[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dying Light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: Dying_Light_cover.jpg (365 KB, 650x804) Image search: [Google]
Dying_Light_cover.jpg
365 KB, 650x804
This is the best zombie game of all time

fight me
>>
>>339184212
Why?
>>
It's pretty good
>>
File: chop.jpg (33 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
chop.jpg
33 KB, 250x352
>>
How toaster friendly is it?
>>
>>339184915
Depends.
>>
>>339184820
no
>>
>>339184212
I enjoyed it. Good combat, decent parkour and the DLC added a dune buggy that was fun to drive around.
>>
>>339184915
Not friendly at all.
>>
>>339184212
I just beat the following and it was pretty good
>>
>>339184212

Wonder what we will get next for the DLC stuff?

Thank god I got the season pass for this.
>>
>>339184212
RE1-3 will always be my favorites, but Dying Light was very good. This will only change if someone comes along and makes a first person game with the art direction of RE1-3.
>>
>>339184212
It was pretty good, I would say the story was the weakest part. Although that seems pretty standard when it comes to anything with zombies.
>>
The gameplay is fucking ace, but the story is mediocre at best. At least Crane is a somewhat enjoyable character at times.

It really was a pleasant surprise for me, especially since Techland basically shat the bed with their previous games.

Just wish the game had more mods. They fucking released modding tools and everything, but nobody really gave a shit.
>>
File: Deadrising_boxart.jpg (54 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
Deadrising_boxart.jpg
54 KB, 256x365
Second best.
>>
>>339184915
im running on a toaster that runs most previous gen games very well and ps2 emulation fine.this game ran at like 15-20 fps at lowest so i refunded it. very untoasterfriendly
>>
>>339184212
You are right my nigga
>>
>>339184212
Yep. The only problem I have with it, that eventho the first 5-8 hours of it are the most atmospheric shit when playing on hardest difficulty, sneaking into houses and really running for your life, at some point, it just turns into a Dead Island type rpg grind. I like some of the RPG elements, but I wish it stayed survival.
Also the game doesn't punish using guns enough. Instead of each shot spawning one runner, I'd like it to spawn like 3-8, so many that you probably can't handle it.
>>
>>339184212
it was mostly okay, with some really good shit

considering how much of an improvement it was compared to Dead Island, I firmly believe their next game have the possibility of being truly amazing
based poles
>>
It has it's moments when it's still survival and not rpg.
>out of materials for firecrackers and medkits
>do looting runs with a buddy, where he keeps the zombies off me just long enough for me to open ambulances and loot drug stores
>sneaking into houses to loot firecracker materials without drawing aggro
>getting noticed at night, throwing a flare on the doorstep to keep virals away for just enough to loot the place
Just wish the human combat had a bit more variety on their moveset and AI, it was the shit before i figured the AI out
>>
>>339189235
I knew I would always love this game as soon as I unlocked the Mega Man blaster as a weapon.
>>
>>339189927
I got enough of hardcore parkour from this game, I feel like making next game similiar would have AC effect, where it gets old fast.
What I want is some parkour, but no grappling hook or ridiculous climbs, combined with a more survival style gameplay. I still think that actually making it challenging and having very little loot would be the best, but I know Techland thinks its not gonna sell.
>>
shame about the bosses they could have been done better, i co-oped with a friend was really fun, would like more games like this
>>
>>339190927
Honestly I don't even want bosses, since I wanted it to go survival route instead of rpg route. Make challenging/spooky "dungeons" instead of bosses with unique enemies. See the school/kindergarten in ZombiU
>>
>>339184915
The last edition of Dying Light (enhanced) runs well on my gtx570 (avg 40-50fps up to 60fps down to 25) with med settings.
>>
>>339191168
true. and more cool places with horror feeling like the parking garage and that one apartment complex
>>
>>339191496
>tfw we did the parking garage first
>spooked at the beginning of every future dungeon before we realized its just normal zombies
>>
The game would be great if it wasnt this long/ repetitive.
The first ciy is the best to explore with parkour. When i thought i had finished the game it send me to the second part of the world wich is less fun to explore with parkour(because they give you a grapin) and i was tired of mashing left-click to kill zombies and loot trash every minutes. I dropped the game here
>>
>>339191967
Just play at night senpai.
>>
File: Dick.jpg (14 KB, 262x280) Image search: [Google]
Dick.jpg
14 KB, 262x280
>>339189043

>That Fight with Rais
>He starts talking about his "A MAN" bullshit
>Crane just says, "Oh shut the fuck up already", and punches him
>>
Unpopular opinion incoming

Left 4 Dead 1 is the best zombie game of all time
>>
File: Survival Crisis Z.jpg (104 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Survival Crisis Z.jpg
104 KB, 640x480
nope
>>
>>339189043
How extensive are the modding tools?
>>
>>339192636
>unpopular
>>
I've played a couple of hours today and I started it on hard because someone on steam said the game was easy. Well that made it so the enemies were sponges. +20 hits to kill a single zombie, I avoided combat completely unless there where any environment hazards to kill the zombies with since those insta killed all zombies. Weapons broke after killing a single zombie and no metal at all to be found to repair the ones I had and weapons rarely dropped/was found. Half way trough the game I turned the difficulty down because I was getting tired of spending +5 - 10 minutes on every forced combat section. It made the game more enjoyable, sadly though I got to the section where the game throws guns/melee weapons/resources at you like crazy and it made the game extremely piss easy.

The melee combat is dumbed down 1 button mashing, there is no decapitation of hands, heads or legs with weapons. Kicking is made useless unless there is a environment hazard.

The game clearly lacks any sort of balance.

Skills are boring shit that doesn't add any depth to the game.

Only fun parts are the early game during night.

One step forward and to steps backwards, maybe with their third zombie game they can get everything right.
>>
>>339192636
i like it more than 2
most of the additions in 2 make the game worse
>>
I really enjoyed it, at one point I only started going out at night for some meager challenge but it still wasn't hard enough sadly. Still really fun.

The multiplayer was a ton of fun as human at first, until I got invaded by people with 700+ hours in the game after just a few victories. I lost interest in pvp soon.
>>
>>339189043
Crane was insufferable and boring as hell for a while, but then suddenly near the end, starting after Rahim's death he starts to grow.

Rahim's death scene was great. Cutting off Rais' hand was hype as fuck even if kind of stupid. My favorite part was how batshit insane and frustrated he got when climbing the huge-ass radio tower.
>>
>>339192781
I agree with the gun thing, especially since they kinda hinted how using guns is punished, but it just spawns a single runner.
But personally I liked the sponge enemies, since I felt like I really had to bash them to tiny piece for them to die, which made getting cornered a spooky situation, and taking big fights not an option. Didn't take 20 hits to the head for me tho, more like 10, maybe I got good loot early or something.
In the other hand while I would like that it didnt have such rpg combat, I wouldn't like Dead Rising style butchering either.
Maybe a bunch of zombies that you have to chop to small piece or they keep coming, that like 3 shot you or something.
>>
>>339192781
>anon is shit at a game
you shouldn't go there on level 1 faggot, your weapons do 1/30 of level 30 weapons
>>
>>339193312
Crane's voice actor really saved the story, I feel like.
>>
IF MAMA AIN'T HAPPY
>>
File: Rick Moranis.jpg (19 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
Rick Moranis.jpg
19 KB, 200x250
>Climb to top of really high tower, takes several minutes
>Turn a corner
>Boomer right there, already in the blow up animation
>Reloading from checkpoint
>>
>>339193367
But it gets kinda stupid when I've kicked a zombie down and I'm wasting all my stamina to bash his head in with an axe and he still wont die. Then when you get to the second part of the game you get weapons that 1-2 shot enemies.

>>339193396
>do tutorial
>do shit damage
>apparently i shouldnt go there

Ok anon.
>>
I hated how they removed the plane drops halfway through the game. And the QTEs boss fight at the end was top tier garbage. Also, the camouflage was OP as fuck.

Exploration was pretty great though. Didn't regret my purchase.
>>
>>339193764

Enemies fucking suck at first, since your weapons are shit. Check every dumpster you come across for grey weapons, break those down for parts (metal and nails usually). Only use green or better weapons. If you run along rooftops enough, you should come across red chests that you can lockpick fairly often and get some decent weapons. Eventually, get the perk that lets you sometimes repair a weapon without consuming a repair use, and the other one that lets your weapons last longer.

Molotovs are key in the beginning to getting your combat skill up enough that you can get better drops and access more of the skill tree. Burning throwing stars are also great for dealing with enemies, a single one to the head should be able to bring down most enemies. Exploding throwing stars are great for dealing with the giant zombies with hammers. 3 or 4 to the head will kill them, but may draw virals, who are easily dispatched with burning throwing stars.
>>
>>339193839
Especially if you spent a lot of time in the first map, you get tired of running after drops. There's so much to do in the first place.
>>
>>339194148

I loved air drops, made for getting your survival xp up pretty fast in the early game, before you had the skills and tools to survive at night.
>>
>>339194147

Forgot to mention, most upgrades are shit. Never use the medium or large upgrades, weapons don't last long enough/are replaced often enough that they'll go to waste. Just use the small upgrades, and the only ones that are worth it are the small fire and electricity, and fastball.
>>
>>339194147
not the guy you're responding to, but honestly you shouldn't have to know this 10 sentence long guide just to do a bit of damage EARLY GAME. Now, if the whole game was centered around knowing how to damage enemies, this would be okay, but these aren't tactics designed by the devs, but just a flaw in the RPG mechanic, where you become a zombie lawnmower endgame for no realistic reason
>>
>>339194147
Except the crates rarely ever had weapons in them. And why would I break the few weapons I had? Once I changed it to normal however nearly ever crate had a weapon or good loot. Kicking in to hazards was way easier to farm levels, once you got the running jump kick it was even easier. Also I never trusted usuable items after the zombies ignored my 12 tutorial firecrackers and I had to spend 20 minutes kicking zombies to fixing those 2 car traps.
>>
File: pk victory.jpg (14 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
pk victory.jpg
14 KB, 500x281
>>339192515
>doing the mission where you climb the radio tower to stop the bombing
>land on garbage as usual
>"one of these days I'm gonna land on rusty knives, I just know it."
>>
>>339189043
to me he felt like a dull self-insert, but based on what other anons are saying maybe i just overlooked his character development
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.