[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The game has been already been fully funded. Why should I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 19
File: maxresdefault.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
The game has been already been fully funded. Why should I feel bad about pirating it when it comes out?
>>
You shouldn't feel bad

You should just feel insignificant as that's what you are
>>
Because the producer of the product is asking for money in exchange for said product and instead you are going around them and obtaining it without their permission.

If you're a poorcuck just don't buy it or play it. Your time is probably better spent trying to not be a poorcuck than playing video games anyway.
>>
because sales determine whether there will be any more like it in future
>>
>>339165952
Because you're some kind of poorfuck that can't even justify their reason for pirating the air I breathe.
>>
>>339166250
They could just make another Kickstarter

>>339166414
Not poor I just don't see the point in paying for it when they got the money they needed.
>>
>>339165952

If you made a game, would YOU want people to pirate it?
>>
>>339166578
They got the money to develop it. If you like the game and want them to make another, you should buy it to show them that there's people who like it and are paying for it, also so they can have a budget to develop another game.
>>
>>339166669
I'd be happy that my game was worth their time.
>>
File: QUIT.png (470 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
QUIT.png
470 KB, 500x375
Didn't you already try using this bait yesterday?
>>
>>339166578
People aren't going to buy in to a kickstarter for a sequel to a kickstarted game.
Especially one that is expected to find its own feet after it has been kickstarted.
>>
File: 1387381438214.png (210 KB, 488x727) Image search: [Google]
1387381438214.png
210 KB, 488x727
>>339165952
>>
Stealing is wrong.
>>
>>339165952
why is it relevant how the game is funded? every released game is funded one way or another, dumbass
>>
Whether or not you feel bad will depend on whether or not you actually play through the game, which will depend largely on how good it is

What you should feel bad about right now is making this retarded thread
>>
>>339166736
What?

>>339166783
>People aren't going to buy in to a kickstarter for a sequel to a kickstarted game.

If the first one is good they will.
>>
>>339166886
I'd pirate a purse though
>>
>>339166783
>People aren't going to buy in to a kickstarter for a sequel to a kickstarted game.

Ha, explain Shadowrun: Hong Kong then.
>>
>>339166729
Maybe if it was something you made in your spare time as a hobby, but not if it was your full time career and your livelihood depended upon it.
>>
>>339165952
The kickstarter wasn't for the game, dumbass, they were always going to make it.

The Kickstarter was for all the extra shit like an orchestral soundtrack and co-op and what have you.

You're a piece of shit if you pirate and then don't buy if you like it.
>>
You're a single person. Even if you did pay for the game your money would mean absolutely nothing to the devs.

What's $10, $30, $60, $100, etc. to an entire business?

Based on this you should never feel bad about pirating a game.
>>
>>339167198
They got paid already though.
>>
>>339167235
>The kickstarter wasn't for the game

Pretty sure it was.
>>
>>339167245
>to an entire business?
Playtonic is a small business though not something like Blizzard
>>
>>339167075
If the first one sells like shit why would Playtonic even bother with a kickstarter for a sequel instead of making something else?
It'd just prove "people don't want 3D platformers anymore" right.
>>
>>339166729
Your mommy still pays all your bills I 100% guarantee it.
>>
>>339165952
Because if they get MORE money, they can fund their next project.

Baka.
>>
The only difference between this and a non-Kickstarter game is that they don't have a publisher to catch them if they fall. All games that are released are already funded. They want to profit enough so they can keep going.
>>
>>339167356
What I said still applies to a small business.
>>
>>339167245
This is absolutely true yet if everyone reasoned this way, there would be no video game industry

A pirate should try to convince other people NOT to pirate, because someone has to buy the games. I never understood the mentality of encouraging others to pirate.
>>
>>339167075
>What?

This thread. You did it yesterday. You know, where you pretended to be unaware how businesses make money and then started saying nonsense about how they shouldn't be doing it for money when presented with that.

I mean, I'm assuming it's bait, otherwise you're just completely dumb as hell and likely too young to be posting here.
>>
>>339167253
They only got paid as much as they need to create the game. They still haven't profited off of it, and they need more money for their own livelihoods.

You might as well say devs for a game that isn't kickstarted "already got paid" because a company gave them the funding money. All that money goes towards creating the game.

>>339167245
The problem is that if everyone just starts stealing it than they are negatively affected. That's why we need to hammer down on this more. We need to go back to the old ways, and give pirates of all kinds what they've always deserved - death by hanging.
>>
>>339167460
If everyone had wings and could breathe in space we could fly to pluto. What are you trying to do with these nonsensical hypotheticals?
>>
>They put the new characters Dr Quack and Dr Puzz in Edge Magazine as a world exclusive
>walked into the newsagents, flipped through it and put the magazine back

I'm basically already pirating this
>>
File: 1442009550002.gif (3 MB, 279x390) Image search: [Google]
1442009550002.gif
3 MB, 279x390
You shouldn't. If it turns out to be great and you don't buy it after you're a bit of a dick but whatever, do what you want. Just stop making threads trying to justify it.
>>
>>339167245
This is the mentality of the millions that abstain from voting. Aka, fucking morons.
>>
What do you think funding is?
>>
>>339167410
Not really.

If I'm in a small business I need to make sure we breakeven and pay all the bills while paying wages to my employees.
Keep in mind they also expanded their office to make the game even better.

Point is every little bit of money counts to a small team of people.

If I'm the CEO of Blizz I just layoff a few people and don't worry.

Money is literally always significant anon.
>>
>>339167574
>The problem is that if everyone just starts stealing it
I don't live in the lala land of hypotheticals that aren't gonna happen though.

>>339167634
Those people are morons who don't know jack shit about politics so they should abstain from voting you stupid fucking cuck.
>>
>>339166578
They got the money to fund development you aspie.
>>
>>339167597
Everyone reasoning that "I'm just one person and my money doesn't matter" would equate to zero monies

It's improbable but not the same as people growing wings and the ability to breathe in a vacuum
>>
>>339167564
Wasn't me I was playing Overwatch all day yesterday.
>>
>>339165952
Because all that money was used to make the game. Buying it gives them the profit needed to make another game without being Kickstarter beggars.
>>
>>339167597
>Thinking you could leave the stratosphere with wings
>Thinking you could fly with in space with wings

Hello dumbfuck.
>>
>>339167690
I'm the guy you're calling a cuck but you sure look like you're doing well in this debate.
>>
>>339167643
>Point is every little bit of money counts to a small team of people.
No it doesn't. $60 WILL NOT make a difference.

>>339167715
>It's improbable
Very improbable so let's not entertain the idea.

>>339167758
Take that back cunt.
>>
>>339167574
>They still haven't profited off of it, and they need more money for their own livelihoods.

They got more than they asked for. Pretty sure that means they made a profit.
>>
The game was funded, which means no profit was made.
>>
>>339167784
*I'm not
Damn auto-correct
>>
>>339167690
Except it is happenign more and more, as you keep fucking encouraging it. So the only way to fight it is to hammer down any further. We need shit that can detect potential piracy and automatically bricks the console/pc, makes the pc explode, or preferably does something to kill the user. Criminal Scum do not count as people, no matter what bullshit justifications they try to create.
>>
>>339166578
The fact that they got the money they needed to make it just means they were able to make it. It's still a product for sale.
>>
Do piratefags not feel bad? Every time they're questioned, they go on some rant about sticking it to the man, or say some unthinking edgy bullshit like "why would I pay money when I can get it for free?".
>>
>>339166903
I'm not sure what he's getting at either.

Pirating this game isn't any different to pirating any other game, save for the fact that I think the devs are good people.
>>
>>339167784
>he thinks that forcing every average, ignorant person to vote is a GOOD thing
KEK
>>
>>339165952
Why would anyone ever feel bad about pirating?

Are people really that cucked?
>>
Stop baiting OP.

If you wanna pirate the game great but don't shitpost in an attempt to rile people up. It's sad and makes you look pathetic
>>
Anyone know when this gets released?

t. /v/ is my personal google
>>
>>339166783
Divinity os 2
>>
>>339167813
That's about 1 person's wage for a day, it makes a pretty big difference to them.
>>
File: baguette crash.png (157 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
baguette crash.png
157 KB, 444x440
>>339167853
Do you think all those stretch goals are completely free

Do you think it's unlikely that the thing will wind up costing more than they originally asked for anyway even though that always happens
>>
>>339167895
>Except it is happenign more and more
Isn't denuvo gonna stop that train anyway? Doesn't shit like steam help mitigate piracy?

Piracy is always going to be there, but you're saying that it's a "bigger problem" than before but I don't see evidence for that.
>>
>>339167813
>No it doesn't. $60 WILL NOT make a difference.
And what are you basing this on anon?

Having you ever managed a business trying to break even, paying everyone on the team and thinking about future investments?

There is a lot of work to do with managing the money and it's always important.
>>
>>339167853
And all that money goes towards making the game even better, as promised. They still are trying to make a profit, and the more people who buy the game outside of the kickstarter, the more it shows them that people want more, and the more it shows the industry that maybe it'd be a good idea to make more games like this.
>>
>>339167634
>One vote makes a difference
>Implying it isn't being rigged
>>
>>339167913
Just like the only language niggers and muslims understand is violence, pirates will only understand not being able to pirate.
>>
>>339166669
Yes, because if people are pirating my game, then that means it's worth playing, which means that people are also going to buy my game

No game has EVER in the entire history of video games, failed because of piracy. Ever
>>
>>339165952
because you're so jaded and disenchanted with your hobby that you feel entitled to enjoy it for free
That in and of itself is pretty depressing desu senpai
>>
>>339168013
>>339168067
Can you think of a small dev business that went under because it was unable to pay one of its employees for a single day?

You are not doing a good job convincing me that a mere $60 matters.
>>
>>339167853
They can make a profit, but Kickstarter is not an investment or donation platform. It's about equal to preordering a game. The game is supposed to make more than what it was backed for, the millions it got went to development (and yes, most certainly developer paychecks too, don't get me wrong) but it still works exactly the same in the end. The more people that play it, the more it should make.

If you don't wanna pay for it, just pirate it. There's no need to try to justify it or brag about pirating it by making a thread.
>>
>>339168191
Um every dev that went under ever?
>>
>>339168191
You're operating under the retarded hypothetical that only one person pirates
>>
At least we had 1 or 2 days of good Yooka threads.
This is shit though.
>>
>>339168120
>One vote makes a difference
This is exactly what my original point was addressing. One vote might not make a difference, but millions of "one votes" do. This is a really stupid mentality to have.

It being rigged or not is irrelevant in this context.
>>
>>339167913
Do nonpiratefags not feel stupid? They have the choice between playing a game, and having $60, or playing a game, and losing $60, and they choose the latter

How do you even live with yourselves?
>>
>>339168191
>We've got to think bigger

Problem is you're not thinking smaller.
Having extra money allows more comfort and growth within the company.

It's like saying interest in your bank account doesn't matter.
>>
>>339168281
Really, because of $60? You sure that's not because of tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars that would be needed to keep everything afloat?

>>339168284
I'm operating under the reality that I'm a single person who pirates and I have never as an individual affected a single business.
>>
>>339165952
They want to turn a profit so they can continue to make video games that won't need crowdfunding.

You don't think Playtonic wants to make just one game do you/
>>
>>339168256
>Kickstarter is not a donation platform

It literally is
>>
>>339166139
They already got all that money though.

>>339166669
If I made a kickstarter, I'd be happy that it got funded. Which this one did?

>>339166684
Then why are they giving away their game for 'free' to the people who supported them making it?
Shouldn't they get them to also buy it, so they can actually turn a profit on the game?

>>339166903
Fair point. That's a fine way to look at it.

>>339167364
So I should only buy it if I want them to have enough to make another game?
>>
>>339168413
You do understand what breakeven ACTUALLY is right?

Difference between going under, staying afloat and making a profit.
>>
>>339168413
If a company can't pay one person for one day they can't pay any people for any number of days AKA it's end of the line for that company.

>>339168413
>lets ignore the effects of millions of people because they're all individuals
Retard.
>>
>>339168510
>You do understand what breakeven ACTUALLY is right?
Can you name a business who was $60 away from this point and went under?

It's make me feel very bad that I destroyed someone whose product I enjoyed.
>>
>>339168394
Some people prefer to see their hobbies flourish rather than leech off of them until they stagnate and die.
>>
>>339168417
What's wrong with crowdfunding? If the first game turns out well people will have no problem giving them money for a sequel or whatever else they do.
>>
>>339168434
>put down money to receive a product in the future
>donation
>>
>>339168507
You realize they want to keep making games, right? They don't want to make one game and move on.
>>
>>339168394
Because paying for things is how the world works. Nobody makes anything for free. If everyone was a piratefag, no games would be made. How can you live with the fact that you're contributing to the fall of the industry?
>>
>>339168574
>If a company can't pay one person for one day they can't pay any people for any number of days AKA it's end of the line for that company.
Correct, hence it isn't a single $60 that is the problem and thus I am not the problem.

I'd also like to point out that you guys are continuing to talk about this in some hypothetical bubble. You can't reasonably point to some small dev that didn't succeed because I pirated their game.

>lets ignore the effects of millions of people because they're all individuals
Nobody said or implied this though. I always talked about this in the context of 1 person - myself.
>>
>>339168413
You absolutely have as an individual affected a business, just because you're one of many individuals doesn't mean you're not responsible at all, you played your part.
>>
>>339168576
Off the top of my head? Most likely not.
But they do exist clearly so stop trying with the hypothetical when you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>339167913
>"why would I pay money when I can get it for free?"
At least the ones who say this are actually admitting the truth. You really don't have to justify your pirating or try to make it seem as if it's any more than just being able to get games for free
>>
>>339165952
Wow you're a fucking genius. You know what? development and production of everything is already paid for before you buy it. Wow man we shouldn't pay for ANYTHING.
>>
>>339168636
Why would they want to make a sequel if people don't buy the game? It just confirms to them that MS was right.
>>
>>339168394
Do gamers not feel stupid? They have the choice between being productive, and making $60, or playing games, and losing $60, and they choose the latter

How do you even live with yourselves?
>>
>>339168748
Nope, I am completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

>>339168758
>But they do exist clearly
I'm not interested in your baseless speculation.
>>
>all the self righteous pirates in this thread

Keep fighting the good fight you fucking leeches
>>
>>339168881
Morality is subjective though.
>>
File: BOI.jpg (78 KB, 650x898) Image search: [Google]
BOI.jpg
78 KB, 650x898
LOL stop trying to justify piracy you faggots

Piracy is wrong in all senses of the idea, even you "try before buy" faggots trying to rationalize it are pathetic.

I pirate shit, but I'm well aware that it's probably illegal and a shitty thing to do, but I'm not trying to sugar coat it for myself, pretending I'm doing anyone a favor or I'm not hurting any business.

Fucking get off your high horses.
>>
>>339168960
Legality is not.
>>
>>339168762
The only excuse that should ever be acceptable for pirating is "I do not have enough money to buy this"

Everything else is just pirates trying to justify it to themselves and feel like moral crusaders when really they just don't want to pay and it is the most obnoxious fuckin' thing.
>>
>>339168879
>Nope, I am completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
Bulllshit, you're no different then everyone else that didn't pay, which means you're part of the overall number, not just $60, you are in part liable. Whether you reject that because it makes you feel better or not.
>>
>>339168881
This isn't a question of morals you mongoloid.
>>
You shouldn't feel bad, you should feel bad that the graphics are ugly.
>>
>>339168739
Yeah and it isn't a single $60 for any of the other 10,000 people who think like you but the company still loses $600,000.
>>
>>339165952
Because the guys who made it are lads and could use your patronage.

They're good and talented developers who care about (and are responsible for) great video games. The more money you give them, the better the precedent they set for the rest of the industry.

You can always pirate it, but I don't know why you wouldn't want to give some of your money to support Playtonic.
>>
>>339166578
>They could just make another Kickstarter
thats money to develop it
>>
>>339168879
>Come up with hypothetical runarounds to avoid the argument
>"You're just speculating!"

Are you seriously trying to pull burden of proof?
This mental gymnastics is ridiculous.

It's a fucking product you buy to show support, it goes into their bank and they do stuff with it, bam.
>>
>>339167253
They got the funds to make the game, they did not get the funds to feed their family. I don't think you understand how this shit works, kid.
>>
>>339169074
but what does that have to do with anything
>>
All games need funds to make it

That's a stupid fucking statement
>>
>>339169127
I don't know what you're trying to say.

>>339169341
What does this have to do with anything. I never said you can't be opposed to piracy.

>>339169567
>Come up with hypothetical runarounds
Your entire "argument" is based on some fringe case that you can't prove has even happened. C'mon man step it up!

>It's a fucking product you buy to show support, it goes into their bank and they do stuff with it, bam.
My $60 has never prevented a small business from making a significant contribution to their game.
>>
>>339168739
So you condone other pirates then? Because two of you cost 120 bucks, three cost 180, and so on and so on. You aren't stupid enough to make those arguments. Do you think you're going to be the only one to pirate a game?
And this comes from someone that actually pirated games for a year and a half before deciding to buy all those games.
>>
>>339168847
>if people don't buy the game

They already did
>>
>>339169898
>So you condone other pirates then?
If I had it my way I might be the only pirate in existence.
>>
>>339169641
Its illegal to pirate dipshit
>>
>>339169641
Pirating is illegal. The problem is that it's too time consuming to find and sue every single person, that's why they'll have the occasional one person sued to oblivion as a sort of warning from the companies.
>>
>>339169525
yeah, so they'll start a new one and make another

>wasting money on video games
>>
>>339169042
if i pirate a game and like it, i immediately go buy it. i just use torrent sites as a demo room.
>>
>>339165952
>>>/biz/

You are literally retarded
>>
>>339170056
I know but so what?

>>339170060
And?
>>
>>339170000
Right. But you don't. That's my point.
>>
>>339170000
But you aren't so this thread is pointless go pirate the game retard no one cares.

Nice quads btw
>>
>>339170068
you cannot possibly be this dumb. do you know anything about how business and profit work?
>>
File: definition of piracy.png (13 KB, 625x235) Image search: [Google]
definition of piracy.png
13 KB, 625x235
>>339165952
>Why should I feel bad about pirating it when it comes out?
Are you implying piracy is stealing? Because it's not.
>>
>>339169042
I buy games all the time. I just don't see the point in this case because it is fully funded and profitable already.
>>
>>339170078
Tell that to the judge, CREEP
>>
>>339169972
They funded it, retard.
>>
File: 1462637811721.png (141 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
1462637811721.png
141 KB, 290x290
>>339170112
>Actually admitting you'll break the law because you feel like it and don't care

Summer is here
>>
>>339170176
I still don't get your point.

>>339170179
thx
>>
>>339170247
i've never not bought a game i pirated and liked
>>
>>339170221
So why are you here? No one is gonna convince you.
>>
>>339165952
Impressive that even indie devs can afford shills
>>
>>339170000
Too bad we don't live in hypothetical land ;^) face your responsibility
>>
>>339170221
In case you didn't read the thread

PLAYTONIC IS CURRENTLY NOT PROFITING FROM THIS

THEY'RE JUST COVERED TO MAKE IT
>>
>>339169573
>they did not get the funds to feed their family

Yes they did. Their salary is taken into account when deciding how much money they need.
>>
>>339165952
Because this game is making up for the lack of a "Banjo-Threeie" of our childhood and we need to give all the thanks we can give.
>>
>>339170378
My responsibility for what? I don't understand these responses.
>>
>>339170368
>So why are you here? No one is gonna convict you.

Fixed. Dumbfucks like OP have a persecution/victim complex. It's worse than jews.
>>
>>339170273
Yes and they are getting a copy of the game.
>>
>>339170548
You are either a kid, a retard or shitposting. Either way, I'm out.
>>
>>339170697
My post was addressing whether I condoned other pirates or not. Then I got like 3 responses of people saying irrelevant stupid shit. Man what is wrong with you people.
>>
>>339170275
>Caring about the law.

gee, talking about summer.
>>
File: 1463890532843.jpg (426 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463890532843.jpg
426 KB, 1024x1024
Poorfag here.
Is this coming out on last gen?

Or should I just pray my toaster can run it?
>>
>>339165952
Every game has to get funded before it's made, and Kickstarter is one way to do it.
It's not the same as sales in any way
>>
>>339170548
That question will be answered by asking another question: What is your reason that you would have other people not pirate?
>>
>>339170481
WHY DO THEY NEED TO PROFIT?

they can just be paid the huge load of money they already give themselves and live good
>>
>>339170808
it's a Unity game, so you might be in luck if they optimize well
>>
>>339170631
They are getting the game because they hit a certain goal when funding it.
They didn't buy the game at release, when it is on market, i.e not part of the funding process. They contributed to the funding process and get rewarded for it. You don't count that as sales you retard.
>>
>>339170835
The cumulative loss in revenue could prevent businesses from making a game or making a better game.
>>
>>339170837
>WHY DO THEY NEED TO PROFIT?
Why do people make business dumbass?
>>
File: 1449773979338.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1449773979338.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>>339169042
You won't stop me from pirating every nintendo 3ds game under the sun.

I'm all for supporting good companies, but nintendo fucked up so bad that there's no point in supporting them anymore.
Same with Bethesda. They can rot for all I care.
>>
>>339170837
Because that's the reason they're developing the game.
>>
File: 1460225974248.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1460225974248.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>339170837
Please tell me you aren't any older than 12
>>
>>339170837
So they stay in business retard. Christ why am I even responding to bait this terrible
>>
>>339170948
to have jobs, they get paid, what more? an ARTIFICIAL number that no one uses?
>>
>>339170837
>>339171102
All pirates are legitimately this retarded.
>>
>>339170932
There you go, that's what you're responsible for and you know it. The only thing more pathetic than your trying to rationalize it is the fact that you don't hold yourself to the same standard you hold other people to (admitted in >>339170000 probably without meaning to). You are complete scum and I have nothing but pity for your poor parents who I have no doubt are supporting you completely.
>>
>>339170837
>they can just be paid the huge load of money they already give themselves and live good
>they already give themselves
do you think they spawn money out of their ass?
>>
>>339170835
Even if somebody would want to make a game just for the sake of it, they wouldn't be able to get a team of 20 that all think the same
>>
>>339171154
>that's what you're responsible for and you know it.
I'm responsible for the loss in revenue caused by other pirates? How?

>you don't hold yourself to the same standard you hold other people to
Huh?
>>
>>339170930
Yes you do. No one would fund a Kickstarter if they got nothing in return.
>>
>>339170808
Would think it's only on muh next gen, but don't know.
I just want to know the price on pc.
>>
>>339165952
you know a game is going to be good when pirates are trying to justify not spending money
>>
File: 1462480455104.png (44 KB, 260x229) Image search: [Google]
1462480455104.png
44 KB, 260x229
>>339170837
>They should just make the product and live off the production costs and expect zero money for their work
>>
>>339171345
What? People getting the game because they contributed to the funding has nothing to do with sales you retard.
Sales are when the game is on the market.
>>
>>339168164
The PSP died because of pirating and took the vita along with it.
>>
>>339171208
They shit out money like Kazooie shits out eggs
>>
>>339165952
>Other people paid for it so I deserve it
Holy shit, you're a fucking cunt. Kill yourself.
>>
>>339171691
I just don't see the point. The game would exist whether or not I give them my money.
>>
>>339170837
4chan is for ages 18 and up.
>>
>>339171919
/v/ sucks up to every developer there is, never thinks of the consumers

just ignore them and pirate
>>
>>339171919
>I just don't see the point
That's because you're an edgy teen
>>
>>339171529
The vita was badly marketed and had $60 memory cards, so your point is invalid
Also, the DS did well even though it was pirated as fuck
>>
>>339172030
>Thieves are consumers
>>
>>339166684
Except maybe the Sega Dreamcast. That was an entire console.
>>
>>339171919
because despite the cost of development for this game being covered already, if no one buys it the devs won't have money to work on another game
the more people buy it the less likely they'll rely on another kickstarter for another game
>>
>>339172201
Pretty sure the ds wasn't cracked the day it came out. And you're forgetting the whole childern market too.
>>
>>339171919
You are just a stupid fucking nigger.
I think it's good to pirate a game to check if you like it or not or if you've already bought it on another platform but if you just pirate no matter what you're actively making the industry worse.
Do you like to see good shooters (DOOM) and creative indie games more?
Then fucking buy them.
I'm starting to think you're a poor ass 13 year old and your parents hate you
>>
>>339172523
>if no one buys it the devs won't have money to work on another game

Just make another Kickstarter. If the first game was good all those same people will back it.
>>
ITT: republican corporation suckups
>>
>>339172719
So you're saying they should be stuck in a loop of funding games and making next to nothing from them? Why would they even bother and not just make some casual shit that is guaranteed to make money at that point?
>>
You don't have to feel bad about pirating, though it is a bad thing. I'm sure you'll feel bad the moment you get a message from your ISP warning you about receiving a copyright notice from a game publisher that you were torrenting a game from.
>>
>>339172912
Because they enjoy making games?
>>
>>339172781
Here come the "fuck the system" kids. On cue.
>>
>>339173005
Even if they have to live like shit and barely support their families?
>>
>>339168413
With that idea, many people will pirate, and it will be more than 60$ loss you insipid cunt
>>
File: 1463967786743.png (229 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
1463967786743.png
229 KB, 450x500
>>339172781
What if I am democratic corporation suckup?
>>
>>339173190
They seem to be doing just fine.
>>
>>339173349
Sure, now. Fresh off of being with MS and their first project. But if they're stuck in a loop of games getting funded but little to no money actually being made off them they won't be.
>>
>>339173005
>if you enjoy your job, you shouldn't get paid
>>
>>339173561
Don't put words in my mouth. They could apply their skill set to many other fields if they care more about profit.
>>
File: 1446464559538.gif (981 KB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
1446464559538.gif
981 KB, 342x239
>>339170837
(You)
>>
>>339170808
>last gen
depends on which one
>>
>>339174203
But why would they do that when they could, you know, make a profit from video games

Seriously what the fuck kind of backwards logic is this?
>>
>>339171015
>I hate the company!
>I'm still going to use their products!
>>
File: denuvo.jpg (10 KB, 477x249) Image search: [Google]
denuvo.jpg
10 KB, 477x249
>>339165952
>>
>>339174473
>But why would they do that when they could, you know, make a profit from video games

Because they like making people happy
>>
>>339165952
The Games been funded and the people who funded it are going to get it and now all thats left for them is to make the game and goodies for the general public who didnt fund the game and make a profit of them.
Economics nigga.

The fact that you're even trying to rationalize such stupidity speaks volumes of you
>>
>>339174631
So they can't make a profit and make consumers happy? Is that what you're saying?
>>
File: YOU CANNOT BEAT US.jpg (35 KB, 524x431) Image search: [Google]
YOU CANNOT BEAT US.jpg
35 KB, 524x431
>>339174631
I want you to stop and explain to me, as clearly as you possibly can, why someone is not allowed to do something that makes people happy and get paid for doing it.

Because those two things seem entirely unrelated.
>>
>>339175115
Profit should be an afterthought when making a game not the goal.
>>
File: yl.png (13 KB, 891x156) Image search: [Google]
yl.png
13 KB, 891x156
>>339175246
>and get paid for doing it

They are getting paid and way more than they needed.
>>
>>339175412
>They are getting paid and way more than they needed.
Proof?
>>
How do you think development studios survive?
Pixie dust? The kindness of their hearts is hooked up to a machine that spits out money or some form of "kindness bux" that is viable to pay the bills?
>>
>>339175412
We've just spent this whole thread talking about how production funds are not profit.

I would call you retarded but at this point that seems insulting to actual retarded people.
>>
>>339175412
You seriously believe the game being made right now costs less than 200,000 to make?
>>
>>339175412
>way more than they needed.
How would you know that? Explain this shit, NOW!
>>
>>339175636
they said 175000, they should be able to do it with that
>>
>>339175901
look at the image I posted
>>
>>339175962
>they should make a shittier game despite having the funds to make a better one
>>
>>339167075
>If the first one is good they will.
Historically, no, repeated Kickstarters fail even if the original one was successful. You use the Kickstarter to get off the ground, after that you're expected to stand up on your own.
>>
>>339175962
Do you honestly believe the game people would get at 175,000 is the same as the game at 2,000,000?
>>
>>339175962
But why would they when they got far more funds and now have the additional stretch goals to work with
>>
>>339176050
Good products and successful crowdfunding are not the same thing. Of course something like an Ouya 2 would not be funded.
>>
>>339175962
It would have been a shittier game at 175,000.
>>
>>339176139
whats more money gonna do, they have the skills and tech, its all time

or were they purposly making it shit before their goal
>>
>>339165952
because the funding covered the time of development, and after purchasing is royalties
the royalties are going to the developers, rather than the publisher, meaning the developers can reinvest the money for making their next product, or for post-release content and patching

that's why you "should" feel bad
but don't worry about not feeling bad, that's just what people that don't have empathy do
>>
>>339176523
wow epic orchestra great game
>>
>>339176528
How about the fact that Playtonic expanded and hired more people?
>>
>>339176528
>whats more money gonna do, they have the skills and tech
you cannot be serious
>>
>>339176842
so they didnt have skills nor the tech to get a good game

well thats why im pirating what a fucking shit company
>>
This is like the third time you've made this thread. It's bait.
>>
>>339176974
I'll bet $100 of my own money that you're under 18 years old
> Or you are retarded and have the thinking capability of a less than 18 year old
>>
>>339176974
No, you fucking imbecile.
If you seriously don't think more money than 175,000 is going to do anything for a game you're braindead retarded.

Why doesn't every game have a budget around 100,000 - 500,000 if that's the case? You complete and utter moron.
>>
File: 1463695624022.jpg (72 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
1463695624022.jpg
72 KB, 600x648
>>339176974
And today we learned that pirates are law breaking, edgy, morons who think they're above everything.

>>339166090
Was right
>>
Are the people upset about piracy the people who already paid for it?
Why does anyone care that some anon is choosing to pirate the game?
A pirate necessarily doesn't mean a sale.
>>
>>339176609
Just like Obsidian, Double Fine, or Larian Studios reinvested their profits.
You know they will just make another kykestarter, right?
Video game developers all run on greed and expect their fans to pay for their games only with the promise that they will develop them, and not share any of the profits with the fans who invested into a non-existent product.
>>
>>339174627
You know, if the DRM isn't causing major problems anymore, I kind of hope everyone will start using it.
>>
>>339177934
You think fans should receive a cut of the profit? For what? Simply funding the game?
Sounds more like you're a greedy fuckwad that pirates so he can keep his shekels to him self and wants kickstarters to kick some shekels his way so he can make shekels without doing any work.
>>
>>339177758
I don't even give a shit whether OP pirates it or not, it's just that his way of rationalizing it is complete nonsense.
>>
Since we live in a capitalist society, the greatest voting power you have is money. By purchasing the games you like, you are telling the market that you want more of that kind of game. This is why it's important to buy games you really enjoy, to tell the market you really would want another game like the one you purchased.
Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.