[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /v/ think of the final Mega Man game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (465 KB, 1500x668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
465 KB, 1500x668
What did /v/ think of the final Mega Man game?
>>
Wasn't as good as nine
>>
>>339168132

Not a big fan of Mega Man 9. Overly difficult. Too many cheap deaths.
>>
>>339169759
lmao wow! You're LITERALLY the incarnation of 'I suck at the game, let's blame it!!'

Yeah, blame a good game with good game design because YOU suck at it, haha, oh wow man. To think people like you still exist.
>>
>>339168132
It was pretty good.Had the usual mix of great levels and ones that are just there. Solar Man has the best stage and was easily the toughest boss
>>
>>339169939
Or maybe Inti Creates is a shitty developer that doesn't understand what good level design is.
>>
I was ok/good, but I think it, like MM9, over-relied on cheap "gotcha!" traps, which were not as prevalent in the previous Mega Man games (less things popping out of pits as you jump, etc.). A little too technical in its execution without as much of a spark of creativity as the previous entries (as is expected for a series with dozens of entries).

Like I said, it's still good, and a very respectable note to go out on for the classic series.
>>
File: 1462396172190.jpg (81 KB, 630x623) Image search: [Google]
1462396172190.jpg
81 KB, 630x623
>>339170169
Stop talking hidden behind a fucking wall. Step forward and bring some concrete examples of the 'bad level design' you are talking about.

You are just a retard, you think you're the first I see using that type of argument on this? Bring ONE concrete example of bad level design, cause I can bring you a fuckload of GOOD level design from Inti.
>>
>>339170169
I thought the level design was much better in nine. Plus the weapons in nine had a good balance between dmg weapon and tool to get though levels faster. All that was missing in 10.
>>
>>339170679
The entire second half of Plug Man's stage since it disallows any other method of traversing it than to hop across the absurd amount of disappearing blocks. The retro Mega Man games allowed you to approach situations in multiple ways if you wanted to, MM9 and 10 don't let you do that.

The garbage mini-bosses that greatly disrupt the flow of levels.

Inti Creates' rock hard boner for spikes and pits. Not just any pits either, the types of pits where shit jumps out of them with absolutely no advance warning whatsoever. That's how Inti Creates designs levels. Throw spikes and pits wherever they feel like it, sprinkle enemies here and there, and call it a day. There's no thought put into obstacle or enemy placement. There's no thought put into how the level should flow.
>>
>>339171114
Couldn't you just use rush jet to get past that part? Also if you knew the pattern you could use tornado or concrete mans weapons to get past sections.
>>
>>339171114
>The entire second half of Plug Man's stage since it disallows any other method of traversing it than to hop across the absurd amount of disappearing blocks.
remember heat man's level,how about magnet man?
>>
>>339168132
That Blade Man actually looks cooler than his actual design
>>
>>339169939

Been Playing Mega Man since the original NES, son. Your post just screams out try hard child, by the way. Might want to tone it down a bit.
>>
>>339168132
One of the better ones, but compared to 9 which is probably my favorite of the lot it dropped the ball in some strange and unexpected ways.
>>
Better than the crappy 9.
>>
>>339168132
Not as tight a gameplay experience as Mega Man 9, but I thought the music was all around better, especially the updated Robot Master Intro/Level Clear themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A84vw_KlpUI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoD0E7btPI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HozdujUyTUk

Protoman being a default playable character was also a great addition and gave it some replay value, which is something that should've happened several iterations before.
>>
File: art_gal.1.png (795 KB, 1024x695) Image search: [Google]
art_gal.1.png
795 KB, 1024x695
I'm currently playing this, it's pretty decent. Like a mix of MM and MMX, unfortunately with some bullshit, like ammo recharging and no walljump.
>>
>>339171623
You should read the next sentence, anon.
>The retro Mega Man games allowed you to approach situations in multiple ways if you wanted to, MM9 and 10 don't let you do that.

Heat Man's, at least, allows you to bypass it with Rush.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.