[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why DIDN'T /v/ like Crimson Gem Saga? After digging up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1457047782462.jpg (73 KB, 250x430) Image search: [Google]
1457047782462.jpg
73 KB, 250x430
Why DIDN'T /v/ like Crimson Gem Saga?

After digging up my old PSP I got around to replaying it, and it's easily the best JRPG on the console.
>>
No takers?
>>
>>339128372
Korean Brand Grind (TM)
>>
>>339128583

But it wasn't grindy. Like, at all. Hell, I skipped most random encounters and it never even approached hard.

A good build can compensate for a lot in this game.

And it wasn't made in Korea (I think).
>>
It was pixel indie lameness before it was the hip thing to do.
Also, it doesn't have very deep or intricate mechanics or systems to it.
>>
I loved the game, it's a solid RPG.

I love the take on the Healer also acting as the Tank. (Also the plot twist at the end forcing you to fight the last boss with only three party members instead of the usual four).

Art style is great, too. The game becomes easy if you grind at the reverse infinte dungeon thing though (Forgot the name) to the point where you can just steamroll the current chapter you're in.
>>
>>339127341

I thought it was pretty good.
>>
File: D&D_Shadow_Cleric.png (649 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
D&D_Shadow_Cleric.png
649 KB, 680x1000
>>339130659
>I love the take on the Healer also acting as the Tank.
That's called a cleric, dumpass.
>>
It's poorly balanced and generally unremarkable outside of the art.

There are significantly better JRPGs available on the console, like Growlanser 4. Even if you narrow it down to just games with purely traditional JRPG-style combat, Hexyz Force is largely superior.
>>
>>339128736
South Korean game.
>>339132016
We need more class variety in rpgs that give fixed roles to characters.
Anyone played Astonishia Story? It's the first game in the series.
>>
File: art-001.jpg (279 KB, 1257x2016) Image search: [Google]
art-001.jpg
279 KB, 1257x2016
>>339132812
Forgot my pic.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.