[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be talking with friend about good old wow days >the days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 13
File: burningcrusade.jpg (143 KB, 704x448) Image search: [Google]
burningcrusade.jpg
143 KB, 704x448
>be talking with friend about good old wow days
>the days of leveling a BE and drainei in TBC
>how it felt like you were progressing your charatcer
>how you had a goal of reaching 70 just to be able to have a CHANCE at the goodies awaiting you
>feel the struggle of the draenie and the BE which they faced.
>Ghostlands
>bloodmyst isle
>STV fun and questing with strangers as they were on the same journey as you
>reaching silithus, im so close to 60!
>Running SM at 32-40 to get the best gear and dominate 39 pvp bracket before moving on to ZF and eventually ST
>Get to TBC content have a blast

>try to make a draenie again
>the world is empty
>no talents
>no friends or people to be with
>feel depressed
>feel like trying to get back the magic you had with a gf but you know no matter what you do itll never return
>contemplate suicide

Why is life so LAME!>?!?!?!?!
>>
>>339219665
Everything ends, Anon.

The game is 11 years old. What do you expect?

By the way... if you buy Legion, you are only going to drag out our misery. Don't buy it so Blizzard is forced to make a second MMO.
>>
File: 450px-TerokkarConcept.jpg (64 KB, 450x227) Image search: [Google]
450px-TerokkarConcept.jpg
64 KB, 450x227
Reaching this place after the Hellfire shitstorm was such a relief.
>>
>>339219920
I think they wont ever bring back mechanics theyve scrapped... like talents or longer leveling. exploration. community. remove LFR.
Like i just played i died and rezed at spirit... only 1 min for the sickness... KEEP things like that but bring back old stuff. nothing was more fun than LONG AS AV that you joined the next day and its STILL going on
>>
File: region-the-bone-wastes02-full.jpg (1 MB, 1600x789) Image search: [Google]
region-the-bone-wastes02-full.jpg
1 MB, 1600x789
>>339219920
>>339219665

https://youtu.be/kZkQrbzFRuA?t=41m45s
>>
File: region-nagrand-waterfall-full.jpg (308 KB, 1600x698) Image search: [Google]
region-nagrand-waterfall-full.jpg
308 KB, 1600x698
>>339220192
>>339219920
i expect some passion and for the creators of the game to know what people LOVED about it and not turn it into the shit that WoD is...
>>
>>339220118
talents are back in the form of the artifact weapon tree
longer leveling time would be hell. 110 levels at vanilla pace would be fucking horrible. besides, the game has been out for 10 years. people have done the leveling content already. they should add some incentive for slow leveling, or slow zone specific leveling so you dont out level a zone after 3 quests.
exploration still exists. what do you mean by exploration?
community is not something blizzard controls
i dont ujnderstand why people dont like lfr. why do you dislike it?
>>
File: 1463288065539.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1463288065539.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>339220674
>i dont ujnderstand why people dont like lfr. why do you dislike it?
because it causes there to be NO community. You say blizzard has no control but they do by adding things that automate things like LFR it causes no one to talk in any of the channels. Giving hints and things is fine though but you remember Mahriks wife shit? People got involved in the chat.
>>
It's funny when you make Draenei and BE characters nowadays. The zones are relatively untouched, so you manage to get comfy and level to about 20-25 before you get to Cata content and realize how fucked everything is. Plus you begin to realize the only reason they destroyed the world was to make it smaller and less open-world than it was before. Blizz is terrified of people comparing the game as it is today to as it was then, but they leave glaring examples of it in the game like those starting areas. That takes a special kind of laziness, but I appreciate it in this instance.
>>
File: lol.png (77 KB, 188x231) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
77 KB, 188x231
>>339221494
agreed. it is comfy youre right. and then you reach the cata shit and you realize how small the world actually is. I remember when i had to get the warlock mount. it wasnt something i bought from the trainer or just LEARNED. I had to do SO MUCH SHIT and yeah it was frustrating but having guild/friends summon me not only gave me sense of community but also allowed me to get immersed. When i finally for that mount... i was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy. Honestly just sat in org and had the mount out. Everyone would bow before me as they wlked by and inspected it. Probably inspiring many others to go make a lock too!!!! now!?! now... that magic is gone.....
>>
File: Rogue Trainers.jpg (147 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Trainers.jpg
147 KB, 1366x768
>>339220674
Here's what happens. Say you are a DPS, one of the common folk doing your daily dungeon. So you look for a group and get into one. You're new to it and let people know. But you're a good DPS. You do the mechanics of the dungeon, you pull a trick out of your sleeve and you tell the healer not to fret when he died because "Well at least we got most of them down!" You complete the dungeon and you did really fucking great considering it was your first time.

If they are people on your server, you then ask to add them to your friend list and then you have an ever growing list of people you can try to tag along with. You log in, do your daily dungeon and you're done in an hours top.

If its done from a group finder and there's no one on your server that's the end of it. You have no more doings with these people.

Fast forward ahead a bit and you hit level cap. Oh boy time to do RAIDS!

If there was no LFR you now have a list of people to draw from to find a group to raid with. You join up with a group and make a friend or two for life. Or you join a GDKP Mercenary run and get noticed.

But with LFR... you queue up for that, do those easy fights and that's it.

As a CSB, I, a tankadin in BC for the top Alliance guild at the time on my server, would run dungeons with an advertisement of "Taking any DPS, must be able to outDPS the tank." I only ever had to kick one person who then went to trade chat and bitched about it trying to call me an "asshole who kicks for no reason and without warning." He was shot down and more or less ostracized from grouping because of it.

TL;DR: Blame Arena. Arena led to Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds led to DF. DF lead to LFR.
>>
Healsluts
>>
>>339221350
what the fuck are you talking about? LFR on its own does not stop people from talking in general chat. LFR is a single raid difficulty that is intended to be a braindead retard "tourist mode" (actual terminology blizz used). If you want to do the real raid difficulties its still requires plenty of teamwork and communication. If you hate ___ for some convoluted symbolic reason, state that reason instead of blaming some other semi-related entity. If you meant to say you hate the dungeon finder tool for leveling, thats more agreeable. The hardest difficulty endgame dungeons still require you to physically go to the portals though

I also think its incredibly ironic that your example of community, mankriks wife, only happened because thottbot/wowhead were shitty and incomplete back then. people googled "mankriks wife" on the big wow fansites in an attempt to find her location, found nothing because the actual npc name was "beaten corpse", and asked general chat as a last resort
>>
>>339220674
>i dont ujnderstand why people dont like lfr. why do you dislike it?

Wrath of the Lich King didn't have LFR and everyone got to see that content, since normal modes were relatively puggable. All LFR did was diminish the raiding scene, as there are too many people who are fine with what it drops and don't care to push themselves further. Because of LFR we have a divided community that consists of casual shitters and professional raiders. I like to think before Cataclysm, people typically fell into the middle of the spectrum and were willing to give all the content a fair shake where possible.
>>
Imo the world is still there, but the game systems have changed so much.

LFR/LFG and Cross realm/cross server shit really changed how people interacted on the server. There was no reason to add that good tank that your found in trade chat to your friends list.

>>339220674

You really need to have played wow before LFG to understand the impact. If people have no reason to care about other players on the server, they lose interest, they aren't invested in the game/server community.
>>
File: 4chan and dbz.png (944 KB, 687x855) Image search: [Google]
4chan and dbz.png
944 KB, 687x855
>>339222510
yeah i agree
>>339222502
see >>339222264
LFR causes people to not talk to the ppl they just grouped with. Diminishing the community of the game. Causing blizz to make shit like the fucking house shit harrison garbage
>>
>>339222873
>LFR/LFG and Cross realm/cross server shit really changed how people interacted on the server. There was no reason to add that good tank that your found in trade chat to your friends list.

exactly. no need to talk or have community cuz you can esily replace the tank with a new one
>>
>>339222264
>Or you join a GDKP Mercenary run and get noticed.
What the fuck is that?
>>
>>339222264
there is no lfr for the "real" raid difficulties. you have to join a guild or pug, just like the good old days. the only thing thats changed is that you can play with people from other servers on normal and heroic. mythic difficulty is same server only for the first few months of the raid tiers release.

>>339222510
normal is still currently puggable. you can get plenty of gear thats better than what lfr drops from open world content and pvp. lfr is completely optional content that serves as a tourist mode for casual players. it never "diminished" the raiding scene because nobody actually thinks lfr is real raiding

>>339222873
lfr =/= lfg. they are entirely different things to complain about. complaining about lfg as a whole makes a hell of a lot more sense than complaining about lfr on its own.

>>339222919
lfr is intended to be the lowest difficulty, mechanically bare bone, dumbass retard level content. the real content still requires communication. lfr has absolutely no impact on anything
>>
File: get stiff.jpg (193 KB, 792x747) Image search: [Google]
get stiff.jpg
193 KB, 792x747
>>339223021
Basically, someone with a reputation of being trustworthy would lead the raid for the intent of selling items and then distribute the pot to everyone at the end. So say a Staff+1, +3 vs Owls dropped and someone wins the bid with 50k in a 25 man raid. At the end, everyone would get 50k/25 = 2k for that item dropping.

The ones I noticed tend to get pretty fucking far as they were usually alts or good PvP players and good PvP players are almost always good PvE players too.
>>
>>339223007
I play on sargeras. theres something like 400k active alliance players. Individuals are meaningless. I guild hopped for 4 weeks straight to get into progressively better guilds with the free hand me down loot. nobody noticed or cared because there are so many fucking people.

and once again, mythic raiding (the highest raid difficulty) is server specific. you cannot do cross-server mythic raiding.
>>
>>339223348
>lfr has absolutely no impact on anything

Why would I want to treat this game as a second job when I could see all the content on retard level in the span of the week. In wrath, taking down the lich king meant something. there was normal and heroic. Both actually required some level of teamwork. Now i can just set it to hurr durr mode
>>
It's amazing to me how badly Blizzard destroyed it's own franchise. Completely shameless about it too.

What a bunch of fucking jews. I hope that bomb of a movie kills them.
>>
>>339223829
It was completely over as soon as activision put their hands in the pot
>>
>>339223692
i played on Turalyon. always was a Medium level. and had fusion guild on it. And now its LOW.....
>>
File: 1463780557421.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1463780557421.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>339219665
>BC
>good

Thanks for the laugh, anon. If you were there, you'd understand why BC was total dogshit.

Vanilla WoW was good because of the experience provided, not because of the raids/dungeons.
>>
>>339223934
Yep. Just wearing Blizzards skin as a face.
>>
File: m_night_shyamalan.jpg (48 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
m_night_shyamalan.jpg
48 KB, 560x375
>>339223934
>>339224224
i cant believe i saw this coming. the moment i heard they bought blizzard i KNEW theyd ruin it. that theyd want to make more money and theyd casualize the hsit out of it. I KNEW IT ... and im helpless to it. i mean someone could make an mmo like old good days of wow but its STILL NOT WOW. i love the lore and stories of wow... but its just GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>339223943
Vanilla was fucking awful. The only good thing it had over EQ was no death penalty, and I still wonder if that was a mistake.
>>
>>339223748
the mechanics are stripped down to nothing on lfr. most bosses have an entire extra phase at the end in addition to tons of extra mechanics.

nobody cares about hurrdurr mode because everybody knows its a meaningless and empty accomplishment. you are effectively saying "why strive to get an olympic gold medal when i can get a participation award in the weenie league?"
>>
>>339224367
>b-b-but my statistically stacked raids

There was no challenge to BC raids besides gear, deal with it, BC baby.
>>
>>339224364
And the worst part is normies eat it up.
>>
>>339224471
There was no challenge to Vanilla besides logistics. There was literally a raid fight that required eight well geared WARRIOR-ONLY tanks in vanilla.
>>
File: 500_96589640441_7934_n.jpg (41 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
500_96589640441_7934_n.jpg
41 KB, 453x604
>>339224623
>>339224471
im not saying taht shit was any good you fucks. im saying that they just need to realize what worked and kept it. Like for example that shit u guys mentioned all sucked dick. but youalso need world building and unique quests for classes. like so you can feel connected
>>
>>339225225
>unique quests for classes

wish granted. hope you like class halls
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.