop up in the game. That kind of memorization is what getting gud is all about
>>
>>339232081
you put it nicely, but im positive you dont say that every time someone complains about something hard. you probably just tell them to git gud like a shitter.
>>
>>339232254
Learning =/= memorization.
You learn a game mechanic.
You memorize an enemy spawn position or at which pixel you need to jump to make a specific jump across a gap.
>>
>fallout /casuals/ complain about FO4 being too easy
>then complain when survival mode was 'too hard'

Fucking /foc/
>>
It's very easy for anyone to enjoy a game which is too hard by just not expecting to beat it. A game which is too easy would fail at being engaging to anyone.
>>
I don't get why so many on the internet are completely obsessed with appearing hardcore. A hard game is fun, but is that really all you play for?
>>
>>339232493
That is one bizarre distinction. It's impossible to learn without memorizing.
>>
File: 1455295927485.jpg (36 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1455295927485.jpg
36 KB, 540x960
>>339232296
i am actually super nice about it. my irl friends aren't game maniacs like me, so i always encourage them to just learn stuff instead of crying and putting the game down.
>>
>>339232493
>Learning =/= memorization

what
>>
>>339232493
I agree.

>>339232680
People seems to forget the difference between a challenge and hard.
>>
File: Rice Pirates.jpg (210 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Rice Pirates.jpg
210 KB, 1680x1050
>>339228503
That is my favorite russian youtube guy, even moreso than the alchemist one who makes homunculi
>>
>>339232780
I thought it was quite agreed on.
"knowing" vs "knowing by heart".
>>
>>339232296
I'll do it for him, fucking kys right now, demanding everyone who is better than you get on your trash level is the behavior of someone who is better off dead, you'll never change, you'll never try harder or re-evaluate yourself or just dig deep, you'll just cry and cry and cry until everyone takes a knee and gives you comforting hugs and gives you a participation trophy. You're fucking garbage wearing human skin.
>>
>>339231502
fuck me this game is real, they sell it on ebay kek
>>
>>339231670
>practice
I have nothing against taking the time to practice my skills and I'm used to that since I play fighting games, but games like Dark Souls don't let me do that for no good reason. If I've been able to kill some regular enemies without using a single consumable item or taking a single hit from them until a boss comes along and kills me, then why can't I just skip the enemies and practice the boss fight? I realize that placing a bonfire before a boss would allow me to level and refill my flask and I'm not asking for that because it would allow me to waste resources on regular enemies and such, but there is no reason to place some another kind of checkpoint that allows you to die to the boss, lose your souls and flask charges but allow you to practice the boss repeatedly without interruptions. Sort of how SMT games often have two tiers of save points, those that have access to all functions (saving, fast travel, fusion and so on) and those that simply allow you to save your progress or return to last major save point.
>>
Define "too hard", OP. I mean, people can say FTL's too hard when its actually just dealing with the RNG.
>>
>>339233005
What you're talking about is brute forcing your way through something by memorization alone, which is impossible for any kind of difficult real time video game since they require you to be able to actually execute your plans.
>>
>>339231184
>>339231023
i was just memeing.

seriously though if you get enchanting to 100 you can just enchant a bow to do insane amounts of damage then enchant all your armor to do +20% more damage with bows then one shot just about everything in the game
>>
>>339233472
You're missing the point.
>>
>>339228669
Shinobi's final boss.

Fuck you to anybody that thinks that shit is well designed.

90% of the game is amazing. Shittiest most difficult final boss on the PS2.
>>
>>339233607
Which point is that? You were making the claim that IWBTG's difficulty comes from memorization, which is wrong. Then you made the ridiculous claim that pixel perfect platforming is memorization too even though all you do there is figure how to utilize your movement options, which is the same kind of memorization that you do when learning Circus Charlie's controls and obstacles.
>>
It's simple.

There are good difficult games like ninja Gaiden, dark souls, and bayonetta. But they aren't bullshit, they just require patience.

Then there's games that are legitimate trial and error garbage like I wanna be the guy.
>>
>>339234038
>You were making the claim that IWBTG's difficulty comes from memorization, which is wrong
There's simply no arguing with you, it's right there clear as day and you deny it.

>Also Pixel perfect platforming is the same as knowing how to play Circus Charlie for some reason
>>
>>339233158
That's like saying Mario should have a checkpoint before Bowser.
>>
>>339234280
The reason is that you learn the games in much the same way, the main difference is that IWBTG platforming is much more demanding. You learn how your character moves, you recognize an obstacle and use the movement options you've learned about to avoid that obstacle. IWBTG has a lot of simple memorization but that is not its main source of difficulty outside of maybe the Tetris part, but even then you are constantly progressing so it's not really any kind of struggle. The struggle comes from executing your plans without fucking up.
>>
the fuck are you even talking about OP
if a game sucks cause you suck you need to git gud or find a new game.
>>
>>339234518
I seriously don't get how you can't tell the difference.
>>
>>339234662
I've played both games instead of buying into the memes
>>
>>339234301
The good old Mario games (and old NES games in general) give you finite amount of tries and the point of those games is to see how far you can get with those tries. Dark Souls gives you infinite amount of tries but decides to waste a bit of your time anyway just for the heck of it.
>>
>>339234764
If your time is so precious why are you playing video games?
>>
>>339234725
And you think I haven´t?
>>
>>339234764
The Estus system is obviously meant to simulate how lives worked in older games, although it ends up being kinda crap. It's finite, losing it all and dying makes you repeat a lengthy section of the game and it rewards skilled players aith higher odds against bosses and shit
>>
Because they haven't made a game that required weird abuse of mechanics or excessive luck to succeed for several console generations.
>>
>>339234965
Sure sounds like it if you believe that learning what to dodge in a level is more of a struggle than actually doing the precise dodges necessary to get past the level.
>>
>>339235194
Still not sure in what bizarro world you live where "aritificial difficulty: the game" is on the same level as anything else
>>
>>339229953
A lot of my friends ( one guy ) like games to be easy , dont like a challenge just like to switch off up stairs and shoot stuff without ever dying
>>
I like games that force you to think and try, games that are poorly designed or just throw a shit storm in your face without any real mechanic of mastering it deserves to go bankrupt
>>
I miss games like darksiders where you could sit along for the ride after getting out of work or amp up the difficulty if you felt like trying
>>
>>339228503
One half of the Dunning-Kruger Effect. People who are good at something underestimates its difficulty because it is easy for them, so they assume it must be easy for others as well.
>>
>>339228503
>game is too hard
There is no such thing as too hard. Only too hard for you.

You have two choices in that case: git gud or move on.
>>
>>339228503
because difficulty brings the game mechanics into sharp relief, it makes each element of the game more significant and impactful

easiness does the opposite. eventually a game becomes so easy that it doesn't matter what you do, then it might as well not have any gameplay at all (see most modern console games, retail world of warcraft, everything on mobile)
>>
C'mon git gud supercasulman
>>
>>339233961
git gud
>>
File: Babyboomer.jpg (16 KB, 205x299) Image search: [Google]
Babyboomer.jpg
16 KB, 205x299
A lot of older (pre)8-bit games have shit games that are literally unbeatable because bosses won't take damage and other shit. Then there are technically beatable games, but the game is so bullshit and unfun it's not worth the time.

The worst games we have nowadays that are difficult because of bullshit are RNG based games and some people love RNG. Personally I hate it, but at least there is a market for RNG games and there is a way to progress.
>>
>>339237409
Has anyone ever got gud at this

Perfect example of too hard
>>
>>339233158
It's thematic and would be too forgiving.
You should be rewarded for going through all the work
>>
>>339232296
People can actually be nice irl and don't constantly talk like they're posting on a forum. You're probably just assuming everyone on here acts like you.

>haha git gud like me u casul
>why don't I have friends
>cuz they're all casul kek
>>
too easy =/= good or bad game
too hard =/= good or bad game

People who say games are too easy simply like challenge.
People who say games are too hard don't like extreme dedication to certain mechanics and would rather prefer the experience of the game itself.

Completely subjective, however the harder the game the more depth it does have.

Unless you're talking about old games pre 2000's or something, all games are beatable
>>
>>339228503
Maybe you should educate yourself on "git gud" and what it means.
>>
>>339238282
Too many dumbass weren't around in the early Dark Souls threads and don't understand what Git Gud means. The problem arose in dark souls since everyone didn't understand that there weren't any solid advice that could be given to winning a particular fight since heavy's could just block capre demon which in returned murdered sorcery builds. Likewise sorcerers could wreck pretty much most other fights. Git Gud means to exploit a game and find anything that works. Abandon all presumed rules, change your build for just one encounter, cheese and glitch, create broken builds, avoid hard fights if you have to, but whatever you do Git Gud!
>>
Because no game is "too hard". No matter how much practice, trial and error, and failed attempts, you're bound to beat it at some point.

The whole "le git gud xD" meme has gotten to reddit-tier bad, the only reason it stays around is because of how true it is. People say "git gud" because that's literally what you have to do to overcome your obstacles, complaining that something is too hard won't get you anywhere.

Then there's the brain-dead morons that just overuse git gud and spurt it towards any genuine discussion or valid criticisms, it doesn't even have to anything related to difficulty.
>>
>>339238803

See

>>339237409
>>
hurr git gud faggot
>>
>>339237409
This is not a video game, it is a scam. It was not made to be played, but rather as a cash in to sell before people realized what they had bought, therefore the rules of git gud do not apply.
>>
>>339238762
>upgrading your weapon is cheesing, glitching and creating broken builds
>>
>>339239136
>making shit up instead of gitn gud
>lol git gud skrub
>>
>>339239176
Throwing shit over a wall is cheesing, or shooting a boss with arrows before you even reach the boss fight. Don't forget flipping havel moms or the infinite lightning chuckers pre-nerf.
>>
hurr git gud faggot
>>
>>339237409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ2UzTpXfpU

(^:
>>
>>339239921
So one person ever or
>>
>>339228503
A game hasnt been even remotely difficult for at least 10 years.
>>
>>339232081
This is the sad truth, even if the "git gud" meme is just as retarded as it sounds.
>>
>>339228503
There's bullshit that's so stupidly difficult that most people accept is not a fair challenge and is in fact "too hard". I Wanna Be The Guy is the best example. Anyone who tells you to "git gud" at that game is memeing.
>>
>>339230687
>Capcom games
>>
File: Gotta Go Fast.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Gotta Go Fast.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>339228503
You know what a hard game is?

Saint's Row Moneyshot

You know what's better?

It's actually fun
>>
>>339228503
RTFM, Nobody creates games that are "too hard"
>>
>>339230401
>So how many attempts did this boss take you?
>Oh I didn't die at all.
>Riiiiight...
>>
>>339240281
Except that game being stupidly unfairly hard is the joke and the whole reason it is fun
>>
>>339228669
/thread
>>
>>339240085
I play shmups, and Crimzon Clover for example is just stupidly difficult, but whatever...
>>
>>339228503
ok so if a game is too hard then its obviously not for you right? If someone were forcing you to play it i could understand your argument. There are plenty of easy games out there go play one. There is a market for people that like difficult games and its ok for you not to play them.
>>
>>339230401
Oh now I see what Ringfinger was doing with Rosaria's soul.....
>>
File: myopathy.jpg (73 KB, 300x811) Image search: [Google]
myopathy.jpg
73 KB, 300x811
>Kinaman
>>
>>339241308
>criticise a game
>hurr noone is forcing you to play it
Great arguments...
>>
Because for most people here being good at games is the only thing going for them.
>>
>>339230687
>What is Tekken 5
>>
Git gud makes me kek everytime. Not because of how mad people get when it's said to them, but because it came from Dark Souls of all things.
>people legitimately think Dark Souls is a hard game
Truly the biggest kek of all.
>>
>>339228503
Because if you can breeze through the whole thing in one sitting then you haven't learned anything from the game, and therefore have wasted all your time, the whole point of any kind of play is to develop real skills.

If you can't appreciate this then you don't even like videogames, you're just a sad little dopamine addict frustrated at the prospect of ever being denied your petty victory high.
>>
>>339243894
You dumb retard don't even have an idea what kind of games I am actually talking about... I am talking about difficulty where only superplayers can clear the game.
>>
>>339228503
retards aren't allowed to have fun.
>>
>>339244247
>difficulty where only superplayers can clear the game
name one such game faggot
>>
>>339244770
Not him, but...
Ghosts and Goblins JP
>>
>>339244770
Crimzon Clover, Ketsui, etc, many shmups, especilly when playing for score
>>
>>339231502
Why is he so weird looking? Is it a funny camera angle?
>>
>>339244869
>>339244909
Shmups, right, that's what I thought.
Do you honestly think this niche is even remotely relevant in vidya industry? Up to the point of using them for argument on /v/ ?
You know the answer
>>
>>339231949
The IWTBTG fangames are much better than it.
>>
>>339245126
>Ghosts 'n Goblins
>shmup
>>
Difficulty can be done poorly.

Memorizing 500 digits of pi for an in-game task isn't fun, but it is hard

Fun is always paramount, as well as the difficulty matching the theme of the game
>>
>>339228503
>be OP
>be a faggot
>get BUTTBLASTED AND ANNIHILATED at dark souls
>post crying and trembling on 4chins

here's your (You) senpai
>>
>>339244909
CC is easy as far as shmups go, as long as you have a sanwa stick. I play with a madcatz fight stick I had since SFIV and it didn't cause too many problems, it was my first shmup and I managed a no-death run after maybe 15 hours on normal. I'm shit at games too usually.
>>
Why don't people play easier games if they find them too hard?
There are a LOT more easier games so you have no right to bitch about hard ones, you don't see me playing easy games then complaining about how it is too easy and they should make them harder

git gud or find something easier you faggots
>>
>play a game that adds options to make it easier, but if you don't use them it's about as difficult as any prior game in the series
>it's not a labelled difficulty setting so people scream bloody murder as if they can't just not use the option
>ignoring that not only is it a crutch for shitty players but also enables several play styles that were not feasible in past entries
>>
>>339245617
No, fuck you. If a game offers something, I WILL use it, because its part of the game and doing everything I possibly can in order to get past something is part of the fun. If the 'easy mode' things in the game aren't explicitly part of an easy mode, then shit yes I will judge the game for it, because that means I have to hold back. And if I'm holding back, then what is the limit to this? If is gain access to something more powerful then usual, should I just choose to not use it, in order to play my own made up difficulty instead? Because that is ass.
>>
>>339245295
What's your name on the leaderboard? Did you play Type Z? Which mode?
I am playing Original Arcade, Type I, and the game is just patheticly difficult. And I already cleared games like Battel Garegga.
>>
>>339245126
What does this have to do with relevancy? Just because you apparently only play AAA garbage, doesn't mean everyone else does.
>>
>>339228503
Because it's inclusionist fucks who are responsible for video game difficulty being a general joke nowadays and if you look at the mass of people playing anything blindly you will realize that almost all of them are fucking terrible and can't into critical thinking so they do indeed need to "git gud" before they start blaming the game for their shortcomings.

I mean fuck's sake have you SEEN people play games? Even "professionals" who have spent their entire life with them are fucking awful.
>>
>>339240758
That's not how bullets work
>>
>>339228503
I think the mindset "the harder is the game, the better it is" is totally wrong. It's nice to have a challenge but it shouldn't be a flag about the game's overall quality.

This is why I prefer games with an equilibrated diffuclty curve over games that have difficulty settings or that are equally hard since the beginning to the end.
>>
>>339228503
Wannabe elitists who have nothing else in life they can be proud of.

But sometimes it's also just that you suck and need to git gud.
>>
>>339246919
This is why dark souls is good. Its not really that hard, and its fun.
>>
File: 1419081648384.gif (639 KB, 439x512) Image search: [Google]
1419081648384.gif
639 KB, 439x512
>>339247284
>>
>>339246919
ITT: casuals.
>>
File: roll into the cage.webm (3 MB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
roll into the cage.webm
3 MB, 720x540
the best games are easy to pick up and difficult to master.
>>
>>339228503
At this point, it's a meme.

Also, people tend to confuse difficulty, punishment, randomness, and just bad game design together. A large number of people pushing the difficulty angle seem to not recognize or understand the difference between an actually difficult game and a poorly designed one. A surprisingly large number of them seems to just assume that "time spent" is a sign of difficulty, and judge a game based entirely on how much time is consumed to get through it. This is how RPGs end up on these "difficult games" lists or are listed as challenging, when really the only challenge to get through a RPG is investing enough time into either leveling or reloading against a RNG.

>hurr durr SMT
No, SMT is a time investment in recruiting and leveling up the correct monsters against a particular boss. You don't have someone with the correct immunities and status effects that the particular boss requires? Well then, fuck off and grind the required character up to the level needed to survive, and come back. It's not challenging a player, beyond the tedium of going through all the options to see which ones you need to level up.
>>
>>339248391
Agreed.
>>
>>339228503

>have hard time in one part of game
>see youtube video how it's done
>he beats it easily
>check his stats
>more than twice as good as yours

No wonder..
>>
File: 1365737572187.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1365737572187.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>339248391
>memerunning
>>
>>339228503
Because you're bad at vidya
>>
>>339248391
woah dude... how many a presses?
>>
>>339245473
No, it makes sense. I love everything about the Kirby games except for how boring they are due to the difficulty. If someone nutted up when they designed it, it would be a real blast.

Meanwhile if some scrub tries playing something like Dark Messiah, they won't have fun.

The thing is with risking making your game too hard over too easy is that scrubs CAN get better if they want. All they need is persistence before they learn. Meanwhile an easy game is just easy for everyone.

Ideally all games would have Platinum Games sorts of difficulty selection that pleases everyone and encourages casuals to git gud without being imposing, but lol follow the money = just dumb the whole thing down!
>>
>>339232493
Yup this. Learning how a game will play is a lot different then trial and error games like IWBTG
>>
>>339228503
>Why is it that elitist constantly think the harder a game is, the more depth has it?
Because it's their games--they only let you play them. If you don't like it, go back to playing Candy Crush, or those non-games/walking simulators that are more your level.

But if you want to play games that are only meant for elites, you need to GIT GUD, you faggot.
>>
File: 1464015655927.jpg (43 KB, 736x470) Image search: [Google]
1464015655927.jpg
43 KB, 736x470
>people complain instead of trying harder or training
>games become more and more easier, and more and more boring because of that

It's a symptom of that generation, you want all, right now and without effort.
>>
>>339245113
Cerebral palsy, I guess.
>>
>>339245113
nah, he's just russian.
>>
>>339250336
It's neo/v/
>>
Truth is, whoever plays too easy games should be called "casual", whoever plays too hard games should be called "try-hard". Both kinds are cancerous.

The only smart players are those in the middle, those that play equilibrated games.
>>
>>339228503
>people are retarded
Just /v/
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>339228669
>help you improve reflexes, memory and hand eye coordination.
this is what neckbeard shommots really believe
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.