[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well that was pretty good. The final level and boss were way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 51d-KKQMCXL.jpg (56 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
51d-KKQMCXL.jpg
56 KB, 355x500
Well that was pretty good.
The final level and boss were way harder than I expected.
I liked the game's sense of humor.
Are the sequels any better? I bought the Trilogy on PS3.
>>
2 and 3 are regarded as the best in the series, knock em' dead kiddo
>>
>>339220248
What about the other PS3 R&C games? There are a shitload of them.
>>
>>339219449
The sequels were much better, the first one is seen as mediocre in comparison.
>>339220376
The PS3 games get some shit but I honestly can't explain why. R&C Future was amazing and A Crack in time is one of my favorites in the series.
>>
>>339220376
ACiT is really good, although just about every R&C is good except for maybe Secret Agent Clank
>>
>>339219449
I only played the PS3 ones(Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, Crack In Time, and Into the Nexus). They were great games.
>>
I want to hug ratchet
>>
>>339220591
I think people had a problem with the spinoffs like all 4 one, but I agree that for the most part the PS3 games, especially a Crack in Time, do the series justice
>>
You can strafe in the sequels. That alone makes them wayyy better.
>>
>>339220376
The main games on PS3 are good, the side games are kind of meh. The Future games are great, the second one A Crack In Time, I think, is my favorite. If you like the games, CiT and Tools of Destruction are must-plays, in my opinion.

I liked In To the Nexus, but it is very short and I didn't find it particularly interesting.

The DotA one, I forget what it is called, I actually enjoyed and played a bit, but I am a big ol' faggot, and most people hate it.

And All Four One was not great, but I had no one to play with because, again, big ol' faggot, no friends, etc.
>>
>>339221105
>The DotA one
what
>>
>>339221023
This. I loved flipping around like a ninja and dodging projectiles.
>>
I don't have a PS3, should I bother with the PS2 versions of 2 and 3? (I've already played and beaten the first)
>>
>>339219449
You'll be blown away by 2 and 3. They kick serious ass.
>>
>>339221207
If you can find them yeah. Those are some of my favorite games.
>>
>>339219449
get yo ass on 2 and 3, they are fucking amazing games and regarded the best in the series.
>>
Heli Pack or Thrusters?
>>
>>339219449

3 is still my absolute favorite game of all time.
>>
>complete 1, 2, 3 and Gladiator as a kid
>have an autistic obsession with playing every game with the least amount of consumables possible
>this includes ammunition
>wrench only playthrough
>only time I use guns is when it's absolutely necessary, such as when you're forced into a vehicle section

Did anyone else do this?
>>
>>339221602
Thrusters, for sure. Walking became obsolete once you could rocket yourself forward.
>>
>>339221736
No, but I went through 3 only using the whip because I found it suepr fucking fun.
>>
File: AAAAAA.gif (264 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAA.gif
264 KB, 256x192
>>339221736
I got to the bolt limit on deadlocked.
>>
Hey OP i just finished the first game last week. I felt the last boss was really shitty. You needed money to win instead of skill
>>
>>339220376
Play the mainline games.

After Up Your Arsenal, it goes
>Deadlocked
>Future: Tools of Destruction
>Quest for Booty
>Future: A Crack in Time
>Into the Nexus

And then if you can, the remake/moviegame on PS4 is pretty dope

A Crack in Time and PS4 are the best games in the series, UYA is way overrated.
>>
>>339222160
Yeah, I definitely agree. I died like 5 times, then I used an infinite bolt glitch so I could buy the R.Y.N.O. Once I had it the boss fight was piss easy.
>>
>>339222160
>You needed money to win instead of skill
t. Baby who has no skill.

If you use all your weapons throughout the fight then you'll barely lose any ammo and there are crates in the arenas that give you more. Also if it's really a problem I'm pretty sure you can just quit the game without saving and come back since it autosaves just before you fight him for the first time, so you can get it all back if you're really bad.
>>
>>339219449

Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal are top tier. A Crack in Time is also very good. Tools of Destruction is okay. I haven't played the rest.
>>
>>339222334
Terrible taste.
ACIT and UYA are the best
>>
>>339223051
I really didn't enjoy UYA at all
>those shitty missions
>those shitty vehicles
>that shitty palette
>that godawful HUD
>half the game is Tyrranoids

To be honest I don't know why people love it so much
>>
>>339223354
That's strange pretty much anyone I know agrees that it's the best.
>>
>>339224040
Although some prefer going commando.
>>
>>339219449
After playing the sequels, you won't be able to go back to the first game. That's how much of an improvement they are.
>>
>>339219449
Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal are the best in the series. Avoid Deadlocked at all costs it's probably the worst in the series.
>>
>>339220659
A4O is pretty bad. It's right up there with SAC. FFA is only bad if you play it as a single player game, but since the multi is dead you have to.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.