[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hopes and fears for the DLC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
Hopes and fears for the DLC?
>>
Hopes:
>Aldia
>More about jewrpents
>New unlockable ending
>Blue Eye Orb

Fears:
>No Aldia
>>
>>339143591
I dont care, I just want it.

Fears:
>It will be more rushed and under-developed garbage because they are using all of their talent and resources on their IP
>>
>>339144210
>your talent can "end"
Nice meme. The souls games will live forever.
>>
>>339143591
>Hopes
The area is situated tangential to two existing areas, connecting them and providing an alternative path through the game. It will provide a new story and focus on new characters.

>Fears
It will take place in an area completely seperate from the main game and provide no branching path. It will feature some aspect of Dark Souls 1 from the past, completely focusing on a character that has had a lot of limelight.
>>
>>339143591
>Hopes
more stuff about the cathedral of the deep
>>
Hopes:
>It's good

Fears:
>It's not

Seriously though, as long as there's good level design, enemies and bosses and it's a considerable length, I'll be fine with it. New weapons and armor would be nice too, I'd rather like the pursuer sword back.
>>
>>339144609
this

i'm dying for more souls

i need the dlc now
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>339144609
I'd like to see this baby return myself
>>
>>339145017
it's a shame it did so little damage.
>>
File: 1400467569617.jpg (122 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
1400467569617.jpg
122 KB, 500x425
>>339143591

I hope it either;
A) Goes in a direction completely unexpected
B) Wraps up a few loose ends as a conclusion to the series

Also, a cool dagger. Daggers and reapers are the only weapon class lacking a cool "unique" special weapon.
>>
>>339145075
>he thinks its primary use was damage

Wow. Fucking wow.
>>
>>339144135

>More about jewrpents

this

bring back the jews!
>>
1 dlc in londor
1 dlc in unspecified angelic place.

Frampt with gwynevere as final boss for angelic dlc and kaathe with some humanity abomination for londor.
>>
Hopes: They fix the fucking pvp
Fears: They won't fix the fucking pvp
>>
Expansion of the Profaned Capital. The place was seriously tiny for a "capital".
>>
>>339145505
The pvp is fine, you're just bad

And if you're talking about the broken covenants, you can fix it with a family sharing account.
>>
So, how will we access the DLC this time?
>>
>>339145587
The pvp is measurably shit even compared to 2.
>>
>>339144135
>blue eye orb
Fucking this
>>
>>339145623
2 had better pvp but it was mechanically different

3's pvp is objectively better than 1
>>
>>339145587
How do you fix it on ps4? Do I have to make a new character?
>>
>>339143591

Hopes:
>Decent dark sorceries
>Cooler armours
>A new pyromancy flame that buffs chaos or dark pyromancies

Fears:
>None, really, I didn't pay for the season pass
>>
>>339145791
Ps4 and PC can make family sharing accounts and transfer saves. The reason for doing this is that new accounts are given higher priority for covenant summons. A-Team at work, folks.

At least, PC can transfer saves. Ps4 might have to make a new character.
>>
File: 1462629219619.jpg (567 KB, 708x2163) Image search: [Google]
1462629219619.jpg
567 KB, 708x2163
Will they ever top Ludwig?
Also, I really hope that there's a good, fun fist weapon.
>>
>>339145875
Goddamn it. Thanks anon
>>
>Astora
>more background on Gertrude and Winged Knights
>a proper dragon fight
>>
Hopes:

>Going back in time to save Gwyndolin

Fears:

>lots of recycled assets and no lore or cool stuff
>>
>>339145924
All the DLC bosses tend to be pretty good (apart from one or two really shit ones), so there's a good chance
>>
>>339146001
>don't plunge attack the first wyvern
>kill the second wyvern
>nameless king

There's 3 good dragon battles right there. What the fuck, anon
>>
File: 1434253754778.jpg (799 KB, 867x1228) Image search: [Google]
1434253754778.jpg
799 KB, 867x1228
>>339143591
Hopes:
>weapons that cast spells
>pyromancy catalyst
>new wacky spells for every magic type
>weapons with unique movesets and skills which don't look like dildoes
>good looking armor and robes

Fear:
>it's bad
>nothing new apart from reskinned weapons
>reskinned bosses blue smelter demon

Also I'd like plate skirt and dresses.
>>
>>339143591

I hope for a well structured area that gives off the sense of exploration filled with traps and dangers.

Fears: broken mindless must have meta items
>>
>>339146131
Blue Smelter, Gank Squad, and 2cat were bonus bosses. You didn't have to fight them to finish the main part of the dlc, and they were intended for use with summons so they're generally op.
They came out and said this before Sunken King came out and I don't know why everyone still bitches about it
>>
>>339143591

ORNSTEIN, THE REAL ONE

It's been enough teasing already.
>>
>>339146354
he's dead in archdragon peak

i feel the ornstein we fight in 1 is still his powerlevel even though he was an illusion
>>
Where do you think the entrance for the dlcs will be?

Will they just make a port from the shrine or will it be a transition from one of the other maps?

Opinions
>>
>>339143591
Hopes:
Give me the bone fist and the npc invaders better be Maldron tier.

Fears:
It doesn't include poise being turned on.
>>
>>339146553
If there's a Profaned Capital DLC or an Eastern Lands DLC, the entrance will probably be in that empty room down the stairs from where you get Wrath of The Gods and the Court Sorcerer set.

Dark Firelink is a possibility for an entrance too.
>>
>>339146331

Because it's awful, lazy, padding, probably just put in so that they could say each DLC had 3 bosses rather than 2. I know that those areas were sort of "demo" areas, since you could summon phantoms who didn't own the DLC, but they're showcasing the worst areas in Souls games. Optional content doesn't excuse it for being terrible.

If all the effort spent on making those areas was spent on just one more room that had the same level of quality as the rest of the DLC, it'd be worth the trade.
>>
>>339146868
From didn't learn it when they implemented chalice dungeons I don't believe they'll learn it now.
>>
Lizard staff
>>
>>339145415
i bet you lick cocks u lil fucker
>>
>>339147807
It's already in the base game, and perhaps better than lizard staff
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Storyteller's+Staff
>In all tests, the poison from the Storyteller's Staff did, at minimum, nearly three times the damage of all other Poisons, and scaled up rapidly to nearly four times the damage against bosses.
Pity it never fucking drops
>>
>>339149725
But it dosen't have a lizard
>>
>>339149725
>almost double poison damage than toxic

very interesting. anybody got any experience with this? how big is the cloud? what stat does poison resist scale off of anyways?

new meta?
>>
>hopes
>DLC called The Old Want
DS2 giants
DS2 references (drangleic, what vendick stole)
PURSUERS and some fucking backstory on them (there is literally none).
Aldia
the usual new armors/rings/good weapons

>fears
more DS1 fanservice only. I like DS1, but fuck, you teased my dick with the pursuer shield and some items from DS2, so give me some more.
>>
I just want to explore the shit out of Londor, the Sable Church and the Primordial Serpents business.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.