[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In retrospect, was this one of the better Assassins Creeds? Revelations,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: AC-Unity-Screenshot-19.jpg (409 KB, 1200x719) Image search: [Google]
AC-Unity-Screenshot-19.jpg
409 KB, 1200x719
In retrospect, was this one of the better Assassins Creeds? Revelations, 3 and syndicate were all shit. This one:

>had challenging gameplay no longer just 'counter counter counter'
>fucking brilliant graphics for 2014
>actually tried to mix things up and innovate
>let you kill targets in multiple ways
>glitches were exaggerated
>glitches were gone after 2 months anyway
>>
I liked it. Exploring Paris back then was really fun. The parkour felt fluid and natural. And the combat was a bit more engaging then ust hitting circle over and over.
>>
It has the best combat and climbing mechanics of any game to date. Arno was a cool looking motherfucker and the world was much bigger than any we've seen (climbing notre dame is still fucking cool)

even though most people hated it, hopefully it sets a good base for better games in the future from that team.
>>
>>339189535
It won't. People hated it because it was too hard for them but pretended it was because it was 'unpolished'.
>>
>>339189118
you still need a good rig to play this game though right? i really want to try it but i am waiting on the gfx upgrade still, waiting for the 10x0 series.
>>
>>339189702
Played it on a 750ti with no problems at high.
>>
>>339189959
you cant be serious.... really? was it 1080p60fps all the time?
>>
I actually liked Revelations. Istanbul was comfy.
>>
>>339190028
Got like 35-40 fps. About 27-30 in crowds. Perfectly playable, and yeah at 1080p.
>>
>>339190156
It was constantinople back then. Now it's Istanbul, not constantinople.
>>
>>339190156
voice acting was pretty bad in revelations t.bh famalam. main characters talking turkish was absolutely abysmal. no one in turkey talks turkish like that. but,

>random npcs talking actual turkish
>first time hearing them when i walk past them i was like wtf this is so good

t. turk
>>
File: 1463344901065.jpg (43 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1463344901065.jpg
43 KB, 690x460
>>339190204
>Not 60fps
>Perfectly playable
>>
>>339190339
it was actually "konstantinniye" in old turkish. name changed to "istanbul" pretty late, i guess late 19th century or early 20th.

>>339190204
i need my 60fps famalam. i have a strict qos, anything below 60fps disturbs me a lot. maybe i ll still wait for the 10x0 stuff.
>>
>>339190339
I'm no history buff, but they do refer to it as Istanbul in-game; in fact, I believe it's exactly what Yusuf says when he introduces himself: "Yusuf Tazim da Istanbul". It also gets addressed as both Constantinople and Konstantainniye, so one out of three ain't bad.
>>
>>339190489
I used to play TF2 back in 2010 on a laptop at 15fps. Everytime one of you faggots says it's not playable unless it's 60 I get pissed off. Rich cunts.

>>339190525
It was Byzantium before that. The Ottomans changed it to Constantinople as 'Byzantium' was basically a translation of 'Eastern Rome'.

Traders in the middle East called Constantinople 'The City' because it was so huge and the centre of trade between the West and East, Istanbul is a translation of that because by the 19th Century no one called it Constantinople anymore.
>>
>runs at PowerPoint framerate
>glitches were not fucking exaggerated, people just got to post more of them because consoles record gameplay now
>>
>>339190339
NOW ITS ISTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE NOW ITS ISTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE
ISTAANBULLLLLLLLLLLLLL
>>
>>339190940
actually old muslim states, thus turks, called byzantium, "rum" which literally means "rome". thats why after invasion of constantinople, conquerer sultan mehmet crowned himself as the "emperor of rome" and titled himself as the "ceaser" etc. there are many letters of him in which he calls himself "kaiser".

also from the wikipage of Istanbul;

Constantinople remained the most common name for the city in the West until the establishment of the Turkish Republic, and Kostantiniyye (Ottoman Turkish قسطنطينيه) and İstanbul were the names used alternatively by the Ottomans during their rule.[23]

In majority of the old ottoman maps and documents, İstanbul is referred as Konstantiniyye, which is basically direct turkish translation of constantinople. Istanbul is a very recent name for the city considering its thousands of years history.
>>
>>339189118
It actually was alright, clearly not as bad as Revelations, 3 and Syndicate. Never understood the hate. Was running pretty well on my old GTX770 too, so it's THAT poorly optimised.
>>
>>339190952
>people just got to post more of them
So what, 4 had a shitload of glitches too. Doesn't make it a bad game.
>>
Im playing this game for the first time right now, and fuck you there are glitches absolutely everywhere. I cannot climb a single building without the animations going janky and all over the place, and it's even worse in combat. I know this has been a problem since AC3 but holy shit it's amplified by a million here. And wasn't one of the huge patches supposed to fix most of this shit? Or did it fix a bunch of other unimaginable bullshit I'm just not seeing?
Also:

>Premium currency in your $60 release title
>Microtransaction stat boosts
>Single player locked behind multiplayer missions
>The weapons screen fucking shows you that you're going to end up getting the sword of eden at the end of the game
>Absolutely nonexistent bullshit future plot
>Free running is pants on head retarded. It's no longer climbing up walls but fucking flying up buildings with the grace of a super human
>Basic skills, like fist fighting, locked behind an arbitrary level up mechanic

Fuck this game is absolutely a chore to play.
>>
>>339191972
4 had fewer glitches and there was still a good game under the glitches.

Imo Rogue is a better title and goes painfully underrated.
>>
Currently playing through it, and I think it's one of the better ones, yeah
I agree with most of OP's points. Even though they didn't nail most of those points, at least they fucking tried to change it up a bit. Let me also add that character cusomization is pretty neat

>>339189702
I run at 60, but still get drops down to the 50 zone every now and then. Sometimes as low as 45 zone. 980 and i7
>>
>>339189118
Well it was gorgeous as fuck, on the level of AC2 for awesome setting. I thought it had a fun enough story to follow and a good deal of the assassinations were cool to do. It had some fun side missions too.

AC4 is better though. AC4 is like unbeatable for that series.
>>
File: Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>339192556
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2NvnaxShtY
>>
>>339192067
To continue:

The game isn't all bad, though. Customization is a neat concept, and the setting is a personal favorite point of modern history for me. A lot of people complain about Arno being a shitty character but so far I think he's unique in not exactly being an assassin that hates Templars but being a human who likes and dislikes people based on their person and not on their cult affiliation, he just happens to be an assassin.
The co-op could've been really cool had it not been tied to specific missions, and again didn't have single player content locked behind it.
The combat is more challenging and, when it fucking works properly and animations aren't delayed or executed at the wrong distance/location, very rewarding and pleasing to watch.

I dont like the huge crowds of 50 people wearing different shades of blue, green and grey all doing the same animations simultaneously, but I respect the attempt at actual working mobs and bustling cities. Walking by a woman making an open protest just to have her body guards get jumped by other armed men in the open street and having them all run down by city guards was an interesting thing to happen upon and I hope to see more like that when walking the streets.
>>
>>339192556
>>339192727
God I loved 4. Too bad there was fuck all to do outside of grind your ship and story.
>>
>>339192556
>AC4 is like unbeatable for that series.
Shit combat, shit running animation in a game where running and fighting are essential. Shit swimming too. It gets by on atmosphere. I liked it, but the lack of freedom in missions and the sometimes capricious controls were frustrating. So were the loadings for big cities, a complete open-world would have been more immersive.
>>
>>339192291
i wonder if my new i5 6500 will be able to handle new 10x0 series cards. i really want to change my 750ti. i am not a max graphics whore really i just want 1080p stable 60fps at med graphics.
>>
>>339193115
Im still upset we'll never get to see PVP ship battles and customizable online ships.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.