[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can this cancer be stopped?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1461248486988.png (85 KB, 384x142) Image search: [Google]
1461248486988.png
85 KB, 384x142
How can this cancer be stopped?
>>
it can't, we are too late
>>
We've already moved on to something worse, it's called Kickstarter.
>>
>>339137445
Kickstarter came first, and has actually produced games whereas Early Access is valve turning steam into the apple store.
>>
>>339137527
How much did Kickstarter pay you to post this?
>>
>>339137445
2012 called, they wanted you to back starcitizen
>>
>>339137249
it cannot be stopped, it's the new paid beta testing
>>
>pre-alpha
>early access
>8 bit
>survival open world crafting
>2deep4u storyline
>shitty chiptune
>memes
>>
>>339137249

Absolutely nothing wrong with this. Only problem are the people with no self control who impulsively buy anything.

Just dont buy it. Dont buy it and it wont affect you in any way. Not 1 single thing in your life will change if you dont buy it. Just dont give them money. Dont transfer your bank info over the internet and everything will be okay. Just dont input your credit card information. Dont purchase that product. Dont click the Add to cart button. Dont click the purchase button.
>>
File: Star_Citizen_ship_prices[1].png (638 KB, 1120x537) Image search: [Google]
Star_Citizen_ship_prices[1].png
638 KB, 1120x537
>>339137710
You want to revitalize the game industry, right?
You want to support indie devs, right?
You aren't poor or something, are you?
>>
>>339137771
>pre-alpha
can be good as long as it is free, like UT4 or Starmade
>early access
it will die soon I hope
>8bit
can be good or bad.
>survival shit
literally every game has been shit, there will never ever be a good survival game
>2d4u
like what?
>chiptune
like 8bit, might be good or bad
>memes
the memes must flow anon
>>
File: _5[1].jpg (9 KB, 133x190) Image search: [Google]
_5[1].jpg
9 KB, 133x190
>>339137249
who agrees?

early access should be a tool by devs to have swarms of people fucking with your game so you see whats broken and bugged

early access titels should be completely free

once the devs decide to release the game, the title gets removed from everyones steam library and you have to buy it now

maybe the devs can create timed early access phases to have dedicated testing for a while and then close the EA again
>>
>>339137527
First people were paid for testing games. Then a marketeer said let the dumb general public test them for free. A genius marketeer then found out you could actually ask people to pay money to test your game.

Then a brilliant guy went to the next level and just asked money for the idea of a game, no product at all just some concept art or text. We've really sunk THAT low.
>>
hopefully not soon, ill be releasing my next game on early access. I look forward to your support
>>
>>339138471
Next we'll be asked to contribute money to raise a child who may one day be a game developer.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.