[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
How do I beat this fucker?
>>
git gud
>>
Dodge/avoid his attacks. Wait for his combo to finish. Hit him for as long a string a combo as you can manage until he stops getting interrupted.
Repeat.
It's fucking Sigma 2, man. The whole thing is even more trivial than original NGII.
>>
>>339141959
I beat him the same way in both games
>>
>>339142080
Yeah, but Sigma 2 in general is just babified to a degree that defies belief. I actually struggled with NGII for a while, but I blasted through Sigma 2 without trying and had hundreds of thousands of essence with fucking nothing to spend it on. It's ridiculous. You could just spam any old combo with almost any weapon (especially the lunar staff, holy fuck that thing was broken) and just trivialise the game that way, no need for UTs or anything.
>>
>>339142406
I don't know, Sigma 2 actually asked you to do longer combo sometimes while you cut every limbs on the 2nd or 3rd hit in 2 anyway
>>
>>339142552
Yeah, but enemies just stunlocked for days for any given combo in Sigma 2, didn't really matter if you knocked limbs off or not. At least they could fight back properly in NGII. I actually went back to NGII the other day and immediately got my shit pushed in because I tried playing like Sigma 2 and was shocked by enemies actually being able to defend themselves and fight back. It was actually really jarring.
>>
>>339141959

How different is Sigma 2 to 2 on 360?
>>
>>339142406
did you play on master ninja?
the ayane chapter was quite hard.
>>
>>339140563
>Sigma 2

You stop playing that piece of shit and play NG2
>>
>>339142853
Oh yeah, the unique character sections were actually pretty tough and NM is as tough as ever more or less, but on the sub-NM difficulties it's just a completely different animal. I only started recognising it as NGII on about Mentor difficulty when they finally brought in the explosive shuriken assholes.

>>339142824
Surprisingly different. There are entire sections of the game that were removed and replaced with other ones, like the giant worm fight got taken out and they put in a bunch of shitty upper-half-of-giant-statue fights in the first couple of chapters. Plus the mechanics were reworked. Overally, I'd say Sigma 2 is way easier, for the most part.
>>
>>339142868

I don't have a 360 though.

Is it that much better that I need to add it to the list of exclusives that would warrant me buying the console?
>>
>>339142824
sigma 2 is a lot easier. the underwater fight is gone and the boss fights were easier. if i remember correctly in ng 2 there are a lot more of smaller enemies in each boss fight. in sigma two you have only to fight the boss. which is a lot easier.
in sigma 2 there are team missions you have to play in koop. these are a pain in the ass. theres one where you have to fight 3 bosses at the same time and almost every attack will kill you if they hit you.
>>
>>339143136
It's worth it for being able to play NGB instead of Sigma I, in my honest opinion. Best version of the best action game ever is more than enough reason. Assuming you don't have an original Xbox anyway.
>>
>>339143128
you are right. sub NM difficulties are extremly easy to beat. on NM it was only the first three chapters and the unique ones that were hard to beat.
>>
>>339143234

I have a hacked original Xbox and a hacked PS3. What are the differences between Sigma and Black?
>>
I never cared for the over the top super quick gameplay II had. I really liked how the first was, in theory it sounds awesome but it got annoying. Never beat it though.
>>
>>339143348
I've only played digital NGB on 360 and Sigma Plus on vita, which probably isn't the perfect representation of either game, but...NGB just plays more smoothly. I can't really put my finger on it. It's not even the framerate, Sigma just feels stiffer in comparison. There are design choices as well, like the shitty motorcycle ninja in Sigma are just a chore and don't really add anything worthwhile to the experience.
>>
>>339142853
Ayane was terrible in NGS2, especially when it came to bosses
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.