[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Saves a prostitute from getting beat to shit >Talks down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9
>Saves a prostitute from getting beat to shit
>Talks down a man with a gun from robbing a store
>Saves a woman from committing suicide and takes care of her baby
>all around likable guy
>HURR NO HE'S THE KILLER
>HE ALSO MURDERED THE OLD CLOCK MAKER GUY EVEN THOUGH THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED
>HE TRIES TO KILL ETHAN EVEN THOUGH HE COMPLETED HIS TRIALS AND FINALLY FOUND A FATHER WHO RISKED EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS SON'S LIFE BECAUSE "HE DOESN'T WANT TO GET CAUGHT" EVEN THOUGH THIS WAS HIS LIFE'S PURPOSE

David Cage accidentally made a likable character and he still managed to fuck him up completely
>>
>>339163125
>Kill a woman's child
>Bang her
>Leave her to drown
Shelby was the best
>>
>not save the prostitute
>don't give her my card
>don't tell her where to find me
>she still shows up later in my house going "you told me if i ever needed help..."

#choicesmatter
>>
>>339163224
You can save her if you want.
>>
>>339163125
He doesn't kill Ethan if he shows up alone
>>
>>339163263
He leaves the card when you first show up, saving her just gets you complimented
>>
>>339163675
no, you hear him thinking "i should leave a card" but you can just leave.
>>
>>339163563
which is retarded still
>>
>drink this poison if you love your son
>kek, just kidding it wasn't really poison
>but i'm gonna kill you anyway

why not just have real poison?
>>
>>339163747
Well she at least knows you're scott shelby private eye, just googled your name i guess
>>
>>339163563
That still makes no sense. He shouldn't care about getting caught. He built his entire life around finding a father who is capable of saving his son.
>>
>>339163927
>why not just have real poison?
For the lulz
>>
>>339163953
>Only Jayden shows up
>Shelby starts beating him up all angry
>"Who the fuck are you? ONLY HIS FATHER CAN SAVE HIM!!!"
>>
>>339163927
Because David Cage's parents were siblings
>>
who was the woman who helped Scott record all those voice messages?
>>
>>339163125
>Can try to kill Ethan despite the fact that he passed all of his tests
You know, that probably bothered me more than the game lying about the clockmaker's death.
>>
>>339163224
fucking LOL

oh, david cage
>>
Cage is a pretentious retard and absolutely shit writer.

Love the atmosphere and music in his "games" though. Heavy Rain OST is god tier.
>>
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>339163125
>A character being a serial killer means he can never, ever do any good deeds or be likeable.
>He must be literally Satan 24/7, so you know he's the 'bad guy'.

That would be boring.
>>
What scenario will David Cage write up too make his Robot waifu in Detroit strip?
>>
How does he get so much money for his games? Why is Sony still giving support to their Molyneux?
>>
You know the bit where he kills the clock maker and then you have to rub finger prints off everything you and the woman touched. Anyone else have trouble actually interacting with all the stuff they touched? I remember when I played through I like couldn't actually clean something like the phone even though I remembered it being touched in the scene before. I think the camera even zooms in what you 'forgot' to clean which was incredibly irritating when I did try to clean what it zoomed in on.
>>
>>339164576
except he's a 'good guy' because of laughably retarded writing and it's *literally* functioning as a red herring to the player

the lenghts that Cage went to conceal this guy's true intentions are beyond words in terms of sheer stupidity
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_AGSzGef4
>>
>>339164576
same fags who want to see big boss rape kids and shit on grandmas to prove hes evil
>>
Say what you want about the game, but it was hilarious that everything in the clock shop is interactable. I got suckered into touching everything, and then of course the police are arriving to you need to remove your prints off everything you touched. I failed in the end.
>>
>>339164897
Huh. I've actually seen this movie and never made the connection.
>>
>>339164703
>rape attempt
>rape attempt
>rape attempt
>rape attempt
>>
>>339164703
She'll go to a mental hospital after people think she's crazy because she's doing robot things, one of the crazies will go retard rage on her and try to rape her.
>>
>>339164883
The idea was good though. He's going around as a detective to these scenes collecting evidence, all to save his own ass rather than the solve the cases.
Just a shame the execution did it in the stupidest ways possible.
>>
>>339164703
>>339165202
Shower scene
>>
I liked Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain, despite the flaws. I like novelty.
>>
>>339163125
The game just lies to you. How Cage is still allowed to make games is beyond me.
>>
>>339164808
People generlly seem to like his games for whatever reason.
>>
>>339165304
Kojima did the same thing with the MGS V hospital scene
>>
>>339165382
And everyone fucking hated it.
>>
>>339165287
To expand on this, the water from the shower will mess with her electronics and make her pleasure sensors go crazy and some fat old guy will take advantage of it and try to rape her.
>>
>>339164703
Why even bother with the excuses, he'll just make her a sexbot.
>>
>>339165251
Yeah, I actually liked the idea of it, and generally had fun with the game.

It's just kind of all over the place in execution, so I didn't take it too seriously.
>>
File: 1460054665863.jpg (729 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1460054665863.jpg
729 KB, 2448x3264
>>339164808
>>339165330
They're there to look good. Sony allows him to get away with shit because he makes "movie like emotional experiences" that you can show off to share holders, your family members and "normies" in general who don't play video games.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>pick up the game because it looks interesting and fun
>hear about gow the story continues even if one of the main characters die
>get to the final scene where Ethan fights Shelby
>I fuck up the QTEs enough to make Ethan die
>turn off the ps3 in sheer panic
>"your save file has been corrupted and cannot be recovered."
Fuck it that I had to replay the game again just to see the ending, the game luckily had some form of replayability to it.
>>
>>339163125
yep, I think it went like:
David cage arbitrarily decides who is the killer and by trying to cover him up he accidentally made him more believable.
but he is a geeneous OP never5get.
>>
>>339165803
>had some form of replayability to it.
No it fucking doesn't
The game dev literally said to not play it more than once because you see just how little the shit you do matters
>>
I wish more games had that depressive city atmosphere.
>>
>>339164059
well yeah, what's wrong with that?

it's kind of the point of what he was doing
>>
>>339165661
Are shibes ever not funny? Whatever situation, take a picture and there's something humorous about it.
>>
>>339166364
It was just funny how pissed he got, like he gets pretty whiny about it
>>
most of the game I was not sure who the killer was, it seemed to me the dad was multiple personality and might have been the killer
>>
File: shib.jpg (168 KB, 811x1082) Image search: [Google]
shib.jpg
168 KB, 811x1082
>>339166383
They look kinda majestic but kinda dumb at the same time
>>
>>339165803
>turn off the ps3 in sheer panic
you do realize you can go to the menu and play from the beginning of any chapter?
>>
Is David Cage the worst writer in the video game industry? I haven't tried Omikron but everything else was absolute garbage.
>>
>>339166680

Oh, then you'll just love the fucking epic reasoning behind why Ethan was blacking out. Truly god-tier writing.
>>
>>339164135
yeah that was dumb

>you showed that you were willing to kill yourself for your son, that's all i wanted to see
>now i'm gonna kill you anyway, lol
>>
File: o3lbsqI.png (518 KB, 845x472) Image search: [Google]
o3lbsqI.png
518 KB, 845x472
fuckn Super Best Friends
#woolielivesmatter
>>
>>339166992
>psychic link between the killer
>Cage was told that it was stupid like a week before they finalize
>All they do is remove references to it so Ethan just blacks out and has origami dogs for no reason
>>
>>339166767
>dolan, y u do dis?
>>
>>339166565
Yeah, it was basically NOOOOOOO YOU'RE NOT DOING RIGHT

>>339167014
The controls in Until Dawn are bugged you guys, it's totally not just me failing to understand them
>>
>>339167804

Speaking of Until Dawn, that is a David Cage-like game done right.

Great pacing, likable characters, choices that matter, entertaining the whole way through, fun b-horror movie plot, really great visuals with great fixed camera angles.
>>
>>339164576
Because that stuff has nothing to do with him.
>>
Every story David Cage writes feels like one of those projects that you're really excited to do at first but almost immediately run out of steam but since everyone already knows you're doing it you're committed to half-ass the other three quarters of it.
>>
>>339168513
Is that why he just steals ideas and hopes nobody will notice?
>>
>>339168672

Don't give him that much credit. He probably genuinely believes that they were his idea's and is too stupid to remember seeing it beforehand.
>>
>>339165954
Well I was 14 at the time so I guess I was pretty gullible in thinking that a game whose characters die off has some dynamic changes to it.
>>339166816
I thought the game had an autosave feature? I must be wrong I guess.
>>
>>339167992
I'll never undertstand people who act like David Cage can't write while praising Until Dawn. David Cage is terrible, but so is Until Dawn.
>>
>>339169870

What's wrong with it?
>>
>>339169870
The difference between the two is Until Dawn is a B Movie that embraces and loves that fact, David Cage games think they are works of art and fail to be coherent
>>
>>339169483
it does, but that would only affect the chapters after it

you could still go back and replay the chapter where you killed him off from the beginning
>>
>>339169870
Until Dawn is self aware of its horror movies trop.
Cage manages to write shit like "AND THEN THE BIG BAD RICH GUY HAS A HEART ATTACK" with a straight face.
>>
>>339163125
>HE ALSO MURDERED THE OLD CLOCK MAKER GUY EVEN THOUGH THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED

Except it did, retard. The only problem is that the camera is off Scott for less than a minute before he's onscreen again and both find the store owner dead.
>>
>>339170347

Nothing wrong with the corrupt father getting a heart attack.
>>
>>339169974
You're choices don't matter, characters can die, but any characters that matter, like Mike and Sam, can't die until the very end, and others can't die until they've outlived their usefulness, like Chris. It's extremely obvious who's fucking with you seeing as frogman is the only person at the cabin that you can't play as, the therapist sessions are cool but barely effect anything, and then they just end suddenly while tying themself into the story even though that was wholly unnecessary. The characters aren't abysmal but none of them stood out to me and while everything before the wendigos was moderately entertaining in a cheesy B-movie way, it felt like it was taking itself too seriously from that point on, making the ending a real slog.

It's not as bad as David Cage games in the sense that it actually makes sense and it's not incredibly pretentious, but it's still not very good.
>>
>>339170408
Get murdered by dream burglars, Cage.
>>
>>339170783

Nice shitpost, kid.
>>
>>339170719
>Nothing wrong
this is so fucking used it's not even comic book tier
>>
>>339172627

Except it happened with a good reason unlike comics where it just happens to make you sympathize with an old guy who happens to be evil or someone close to one of the heroes. The guy is fucking ancient and just had some asshole literally crash through his house and kill half of the men on his payroll.
>>
>>339169870
>but so is Until Dawn.
Eat shit.
>>
>>339172884
>autists can't comprehend elegance in writing
>it's ok to use some tired trope because I wrote a justification for it
>>
Beyond: Two Souls was probably the only thing decent from David Hokage.
>>
>>339173194

What elegance? It's a fucking drama-thriller you autistic shit. And it's hardly that tired a trope as it doesn't happen nearly as much as you claim it does.

Seriously, if you're going to nitpick, nitpick on things that were actually bad. Like there only being ONE killer despite the constant hints that it could anyone both before the game's release and early parts of the story before they drop the fact that the killer is a man. Or how Cage originally wanted Ethan and Scott to be psychically connected.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>339172884
The problem with David Cage is that the scenes seem to be purely made just to get an emotional reaction from the player. Doesn't matter if it helps or hurts the plot. It's put in there to make you go "OMG" or whatever.
>>
>>339173261
that "game" is garbage
>>
>>339173714
I didn't call it a game. But it's not complete garbage.
>>
>>339173627

Pretty sure it just happened to give the player a choice between letting him die or sparring him because Scott saw the guy was something close to what he wanted to see in a father figure. The real problem is that when Scott's reveal comes around, it makes his aggression just seem like a random fit because he's either out for revenge for a woman he didn't really care about, or just a little pissed at nearly being killed by a copycat.
>>
>>339173261

No, that was would the first half of Fahrenheit and certain parts of Heavy Rain when the game wasn't making logical leaps on par with any scenes of a movie Jeff Goldblum plays a smart guy.
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 1362x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 1362x626
Reminder.
>>
>>339173261
It's literally not you subhuman. David Cage' games have potential when they sue multiple characters to play parallel. Since that gives the player the feeling that anyone can die.
>>
>>339174290
Site and person who dare write this?
>>
>>339173916
Beyond is the worst game that he has ever made
It's not absolutely hilarious like Indigo Prophecy and it doesn't have semi-competent use of button prompts like Heavy Rain
>>
>>339174396
IGN's initial review on it.
>>
>>339174108
>>339174427
I don't know how you could stomach playing those two.
>>
>>339174427

Hell, IP and HR at least are comprehensible until around their big twists before becoming hogwash. BTS is pretty much retarded Shamallamadingdong levels of crap right out of the gate.

Not to mention Ellen page is ugly as sin. She probably tried to sue Naughty Dog because Ellie from Last of Us was actually a cute teen unlike Page.
>>
>>339174632

Because Indigo Prophecy was very tight and nicely written until the point Lucas dies and then old lady was internets and hobos are the Templars or whatever. Meanwhile, Heavy Rain is largely alright until around the midpoint when the whore tries to Maya Fey it up with Scott and Ethan is just bumbling around doing cartoonish trials despite a literal manhunt being out for his head.
>>
>>339167014
What's that? an ad where they have to eat peppers?

That's dangerously close to wearing a monkey suit and prancing in front of a camera like a fucking child.
Gotta keep the sponsors happy though I guess.
>>
>>339165803

It was really annoying how neither Ethan or Scott could die until the end. And I know for a fact that they hyped the game as letting ANY of the four characters being killable right up to release.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.