[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is a game's soundtrack to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1245053845214 copy.jpg (622 KB, 936x936) Image search: [Google]
1245053845214 copy.jpg
622 KB, 936x936
How important is a game's soundtrack to you?
>>
Very.
>>
File: 1462819816341.gif (453 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
1462819816341.gif
453 KB, 440x330
>>339127274
very. First is gameplay second is ost. It´s what shapes the atmosphere of the game, it´s what makes good bossfights 10/10 bossfights. I played many games because I found their ost on youtube and liked it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sITJuWV3HXg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

very
>>
>>339127274
more like this
>>
Quite important, should be the second highest priority after gameplay.
>>
It's important to me that it's not bad enough to be jarring. If it suits the game enough that I basically don't notice it, I'm happy. Noticeably super awesome soundtracks are still great of course, just not expected.
>>
One of the most underrated things that can completely make or break a game.

I don't think MGR would've been liked at all had it not been for the music.
>>
>>339127527
Was this made by the same people who did the Majora's Mask soundtrack?
>>
major part that determines whether I replay a game or not
>>
>>339127426
Like what? Enlighten me
>>
>>339127895
the same can be said for hotline miami, that game would be trash without it's soundtrack.
>>
>>339128261
hotline miami for example. Found its soundtrack and fell in love
>>
>>339127895
>One of the most underrated things that can completely make or break a game.
This. Half the reasons Touhou even persists as a franchise is because ZUN is a better BGM composer than actual game designer.

And Uematsu and the other composers were more than a little responsible for Final Fantasy surviving as long as it has.
>>
One of the most important things in a game
>>
Without a good soundtrack, a game can lose a lot of its impact.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWVij6r4QBw
>>
If it complements the gameplay and in some cases even adds to it, it is one of those most important things you can have in a video game

if its just generic shit for the sake of having a soundtrack, its completely useless
>>
Very. I've bought games because they had great soundtracks (if nothing else).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.