[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, if it isn't my favorite city-state!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: enrico civ 5.png (232 KB, 384x365) Image search: [Google]
enrico civ 5.png
232 KB, 384x365
Well, if it isn't my favorite city-state!
>>
Venice is still alive? Could have sworn the Huns took them over back in 500 BC.
>>
>playing germany
>have 111 tourism
>Morroco has 88 tourism
>he reaches 150 tourism within 5 turns
>it goes down to 120 and then shoots up to 180 within 10 turns

god i hate this fucking game
>>
File: protoman.gif (954 KB, 400x313) Image search: [Google]
protoman.gif
954 KB, 400x313
>>339222520
>playing venice
>incredibly close to spain early on
>thinks go smoothly, I get some trade routes going
>suddenly isabella declares war on me
>switch all production to units and buy more
>beat her ass
>mfw
>>
>>339223435

Yup. That's pretty much how Venice plays. Also, playing against the AI, you really shouldn't lose a war if you have more than 10 military units. Unless the AI has units 2 ages beyond you, you can just stack all your units on your tiles as meat shields and let them heal every turn. Having less cities actually makes war easier.
>>
>>339223901
im a cruel bastard against venice
>playing as morocco
>build a bunch of settlers to make lotsocities
>am chill with all the city states
>one in particular, wellington, gifts me units and is my favorite
>dont get any units for a while
>check up on it
>tfw venice puppeted it
>declare war on him instantly
>pump out a bunch of trebuchets and pikeman
>take venice
>tfw he cant do anything the whole game cause he only has puppets
>>
>>339224993

In the future, you should take over his capital and all but one of the puppets. Then liberate the city states, which cancels out your penalty for taking his capital. Plus you get city state allies. Then of course he gets left with one puppet, though he can technically still buy great merchants and take more city states.
>>
>>339225535
I don't think you can liberate Venice's bought city states

or is it Austria I'm thinking of?
>>
anyone wanna play a game?
>>
File: 1464474218013.jpg (120 KB, 1720x679) Image search: [Google]
1464474218013.jpg
120 KB, 1720x679
>>339226290
You can't liberate either of them
>>
>>339226410
thought so, it's fucking stupid

you can liberate them from any other civ but why those two just eradicate their city state status irritates me beyond anything
>>
I don't mind it deleting their city state status, I just fucking hate how venice can buy out your ally city states. At least austria has to ally them for 5 turns or so before she can buy them.
>>
>>339226678
Because they willingly become Austrian/Venetian
>>
>alexander settles 4 tiles from my capital
>declare war on him
>take over his 16 cities with just chariots and horsemen
>raze all but maybe 3 because they are in garbage positions
>rest of the world now hates me for the rest of the game and sends me hate mail every 4 turns
>can't alt tab during long turn transitions because the AI keeps talking to me to tell me how much my X sucks.
>>
>>339227285
I guess Venice needs something to outdo Austria's ability on that front. Happy Merchants are a lot rarer than shekels after all.
>>
>>339227501
what fucking mod are you playing that has an AI with 16 cities in the classical era
>>
>>339227834
The mod known as vanilla Alexander.
>>
>>339227834

Its called Emperor difficulty. If the AI keeps getting luxury resources in each expansion, they keep expanding. I've seen Poland and Iroquois get up to 20+ cities before Renaissance.
>>
File: 1461274678746.jpg (31 KB, 501x430) Image search: [Google]
1461274678746.jpg
31 KB, 501x430
>>339227834
Τί?!
>>
>load up bnw
>go for a wide empire
>remember what a pain in the ass it is without all the penalties
>quit
>>
How is community balance patch an improvement?

>Can't take a city state with an archer and walls 6 dromon, somehow start with dromon as denmark
>Tech is retarded, every tech requires the 3 previous techs
>Need tech to see bonus resources, so can't move your initial settler at all for fear of leaving a bunch of sheeps or stone or something
>Hemorrhage money all the time because of all the buildings you need to build early
>All the religious stuff is super convoluted and shit, pantheons that made some starts less shit don't exist
>need policies to build every wonder
>AI somehow manages to get 2 policies and build Stonehenge on turn 30
>AI somehow manages to get enough faith for a pantheon on turn 1 (one)
>>
>>339228642
>>Can't take a city state with an archer and walls 6 dromon, somehow start with dromon as denmark
git gud
>>Tech is retarded, every tech requires the 3 previous techs
Before CBP you could build a spaceship without rocketry
>>Need tech to see bonus resources, so can't move your initial settler at all for fear of leaving a bunch of sheeps or stone or something
I like it
>>Hemorrhage money all the time because of all the buildings you need to build early
Yea, rush Currency
>>>All the religious stuff is super convoluted and shit, pantheons that made some starts less shit don't exist
???
>>need policies to build every wonder
Because Science is no longer king
>>AI somehow manages to get 2 policies and build Stonehenge on turn 30
Stonehenge is early as fuck though?
>>AI somehow manages to get enough faith for a pantheon on turn 1 (one)
Ghandi gets a free pantheon on turn 1 in CBP
>>
WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A TRADE AGREEMENT WITH ENGLAND?
>>
>>339229174
lmao just played a game with england too
bitch offered me spices for gold silver and 10 gold per turn
>>
>>339229174
>agreement is her duplicate luxury for your duplicate luxury, plus another non duplicate luxury, plus 4 gpt, plus 2 horses
>>
>pearls is your regional luxury
>incense is your bonus luxury
Is there any reason not to alt f4 right there?
>>
>>339229628
Pearls can be alright if you get the 1+ prod 1+ faith pantheon but you need 3+ fishing resources to make it useful.

>Incense
That's fine, it's not like you'd ever work the incense anyway unless it's the regional luxury
>>
PC Gamer article with new info on Civ 6

http://www.pcgamer.com/new-looks-and-classic-gameplay-60-turns-of-civilization-6/

>Civilization 6’s Senior Producer Dennis Shirk, speaking to PC Gamer's Phil Savage, said the negative response to the new art style didn't surprise him. "When you play 500 to a thousand hours of a game like Civ 5, when you do an overhaul like we did, it's going to be startling no matter what because it's a game people really love to play. And when they see just plain screenshots without motion, without UI, without everything else that goes into it, without the context of why we did it, I can understand why there's consternation."
>>
>>339230154
>Urban sprawl

>This new style, we were told, was directly related to some of the new gameplay changes. Adding districts to the cities and Wonders taking up their own tiles meant the map needed to be easier to read, even when players zoom all the way out.

>"In the previous games, everything is vertical, everything's in the city,” Shirk said. “We didn't have to represent anything on the map except improvements so you didn't need a whole lot of feedback to look at a farm and know it's a farm or a mine. But when you take all of the buildings out of the cities, so you've twelve districts, each district has three to four buildings [and] you have to have it readable out of the map... we don't want people to have to sit there all the time going on a tooltip clickfest, or have special UI on all the time that says what's in each one. So, we've modeled out every single building, we themed everything to stylized colors, stylized shapes, so when you have a campus down you see the blue roof on the library, the blue roof on the university, on the research lab, you see the magenta color in the amphitheater and everything.

>“So even when you're walking by another city, or you're invading, you don't have to, again, roll over anything. It doesn't matter if you're zoomed out, you recognize exactly what's on the map, where it is, and what its primary function is without even having to mouse over it."

>While the new art style can be a bit jarring, it’s not really an entirely new look. Shirk told us the designers combed through past Civ games to sample the elements they liked and combine them, lifting the the color palette from Civilization Revolution, the iconic style of Civ 4, some of the detail from Civ 5. “We took all of those things to create basically the look that we have now.”
>>
>>339229628
pretty much any calendar luxury, especially wine
>>
>>339230206
>Culture Wars

>Culture players will have a better time of things in Civ 6. Traditionally, a culture victory is challenging if you find yourself parked next to a science-minded and militaristic civilization. You just can’t keep up with their tech or armies, and you’re somewhat at their mercy if they decided to conquer you. Civ 6 will give you some new ways to combat that situation.

>"You're not going to be able to keep up with other people in terms of them getting tanks first,” Shirk said of culture-based players, “but because you've got this humongous range of possible policies to put into your amazing, wide-slotted government, you're going to cut your unit maintenance in half, you're going to be able to produce humans faster, you're going to be able to do all these things to counter that militaristic push. Aside from all the other benefits you get from policies, because he's not going to be nearly as deep in the policy tree to have those benefits. So, this is more along the lines of—this gives the builder that equal footing."

>There's a whole different level if you want to play that aggressive religion-versus-religion game.

>Players who love to build, we were told, can also experience a bit more freedom and worry less about grouchy citizens in far flung, less-than-optimal locations.

>"One thing I think is the best for people who love to min-max, is as a culture player you no longer have to worry about that small [city]. With local happiness you can go as wide as you want. You can build that crappy little city up in the tundra just to get that iron, and they're going to be kind of unhappy, they're going to be displeased, but you can do that because it's not going to affect your entire empire, it's just going to be that city that's unhappy."
>>
>>339230306
>Keep the faith

>I didn’t muck about with religion during my session, but Shirk said there’s a more robust system in place for those who want to use a faith-based approach to conquest. The foundation seen in Gods and Kings is present, but has been expanded upon.

>“Aside from custom cathedrals, meeting houses, etc. that you can put into your holy site now based on a belief, you can also have powers,” said Shirk. “For example, being able to purchase theater districts or commercial hubs with faith alone. You're going to have religious combat now, you're going to have inquisitions, you can have inquisitors and apostles.
>>
>>339230270
They really should have made calendar luxuries gain +1 production as default. There's almost no way you would ever work them unless they are citrus or cocoa or you need money.
Incense in particular is garbage because it's on flat desert 9 times out of 10. It should have faith built into the tile desu, it's used almost exclusively in religious ceremonies and it could have something redeemable about it.
>>
>civ keeps stealing my technology
>after the 7th time I finally bust the spy who stole them
>denounce the civ
>they denounce me... for L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y no reason
>mouse over the DENOUNCE text shows nothing except green shit except for my denounce being the only negative thing
Holy shit this game is broken. Firaxis? More like FIRExis cause they should all be fucking fired.

Let's hope VI doesn't come out broken beyond repair.
>>
>>339231862
They L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y couldn't make the AI better due to extremely long turn timers and systems at the time weren't strong enough to handle a improved AI. You really should play multiplayer if the lackluster Diplomacy is an issue to you
>>
>>339230154
>when they see just plain screenshots without motion, without UI, without everything else that goes into it
They are so fucking desperate with their damage control, it looks as bad in the video clips they released.

Just fix your game, you have the money to do it.
>>
File: 13525738.jpg (17 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
13525738.jpg
17 KB, 256x352
>>339232073
>couldn't make the AI better due to extremely long turn timers
>You really should play multiplayer
You're a funny guy.
>>
>>339232451
What? simultaneous turns exist for a reason and you can modify how quickly the turn timer is with the latest NQ mod.
>>
>>339232451
They couldn't improve the AI because it would make the turn timers way too long and the guy was originally complaining about Diplomacy being shit so play multiplayer where you have actual diplomacy with people who are infinity better than AI in that department. Why are you laughing about different statements? It's not like he was complaining about the turn timers in the first place
>>
>>339231862
>civ you're friends with tries stealing your techs and fails
>you're an asshole for denouncing your friend
Friends wouldn't be stealing from each other in the first place.
>>
>start game
>explore with scout
>see enemy settler
>immediately declare war

It's just too tempting
>>
>>339228642
You don't know the game well enough, did you ever consider that?
>>
>>339232078
It really doesn't look bad, it's very pleasing to look at. I don't get the clamor for realism.
>>
>>339233243
>very pleasing to look at
Do you find yourself playing games on your phone or other mobile device often?

Just asking..
>>
File: 123.jpg (31 KB, 448x319) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
31 KB, 448x319
>tfw bushido
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.