[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the wii u is still $300 what the fuck is nintendo problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: cube.jpg (47 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
cube.jpg
47 KB, 600x439
>the wii u is still $300

what the fuck is nintendo problem? why isnt there a price drop for this thing yet?
>>
>>339202791
People are still willing to pay that price.
It's pretty simple.
>>
Not enough software to push to justify lowering the price of the system to take a loss on it.
They're bundling software with it more often now though.
>>
>>339202791
they are run my jewish sjw
>>
Your picture is why.

Nintendo dropped the GC to 99$, and it still didn't sell.

This is why they stopped making good hardware, and never drop prices.
>>
>>339202972
But it's sold fewer than the gamecube
>>
>>339203103
suck jewish wieners
>>
any chance of more MarioMaker content? Otherwise will probably sell
>>
>>339202791
You could build a PC like 5x more powerful than the Wii U at that price

I'm guessing their production costs are probably like less than 50$ per unit so massive profits for them.
>>
File: soNuugF.jpg (115 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
soNuugF.jpg
115 KB, 645x773
>>339203120
>tfw i never bought a gamecube because i thought it was a kiddie console
>tfw geist, eternal darkness, resident evil, and metroid prime proved that i was a fucking retard

i wish more people like myself didnt dismiss the gamecube as a kiddie console. i honestly feel that if the gamecube was a success, nintendo wouldnt have gone full casual with the wii
>>
>>339203090
This, pretty much.
>>339203379
You'd be surprised. Just because superior hardware exists at the same price, that doesn't necessarily mean that the inferior hardware gets cheaper.
>>
>>339203538
The Wii was a product of the DS's success moreso than the Gamecube's failure
>>
>>339203647

No, the Wii was a product of Microsoft making a console.
>>
>>339202791
the gamecube isnt bundled with a tablet
>>
>>339203140
Didn't sales spike at the Wii?
And then go even lower than the GC with WiiU?
>>
>>339203798

Gamepad isn't a tablet and isn't that expensive.
>>
>>339203783
This might be right.
>>
>>339203868
i mean yeah but the wii is a special case, because everyone who didnt give a fuck about video games bought a wii.
>>
>>339203868
Ya. The GameCube was last (ever) good home console. Everything is going to be turbocasual enter-your-facebook-id-here from now on.
>>
>>339203968
it costs $80 to make which is expensive
>>
>>339204089
thats not the og xbox
>>
>>339202791
because Nintendo sees itself as a toy company, and its suicidal for a toy company to reduce prices on their toys unless for a sales.

thats why they have to do so much pointless processionals just to have to do a game reprint ie. calling the reprint Nintendo Selects.
>>
>>339203538
>i honestly feel that if the gamecube was a success, nintendo wouldnt have gone full casual with the wii

That's the reason Nintendo is basically casual mode till the end of time.

64 fans switched to PS2/Xbox to prove their edginess over "kiddie" games. Not to mention the fact it had online and DVD support.

No one knew it had the best collection of video games of all time.
>>
>>339205521
>64 fans switched to PS2
No.
>>
>>339205521
I switched to the PS1 because that's where all the JRPGs were.
>>
>>339203538
>i honestly feel that if the gamecube was a success, nintendo wouldn't have gone full casual with the wii
They don't really have anyone but themselves to blame. They seemed to go out of their way to make the console unappealing.
>>
>>339206415

There was nothing unappealing about the gamecube.
>>
>>339207626
Barely any third party support and ports that should have been superior to the PS2 counterparts but suffered because of the tiny disc size, SC Chaos Theory being an example that comes to mind.

>inb4 buying a nintendo platform for third party titles
>>
>>339207626
There was a lot unappealing about the Gamecube. The physical look of the system, the library took a long time to get going, the controller was small with a strange button layout that didn't really add anything, third party support was poor [and got worse as the system went on].

Little things like smaller discs and lack of online didn't help, the disc size probably being the bigger hindrance [as far as third parties go anyway]. Even bonus features like the GBA player [Nintendo was really pushing "connectivity" between handheld and console] had to be purchased separately.
>>
>WiiU price drop to $250
>"bundle" it with 10 virtual console games
>Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, Super Metroid, Star Fox 64, Kirby's Adventure, Donkey Kong Country 1+2, Mario Kart 64
>Call it the Nintendo Nostalgia Pack

There, I just solved Nintendo's problems for the short term
>>
>>339208619
if they were to do something like rare replay it would sell like hot shit
>>
>>339207626
>shit controller for multi plats
>shit controller
>stupid shape. too tall to fit under tvs and discs were top loaded which made it even worse
>worst mario ever at the time
>disappointing zelda
>no online play (don't mention pso. that's 1 game)
>poor 3rd party support
>no gta
>no pes
>small disc capacity
>no dvd playback

fucking kill yourselves gaycube revisionists. the pretendo gaycube is a meme console just like the sega memecast before it. In 10 years time you'll all move on to the wii u and claim that was the best console of all time too. contrarian FUCKS
>>
Dropping the price of the Wii U wouldn't have saved it, so Nintendo has been trying a different strategy where they try to make the most profit they can off of the hardware and software, rather than losing money from each hardware sale hoping to make it up in software

GC is basically the best example of why price slashing doesn't work. 99 bucks was a great deal for it (I actually got one at 99) but once the market decides they don't want your product, virtually any price won't change their mind
>>
>>339208619

>There are people who will pay again for the same games they already own and can be easily emulated on PC or even theri fucking mobile

I'm not surprised this is the kind of people who own a Wii U
>>
>>339202791
The horrible controller makes the console overpriced as fuck for what you're getting. Blame their moronic decision to make it so vital.
>>
>>339202972
and who exactly is buying?
>>
File: IMG_5055.jpg (55 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5055.jpg
55 KB, 800x450
>>339202791
>3DS was $250 on launch
>literally had no games for about a year

Am I the only one that remembers this?
>>
A. It costs more to produce each WiiU than the gamecube (consider the gamepad)
B. Little demand now, as another Anon said, slashing prices won't do much if people don't want it to begin with
C. Why cut the price this late? Its not like they're competing with anyone really, and Nx is just around the corner

>No one wants it, so lets just cut the price!
Business practices often don't make sense to consumers OP
>>
>>339206024
It's what I did.
>>
>>339209578
My thought was to aim this at casuals who either grew up with those old games and want to play them again, or now have their own young kids and want to show them the 'classics'

Either way, the target is casuals. 'Gamers' already emulate all this
>>
>>339210082
>'Gamers' already emulate all this
They do but then they buy it again.
>>
the fact is nobody wants nintendo shit outside of mk and smash. they need to ditch the nintendo shit and go back to the wii sports era. Their most successful era. they should build their next console with the wii fit trainer and professor layton as the mascots. get rid of fuckin mario. He is washed up. he can't compete anymore he's just too fat gay and weird . people want Nathan drake and Michael from grand theft auto. mario can't compete with those guys. hjes heart isn't in it anymore. wii fit trainer is fresh and has a point to prove
>>
File: 1310571199010.png (75 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
1310571199010.png
75 KB, 380x264
>>339210509
Please never suggest marketing strats again. You just doomed them.
>>
>>339208939
Hell, given the majority of the shit in Rare Replay was originally on Nintendo consoles, if they were able to port it to Wii U that would sell like hot shit.
>>
>>339202791
Why drop the price? They stopped manufacturing them. They'll get their money back no matter what.
>>
>>339209923
Probably, since no one else bought in that time.
>>
A price drop indicates that you are retiring your console within the next year
>>
>>339209103
But muh Melee. Go fuck yourself.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.