[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When are QTEs acceptable? As boss/combo finishers? In fast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: qte1[1].jpg (313 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
qte1[1].jpg
313 KB, 800x450
When are QTEs acceptable?

As boss/combo finishers?
In fast paced reflexive intensive games?
Cutscenes?
Entire games themselves (ie Asuras Wrath)?
>>
Never. It's just fucking lazy design.
>>
I'm ok with them in beat em ups and stuff, like Asura's Wrath and Bayonetta, but most other genres have no place for them. Especially games that have no business having them in the first place, like shooters.
Asura's Wrath's final boss is GOAT and he's basically just QTEs with some pretty easy combat in between. The way they have the boss fail his own QTEs near the end of the fight was so fucking hype.
>>
>>339122628
I really need to replay asuras wrath. I never bought the dlc for it even though its the true ending...god damnit capcom
>>
>>339122240
Only two games I ever enjoyed QTEs in:

>Shenmue
Because the QTEs there were meant to simulate something sudden happening that most people would not be able to react to, it was immersive and did not have major consequence if you failed.

>Wonderful 101
The QTEs are basically impossible to fail and just serve as a space for a cinematic moment where you can rack up some bonus points.
>>
>>339123995
Didnt shenmue basically invent qtes as we know them? But I agree I think they fit in the game
>>
Cut scenes are a great place for them, as long as failing them doesn't force you to do it all over again. Bonus points if failing it just leads to a different outcome. If I'm gonna have a movie to watch in a game, might as well give me control of it.
>>
i'd like to see none at all

Cutscenes are okay if kept short. No cutscenes at the beginning would be the best option, just let me play the game already, fill the blanks of the story within gameplay.
>>
What game is that
>>
>>339124332
Ninja blade (From software, 360/PS3
>>
>>339122628
>Especially games that have no business having them in the first place, like shooters

You would hate Vanquish
>>
File: cutscene ends.webm (2 MB, 447x330) Image search: [Google]
cutscene ends.webm
2 MB, 447x330
>>339124276
>Cut scenes are a great place for them

webm related
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.