[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what if games are used by people as just escapes from the real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Hair003a046.jpg (6 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
Hair003a046.jpg
6 KB, 213x237
what if games are used by people as just escapes from the real world they cant deal with?
>>
what else would they be fore
>>
normal wl adjusted people with fulfilling lives don't play games
>>
>>339187562
>Look, I'm projecting
>>
>>339187562
>>339187030
no shit

if I didn't have media to escape to, I think I'd release my aggression against people, and frankly I don't wanna do that because my problems shouldn't be theirs
>>
>>339187109
not everyone is autistic some people just like to have some fun.
>>
>>339188086
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>339187863
look at every gamer u know and u will find theres something wrong with them. either they've given up on life or theyre ugly, boring, depressed, weird, gay, stupid or a combination of all the above
>>
>>339187030
What if games are just a substitute for alcohol?
>>
>>339187562
My parents never had a problem with playing games and living a normal life. Maybe you're just full of bullshit, anon?
>>
>>339188220
not /r9k/
>>
>>339187030
what if I'm fucking your mom right now?
>>
Think of it this way.

>Come to a busy street
>Traffic going at high speed, green light, but you need to cross the road
>8 year old you doesnt play video games
>Get the thrill of thinking, I'll cross the road! nothing can happen!
>Let thrill consume you and cross and get mauled by cars as roadkill

compared to:

>Come to a busy street
>Traffic going at high speed, green light, but you need to cross the road
>8 year old you plays video games
>Because 8 year old you plays video game, you know that jumping into traffic will kill you.
>Do the sensible thing and walk away, as you always get your thrill in videogames.
>>
>>339187030
That's absolutely fine. Who the fuck are you to tell people how to live? Especially on 4chan of all places, belt up faggot
>>
>>339188086
Don't you know? Fun is only healthy if it's socially normal, like watching sports or keeping up on celebrity news. Your fun is abnormal and you should be shamed for having it at all.

sarcasm aside I hate it when people assume fun of any kind is unhealthy manchild escapism. Sports fans tend to be much more obsessed with sports than nerds are with video games anyways.
>>
>>339187030
I'll never stop loving Carol but goddamn if Rachel wasn't the best thing to ever happen to Countdown.
>>
>>339187030
>ywn have Rachel Riley sit on your face and rub her unshaven pussy on your tongue

why even live senpaitachi? im gonna go play WoW to escape from this shitty reality
>>
>>339188257
Or maybe I just happen to like Single player platformer games like I did in 1989?

Jesus christ you're projecting.
>>
>>339187030
ha! that's just crazy talk op!
>>
File: 1459889571375.jpg (22 KB, 426x333) Image search: [Google]
1459889571375.jpg
22 KB, 426x333
>>339187030
Sometimes, sometimes just for fun, depends of my mood.
>>
The government does just that so the common mass of unhappy people don't revolt due to the corruption of the system.

As long as people are entertained they won't revolt.
>>
>>339188827
Sports fans beat the ever living shit out of people for talking shit about their teams

Gamers throw verbally offensive words at each other over a mic.

You tell me which one is more likely to become a serial killer.
>>
>>339187030
all work and no play etc etc
>>
What if whether you become a success or a failure in life isn't up to some dead fucking thing, no really, from the hardware you use to play on to the software that carries its content, it never asked you to spend 12 hours a day going for alternative routes in Mongolian VNs.

This is all on you, nobody else, stop pointing fingers trying to find something to blame.
>>
>>339187030
I just play games because i've got nothing to do, nothing to escape from other than boredom.
>>
>>339189002
Entertained and are able to eat
>>
Videogames are a thrill vent.

In video games I can go to places and experience things in other countries and fantasy lands. I can play a fun game with guns or swords.

Would I ever hold a gun or sword? Fuck no. Would I ever take a life, FUCK fuck no,

I'm prefectly content living in my country, ion my city till the day I die, I don't need an excuse to go visit some other shithole when I can enjoy it in the comfort of my own home.
>>
>>339189139
Truth spoken here. Any change you want in life is on you to make happen.

Video games aren't making people lazy. It's just what happens when people spend 12 hours a day seemingly locked to a computer.
>>
>>339188674
Shut up dad, you're drunk.
>>
>>339189139
>B-but the videogames tempted me! as a consumer i was lied to! its those evil corporations who sold me lies! his is just like when mcdonalds made me fat by selling me 14 hamburgers a day!
>>
>>339187030
I fucking hate it when the picture looks like it should be gif/webm, and then you open the thread and its just jpg. Fuck you
>>
>>339187109
this desu
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.