[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well it is officially delayed....again. Why not just release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 299x169
Well it is officially delayed....again.
Why not just release a beta or demo to hold everyone over?http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016
>>
>>339161456
>Again

Wasn't 22 june their first release date?
>>
>>339161456
*farts*
>>
>>339161456
im kinda hoping they add something resembling multiplayer support.
>>
>>339161581
yeah

Disinformation surrounds this game on a daily basis
>>
It's because of ps vr
>>
Well, game comes out closer to my birthday now so, neat.
>>
>>339161634
xdd
>>
Because if there was a demo everyone would realize it's trash and no one will buy it
>>
>>339162676
kek

sounds plausible
>>
>>339161456
>why not release a demo
Because then people will realize it's novelty only lasts for a few hours, the hype will die and it won't sell.
>>
only people who care about this game have no idea about games
anyone with any video game sense knows how bland and boring this game will end up being
>same handful of biomes, animals, ships, and items recolored endlessly because procedurally generated content is utterly devoid of anything interesting and unique
the gameplay will have next to no depth. go to planet, shoot stuff, collect stuff, flip on becon, fight robots, leave planet for the next one. rinse repeat. no unique content or anything since everything is made from the same few base templates remixed together over and over.

imagine minecraft with no real building and crafting. skyrim with even else interactivity for the people to use.
>>
>>339162978
This. Have people forgotten Starbound?
>>
At this point all my hype for this game has gone out the window. I'll just wait til it's on redbox/under $15/the PS+ game of the month sometime soon
>>
>>339163019

I'm thinking Elite: Dangerous. That game has the genuine space aim part down, but gameplay is Bland. As. Fuck.

I think my $60 was justified back when it was in beta, I wanted Frontier to rock this game.

But nothing changed, they added a $40 driving simulator as DLC, and not that's excluding original backers like me.
>>
>>339162978

>>339163137
I am still going to buy it day one because I want to support small dev teams with big, original ideas, even if it is not quite as awsome as it sounds.
>>
>>339163397
>I want to support small dev teams with big, original ideas
but their idea is far from original

it's a walking simulator in space. it would be different if their idea was whole and unified with lots of content and passion put into.
so far it looks really generic. like something they shat out because walking sims with procedurally generated content is in right now.

their themes, ideas, and ways they allow the player to interact with the game is as basic as it gets. I haven't seen anything new in this game. just remixes of the same old tried and true video game mechanics.

this game and those devs give all indie devs/games a bad name. they aren't pushing anything forward, they're making dumbed down trash so they can make big bucks. they have no true passion for creating an awesome game, just passion for making lots of money from something that will sell well.
>>
>>339163760
That is a whole lot of assuming, anon
>>
my enthusiasm for even a game which i think will be bad was diminished greatly by ED's most recent patch. they have polished and fixed a whole lot of shit.
>>
>game gets delayed
/v/: FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>game comes out on the planned date, isn't complete
/v/: FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

no, fuck YOU, /v/.
>>
>>339161456
>to hold everyone over
Why?
What do they owe you?
>>
It's literally only two months of a delay why are you and so many others complaining so much?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.