[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: destiny.jpg (318 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
destiny.jpg
318 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
Just about everything
>>
I'm be a bit long about this so I'm bumping for time.
>>
Many things

Mostly cut content which would be later sold as DLC
>>
Halo: Reach
>>
File: Dumb Bitch.jpg (140 KB, 482x689) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Bitch.jpg
140 KB, 482x689
>>339118660
Lack of story.
Things the player does has no impact on the world, despite being told by your side kick robot that it will.
Grinding.
Repetitive quests, most are "Go here, kill enemies, scan computer." or "Go here, kill enemies, pick up items"
And much more.
Plot holes and dropped story points, pic related.

It's a shame, the core gameplay is fantastic, but wasted on shitty levels and quests. The lore is genuinely good too and would more than make up for the lack of story, but you have to go to Bungie.net to even see any of it.
>>
manages to take just the right combination of elements from a bunch of different styles of games (mmo's, mission based co-op, etc., single player fps) that it ended up being all around nothing
>>
Well, for starters actual starters.

Awoken tutorial cut
Exo tutorial cut
Stuck with the human intro with a bunch of elements that never show up again.

The space pope isn't actually evil anymore
All those fucking cut missions that were never even retooled for the acti version of the game.

It's not possible to have a city raid anymore against the pope and fight your fellow misguided guardians.

Multiple zones on planets were forcibly cut with the new deal with acti.

ALL OF THE FUCKING CUT FACTIONS AND THEIR STORYLINES AND MISSIONS. I mean jesus christ the alpha database had some very impressive things in it.
>>
>>339119401
The main thing that killed it for me was the hype, if you'd ever been on the Destiny forums pre-launch and pre-beta, you'd understand that we hyped it up as a super awesome game with tons of content that'd last forever. Sapce battles, diplomatic negotiations, basically a giant space rpg. Because it wasn't that, it really sucked from the get-go for me.

But personal things aside...
>little to no content, the game itself is like 4 hours long
>sandboxes are pretty small, if they were even 1.5x bigger, it'd be super cool
>only one location on earth
>little to no lore, and all the "lore" there is is on grimoire cards
>>339119621
>i don't have time to explain why i don't have time to explain
>objectively top tier builds/weapons and armor, extremely limiting customization outside of exotics
>way to much grinding
>if you didn't buy the dlc, you're fucked, and if you did but played before the taken king, all your shit's useless now
>online only
>not enough raids
>too much focus on the hive not enough on the fallen, the cabal
>many more things that i don't remember offhand because I haven't played in like almost 2 years

What went right?
>gunplay is tighter than a virgin's cunt
>at least attempts to have many different alien races, which will fight eachother
>it is actually fun, especially with friends until you realize there's nothing left but pvp
>several more things i can't remember
>>
>>339118660
Its hard to feel like the special hero, when you're swarmed by asshats all wearing the same gear sets.
>>
>nothing you do matters
>shit hubworld
>useless, non-interactive environments
>can't unequip things
>boring halo reach shooter
>no story
>little cuck ball follows you every where
>boring guns
>dumb levels
>copy paste missions
>reused areas
>lame enemies
>bad guys have more health = ""challenge""
>no permanent melee weapons
>most weapons suck
>armor and weapons matter too much
>no world state change
>literally everything
>>
>>339121390
>no permanent melee weapons
But that's wrong.
>>
>>339121605
Not on launch nigger, it was all guns.
Then a DLC came out and you could wield some giant ass unsightly thing for 2 minutes IF you picked it up. I was tired of this shit game by then.
>>
They didn't release it on PC.
>>
>>339122032
And then another DLC came and gave you an exotic sword.
>>
>>339122147
That was like a year later though. I was tired with the game by then because it lacks content.
>>
>>339122039
>destiny
wow I just realized they never released this on pc, what a bunch of retards, hahahaha making a 500million dollar game and not selling it on pc chalk full of microtransactions, fuck that is hilarious, they deserve the failure
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.