[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dark Souls better than the worst 3D Zelda game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 352-1-1366164584[1].jpg (468 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
352-1-1366164584[1].jpg
468 KB, 900x500
Is Dark Souls better than the worst 3D Zelda game?
>>
no. darksouls sucks, it even makes skyward sword look good
>>
>>339132673
It's better than most 3D zeldas.
>>
>>339132673
Combat? Dark Souls
World? Debatable, but I'd say its more opinion based
Game play outside the realm of combat? Zelda
>>
>>339132673
For years you kept seeing people wanting Zelda to go full M rated and dark and I'm pretty sure Souls scratched that itch.

When Demon's Souls came out and actually made Zelda's boring as fuck combat into something that requires some skill and planning it completely blew Zelda out of the water.

Demon's Souls also did secrets better and dropped the terribly boring puzzles that Zelda has been sticking to for years. I don't think anyone has ever actually enjoyed the baby easy block pushing puzzles or "light all the lamp" type rooms, but every fucking game has had them.

Souls is 3D Zelda perfected, 3D Zelda now stands as this awkward intermediary step between good 2D games and good 3D games.
>>
>>339134817
k
>>
File: 1334114718993.jpg (312 KB, 1274x1022) Image search: [Google]
1334114718993.jpg
312 KB, 1274x1022
>>339132673

Action-wise Dark Souls is way fucking better than any 3D Zelda IMO

Story-wise is more of an opinion but overall Zelda is better

Exploring-wise I fucking dare to say Souls games are better than Zelda since the rewards are potentially better (Weapons, rings, magics, fucking complete areas) than Zelda (heart pieces, skulltula and some magic that's not that useful)
>>
File: sack sucking whore .jpg (50 KB, 358x637) Image search: [Google]
sack sucking whore .jpg
50 KB, 358x637
>>339135273
>story
>Zelda is better
>>
>>339132673
dark souls is better than all zelda games, so yeah
>>
File: Steel Caliph.jpg (331 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
Steel Caliph.jpg
331 KB, 1284x722
Zelda biggest dumb bitch whore in the world.
>>
>>339132673
Zelda is a fucking boring series that plays itself.
>>
File: takeshi.jpg (11 KB, 250x196) Image search: [Google]
takeshi.jpg
11 KB, 250x196
>Comparing a RPG with an Action Adventure

THat's the real problem here
>>
>>339132673
I'd say Dark Souls beats most of them, but it can't compete with Mayora's Mask and Wind Waker. Not sure about Ocarina of Time, because it's one of those games that were revolutionary at its time, but even as a child I hated the bland dungeons, the mechanics and the dull towns.
>>
>>339138178
>Action Adventure
I never understood this term. What distinguishes these games as "adventures"? What distinguishes them further from light RPGs? I remember when "adventure game" used to refer to titles like Full Throttle, but then every other game started being called "adventure-something".
>>
I dunno, are oranges better than apples, OP?
>>
>>339139281
Yes
>>
>>339139240
Zelda is definitely an action game, but some people refer to it as an adventure game because it does have adventure elements, such as being able to carry items and use them to unlock something etc, also puzzles. It's not an RPG however since it doesn't have character customization; there's a few weapons and shields and armors, but they are pretty much all forced into you (they aren't optional), also there's no levels, stats, etc. Those things pretty much define video game RPGs, some people will tell you that in RPGs you have to "play a role" but that's just a meme.
>>
>>339138178
what the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>339138178
You think Soulsgames are RPGs?
Could aswell call Zelda an RPG.
>>
>>339132831
It's better than every zelda game combined
>>
>>339136402
It shouldn't at all be controversial that the Hero of Time games make use of storytelling and cinematic techniques of all kinds in ways that equal or surpass anything that Souls has accomplished.
>>
>>339140980
Good thing games aren't movies so cinematic techniques dont equal good techniques.
>>
>>339132831
>>339140534
These incredibly exaggerated comments brought to you by Autis-mo. Remember; If you need something so absurdly stupid/oversighted it makes your nose want to bleed, Autis-mo has you covered!
>>
>better than the worst 3D Zelda game?

That's low-barring it. Of course the best Souls game is superior to the weakest Zeldas, it's vastly more interesting to explore than anything TP has to offer. Against the very best Zeldas though, it's going up against some serious mettle that it really doesn't match up to.
>>
It can't be worse than Spirit Tracks.
>>
>>339141073
But in this case they do. On of the things that makes 64 Zelda great is how it can manage to produce advanced 'cinematic' effect, without necessarily taking control away from the player. Scenes like leaving the Temple of Time, enduring the final countdown on the Clock Tower (even going as far as playing out the giants failing to grapple with the Moon in real time if you try to summon them before gathering them all) are amazing alone, but the entirety of the games are presented in hand crafted ways on order to carefully define their feeling. Souls is much dryer in this respect.
>>
>>339132673
Despite what many people seem to think, Zelda and Souls games are enjoyed for completely different reasons.
Souls does a few things really well, while Zelda does a huge amount of things at the same time
>>
>>339141452
lol shutup faggot
>>
>>339141452
Yeah except all the fucking unskippable cutscenes
>>
Yes since Majora's Mask is the only good Zelda.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.