[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As I play this again, I feel like they didn't quite capture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: nzpzr9[1].jpg (174 KB, 1061x955) Image search: [Google]
nzpzr9[1].jpg
174 KB, 1061x955
As I play this again, I feel like they didn't quite capture Edgeworth's speech pattern correctly.
>>
Kay is a cute.
Cute!
>>
>>339187114
I don't feel like this game fixed my problems with her character from AAI.
>>
>>339186972
Fan tralations always miss the point. It's great and awesome someone uses his free time to do such a great service to western players. But let's be honest, fan translations are overrated as fuck.
I still see to this day people praising the Mother 3 translation like it is a godsend, while it actually misses most things of the original and the translators even took some liberties.

Even if they look cheap or meme-filled, I'll always prefer the translations provided by the main company.
>>
I haven't played this game yet. What do you mean, OP?
>>
>>339187278
Well they did a good job, let it not go unsaid, but there are subtleties in the way they handled Edgeworth's dialogue that just has me thinking "I can't imagine him saying it like that."
>>
>>339187278
AAI2 is pretty much how a localization would have been, they had to take some liberties because of how great the localizations for the AA games are, so they had take liberties like changing Mitsurugi to Edgeworth
>>
>>339186972
Why nnghooooooht?!
>>
It felt like the first three cases had better localization/translation than the last two (especially the fourth was kind of worse)

not a dealbreaker, but noticeable
>>
>>339186972
It's sad that the fan translation was a lot better quality than the official Duel Destiny translation. Then again, Duel Destiny is really bad in general when compared to AAI2.
>>
>>339190286
The DD translation is completely fine, the only official localizations that had problems were JFA and T&T
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.