[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this game for some reason is painful to play for me. The over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57 KB, 292x414) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57 KB, 292x414
this game for some reason is painful to play for me. The over the shoulder camera makes me feel claustrophobic like I can't see enough. I can't get into the crafting because the inventory system somehow makes me feel overwhelmed. I really want to like this game I enjoy everything about it except for actually playing it. I've never experienced this with any other game and I don't really understand why it's happening.
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 547x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 547x294
Post yfw you didn't fall for the Witcher 3 is a good game meme.
>>
>>339197808
Inventory and crafting are unnecessary really

Just wear the swaggest shit you find.

Get a mod for the camera or fov.

Just do quests and remember that Triss is worst girl.
>>
>>339197930
it's really weird because I've been playing games for like 25 years and I enjoy difficult games with complexity but everything just feels clunky and uneasy
>>
>>339197808
Go watch someone else play it on twitch
>>
>>339197808
>The over the shoulder camera makes me feel claustrophobic like I can't see enough

What? Do you have your witcher sense button permanently held down or something?
>>
>>339198059
That's because the gameplay, specifically the combat, is shit.

That's why when the drones and shills defend this trash they just bring up the story(because story comes before gameplay in a videogame amirite) and how it looks pretty. They never defend the gameplay because they know it's shit.
>>
>>339197808
I've been playing it for five days straight, I haven't even started the first expansion yet. It replaces soloing in WoW. So if you can suffer through that, The Witcher 3 will seem fun.
>>
File: 1454231663708.jpg (273 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1454231663708.jpg
273 KB, 800x800
>>339197930
So you didn't actually play it and are just parroting other people's opinions based on what you read on /v/? Got it.
>>
>>339197808
The way you write/type tells me you are a woman.
>>
>>339198228
I'm talking about the perspective of everything, Witcher has this weird tunnely path kind of way about it, almost like fables or something but more open. I don't really know how to explain it honestly. I've played so many games that to experience it in this one game is strange. basically I can't find the 30 seconds of fun because I feel like I'm fighting with everything
>>
>>339197808
just install mods, mate. No reason to even create this thread.
>>
You're just lagging irl , take a break and comeback later
>>
>>339198006
What's wrong with Triss? She seems nice
>>
I can't get into either. For me, it's not that the game is hard, it's that it's boring as fuck. Feels like I'm dropping my controller every 30 seconds to listen to more boring dialogue/story.
>>
>>339198502
no I'm a 29 year old Dude, I've played nearly every game worth playing in the last 20 years at least. I always play on the highest difficulty in every game and never have a problem, I like games that are frustratingly difficult even. when I play Witcher it feels like I'm underwater and can barely see anything if that makes any sense.
>>
>>339198572
She's nice to you while selling Ciri out to her feminist illuminati treehouse

Definition of two faced bitch.

>>339198510
>30seconds of fun
Nigga this isnt Halo. Also turn control options to alternate so geralt is more responsive
>>
>>339198762
Witcher 3 is a modern cinematic story game, but its modeled in the veign of CRPG classics like Kotor.

Plus it actually has half decent writing
>>
>>339198554
I'm playing it on ps4, I would say thats the problem but I had the exact same thing happen when I tried the first Witcher and I skipped it until now because I wanted to force myself to like it
>>
>>339198870
every game has a specific 30-60 second loop of what you're doing in the game. There's not a game that doesn't work like that
>>
>>339199125
Doom's loop is 5 seconds

Game like witcher is several minutes.
>>
>>339198982
but I loved kotor, I even finished fucking kotor 2 and that was garbage, I've played the entire evolution of this genre basically. 100s of hours in every fallout game, played vanilla Wow, Diablo, all the early isometric games, I love rpgs that take forever, just not the Witcher series and the reason I'm forcing myself is because I feel like I'm just not getting to play a supposedly good game, not trying to bash it
>>
>>339199338
it's not really about the amount of time it's that you can sort of pick up on what the enjoyment is supposed to be on a basic level
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.