[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11
File: 111111111111.jpg (76 KB, 541x391) Image search: [Google]
111111111111.jpg
76 KB, 541x391
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>339137852
i really cant fathom what you were going for with this topic
>>
>>339137852
they made a good game
>>
>>339137852
being "perfect for your own genre" only works when activision and naugthy dog does it. Lid games are never perfect because they insult the reviewers maturity by default.
>>
It's a great game, I personally loved it, but I have a few complaints

-Having a robot doesn't fit Kirby at all, and non-robot sections are more free and fun. Animals were a better gimmick.
-Kirby is far too hardy and strong for the game to provide any sort of challenge
-Bosses are are not engaging or challenging at all, they're unreachable half of all of their fights
-cutscenes are too long with too much dialogue
-too much game-halting dialogue throughout
-Dark Matter fight was pitiful
-music ranged from good to just okay, a step down from Triple Deluxe
-too many moves per ability. I like a few moves per ability, but this game just goes overboard to where lots of powers feel OP and bloated
-clockwork star at the end of the true arena looks like shit compared to Nova
>>
>>339137852
Mega Man X ride armor while fun isn't exactly revolutionary

I don't know what you were expecting.
>>
>>339137852
> 82 is bad now
Jesus fucking Christmas people. 7 being average was bad enough. At this rate the 100 point scale is going to transition back to a ten point scale, with 90 being 0, and 100 being 10.
>>
>post-64 Kirby
>good
>>
>>339140710
You mean post-Air Ride, right?
>>
>>339137852
That's a good score.
>>
>Allt he complaints are probabaly "It's too much like Triple Deluxe"

It begins.
>>
There's really only 2 gripes you can have about the game, and they're both valid:

1. All the recycled content. Not only did they straight face lift from TD which facelifted RtDL, they crammed as much nostalgia and past content in this game as they possibly could.

2. That the robot theme doesn't fit Kirby. Kirby's no stranger to weird settings by any means, but the Robobot isn't exactly a good design.

Also, audio and instrument quality has taken a hit on Kirby games as of late, starting with RtDL.
>>
>>339139820
You are the first person I've ever seen someone complain about an ability having "too many moves".

The worst fucking thing HAL ever did was remove moves that Super Star on the SNES started and started making the games retain only 1 move per ability. That shit was retarded and a straight downgrade.

>a lot of powers feel OP
>every game has basically had Hammer as the best one
>even bothering to care about weapon balance in a fucking Kirby game
>>
>>339140936
It's a valid complaint, in Kirby's heyday the series was known for its variety. Adventure, Super Star, DL3, 64, and of course Air Ride were all pretty different in their premise, gameplay, atmosphere, art direction, and tone. There were consistent themes throughout but there was enough change/experimentation to stay fresh and have something for everyone
>>
>>339141291
Dream Land 3 is better than Super Star you casual pleb.
>>
>>339141291
I mean Super Star knew how to balance its abilities, they each had an appropriate amount of moves and Kirby wasn't as invulnerable to losing them. Robobot goes overboard.
>>
>>339141389
They're boring. On top of that, it straight up feels dated, with Kirby having no mobility in attacking to make up for the lost damage opportunity cost of just spitting Stars.
>>
>>339140996
>1. All the recycled content.
this never affected any score this year why only Kirby? Why not give uncharted or dark soul a 80? It's all recycled gameplay and references.
>>
>>339141670
Kirby isn't an acion game series.
>>
Can they please stop reusing the same engine as RotD already
>>
>>339141703
It is since Kirby's Adventure though.
>>
>>339141819
No more than Mario
>>
>>339141695
Because people expect more from Nintendo, especially when the graphics are outdated AND the reuse is starting to make the series stagnate. I had to make myself play NSMB2, NSMBU, SM3DW, TD, etc., and considering how "through the motions" those were, I'm not really excited for future entries.
>>
>>339141703
Then remove powers completely to make it a platformer like KDL1/Extra, because spamming one move is outright boring.

Personally, as much ecstatic fun as Milky Way Wishes is to play with powers on the fly, "one attack" proponents are just tasteless shitters.
>>
>>339140710
>Kirby 64
>good
>>
>>339141695
Can;t really make a fair comparison because I never played Uncharted but this game really lays it on thick (Besides Whispy because he's in every game)

Second boss is a mashup of like three previous Kirby Bosses. Every other fight besides Suzy is Metaknight or Dedede. FInal boss is just a catapault of "Remember Superstar?" and don't get me started on Metaknight's final bosses.

I never thought I'd ever say a game has too much fanservice but seriously. The CAPATALISM boss makes up for it though (But you have to fight Metanight too)
>>
>>339141291
>>every game has basically had Hammer as the best one

Abilities used to be lot harder to hold on to than they are now, even in Superstar

Ball and Throw were the best powers in Kirby's Adventure

The Dreamland Saga didn't even have hammer
>>
>>339142210
It's more boring to have too many moves than to have one. I prefer the middleground.
>>
>>339142316
It's the most flawed but it's still better than the newest games.
>>
Was this better than Triple Deluxe? I found that game really boring.
>>
>>339142483
>it's more boring to have more variety
The hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>339142982
Yes
>>
>>339142483
Now that I agree with.

I haven't played PR, but even though I'd eventually use the full gamut, abilities like Ninja did get overwhelming with the sheer number of moves, including some very useless ones.
>>
>>339141946
>Because people expect more from Nintendo
Other way around, they expect Nintendo to rehash shit all the time, it's why people were content with Galaxy 2 despite being basically a level pack for the first game.
>>
>>339143149
There is a tipping point when attacks just become useless fluff.

Leaf is useless, as a whole.
>>
File: 1449030262751.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449030262751.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>339142483
>It's more boring to have too many moves than to have one.
What? if you don't like using more moves per ability, just use one then.
>>
>>339141946
> Because people expect more from Nintendo
the other devs are not toddlers anon if you're going to grade Kirby on how some mechanics are I'd expect the "mature" games should not be coddled. Uncharted and the souls series are pretty bad at rehashing shit but both get a free ride.

>>339143212
if it was the other way around Uncharted certainly would have got a score around 7-8 which is the score it actually deserves.
>>
>>339143149
>focused game design is more boring than 50 powers that can all acomplish the same things
The hell is wrong with you?

Actually the more fluff is tacked on to already fine abilities the more samey and bland they all become.
>>
File: 01.png (314 KB, 523x536) Image search: [Google]
01.png
314 KB, 523x536
>>339140709
>8 out of 10 for the far and away best Kirby game ever made

We have to take this shit? Are we Sonic now? Do we just watch as Unleashed gets 3/10 because it doesn't star a bearded middle-aged nu-male?
>>
>>339143423
Are you being serious?
>>
>>339143212
That's clearly not true, otherwise Nintendo's sales wouldn't be declining and its franchises becoming irrelevant. Not even the mobile franchises are as strong as they used to be.

No, people just don't want Nintendo to change the addicting and more importantly tight core gameplay (see the running momentum bullshit in SM3DL or the Gamepad controls of Star Fox Zero).

Also, it helps for games to feel like an organic adventure through existing worlds (SM64, SMS, SMG1) instead of slogging through obstacle courses (SMG2, SM3DL, SM3DW).
>>
File: 1439434556764.png (4 KB, 222x211) Image search: [Google]
1439434556764.png
4 KB, 222x211
>>339137852
What's wrong? Triple Deluxe's score is 80/100. So, apparently, Robobot is slightly better.
>>
>>339142210
Do what Superstar did instead and give every enemy the moveset of their powers (TAC steals your powers etc).

Not that KSS was hard or anything but enemies not being walking targets was much more fun.
>>
>>339143438
That's just par for the course for more realistic series.

What, do you expect to wake up one morning and see the world made of yarn, and then the next day, have a chromatic aberration filter? Or a fish eye lens?

Uncharted and Dark Souls pretty well HAVE to look the same between entries, because it'd break suspension of disbelief and/or immersion, otherwise.
>>
>>339143816
Oh I agree with that, although that wouldn't help the issue at hand.
>>
>>339143816
That would definitely help.
>>
File: 1-1.jpg (93 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
1-1.jpg
93 KB, 570x300
A Nintendo masterpiece goes unappreciated in today's market of cinematic experiences. More news at 11.
>>
Inevitably the complaints were the same as every other Kirby game
>too short
>kirby is too strong
>game is too easy

You always know what you're getting with Kirby, it's the most consistently good Nintendo series. If you liked any of the Kirby games you'll likely love Robobot. Triple Deluxe got shit on by a bunch of reviewers for being too easy but it was comfy as fuck, theraputic to play and had the fun Dedede rhythm game. If you don't like the core idea of Kirby then why review it?
>>
>>339143992
Ironically Robobot's overly cinematic which drags it down a bit.
>>
>>339143771
Nevermind. Just found that Super Star Ultra has a 76/100.

So the problem is that these reviewers have a shitty taste.
>>
>>339144057
You'd have a point if it weren't for the fact that those 3 complaints don't apply to every Kirby game.
>>
i love kirby!!!!!
>>
>>339144083
Remakes don't ever get too good of scores because they're not new content.

That said, a remake should top out at 90, and KSSU deserves at least that (even though the plasticy movies and their soundfonts were a little ugly).
>>
>>339143992
About the only thing that should be taken away from KI:U is the characters' banter during gameplay.

And even that needs to be carefully monitored.
>>
>>339141331
>in Kirby's heyday the series was known for its variety.
The two GBA Kirbys games and Squeak Squad used the same engine, and DL1, DL2, and maybe Adventure used the same engine. Going for your logic, all the Kirby games doesn't have variety.

>Adventure, Super Star, DL3, 64, and of course Air Ride were all pretty different
I'm really surprised you didn't mention Canvas Curse and Rainbow Curse.

>There were consistent themes throughout but there was enough change/experimentation to stay fresh and have something for everyone
But that's what Kirby is still doing.
>>
File: KDL_Boxart.jpg (74 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
KDL_Boxart.jpg
74 KB, 640x640
Kirby is so cute!! cute!!!!
>>
>>339144753
not anymore
>>
>>339144679
>The two GBA Kirbys games
Weren't made in Kirby's heyday.

>and DL1, DL2, and maybe Adventure used the same engine.
That's wrong.
>>
So is robobot worth playing?
>>
File: MODS.gif (317 KB, 516x310) Image search: [Google]
MODS.gif
317 KB, 516x310
>>339144996
>Turning gorb into borb
>>
>>339144679
Not him, but:
>The two GBA Kirbys games and Squeak Squad used the same engine,
Yeah, and they were boring slogs, too. Just like RtDL, TD, likely PR.

>and DL1, DL2, and maybe Adventure used the same engine.
HA! Adventure is its own behemoth, for sure.
KDL1, KDL2, possible, but the themes and art changed up enough (copy powers and animal buddies aside) to feel fresh. Thankfully, not an aesthetic that they stuck with. The KDL/K64 games are as stiff as RtDL/TD/PR and the GBA/DS games. Kirby needs fluidity back.
>>
>>339145205
yes
>>
>>339143992
Shit controls and repetitive as fuck.
>>
>>339145205
Yeah, if you want more of Triple Deluxe it's pretty good.
>>
>>339145582
>>339145705
Cool, triple deluxe was pretty comfy.
>>
>>339145256
KDL3 is pretty quick and fluid, I think people are either misremembering it or haven't actually played it.

Kirby 64 is dated as fuck but it has the best aesthetic

You're right about the rest
>>
>>339139820
>-Kirby is far too hardy and strong for the game to provide any sort of challenge
>a Kirby game
>having any challenge
Also, there's True Arena if you want challenge.

-cutscenes are too long with too much dialogue
b8. The cutscenes has only like 1 or 2 minutes, and each cutscenes has only 7 or 6 dialogue boxes.

-Dark Matter fight was pitiful
Dark Matter was not designed for ground battles, so maybe that's why he's easy. I can't admit it was not fun, along the music, though.

-music ranged from good to just okay, a step down from Triple Deluxe
Nigga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7oYf4VSUh4&index=3&list=PLiGvWycRgz6gRBOA_epJJg-hGgwN0oXDz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw_H1J0eTfA&index=6&list=PLiGvWycRgz6gRBOA_epJJg-hGgwN0oXDz
https://youtu.be/gpF_awcmihk
https://youtu.be/n4op6S2MHHo
https://youtu.be/HzjufJD0WVY

And there's even more great music besides that.

-too many moves per ability. I like a few moves per ability, but this game just goes overboard to where lots of powers feel OP and bloated
Not fucking true. Ever since Super Star, almost all abilities are OP. You can remember every single move from any ability if you explore the moveset. I bet you hate Fighter, faggot.

-clockwork star at the end of the true arena looks like shit compared to Nova
Because it's Star Dream, not the true Nova. Plus, it was a neat move moving the things that were sticked around Nova to as pieces that attack you.
>>
>>339146669
>>a Kirby game
>>having any challenge
It doesn't need to be hard to provide some challenge. DL, DL2, Adventure, and Super Star are a lot better in that regard

>The cutscenes has only like 1 or 2 minutes, and each cutscenes has only 7 or 6 dialogue boxes.
That's too much. Kirby 64 handled cutscenes best, and Revenge of Meta Knight handled dialogue best.

>Dark Matter was not designed for ground battles, so maybe that's why he's easy.
Giving him a ground battle was a stupid move on their part, then. They didn't have to shoehorn him in there, they could have made something new and fitting.

>Not fucking true.
It is, when the enemies don't have move sets as well. They're just fee kills, it makes move sets pointless. I probably wouldn't care if enemies could put up a greater fight than they did in Super Star to compensate.
Anyway Squeak Squad may be mediocre in most regards but it had the best balance of focus and variety per ability.

>Because it's Star Dream
Yep. It's still a vastly worse design for their "race", Nova's various mechanical parts brought that design together.
>>
>>339146669
>linking not one, but two okay bleep bloop remixes sand canyon 3

How much of a new Kirby game's OST is comprised of original compositions? Like, 30%?
>>
>>339143536
Reviews don't mean shit man. Just enjoy the game, and enlighten people yourself.
>>
File: Critic Reviews.jpg (119 KB, 788x635) Image search: [Google]
Critic Reviews.jpg
119 KB, 788x635
>>339148958
I can't. They go by reviews.
>>
Only bad kirby game is that one on wii u.
>>
>>339149104
How about mass attack
>>
>>339149257
Hard as fuck but not bad
>>
File: 1287053435737.png (571 KB, 450x632) Image search: [Google]
1287053435737.png
571 KB, 450x632
>>339144996
He had a bit of an edgy phase there for a while.
>>
>>339149257
Arguably better than the mainline games. Play it, you fuck.
>>
>>339149257
Pretty repetitive and dull but they minigames are at least fun, despite being mobile game tier.
>>
I didn't like epic yarn
>>
>>339149949
its boring on your own but its really fun if you have a chill friend who likes cute stuff to play with, and will suck your feminine penis during breaks
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.