[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: iKAa9.jpg (130 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
iKAa9.jpg
130 KB, 460x215
how is this
>>
Terrible, bland, boring, easy, simplistic

Take your pick
>>
>>339127114
It's a total load of wank.
>>
God of war is very superior I don't think I even finish darksiders cause it was that boring
>>
Pretty enjoyable. Not too long, unique items, secrets to explore. Like LoZ really.
>>
>>339127459
yes
its honestly the most boring game I've ever played. Marlow Briggs is better.
>>
>>339127114
A decent Zelda Clone if linear. I actually find it superior to its more open sequel. Very few games have the balls to start with the extermination of the human race and not be about trying to save or revive them
>>
>>339127114
Edgy Zelda with God of War style combat.
It's okay, don't know what these spergs are all about.
>>
File: 1390336416198.jpg (354 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1390336416198.jpg
354 KB, 1024x768
First game is okay but skippable.
Second one is great.

This isn't an opinion, it's fact.
>>
>>339127114
legend of zelda with edgy characters
meh combat
meh character design
meh atmosphere
collect this collect that, hit the boss in the eye etc

a pretty average game to be honest
6.5/10
>>
Second one is much better.

First one is really dull because once you've fought the first boss you've basically experienced how the combat is going to be for the rest of the entire game. It's repetitive, dull, and forgettable. Is it horrible? No, not if you got it for $5 or less. More than that? You'd wish you had your money back.
>>
They're zelda games.

I think the second one is worse though, combat is way better which is obviously a good thing, but you spent about 60% of the game on a dull, boring, grey world fighting boring uninspired skeletons.

That said, i like both of them.
>>
Third game never.
>>
>>339130962
nuh uh, Nordic Games got the rights to it after THQ died
>>
i enjoyed both games.

Darksiders 1 is an okay game, decent in most respects without being really great at anything. it has, like others have pointed out, okay characters, okay world, okay design, etc. it does play out a lot like if GoW and Zelda fucked. i enjoyed my time with it, though i got it for cheap so that certainly factored into that.

Darksiders 2, on the other hand, i REALLY enjoyed. first off, Death looks like a fucking McFarlane action figure/statue, especially by the end of the game when you get the high-level armor and stuff. seriously, he would look perfectly in place in Spawn. anyway, the combat and design of the second game is much, much improved, and the (more-or-less) one-time-useful items of DS1 are replaced by powers and items that are slowly doled out but used throughout the entire game world--even to the point that you can go back to some previous areas to get to other places you couldn't explore.

my problems with Darksiders 2 are mostly of the nitpicking variety. i think the game is a little too easy--both of them are--but it's still fun, and the second one on the hard mode is actually a lot better. unfortunately, i think you have to beat the game first to play it. DS2 also has you spend an inordinate amount of time in the second map, while the third and fourth are somewhat truncated in design and use. i think they were running out of money for the game or something, because the last few areas feel a bit rushed.

i recommend playing both of them, but only if you actually will play BOTH of them--and in order. the story isn't spectacular, but by the end of the second game it's really built up quite a lot.

and then you can join everyone else who liked the games in being furious that there never will be a third, fourth, and possibly fifth game.
>>
>>339131465
>the (more-or-less) one-time-useful items of DS1 are replaced by powers and items that are slowly doled out but used throughout the entire game world--even to the point that you can go back to some previous areas to get to other places you couldn't explore.

DS1 did this as well. If you wanted the Abyssal Armor and various collectibles, you'd have to revisit earlier areas and use your later game tools to reach previously unreachable places.

As for OP post, I enjoyed both games a lot, though the second could have been better, if it weren't for THQ's imminent demise during its development. Also, dat ending.
>>
I didnt really see how it was a zelda game because its so fucking linear.
>>
>>339127114
It's like a mix with Zelda and Soul Reaver. I love it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>339137203

The beams.

Redirect the beams
>>
Don't play the first one. Definitely play the second one.
>>
It rips off Zelda without understanding the nuance of what makes those games good.

The "world map" is a proper mess.
>>
File: 20160404121509_1.jpg (516 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160404121509_1.jpg
516 KB, 1920x1080
>>339137418
Excluding Atlantis point-and-click series with its mad as fuck difficulty, this was one of the toughest puzzles I encountered in video games, I spent like twenty minutes teleporting wights between those platforms.
>>
Darksiders 3 when

I want to play as the dynamic Strife and Fury duo, with co-op
>>
This whole thread is completely mad, the first Darksiders is a brilliant Zelda clone with over-the-top artstyle in the likes of WH40k, and second game is a tedious shitty Diablo clone full of backtracking where your level and random loot defines everything in combat, so there's absolutely zero reason to explore the world and hunt the optional bosses who are just trash mobs with bigger health bars. And you won't believe how annoying it becomes during dead world chapter where you have to get three special object each of which you get by going through a dungeon where you collect three special objects.
>>
>>339138293
>over-the-top artstyle in the likes of WH40k
Really? I thought it looks like Warcraft more
>>
The only things that kept me playing Darksiders 1 were the cut scenes. Atmosphere is really good.

Darksiders 2 got richer gameplay but the atmosphere wasn`t as good anymore. Way too fluffy. And the balancing sucked.
There is a part in the game where you fight in an arena to get better shit for your character and I finished it before the story. After that I was basically immortal and the end boss was a joke. Overall the story was meh.

Just because story was more enjoyable and better presented I say first one is better.
>>
>>339139501
The worst thing about story n 2 is that after a fantastic finale of first game that was setting up this insane grand battle between united horsemen and all the forces of heaven, hell, and charred council you get some stupid filler shit about death going on a completely unrelated journey to the lands of dorfs and skeletons and fighting someone that had nothing to do with the story and was already dead before it even started. Closest it gets to the main events is by introducing Samael's waifu who probably was the one that tempted Abaddon, but who again doesn't do anything important in the game's own story.
>>
>>339127114
It's and edgy zelda
>>
>>339137596
>It rips off Zelda without understanding the nuance of what makes those games good.

That's true of virtually everything that 'rips off' Zelda. Holy shit does that not stop Okami fags though.
>>
>>339140157
Zelda games are not good. Both Darksiders and Okami are way better games than any of Zelda entries.
>>
>>339140296
It doesn't surprise me that someone like you thinks this way. Go on then, explain. Tell us why these games are so much better then every Zelda.
>>
>>339140640
Better art-directions, better combat, better dynamic overall, better dungeon layouts, better characters, better bosses, better unique mechanics, better organized UI. Just off the top of my head.
>>
File: darksiderswar_1280w.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
darksiderswar_1280w.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>>339127114
the first game is pretty good, but I may be biased because there are so few demon apocalypse games and I fucking love that setting

the second game is horseshit though, godawful port, open world done wrong, just tedious most of the time
>>
i herd that their Darksiders 2: DEATHfinitive edition was also a shameless cash grab that fucked up their already shitty previous port (no longer available) and the publisher bugged out immediately after release without ever having the neo-devs patch anything
>>
>>339140640
lol
>>
It's like someone took a 3D Zelda game, but gave a Heavy Metal style. And it's pretty good.
>>
First one is stupid fun, don't know what's wrong with this thread.
If you liked zelda, play it.
>>
File: 2015-11-29_00104.jpg (434 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29_00104.jpg
434 KB, 1920x1080
I really liked the voicework and character animation during cutscenes. Holy fuck, especially Samael and Vulgrim were a joy to watch and hear in each scene, especially during D1. D2 also did some damn good work in that regard and Death's voice acting turned him into a rather memorable character for me.
>>
>>339142375
Yeah, voice acting is pretty good in the series, not LoK tier, but definitely above average.
>>
File: ds_02_2.jpg (244 KB, 1000x1440) Image search: [Google]
ds_02_2.jpg
244 KB, 1000x1440
>>339131465
>McFarlane
Joe Mad is the creative director. Here's Strife
>>
File: ds_04.jpg (135 KB, 700x1075) Image search: [Google]
ds_04.jpg
135 KB, 700x1075
>>339143668
And here's Fury
>>
>>339127114
A much better "adult" Zelda than Twilight Princess was.
>>
>>339138617
well Warcraft is just reskinned Warhammer Fantasy

>>339143668
>Battle Chasers never
>>
>>339143824
http://www.battlechasers.com/
Wot?
>>
>>339143824

I dunno, it has that "everything looks like it's made out of stone or clay" look that warcraft has.
>>
>>339140157
Eventhough OoT is my favourite game of all time, Okami was the best console game that generation.
>>
This was the only game for me that made me care about the story
Darksiders 1's ending is fucking awesome and 2 feels like a filler but I really hope 3 will come out
>>
>>339127114
Was alright. I got it on the steam sale last month I think for $5. As you can tell, people are pretty split between whether the first or second is better, and if either of them are really decent at all.

Personally I lean towards the 2nd one. The first definitely has a better story, as the second doesn't really do much with it. Also might argue it has better atmosphere, since it takes place in post-apocalyptic Earth while the second is mostly in more fantasy realms.

That said the second has better gameplay imo. Yeah many may complain about the more stat-reliant loot system but I prefer more customization to the more static mechanics of the first. And DS2 still has plenty of 'unique' weapons, as well as special weapons that can be customized.

And otherwise, there's just more to the second. DS1 is pretty straightforward and doesn't have much to do beyond just picking up collectibles in the overworld, while DS2 has a number of optional quests and dungeons that grant XP rewards.

Neither game is all that hard though, so it's debatable which is more difficult. Both are pretty easy to break. While you can break DS2 easily if you make some effort to get any decent weapon with health steal, DS1's lunge attack is overly exploitable and it isn't as hard as a whole imo.
>>
Couldn't go past the first hour of the game. Combat is way too repetitive and the story is fucking edgy and uninteresting.
>>
>>339144537
>edgy
elaborate?
seems like you are just throwing around buzzwords
>>
>tfw Guardian boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yIwPovQKxQ
>>
>>339143668
I'd love to have him play like a mixture of DMC4 Dante's gunslinger and trickster style, with a few Sniper Elite style long range sections to mix things up. I have no idea how Fury's gameplay would look like.
>>
>>339144675
Loved the Guardian fight for the atmosphere and that grand bgm track, though my personal series favorite is still the spider queen from DS1. Almost no bullshit quitcktime, just pure reaction, whittling away her health and adjusting to her patterns. The fight incorporated the newly introduced gadget (the chain), testing your mastery of the new mechanic, which is what a boss fight should do. Overall a damn good boss fight.
>>
It's actually quite bland, yet one of the few games I've bothered to play lately.
>>
>>339128942
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
>>
It's a boring and bland as shit hack n slash with no goddamned similarity to Zelda. When will this meme die?
>>
>>339127114

Really good, one of the top ten Zelda games for sure.
>>
>>339127114
I like Darksiders 1. It's something between Ocarina of Time and Soul Reaver.
>>
comfy during puzzle and generic fights moments, really annoying during boss battles.
>>
"Would you serve in heaven or rule in hell?"

"I choose what a coward once did not."

That whole ending sequence is still one of the most hype inducing game endings I've experienced.
>>
>>339127114
It is a B movie version of DMC & God of War.

I actually enjoyed it.
>>
What does is mean if you think Zelda is shite and you like Darksiders?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.