[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War: Warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
Dorf master race.
>>
Haven't played as them yet. Still going strong with my Empire campaign. Then prolly Counts or Greenskins.

I heard Dwarfs can't move worth shit on the map..But they have this underground movement option or something to avoid opposing armies.. How is their campaign overall though? I don't really want to be a super defensive race like they seem to be.
>>
File: 1445187826243.jpg (131 KB, 339x388) Image search: [Google]
1445187826243.jpg
131 KB, 339x388
Really want to play this, but my gpu broke and i'm waiting for Polaris. Hoping they move the free game offer from the 390 to it so i'll only have to buy the chaos DLC.
Who else /craftyconsumer/ here?
>>
>>339194635

Yeah the underground thing is useful. Use it to get around the mountains, and to avoid getting vamp corruption attrition. Also, you can be caught underground and you can't run away. Those are fun battles though.
>>
Hammerers or Ironbreakers or Slayers?

Regular Longbeards or Great weapon Longbeards?

Thunderers or Quarrelers?

Siege units or Dorfcopters?
>>
>wont get game till tuesday
cant decide which to play first
>>
>>339195316

I'm not sure but you might miss out on the free DLC.
>>
>>339194323
No elves no sell.
>>
>>339195485
dont think so i ordered it yesterday
>no weekend deliveries
>>
>really want to buy this because warhammer
>but in past total war games I got bored of battles relatively quickly and just autoresolved everything

Fugg
>>
File: 1372395457891.jpg (9 KB, 275x142) Image search: [Google]
1372395457891.jpg
9 KB, 275x142
>>339195547
>>
>>339194927
>Slayers

MLG pr0 tip: don't
>>
>>339196383
>skipping the best part
>>
File: 9lrk76k7k.jpg (249 KB, 1200x1814) Image search: [Google]
9lrk76k7k.jpg
249 KB, 1200x1814
I'll wait for the new world dlc. I sucks to say that, but currently the main game hasn't all the factions I'm interested in.
>>
>>339196583
Why?
>>
>>339196657
Only good against monsters, however, they have no armor so they get chewed up in auto resolve and aren't too great in manual resolve as a regular troop.

Not to mention costly for what they're good for.
>>
>>339196640

I kinda get his point. Stomps either way aren't fun and that's what a lot of stuff seems to be from the perspective of someone who has this as their first TW game. It feels like you basically NEED a 20/20 army to accomplish anything, which makes the only fights not stomps ones versus other 20/20 armies.

Close battles though fuck yeah imma assume direct control and see how well I can do.
>>
>>339195547
That'll probably be the very first paid DLC.
>>
File: 1464396296679.jpg (84 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464396296679.jpg
84 KB, 300x300
DAILY REMINDER TO STOP LETTING THE AI ASS FUCK YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE SCARED TO GO NEGATIVE THE AI IS RICH WHICH MEANS IT HAS HUGE GOLD SACK AND RAID RAID AND SACK BUILD A GODDAMN SECOND ARMY YOU COWARD I'M GOING TO POST THIS EVERY THREAD UNTIL YOU GIT GUD
>>
>>339194927
Ironbreakers make Longbeards obsolete unless you have issues with shekels

Quarrelers are great for thinning out blobs, thunderers wreck armored shit and monsters
dorfcopters are good for defending karaks, but in battles I tend to go with organ guns and flame cannons.

Never use slayers
>>
>>339198398

But when you run out of gold you lose men..
>>
>>339194635
>I heard Dwarfs can't move worth shit on the map..But they have this underground movement option or something to avoid opposing armies..

Pretty much.

>60 turns in
>Finally manage to capture Iron Rock and Black Crag
>Barak Varr, my ally, takes the last fucking settlement in the province

Fuck, any way to make the assholes give it to me?

I've been considering just asking them to confederate.
>>
>>339199321
war or confederate
>>
>>339196657
Slayers can't even 1v1 tier 1 infantry.

They're only okay against monsters, and other units are also good against monsters while also not being complete shit against everything else.

>>339199321
Ask for Confederate or just fuck him up
>>
File: 1327940574039.jpg (23 KB, 325x367) Image search: [Google]
1327940574039.jpg
23 KB, 325x367
>>339199536
>>339199675
Just confederated with them.

Pretty good only now I have 5 more settlements to manage.

>mfw they gave me a dwarf lord with 1 longbeard unit, 2 quareller units and 15 grudge thrower units.

Them seafarin' dwarfs ain't right in the noggin'.
>>
>>339200368
Had one imperial army with a lord and a full stack of mortars during my chaos campaign, it was funny to see them waddle around a bit

Then they stopped wandering the high hills when their bumbuddy army of infantry and cavalry showed up to double penetrate Kholek with steel rain and pikes
>>
>>339194927

>Quarrelers?

Large numbers of them (about 6 units) have been Destroying greenskin armies in my game. Even in battles when im massively outnumbered i manage to rout them with Quarrelers. Range feels much stronger than the last few games
>>
>>339200879
>Range feels much stronger than the last few games

Dorf supremacy, they have superior ranged units
>>
I'm not sure why, but having done 3 of the campaigns and started a 4th (Empire is my last to try) why has the greenskins been the hardest campaign to start? Like, their first 40-50 turns they can lose almost outright by accident.

Where as the other races all feel like they have a good chance to build up or just have money or can get stuff as needed.

Also, greenskins are best army. Like they feel like they have the best diversity of units to me.
>>
>>339195626
It's available until May 31st IIRC
>>
Playing as dorfs for my first campaign. Currently 90 turns in and now own the entire mountain range all the way up to the chaos wastes. Only issues is zufbar is on the verge of rebellion due to the stupid as fuck vampire corruption and is at -89 unhappiness. Does completely wiping out the vamps get rid of all corruption? Because it seems like building a 20 stack army and steam rolling the vamps seems like the only option to save the happiness and get rid of corruption.
>>
>>339200879
This

Quarrelers have saved my shit more times than I can count.

Also, until you get Gyrocopters, they're your only way to deal with THOSE FUCKING WOLF RIDER ARCHERS.
>>
I'm not really enjoying my Vampire Counts campaign. Having to spread Corruption sucks ass. It takes su much time and ressources it's just tedious and boring.

I'm having much more fun as Chaos. Gonna try orc soon.
>>
>>339199321
That's why Rome 2's province system is stupid.
>>
I don't see how people win so fucking fast.

Dwarves have to capture this shit way north and east and the fucking empire folded faster than superman on laundry day and chaos raised every fucking city right up to my border, except the vampire cunts who have 100000 units in their 2 remaining cities that come out in force as soon as I act like I'm moving north. I don't think I can lose at this point but its going to be a hell of a grind to win

Fucking Karl Franz hold up your end of the bargain.
>>
I'm thinking of buying the physical version since I can find it cheap. Is it just a Steam code? Would actually be preferable.
>>
>>339202879

I think you get both cd's and a steam key, it's what I had in the High King edition at least.
>>
Enjoying it so far. Started Dorfs on normal and got my shit wrecked early. Started again with the Slayer hero on easy and am doing ok now that I am used to the changes from past games.

Fuck I love Cannons and Thunderers.
>>
>>339194323
Get out ya stuntie gits
>>
>>339199086
Having negative income and being broke is two different things
>>
>>339202667
This sometimes I want to give a settlement to an ally ffs
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.