[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
King's Field
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wrongneighbourhood.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wrongneighbourhood.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
Just finished Dark Souls 3 and was thinking about playing some of FROM's old games, mainly King's Field. I heard that it's best to start with IV, but I'm not sure yet.
>>
don't play them. they are absolute trash.

reminder: most of FROM's games are dogshit.
>>
>>339173058
How bad are they?
>>
Are any of them on PC? I know Shadow Tower is.
>>
dark souls fags shouldn't be playing king's field
but if you want to, try the first one (north american version)
>>
>>339173418
none of them are
they're PS1 exclusives
>>
Kings Field 3 (US) Is the best of the PS1 games. I've hear great things about Ancient City.

>>339173418
Emulate
>>
>>339173489
I meant Kings Field 2 (US)
>>
King's Field IV is incredibly slow. I wouldn't recommend it.

Play King's Field 2 (US). At least stick it out until you get magic and the Pixy Map, that's when the game starts.
It's generally considered the best.

Strafing is god in these games.

If you like it, try King's Field (US) afterwards. It runs at double the frame rate and speed, and will kick your ass because of it.

If you don't like either, try Shadow Tower Abyss. PS2. There's a translated iso. Only KF type game where you can use both thumbsticks for movement.
Has fun magic and limb cutting combat but has strict durability, so you're encouraged to use everything you find but conserve your ammo.
>>
>>339172882
I recommend playing King's Field 2, which is just King's Field in the US. It's not as simple as 1 but doesn't drag on like 3 does.

It's one of my favorite PS1 games ever but its not for everyone, you'll realize that soon enough. It's janky as fuck but it's part of the charm.

Take notes and hit Sandler for exp both before and after you save him. Up to you if you want to go the whole mile and clap him, it doesn't matter. Just have fun dude.
>>
File: 1462249185794.gif (267 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1462249185794.gif
267 KB, 250x250
>>339172882
I've only played IV, but it's FUCKING RAD

The game gives you absolutely no direction, leaving you with one objective - get the Idol to the bottom of the City.
It's a really neat adventure, all of the environments link up beautifully, and the combat (as shitty and slow paced as it is) is still super exhilarating
It's one of the best PS2 games i've ever played, top 5 hands down.
I've never felt like I was having a real sense of discovery and loneliness in a game until this one

tl; dr
IT'S FUCKING WORTH IT, PLAY IT RIGHT NOW
>>
>>339172882

I've been playing King's Field 1 (the american 1) and it's really cool and also kind of shitty.

The feeling of isolation and general weirdness you get from a souls game is amplified tenfold in King's Field. Probably because of those very early PS1 graphics. Low poly models and repeating textures often make you look at something and think "What the fuck is that?" which is kind of cool.

However the game and it's mechanics are really obtuse, I've had to use a guide a few times and I can't imagining figuring some of this shit out without one. The combat is also nothing special. You hit an enemy, back up, then hit him again ad nauseum. The attack animation takes ages and some enemies in the beginning take a ridiculous amount of hits to kill.

I don't know about the others in the series but I'd say the first is worth playing. It's cool to see the gestation of the souls games and the atmosphere is incredible.
>>
>>339172882
I found 4 a lot easier to control after mapping the turn buttons to the shoulders. It's alright, I'm up to the King's Mausoleum.
>>
>>339175052
>However the game and it's mechanics are really obtuse, I've had to use a guide a few times and I can't imagining figuring some of this shit out without one. The combat is also nothing special. You hit an enemy, back up, then hit him again ad nauseum. The attack animation takes ages and some enemies in the beginning take a ridiculous amount of hits to kill.
Kinda sounds like Souls
>>
Don't listen to shitters KFIV is the best in the series. After the journey to the cursed city you will be left with a hunger for more exploration so after that go for the more challenging Shadow Tower.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.