[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone disappointed as to how much Yooka Laylee borrows from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 1024x576
Is anyone disappointed as to how much Yooka Laylee borrows from Banjo?

The most nostalgic thing about Banjo were those characters. Making a Banjo game without the Banjo Kazooie cast just feels odd and kind of further damning the chances we'll ever get another Banjo game from these people through some Microsoft legal trickery. Or maybe Microsoft actually knows of developers who would know what they're doing if they made a Banjo game, but now can't at all because fans will give them shit.

But it's not like they can use those, yeah I get that. But prior to the cancelation and revival of this project, the goal was to make a 'completely' different game that would still succeed Tooie. But then hey realized hey could only get a good budget if I came from fans so they had to make it near identical in premise. Which is a shame, really. But it's not like that's gonna stop me from buying it.
>>
>>339156423
>Is anyone disappointed as to how much Yooka Laylee borrows from Banjo?
Let me repeat something for you people. Something I've been repeating for a long time now.

YOU CANNOT FUCKING BEG FOR A SEQUEL FOR BANJO TOOIE FOR YEARS AND THEN CLAIM THAT SEQUEL IS TOO MUCH LIKE THE BANJO SERIES

This is EXACTLY the same fucking shit we got with Pokemon ORAS and Majora's Mask. You people BEGGED and pleaded and cried and then you whined like no tomorrow when you finally got them.
>>
>>339156423
The EDGE magazine said one of the developer's biggest worries is coming off as 'too much' like Banjo Kazooie. They want to harken back to that game style and make references to that world, but they also want the game to be it's own thing, too. I think it'll be fine.
>>
>>339156423
No, it's been like sixteen years. I don't want completely different, I want the same thing that nobody else has been doing.
>>
Your mom was disappointed by my dick in her face.
>>
>>339156574
But...I didn't do that?

I wanted Threeie. I got Nuts. I said "okay."

I still wanted Threeie. I heard whispers of a spiritual successor. I said "well that sounds cool"

Then it was revealed that that successor actually was Threeie except without the licensing to Banjo so it looks like a cheap (read: well made) knockoff. And now we're never gonna get a proper Banjo 3 because fans will botch at Microsoft that they're just trying to outdo Playtonic, even though they promoted the fuck out of YL at Gamescom like it was one of their own.

I said, "okay."
>>
>>339157163
Not only would a Threeie from MS Rare never happen, it most likely wouldn't be as good because the Banjo team isn't there anymore and is working on, well, Yooka Laylee.
>>
>>339157163
We were never going to get Banjo Threeie. This was the only way anything was ever going to happen.
>>
I'm fine with it being an exact BK clone with new characters. All I wanted was a new game and Rare wouldn't deliver.
>>
>>339156760
Say they made something as fresh looking as Hat in Time, that was just as inventive and fun and made a shitton of money. It would then be incredibly easy to approach Microsoft and ask them to make Threeie the way it should be made. And they'd bang it out by 2018, the twentieth anniversary.

I'm not saying that's very realistic, I'm only saying they should have at least waited it out past game number one to see how things progressed.
>>
Mark my words; as soon as this game hits it first delay, /v/ will abandon it and try it's best to destroy any fan love its built up.
>>
File: 1464300016183.jpg (280 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1464300016183.jpg
280 KB, 2048x1536
>>339156423

No. Because Banjo itself is a fun game, that Rare may never revisit. Also, if they did revisit it it'd probably not the best same or shit. NuRare isn't the same fucking company. I don't care if Banjo ever comes back, Yooka Laylee is a fine replacement. Playtonic being independent from a big publisher and this game being multiplatform are just better things in general.
>>
File: TriblestackScreenshot.png (898 KB, 1000x574) Image search: [Google]
TriblestackScreenshot.png
898 KB, 1000x574
It's basically The Force Awakens of the Banjo series. It's been so long that we need something to cleanse our taste, even if that thing is near identical to what we had before.
>>
File: 1462654810034.jpg (54 KB, 1000x530) Image search: [Google]
1462654810034.jpg
54 KB, 1000x530
>>339156423
>Is anyone disappointed that a game is being made that's exactly what they've been asking for for several years now?
>>
>>339156574
>with Pokemon ORAS
>You people BEGGED and pleaded and cried and then you whined like no tomorrow when you finally got them
Maybe because ORAS is missing half the fucking game.
>>
>>339156423
The devs wanted to make Banjo Threeie. The fans want to play Banjo Threeie. Even if they have to basically repaint all the old characters as new ones to do it, this is as close as it's going to get. Even if Rare made an actual Banjo Threeie, more of the old team is at Playtonic than at Rare.
>>
>>339157634

>as fresh looking as Hat in Time

Hat in Time does not look "fresh". Looks like the same shit I'd see from his TF2 mods. MechaBowser is a twat anyway. He put viruses in his games on a Mario fan game forum.
>>
File: 1457906399372.jpg (37 KB, 640x437) Image search: [Google]
1457906399372.jpg
37 KB, 640x437
>>339156423
>We want a true Banjo sequel!!
>This spiritual sequel is too much like Banjo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>339157402
And why is everyone so damn sure of this? You all remember the last time we received a Banjo game from these exact same people, don't you?

If you get Leigh Loveday to write the script and Grant Kirkhope to compose, coupled with some talent who could make a pretty looking platformers that's fun to play, you wouldn't be missing a damned thing. Double Helix did it just fine with Killer Instinct. Obviously if it was an option Playtonic would take priority as developers, but it's a lot less of a realistic prospect.
>>
>>339157812
Goalposts are, by definition, stationary.
>>
>>339157812
>MUH RNG FRONTIER!
>half the game
Lmao
>>
>>339157869
You know it's just me being the hypocritical hard ass. I certainly am not one to speak for the entire fan base. They're a lot happier and grateful, y'know.
>>
>>339156423

Let it fucking go. The characters in Banjo were nice but give this game a chance. Microsoft doesn't have any faith in a Banjo game working in 2016. If they made one it wouldn't be what you'd want anyway. Be thankful Playtonic even exists and we're getting what so many people asked for. This is my dream game.
>>
I'm actually pleasantly surprised how much they are distancing themselves from Banjo, emphasizing the Nonlinearty and expanding worlds
>>
>>339157940
He's not wrong. People enjoyed Emerald for three reasons:
1. Had the amazing region of Hoenn
2. Fused together the story of both Ruby and Sapphire
3. Battle Frontier
ORAS was missing 2 of those. So yeah, they did skimp out on a pretty fucking significant part of the game.
>>
>>339158025
I already said I'll be buying it. It looks fantastically made, the only thing I'm down in the dumps about is that if this takes off, even more so than Banjo in its time, it'll be a bigger killer of the Banjo series than anything Microsoft has done. And a lot of people are fine with that, I understand it's just me talking, but I am for sure going to miss the bear and bird a lot.
>>
>>339157925
I literally don't give a fuck about the context of your argument, I'm TELLING you why people do bitch and moan about ORAS specifically. Don't use that in your example.

>>339157940
>I like less content :)
>please, more cash grabs please :)
>it's fine if the game from 2015 has less content than one from 2004 :)
:)
>>
>>339157892
>Double Helix did it just fine with Killer Instinct.
You do have a point with this.
>>
>>339158072
This.

And the fucking rival popping up every 3 steps holy shit.
>>
>>339157690
It's hard to have a delay when they didn't even give a date.

Those guys also have the "when it's done" mentality. They also knows about n9 fiasco, there won't be a release date untill they're sure of their shit.
>>
>>339158072
Even with those things aside it just pales in comparison as remakes compared to hg/ss which added a bunch of new shit on top of including the crystal elements. ORAS could have been so much more.
>>
>>339158072
ORAS is also EASIER than the originals, which is fucking insane since RSE was easy anyway.
>>
>>339157835
At the very least it doesn't look something that Microsoft would sue out the ass if original Rare members weren't a part of it. It is possible for a game to FEEL the same as banjo but not look exactly like it, and mirror every aspect of it. If anything it's going a great disservice to the potential of the new series.
>>
File: 1345150430009.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1345150430009.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
http://www.strawpoll.me/10332813
>>
>>339156760
>No, it's been like sixteen years. I don't want completely different, I want the same thing
I hate gamers
>>
>>339158378
ORAS did contain new features (eg. contests having their own storyline, soaring, etc.) but it took away way too much.
>>
>>339158378
>hg/ss
I wanted to cry these were so good. I played the fuck out of Crystal and HG/SS did it so much justice.

Fuck ORAS was garbage.
>>
>>339157634
I don't know or care what A Hat in Time is and it's not what I want. I want redemption for over ten years of failed attempts at self reinvention. If they made a new and good game that wasn't anything like a proper 3D collect-a-thon, my reaction would be "that's great, when are you going to do the proper 3D collect-a-thon?"

You need to give up on this Banjo thing, it's never happening. It's over. If there was ever a remote possibility of Banjo returning to form, Yooka-Laylee wouldn't have happened to begin with.
>>
>>339158290
Right? (Unless you're being sarcastic, I can never tell here) And people ucking loved it! Who'd of thought Microsoft could make a great sequel to a golden age rare franchise? If people weren't so quick to write them off, we'd of probably gotten proper sequels for ALL the Rare series.
>>
>>339156423
I backed Yooka and I like how it looks so far.

I have never playeda Banjo game
>>
>>339157892

I love the new Killer Instinct and I think it blows the old KI out of the water in everything except some character designs. A lot of the S3 characters like Tusk and Kim Wu look like shit. Orchid doesn't feel the same to me either, but whatever I'm nitpicking.

My point is the could make Banjo a good game but it might not be what I'm wanting, and that's fine. Playtonic exists and seems to be giving me what I want, and if Rare ever did make a new Banjo game and get it right, I'd buy it. I just don't think it would be perfect.

Even games like DK Returns and Tropical Freeze have some flaws to me and thats why DKC2 is still imo the best in the series.
>>
File: 1463947421824.jpg (13 KB, 540x296) Image search: [Google]
1463947421824.jpg
13 KB, 540x296
Is this the ORAS bitching thread?

>Mauville city
>>
>>339158610
>I have never playeda Banjo game
Play them now.

>>339158638
Mauville was actually one thing I liked in ORAS, especially the upstairs.
>>
>>339158638
>Is this the ORAS bitching thread?
There's an entire ORAS bitching board
>>
>>339158497
It did, but they weren't quite on par with the likes of pokemon following, or the gb sounds, pokewalker etc. imo
>>
>>339158578
You don't know that. No one can say they know that. For all we know a great Banjo game from a new team is currently being delayed to shit so it doesn't have to compete with a spiritual successor. It's more Playtonic claiming ownership of Banjo and not letting anyone else try and do the same. Even Rare themselves have been pushing Banko nostalgia hard on their social media outlets, just so people don't get confused.
>>
>>339158230

Ah I see, I get that now. Kazooie and Tooie are two of my favorite games ever and I love the characters. I get what you mean.
>>
>>339158584
I wasn't being sarcastic. You were right about KI.
It all depends on who MS outsources it to, because Rare is fucking dead now.

However, there's also the possibility that KI was just a fluke. If you look at Double Helix's track record, it's pretty shit.
>>
>>339158704
>Mauville was actually one thing I liked in ORAS, especially the upstairs
I wish I didn't have to stop and load every 5 steps. I enjoyed it being the bigger hub town, since that how it was before, but holy shit was that annoying.

Plus they didn't even throw in a Voltorb Flip-like game for the Game Corner. Just a fucking closed sign. GG
>>
>>339156423
I'm not disappointed that Yooka Laylee plays too much like Banjo. I'm disappointed that the levels all look like aimless playgrounds. I prefer stages to have more of a focus to them that I don't think Yooka Laylee will have.
>>
>>339158610
>I have never playeda Banjo game
You have no real reason not to.
>>
>>339158064
The expanding worlds seem pretty interesting, as well as the streamlined collectables and Playtonics.
I think it'll probably be similar enough to BK/BT to feel like a successor but with enough new features to make it feel like more than a rehash.
>>
>>339157163
>spiritual successor
>no banjo license

You do know a spiritual successor means its similar but not the IP right?
>>
>>339157892
Killer Instinct was a miracle that happened because it was Ken Lobb's (the progenitor of the whole franchise) baby. It was put in the hands of a team chosen because they promised they could shit out shovelware in time for launch who just so happened to be huge fans of the game. Don't forget that it launched in a sorry state with six characters, and really it was only because Ken Lobb especialy pushed to make the game a "platform" for continuous updates that it really became good.

I think that kind of dedication is necessary to pull off something like this, and the Playtonic guys are staking their livelihoods on it.
>>
>>339156423
I don't give a single fuck, just whant my collectathon already !
>>
>>339158904
This. And that's one thing BK levels all had going for them. The second you step into something like Freezeezy Peek you're bombarded with a myriad of different spectacles to take in, each containing their own story and adventure. It's almost overwhelming because there's so much to do and you want to explore it all.
>>
File: tropics.png (2 MB, 1413x820) Image search: [Google]
tropics.png
2 MB, 1413x820
>>339158904
You don't like the look of this level?
>>339157724
>>339157696
>>
>>339158230
No it wouldn't you stupid fuck. If it got big and Microsoft started seeing both dollar signs and an example of someone doing it right it would be the best thing possible for your gay bear shit.
>>
>>339157892
>Double Helix got bought by Amazon
They didn't deserve that.
>>
>>339156423
>just feels odd and kind of further damning the chances we'll ever get another Banjo game from these people through some Microsoft legal trickery
But anon, we were NEVER getting that anyway. Microsoft wouldn't give the IP up because others could profit off of it, and the crew were never going back so that's out too.
HOWEVER, because of this game, Rare may actually put some effort into a real banjo platformer to stay competetive against Playtonic.
>>
>I WANT THING
>developers: ok, we'll make thing exactly as you ask
>THING SUCKS I WANT DIFFERENT THING
>>
>>339156423
why do we collect the golden cheezits
>>
>>339158896
That bothers me too. The original r/s/e didn't have any loading or gates between routes, it was seamless. Not to mention 60fps. The games may be prettier now but they sure as hell ain't as smooth.
>>
>>339159418
Software development in a nutshell.
>>
>>339159352
How the fuck is he flying that high?
>>
>>339158825
Then they shouldn't have waited ten fucking years to do it. Between the two logo changes, "our new audience knows us for Kinect Sports", and the parading around of old glory days and the documentation of the fall from grace in Rare Replay, I was so sure that I was never going to get what I wanted out of the team ever again. Yooka-Laylee is looking to give me that. I don't care if it isn't Banjo-Kazooie. It's time to stop being so hung up on the past.
>>
File: 1360807990467.png (39 KB, 225x283) Image search: [Google]
1360807990467.png
39 KB, 225x283
>>339158896
I knew there wasn't going to be a Game Corner in ORAS but I still felt immensely bummed out when I talked to the NPC in front of the closed-up joint. It's like GF wrung out all the melancholy and disappointment they could get out of the fact they weren't allowed to have it in the games anymore on purpose.
>>
>>339159352
They look fine, but unless it's just a hub that takes you to more linear platforming stages, it won't entertain my sensibilities.
>>
>>339159352
Any info on that translucent platform?
>>
>>339159023
When Nintendo couldn't work the licensing out for SMRPG, they didn't make 'almost SMRPG without the things we couldn't use", they made the Mario and luigi series and paper Mario. THAT, is a tried and true example of how a spiritual successor should be.
>>
>>339159560
I think the goal of that stage is pretty obvious. There's a big pillar in the background and you're trying to get on top of it, and there's a bunch of stuff to do along the way.
>>
>>339159050
And Ken Lobb has said he will find teams that will be sufficient for ALL of the Rare IP. But the biggest contending reason for why we won't get a new Banjo is because ALL MUH GOOD PEOPLE LEFT
>>
>>339159634
But that is making 'almost smrpg without the things we couldn't use' you just phrased it differently.
>>
>>339159634
Are you fucking retarded?
Nintendo OWNS MARIO AND LUIGI. If they change the mechanics and style of a game, licensing isn't a problem.
Playtonic can't just change some shit and use Banjo and Kazooie because they DON'T OWN THE CHARACTERS.
>>
>>339159560
Don't think this is the game to look for linear platforming stages. Or the genre to look for it really.
>>
>>339159379
So the spiritual successor is great hut the original is gay? That doesn't make much sense to me
>>
>>339157402
>Not only would a Threeie from MS Rare never happen
You know it was actually on the books before N&B tanked, right
>>
>>339159547
Makes you feel sad until you get to the post-game to see "Battle Frontier under construction" which symbolizes "yeah we know you old fans exist, but fuck you we ain't putting more dev time into this shit it's going to sell millions enjoy the Maison for another 2 years!"
>>
>>339159857
That was before they were bought by MS.
Banjo Threeie was going to be on Gamecube.
>>
File: Crash_Bandicoot_Cover.png (188 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
Crash_Bandicoot_Cover.png
188 KB, 300x298
>>339159827
That bothers the hell out of me. Whenever there IS a linear 3D platformer, people do all kinds of mental backflips to claim it's not one.

Take pic related for example. People have gone so far as to claim it's an FMV.
>>
>>339159857
and it will never happen because of that.
>>
>>339159787
aesthetic, music, supporting characters are all different and new and fresh. And yet it's still in the same vein as the original. That is what I was looking for when I first heard of the project in 2012. 'spiritual successor' was a term I also first heard in regards to paper Mario, which I had married it in my mind prior to all of this Kickstarter shit
>>
>>339156423
is that a cinnamon toast crunch?
>>
>>339159838
Good thing that's irrelevant to the point of the post.
>>
>>339159747
It took Ken Lobb a decade to make a new Killer Instinct and the only reason he got it was because he promised it as a launch title for the Xbone with less than a year of development time because suits realized they didn't have any other games. That is not the kind of corporate bullshit environment that I want to see a new Banjo-Kazooie come out of. And I won't, because it'll never happen.
>>
>>339160038
That was 2006. If they made Threeie starting then it would have absolutely tanked upon release. 3D platformers were seen as a complete gimmick aside from die hard fans. The biggest problem with nuts being a BK game is not that it wasn't a platformers, but that it wasn't a banjo game in which banjo and Kazooie and their friends were the focus. The cars were the star of the show.
>>
>>339160072
>And yet it's still in the same vein as the original.
What do you even mean by this? What do you want?
YL is going to have similar music, reminiscent characters and similar gameplay.
I don't know if you've done any research, but this game has plenty of aspects to make it a spiritual successor. Sorry it doesn't have a bear and a bird, but that's not essential for a spiritual successor.
>>
>>339160016
No, I'm not saying that linear 3D platformers aren't 3D platformers, but YL isn't supposed to be linear. Mario 64 as opposed to Galaxy.
>>
>>339158372
Too bad that Yooka Layee will take its place as the game /v/ will tear apart for "lying" to everyone. Hell, I'm surprised that there are people on here who still think that Half Genie Hero will ever come out.
>>
>>339160120
Microsoft is perfectly comfortable getting the money from YL on the Xbox one. There's no longer a need, nor a desire for a real banjo game from most of the fans. It's been filled. That's the point I'm framing.
>>
File: 1459685804759.jpg (26 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1459685804759.jpg
26 KB, 500x333
>>339160241

>If they made Threeie starting then it would have absolutely tanked upon release. 3D platformers were seen as a complete gimmick aside from die hard fans

Enough of this bullshit. We still got 3D platformers in that time through Mario Galaxy and even, dare I say it Sonic 06 which sold okay despite it being garbage. I know plenty of people, myself included that bought 360s when the Banjo trailer released in 2006. I'm sure there could have been an audience for Banjo on the 360 it it was done right. Stuff like Mirrors Edge proves you could take something that wasn't an FPS and have it do well for that audience. Banjo could have been Xbox's Mario but it was wasted.
>>
>>339160374
That is exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to say? You can make a spiritual successor that is just as good as banjo, without going through the original game and beat by beat copy-changing only what was already there.
>>
>>339160578
Of course it was wasted. But either Gregg Mayles or Microsoft had the final say in what would be there come release date and neither had an actual banjo Kazooie game in mind.
>>
>>339160241

3D platformer hate during that time always felt forced. It was like developers just wanted to do shooters to get COD money and said "Nope, you don't want a platformer heres what you REALLY want!".
>>
>>339160395
>YL isn't supposed to be linear
I know. And that's why it doesn't interest me. We could have a Spyro the Dragon-esque blend of levels with a linear focus while still having a lot of wiggle room, but YL is clearly made to hang on the coattails of BK and nothing else. That's not to say it's a bad game, however. It just isn't my cup of tea.

I'm not hype for YL, but I am hoping YL succeeds and this sparks the return of 3D platformers.
>>
>>339160603
What is it copying besides the basic gameplay premise FOR THE GENRE?
>>
>>339160603
Okay, then why have you been poorly presenting your point this whole time as if it needed to be Banjo?
This comment alone is proof you need to work on your presentation if that's not when you meant.
>>339159634
>>
File: Clankers_Green_Rings.png (280 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Clankers_Green_Rings.png
280 KB, 640x480
>>339159352
>it's like poetry
>>
>>339160449
>we don't need money from thing A because we got money from thing B

Said no company ever.
>>
>>339160713
>3D platformer hate during that time always felt forced.
That's because it was.
Mario was still going strong. Ratchet and Clank was still going strong. Sonic was still uh... Selling well, like you said.

They were hardly dead, just not the dominant genre like they were in the 90s.
>>
>>339160720
Okay, but linear 3D platforming still exists. Mario is keeping the genre alive and relevant. 3D World wasn't what I wanted at all, but it was great. It's only Mario 64-style open 3D platformers that are dead as disco.
>>
>>339160779
>implying anybody liked Clanker's Cavern
>>
File: 1464232112124.jpg (94 KB, 465x720) Image search: [Google]
1464232112124.jpg
94 KB, 465x720
>>339156423

Anon, you gotta face reality.

We'll never get another Banjo-Kazooie game because Rare has the rights to the game, and never bothered to make another game apart for total shilling with Nuts & Bolts. Just look at what they're doing with Rare's IPs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQeOYi3Be5Y

Playtronic is almost all the cast from pre-Microshill Rare, and it's was just bound that they would make another 3D Collectathon no matter what if they ever came back together. Yooka-Laylee is the successor of both Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, Conker's Bad fur day and all other collectathons they've made in therms of gameplay and humor. The old team knows how to make a game, and it's a damn shame they had to be shackled by Microsoft when they thought they were making a good decision.
>>
Yooka = Banjo
Laylee = Kazooie
Dr. Puzz = Mumbo
Capital B = Grunty
Dr. Quack = Klungo
Pagies = Jiggies
Quills = Notes
Trouser = Bottles/Jamjars
The Yooka Laylee logo = The Banjo Kazooie Logo

Having these constant ties to Banjo shoved in your face helps a new series about as much as it helps a game about building vehicles
>>
File: o-141189046-570.jpg (42 KB, 570x331) Image search: [Google]
o-141189046-570.jpg
42 KB, 570x331
Does anyone else think MN9 actually looks better than this game? Putting out there that I'm not trying to bait or troll, since it's the uncommon opinion. Honestly I just feel like with Yooka Laylee we're getting so much of the same, while MN9 is innovating and improving the genre. Albeit the graphics are a bit meh, but graphics aren't what makes a game great. Please don't flame me too hard lol
>>
>>339161124
There's one key difference that you're missing:

Yooka-Laylee : Being made
Banjo-Kazooie : Never happening ever again
>>
File: 1429388058086.jpg (61 KB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
1429388058086.jpg
61 KB, 711x400
>>339161124
>This fuckin guy
So tell me wiseass, how doesnt it help the series. Especially when the whole goal is to make a new banjo like game that the fans of the genre have been asking for a fucking DECADE now.
>>
>>339161041
>Playtronic is almost all the cast from pre-Microshill Rare

Is it all of them, exactly? I thought it was mainly a hand full of people from the team that worked on DKC1&2 and the Banjo games: http://www.playtonicgames.com/team/

I know there's a lot of other noteworthy Rare people out there are either still with the company (Gregg Mayles, Robin Beanland) or working on their own terms (Chris Seavor, Stamper Bros, the people that worked on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark RIP Free Radical)
>>
>>339161280
>Does anyone else think MN9 actually looks better than this game?
I'd hope not. Because MN9 looks awful.
>>
>>339160751
They didn't copy-change with paper Mario. The homage to the mode 7 graphics and the 3D-2D aesthetic, the style of music, the way your party worked, the fighting mechanics, all brand new. And you still had the same satisfaction you did playing SMRPG

Look I know I'm pretty bad at arguing, I'm just happy to be having an interesting discussion with others.
>>
>>339161280
So how much did you back MN9?
>>
>>339156423
As someone who had never played any rare game before, I don't give a fuck. I'm looking forward to yooka laylee though.
>>
>>339161368
If by working on your own terms, you mean stuck in mobile game hell then yes.
>>
>>339161280
>MN9 is innovating and improving the genre.
That near infinite dash shit doesnt improve it at all.
>>
@339161280
>MN9
>Pizza explosions
>Looking better than Yooka-Laylee

You dont even deserve a fucking (you)
>>
>>>339161384
I think it looks great. Gameplay looks 10/10, characters are amazing. What do you think looks bad about it?
>>>339161392
Only $100. Didn't want to break the bank lol
>>
>>339161280

Obvious bait post. MN9 isn't innovating anything. It's just reskinned Mega Man with a dash and shitty graphics.
>>
File: roysten.png (426 KB, 947x538) Image search: [Google]
roysten.png
426 KB, 947x538
>yfw yooka-laylee and banjo kazooie exist in the same universe
>>
>>339161363
>>339160779
Why do you think so many people have bitched about the Force Awakens being a copy of the original, or about George Lucas recycling so much shit in the prequels? Because they wanted a sequel, but they didn't want to be contsantly reminded of what made Star Wars so great. Why? Because A, they already knew that, and B, becaus they wanted a continuation, not half continuation-half soft reboot.
>>
>>339158491
>that nobody else has been doing
way to ignore the important part
>>
>>339158704
>>339158948
except for N64 emulation being shit
>>
@>>339161536 graphics aren't everything asshole!
>>
>>339160783
If they're already satisfying most banjo fans, what's the point in investing time and money into making something you're not at all sure will fair as well? It's much safer to just promote YL, just like they have been doing.
>>
File: 1462851562645.jpg (29 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1462851562645.jpg
29 KB, 320x320
>>339161621

Well theres no way for Playtonic to continue Banjo without the license, so why not make a new IP and try to do a better Banjo? So far that seems to be what we're getting. I see no problem in this.
>>
File: 1415309560517.png (312 KB, 640x592) Image search: [Google]
1415309560517.png
312 KB, 640x592
>>339161621
Big difference fucko
Movies are story driven. So recycling that gets old fast.
Using the same base or general formula for game sequels/reboots is a whole different animal, and is almost always what fans want. Plus there's always a shit ton of new challenges and shit that's different.
Seriously, why should I give a shit that there are character parallels you could say the same for when we went from Kazooie to Tooie.
>>
>>339161387
That was new developers putting their own take on a healthy franchise. This is the old developers trying to make a new franchise. Like they keep saying in interviews, they don't want Kanjo-Bazooie, they're trying to make a platformer using everything they've learned then and since.
>>
>>339161828
the banjo games emulate well
>>
>>339161856

What else is there to MN9? It got more money on kickstarter than Yooka Laylee did and MN9 looks way worse than Yooka Laylee. Inafune obviously used some of that money to help fund the fucking TV shows and movies he wants to do that no body fucking wants
>>
>>339156423

>A spiritual successor is too much like this thing we've been asking for for years but can't get

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>339162073
t. someone who's never emulated Banjo Tooie
>>
>>339162073
how well is well
does it not have sound, no textures, cutscenes are broken?
>>
>>339162037
But regardless of its quality (and it's looking pretty good anyways), 'Kanjo-Bazooie' is the perfect way to describe it. There's nothing new, nothing too unfamiliar, just enough so Kickstarter backers will get their donation's worth. If I was in their position id say that wasn't the goal either; because how would that make the premise of your game any more appealing?
>>
My 3 biggest concerns with YL are:

1. The way Yooka controls. I want something that feel quick and responsive, Banjo was ok to control but he was really slow (this became more annoying in the larger levels) and was also more slippery then he should've been.

2. Minigames. I want them to keep the focus on the platforming and not go nuts with all the minigames like they did in Tooie (e.g shoot all the baddies in a minute, repeated several times). They never really engaged me as much as the standard gameplay and felt like a nuisance at times.

3. World Design. The worlds need to feel big and at least feel like they have a lot going on. BK and BT were both good on this front but so far the YL stages seem a bit empty and kind of flat stylistically.

If they can nail those 3 things then I'll probably enjoy this game immensely.
>>
>>339162157
I've played and beaten tooie on a shitty high school computer via project 64 multiple times.
It's fine.

>>339162215
all of that shit is intact.
>>
>>339157724
But TFA was fucking terrible.

Episode 3 even shat all over it.
>>
>>339162037

They said they don't want it to be exactly like Banjo Kazooie, meaning they want the game to have some updates a 3D platformer might have in 2016. They have said from the start this is a Banjo spritual successor, which are supposed to be similar to the games that are succeeding. What were people expecting?
>>
>>339162145
If you took the time to read through this thread, you'd see I'm only half-retarded
>>
>>339161597
That's just a theory.
>>
>>339162262
>Banjo was ok to control but he was really slow
Why didnt you just use Kazooie's trot all the time? I know thats what I did.
>>
>>339156423
Uhh... no?
A banjo-kazooie game is exactly what people want and exactly what they're making, just with different characters so microsoft can't sue the shit out of them.
That's the entire point.
Microsoft will never make it and even if they did it will be more shit like nuts and bolts.

How delusional do you have to be to defend microsoft with their usage of rare assets?
They bought rare for brand recognition, they don't give a shit after that or else they would have let rare do their thing for fucking once in the last fifteen fucking years.
>>
>>339157724
>>339161621
>>339162326
Well, what do you know
>>
File: Rare_replay.jpg (44 KB, 280x354) Image search: [Google]
Rare_replay.jpg
44 KB, 280x354
>>339158610
>>339158704
>>339158948
>>339161828
>>339162073
>>339162157

I'd say the XBLA ports are the definitive versions of the games. They made some nice QoL improvements like the frame rate dipping in Banjo Tooie and the notes resetting every time you die or leave a world in Banjo Kazooie. Not to mention there's Stop N Swap, even though it's not that special.

You can also play the ports through Rare Replay on Xbox One. Kinda hoping one day it'll come to Windows 10 like a lot of the other Xbox One games.
>>
>>339162232
But it's not. The characters and premise are new, all of the gameplay they're talking about is new, and what they really are trying to keep are the quirks and a premise of a platformer duo in a collect-a-thon. They need to prove that they can master that to establish credibility.
>>
>>339162353
>>
>>339162408
>Why didnt you just use Kazooie's trot all the time?
I did. I just found it annoying having to hold a button down all the time.
>>
>>339161856
When people dropped 4 million on the game. They would probably like something that looks a bit better than a bad PS2 game.
>>
>>339162326
TFA wasn't terrible, but it did show that Abrams is a hack
>>
>>339162571
you'd have to buy an xbox though, and who does that?
>>
>>339162571
Too bad the frame rate in Nuts and Bolts is absolutely terrible in Rare Replay. I want to believe the people who say that it's an OK game in its own right but I can't bear to put the time in when its constantly running at 20fps or less.
>>
>>339162629
Thats how running works in every game dingus
>>
>>339162631
The explosion graphics look on par with a bad PS1 game.
>>
>>339156423
Other than the collectibles, the character personalities and the whole "non-flying animal with a flying animal to help them do flying shit" thing, there's still room for loads of shit to be different.

Besides, even if it does end up being super similar, this IS a sequel in disguise.

But I think it'll be a good mixture of old and new.
>>
>>339162575
>Yooka, a blue eyed, male, dull witted character who's named after an instrument

>Laylee, a green eyed, wise cracking best friend of Yooka who stays on his back and helps him move through the air.

>Yooka is polite to NPC's and is quick to correct laylee's condescending nature

Yeah they really did there best to make new characters on this one. definitely not the result of trying to make it as Kanjo-Bazooie as possible
>>
>>339162571
>I'd say the XBLA ports are the definitive versions of the games.
oh no doubt. Emulation is just the easiest way to play em.
>>
>>339162571
I hope so too.
>>
File: 1458504044685.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458504044685.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>339162906

>trying to bait post a spirtual successor game

It's like you don't even know what that means.
>>
>>339162593
I've had 'winter' stuck in my head for the past week
>>
>>339162776
Not when the game uses an analogue stick. In the 3D Mario games, subjectively the pinnacle of the genre, you don't need to hold down any button at all to run. My point still stands in that I think Banjo's max movement speed is still too slow for his games.
>>
>>339162841
I wouldnt even say that. They're the worst explosions i've ever seen.
Not even exaggerating.
>>
>>339162906
Last I checked we only have one line from Laylee and 0 from Yooka.
Although that one line does point to Laylee being Bazooie
But that's good
>>
>>339163009
I don't know how people expect to continue arguing my view points if they can't be bothered to read what I've already said
>>
>>339163047
And that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm in the minority of being bothered by that while most people are fine with it. And as a direct result, it is much less likely that we'll be seeing Banjo and Kazooie ever again.
>>
>>339163114
They have read what you've said. Most of it just retarded, like you admitted.
>>
File: 1437499599731.jpg (67 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1437499599731.jpg
67 KB, 960x960
>still falling for the "hi we're a bunch of nobodies who worked on this game from the nineties that aged like shit and we want your money to make one that's exactly the same shit but with better graphics" meme
>>
File: 1407699648860.jpg (34 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1407699648860.jpg
34 KB, 680x510
>>339163213
We were never going to see Banjo and Kazooie again in the first place. Microsoft saw to that.
>>
>>339163315
But they didn't refute the points, which should be easy if they are indeed retarded

In layman's terms it's what's known as an 'argument'
>>
>>339163043
it's just beta you hater it's a placeholder they'll fix it
>>
File: 1454024645245.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1454024645245.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>339163319
>>
>>339163213
>And that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm in the minority of being bothered by that while most people are fine with it.
Well no one cares about your personal autism over that matter.

>And as a direct result, it is much less likely that we'll be seeing Banjo and Kazooie ever again.
How many times do you need to hear that we werent going to get another one? It's been a fucking decade of radio silence.

If anything this game INCREASES the chance of Microsoft doing something with Banjo and Kazooie since if this game does well they'll want in on that market.
>>
>>339163408
>Will there ever be another banjo? Yeah someday. The best games come from teams who really want to build something

-Ken Lobb
>>
>>339156782
small penis huh?
>>
>>339163426
All I've seen is people refuting your points and your short term memory loss kicking in and immediately forgetting.
>>
>>339163519
It'll be more like Nuts and Bolts. Not what anybody wants.
>>
>>339163519
>Yeah, someday
That's PR speak for likely fucking never unless they see a good reason to.
>>
>>339163508
You can't write up my own personal preferences as 'autism' just because I'm in the minority.

Craig Duncan's point against rare making a new banjo was that there's nowhere to go in Banjo but retreading of familiar ground. I entirely disagree with that. But Playtonic did nothing but prove him right.
>>
File: 1453854687505.jpg (64 KB, 600x694) Image search: [Google]
1453854687505.jpg
64 KB, 600x694
>>339163319
>Grasping this hard

yeah the genre is hit or miss, but come on.
>>
>>339163626
Explain the reasoning behind them making a sequel to a game that sold mediocre and that fans fucking hated
>>
>>339163694
If it wasn't Ken Lobb talking, I'd agree with you.
>>
>>339163319
>BK
>aged like shit
Nope. They still play just as great now as they did then.
>>
>>339162906
Eye color is superficial and who cares, we don't know what their personalities are going to be like so you're making assumptions based off nothing, and none of this matters anyway.

They're also having expandable worlds, new abilities like the sonar thing, a stamina meter instead of individual resources, new levels and systems. That's what actually matters.
>>
>>339163948
Who is Kenn lobb and why should I trust what he says
>>
>>339163857
Them making that game in the first place instead of Banjo Threeie
>>
>>339163596
I was asked if I knew what a spiritual successor meant, which I already explained. I don't know what I'm missing there, aside from disagreeing with most people.
>>
>>339163948
Ken Lobb is not god. MS may have gotten better since Mattrick was shown the door. but I don't see the promised new Phantom Dust anywhere yet.
>>
>>339164009
Fucking google it
>>
>>339164016
Yes, they did that and the devs themselves agreed it was a mistake. Which is how things ended up the way they did now.

The question I asked is why you believed they would do that again
>>
>>339162262
>Minigames. I want them to keep the focus on the platforming and not go nuts with all the minigames like they did in Tooie (e.g shoot all the baddies in a minute, repeated several times). They never really engaged me as much as the standard gameplay and felt like a nuisance at times.
Couldn't agree more.
I liked the minigames in Kazooie because they more integrated into the regular gameplay. Most of them still had you in control of Banjo and Kazooie as normal, with a few exceptions (Tumblar's shack, sledding race). Stuff like the Tiptup choir memory game and Mozhand were nice little changes of pace.
On the other hand nearly every minigame in Tooie was a total chore and there were far too many of them, some of them repeated. I picked up Tooie expecting a bigger and better Kazooie and ended up literally shooting shit in a FPS pipe maze. It just wasn't fun.
>>
>>339163731
You havent made a good argument for why its bad.
All you've said is "This is similar and it bothers me"

Making anything within the same genre is "treading similar ground" plus there's a shit ton they could do with the series. They could replace the transformation system for one. Make it more platform based for two.
>>
>>339164000
Copying right down to the protagonist eye color is a pretty blatant example of refusing to stray from the familiar. And 'what matters' is that those elements make up the majority of the game.
>>
>>339164086
Okay I did and got this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Lobb

Which does nothing to back up why I should trust him
>>
Anon Playtonic flat out said that this game is basically Banjo 3 in new IP form
>>
>>339164312
How does superficial shit make up the majority of the game? You might have had half a point if Laylee started shooting eggs out her mouth. But instead everything that makes up the actual game is new, you're just ignoring it in favor of eye color.
>>
>>339164290
I gave examples of spiritual successors that still maintain enough things uncommon with their predecessors that you can simultaneously differentiate the two and also enjoy the two in the same manner. Spielberg likes to call Jurassic Park the spiritual successor to Jaws. But Jurassic park borrows very little from jaws at its core, other than the very broad premise of the movie.
>>
>>339157163
>NOW we're never gonna get a proper Banjo 3

You are a sad, strange, little man, and you have my pity.

BK3 was kill the second Microsoft got Rare.
>>
>>339164441
I thought they were denying that though? Saying that they didn't want to make it a repeat of the banjo games? If both those statements are real then there's quite a bit of contradiction going on.
>>
>>339164185
They would do it again because they haven't made Threeie already. Why haven't they done that if it's what we all want? They'll try and "innovate" again and we'll end up with more trash like Nuts and Bolts.

And this is all hypothetical anyway. I doubt we'll ever see another B-K game; that quote you pulled earlier from Lobb was PR speak.
>>
>>339164551
Okay, that's not an actual counterargument but a clarification on definitions.

Still not saying why treading similar grounds is bad either. So I guess it is your own personal autism.
>>
>>339164616
Don't know what the other guy is talking about. They've been pretty careful about saying that it isn't.
>>
>>339164456
I already pointed out a great deal that was far from superficial. I'm saying you could probably make something better if you weren't so tied to having every little thing originate from Banjo. It's not a good thing, it's a detriment. But it's what people want, which is the only reason why they're going this direction. Which I get.
>>
>>339164761
Because Banjo is a game from eighteen years ago and using that as a template and refusing to go anywhere else rules out any ambition within the project. It's a nostalgia fest, and that's not a bad thing at all, but it's not what I was looking for, nor do I find Banjo-without-banjo at all a nostalgic concept.
>>
>>339164927
But it isn't, because all of the actual gameplay things that matter aren't from Banjo.

It's not a question of what people want, it's a question of what the developer wants.
>>
>>339164889
But the truth of the matter is what they've said doesn't at all line up with what they've shown. They've also said that Microsoft had nothing to do with rare becoming what it is. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the games released on a Microsoft console, though.
>>
>>339165113
Pagies, quills, and ghosties function exactly he same as Jiggies, notes, and jinjos. And those are the most major of gameplay elements they've already shown of. And, oh yeah, a wizard who transforms the characters into different things to help them get more Jiggies--erm, pagies. This is sounding very new and fresh already.
>>
>>339165479
But you're the only person in this thread who wants new and fresh so badly.

Banjo Threeie is what the overwhelming majority of fans want, and now we're getting it with a different skin. Why does that bother you so much?
>>
>>339165479
But they don't funciton the same, apparently they'll do different things. The example they've given is about how Pagies are used in worlds to expand them. They're collectibles because that's the premise, but the details are all going to be different.

Even transformation is just a concept. The transformations themselves aren't going to be the same or have the same functions. That's the kind of thing that matters: abilities, systems, structure. It doesn't have to involve car-building to be new and fresh, especially when it's been so long since we've had anything like this properly.
>>
>>339165479
Collectathons usaully have something like Jiggies. Stars, Bananas, ect. They also always have things like the notes. Coins are the common one.

The only two you have a point with are Jinjo's and the transformations. Also they ARE innovating with the Ghosties, making them more than just randomly placed special collectables.
The trasformations are however definitely just re-using the old formula, but it opens things up for some interesting puzzles and such, so I'm not complaining.
>>
>>339160783
If the rumors about Half-Life 3 being postponed are true, then Valve is one company to have said this.

>We make plenty off of Steam and Half-Life 3 may harm our reputation.
>>
>>339165669
Yeah and that's exactly what I didn't want, and also what three developers are desperately trying to claim have not made.

Banjo-Kazooie is nostalgic to me. Banjo-minus-Banjo is not. That's all I'm saying. I know people don't agree with me. But if we do get a new Banjo that looks okay, people will mercilessly shit on it because it's Playtonic. And that will be a direct result of them having made Kanjo-Bazooie so efficiently. Doesn't make the game worse, it just makes it rather uninspired coming from some very talented devs.
>>
>>339165931
Now what if some ex valve members made a half life-eque game? Could you honestly say that you're content with never getting half life 3?
>>
>>339158904
They look like aimless playgrounds but, are they aimless playgrounds?
>>
File: 1449169213904.jpg (10 KB, 379x245) Image search: [Google]
1449169213904.jpg
10 KB, 379x245
>>339166024
I dont care about the formula being nostalgic.

I care about it because I fucking like the formula. I played the Banjo games for the first time like only 3 years ago. I also loved DK64 because I liked the style of game.
>>
>>339166343
I like it too. And I'll be buying and playing this to completion.

But my own personal enjoyment is tainted in knowing that the developers have solidified that Microsoft will never, ever have any motivation to make an actual banjo ever again.
>>
>>339157163
>And now we're never gonna get a proper Banjo 3

Who the fuck cares? We have Yooka Laylee. Who honestly for the love of fuck cares about Banjo?
>>
>>339166468

So? Banjo died years ago. Who the fuck even cares?
>>
>>339156423
>But it's not like that's gonna stop me from buying it
this is what every single fucking game company is based off of nowadays

they don't give a shit if you're not 100% satisfied just if you're at the satisfaction level that you'll give them the money

they're not here to make you happy. they're here to get your money.
>>
>>339166468
>Microsoft will never, ever have any motivation to make an actual banjo ever again.

Good. Yooka is a far more interesting character.
>>
>>339166468
>my own personal enjoyment is tainted
Why? Why can't you just enjoy it for what it is? Fucks sake dude are you that entitled?
>>
>>339166726
Yeah but nobody really shares my opinion, so 'voting with my wallet' is just kind of dumb if I'm still pretty looking forward to it anyway
>>
>>339166156
If we were never going to get Half-Life 3 anyway, at least someone would be making a new singleplayer-focused first person shooter we could all enjoy.
>>
As much as people complain about this gen being lackluster, one thing I seemed to notice is that niche games are much more popular than they used to be due to indies and kickstarters.
Can you imagine a game like this making a splash during the PS360 era? Or it being successful?
>>
>>339167750
I agree there does seem to be a sense of that.

>Can you imagine a game like this making a splash during the PS360 era? Or it being successful?
Fuck no.
>>
>>339161280
Isn't the dash from another game that they made?
>>
>>339162737
>not at least owning a 360 from when MS was the ps4 of its gen

Get a load of this faggot.

I get not owning a Xbone though.
>>
>>339162262
I enjoyed the mini games desu
>>
>>339167750
No, but I'd rather have water ready at the tap than an oasis in a desert.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 417x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 417x295
>>339162571
>TFW Been waiting for that game to finally come to PC
>>
>>339164085
Only because the team they put on the new Phantom Dust supposedly tried to embezzle their budget.
>>
>>339168610
So right now Ken Lobb is 1 for 2. Which isn't terrible, but he's at least not a consistent miracle worker.
>>
>>339168440
>having a 360 back when PSN was free
kek
>>
>>339158610
I was the same. I back YL despite never playing a BK game before. Until I got it on the bone.

>>339168470
I'm not sure what you're trying to say exactly. I'm a bit slow anon, mind explaining?
>>
>>339169340
>having a ps3 when PSN was dialup-tier

kek
>>
File: Adam-Brown-as-Ori.jpg (97 KB, 542x504) Image search: [Google]
Adam-Brown-as-Ori.jpg
97 KB, 542x504
>>339158072
But anon, this is a remake of R/S, not Emerald
>>
>>339157892
Sounds like your downplaying the importance of gameplay to a game.
>>
File: 678934567845678.jpg (138 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
678934567845678.jpg
138 KB, 579x570
>>339161041
That pic hit me way too hard.
>>
>>339157690
Only if it gets popular on Reddit and Tumblr. Otherwise it'll be an insane cult classic
>>
So is it gonna be like Banjo with an open sandbox level, or linear platforming?
>>
>>339169993
Open. At long last.
>>
>>339160016
Why the fuck do you want a linear 3D platformer? What's the point of it being 3D then? Just play a fucking 2D platformer.
>>
File: 1449807365511.jpg (78 KB, 659x506) Image search: [Google]
1449807365511.jpg
78 KB, 659x506
>>339157724
>>339159352
>it's basically the old Rareware CGI look made real in playable 3D
I feel like I'm the only one who's noticed this and loves it.
>>
>>339171538
it's bullshots m8
look at all the blur and dof
>>
>>339171538
It's a hell of a lot less detailed and less ugly than the old Rare renders.
>>
>>339171881
Yeah I mean, it's more polished for sure which is for the better, but the vibe is there.
>>
>>339171342
Mario Galaxy wasn't bad and that was mostly linear
>>
>>339171820
it doesnt even look visually impressive, just nice.
doubt its bullshots
>>
>>339171820
It'll look like that on the beefiest of computers, but most versions of the game will have a lower resolution, less AA, and maybe less lighting effects.
>>
>>339171820
Motion blur and depth of field are nothing new.
>>
>>339171538
No, it isn't. But that's exactly what they said it would be before the Kickstarter
>>
File: Edge_Scan1.png (1 MB, 1181x1564) Image search: [Google]
Edge_Scan1.png
1 MB, 1181x1564
>half of the thread in
>still no scans
Time to post the scans again, it seems like!
>>
File: Edge_Scan2.png (104 KB, 1181x1564) Image search: [Google]
Edge_Scan2.png
104 KB, 1181x1564
>>339173850
>>
File: Edge_Scan3.png (743 KB, 1143x1564) Image search: [Google]
Edge_Scan3.png
743 KB, 1143x1564
>>339173953
>>
>>339157892
Even if Banjo-Threeie was in the books to be made before the suits at Micrsoft shut it down since "people wouldn't like it", them making a game today wouldn't be the same. Microsoft is stubborn and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the people from Playtonic vouched against working with them after the damage they've done to Rare, and seeing it firsthand.It'd be better to see Banjo get outsourced to someone else. and Playtonic wouldn't happen because they know they have a good idea on their hands that could directly compete with anything Rare could possibly release in the near future

There was a reason Playtonic said they wanted to hopefully work with Nintendo but I don't think it ever got anywhere since they don't work with small indie studios aside from Shovel Knight
>>
File: Edge_Scan4.png (2 MB, 1143x1564) Image search: [Google]
Edge_Scan4.png
2 MB, 1143x1564
>>339174057
>>
File: Edge_Scan5.png (936 KB, 1145x1564) Image search: [Google]
Edge_Scan5.png
936 KB, 1145x1564
>>339174145
>>
>>339173251
>>339171820

>Beefiest of computers

Okay, that shit looks good artstically, but you seriously think it's that graphically impressive?
>>
Are you guys gonna put on your huggys and bibs and pour yourself a strong sippycup full of chocolate milkies when this comes out?
>>
File: Edge_Scan6.png (2 MB, 1145x1564) Image search: [Google]
Edge_Scan6.png
2 MB, 1145x1564
>>339174226
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.