[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Make Human Revelution, which is excellent >Make Thief,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
>Make Human Revelution, which is excellent
>Make Thief, which is absolutely garbage

Why should I be hyped?
>>
They didn't make Thief, different team
>>
>>339124201
Where do you see this? All I'm seeing is that they were both done by Edios Montreal
>>
You shouldn't, for anything. It's better to be pleasently surprised every so often than constantly disappointed.
>>
>>339124201
>literally different people
>all the people in charge of decisions were fired almost immediately
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/04/layoffs-hit-thief-developer-eidos-montreal
>>
>>339124407
Thief was initially announced in 2009 under the working title Thief 4 (stylized as Thi4f), after rumours of its development. Developed at Eidos Montreal, the game was handled by a team other than the one that made Deus Ex: Human Revolution.[17] The development team was initially kept small, and the game remained in concept phase for a long time. During this, numerous experimental design changes were proposed, such as having a third person perspective, having a new protagonist, or environmental clambering similar to the Assassin's Creed series of games.
>>
>>339124478
>>339124565

Well thank fuck. I was baffled playing Thief that the HR devs could fuck up so badly when they got it right with HR
>>
>>339124697
They still made the awful DLC mission. You should be extremely wary of anyone who thinks that taking away player's options makes the game more fun.
>>
>>339125354
Missing Link? I thought it was decent. Definitely shouldn't have been shoehorned into the final version of the game though.
>>
>>339125354
>Yeah, the escape scene in DX was also awful. Fuck that shit.

-You, I assume
>>
I really haven't been impressed with this game so far. I feel like the concept just can't be as enjoyable.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.