[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Vermintide? There's a free weekend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
What does /v/ think of Vermintide?
There's a free weekend running on Steam.
I like it, but the optimization is a bit choppy.
>>
>>339143505
Honestly it's quite boring, none of the heroes have any depth, loot is random and most of the game is going to point B from point A.
>>
bump
come on you slimey bastards
>>
>>339143505
only fun with friends and until you have played all the maps, otherwise its L4D with a warhammer fantasy skin
>>
Requires friends for it to be fun, its fucking boring otherwise and very frustrating as its very, very team orientated.

Good game though. With friends.
>>
>>339143505
they need to add more heroes
>>
>>339143865
i.e. it's a L4D clone.
>>
No dedicated server which means the community will die in 2 years
Laggy as fuck most of the time
A lot of bugs but at least they are fixing them
Every more multiplayer match is sanic speed running grind fest unless you are paying with your friends
The game seriously lacks depth and looting is shit
Still worth getting if you got someone to play with
>>
Excellent melee combat, good voice acting and characters, fun missions and a lot of hidden mechanics to learn. It was probably my favorite multiplayer game of last year.
The new DLC maps are good except the portal one which is mediocre.
The loot system has been constantly improving and the Quests and Contracts next month should finally fix every problem people have with it.

I had trouble running it at release but it seems they've optimized it a lot since then.

8.5/10, a great game with friends if you get hooked and spend a bit of time with it to get good. The game really comes to its own on Cataclysm, just like L4D on Realism Expert.
>>
>>339143505
I find it okay right now, I have a problem with loot being random
>hurr durr you gotta collect da tomes for better chances

That and I hope there is actually a lot of levels to this, L4D2 had 5 stages for each campaign. I'd buy it if it was 50% off or more.
>>
I had fun with it with some friends. Bots are fucking stupid and frustrating though. Considering picking it up as it probably won't be discounted more during the summer sale.
>>
>>339144127
I see a lot of people say this but what would it add to the game? Even right now soldier, dwarf and witch hunter feel pretty much the same to play. New characters would only deteriorate the character banter.
I'd rather see more weapons for the existing characters which would change up the gameplay much more than new characters would.
>>
runs like shit so i refunded it a while ago
>>
>>339144441
Odd, many steam reviews say the same thing but my completely outdated rig runs it fine when I tested a bit on the free weekend. Have they optimized it lately or am I just lucky or what?
>>
>>339144620
they optimized it heavily, tho the game is not free of issues
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.