[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a video game character that has had harder life than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: latest.png (100 KB, 231x479) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
100 KB, 231x479
Is there a video game character that has had harder life than Simon?

>gets in a car accident, girlfriend dies
>gets brain damage that eventually kills him
>wakes up in the future finding himself trapped beneath the ocean in a desolate nightmarish facility filled with murderous, insane robots and monsters in a post apocalyptic, lifeless world with no friends, no family, no one, almost completely alone
>has to come to terms with the fact he's a fucking cortex chip mounted in a corpse fused to a diving suit
>along the way has to make choices concerning many other people's lives
>has the weight of the future of humanity on his back
>has to go on along arduous journey, getting mauled along the way
>gets copied and has to kill himself, dying again
>gets his arm ripped off
>after "saving" humanity, gets left beneath the ocean completely alone with no one left, not even his solitary AI friend, armless, in the darkness
>all throughout this constantly on the brink of insanity from having an existential crisis
>>
Bump, I'm curious to know of anyone than can compete.
>>
>>339118154
What game?
>>
>>339119090
Soma, it's really great. One of the best plots I've seen in a video game ever, really.
>>
>>339119090

walking simulator: under the sea edition
>>
File: snake rain coat.jpg (11 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
snake rain coat.jpg
11 KB, 550x410
>>
>>339119176
You need to play more video games
>>
File: Kazuya_render_2.png (1 MB, 681x2223) Image search: [Google]
Kazuya_render_2.png
1 MB, 681x2223
Hero from SMT 1

>Girlfriend gets kidnapped and sacrificed because she's got the same name as some other broad who's a part of a prophecy
>Mom gets eaten by demons that invade his house
>Dog gets fused into a demon and fucks off
>Tries to stop Thor the United States Ambassador from nuking Tokyo
>Fails miserably
>Gets timewarped into the future where Tokyo is completely in ruins and fucked by demons
>One of his friends fuses himself into a demon so that he can stop a gang leader trying to kill them, becomes power crazy and has to be put down
>His other friend dies, gets brought back to life by angels and forced to become a pope to lead the forces of heaven, has to be put down
>Tries to get rid of both demons and angels, again fails miserably
>In God's dystopic Millenial Kingdom is revered as a hero who brought about the golden age while in actuality he was unceremoniously slaughtered in some cave somewhere
>>
>>339118154
Dragon Quest V
>>
File: welp.jpg (50 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
50 KB, 800x600
>>
>>339119176
It'd be an ok plot if not for how absolutely retarded Simon is
>Gets explained no less than three times how the mind copying thing works
>Gets super pissed off that the mind copying thing works exactly how it was explained to him
>>
>>339120365
>she had the means to save herself on her the entire time, she just didn't know it
>>
>>339120419
Yeah, that's silly but I just assumed he was willfully blocking that aspect out of his mind so he could continue to go on and not go insane, and embraced the delusion that he would make it onto the ARK.
>>
>>339118154
>gets in a car accident, girlfriend dies
>gets brain damage that eventually kills him

thats it

pic rel is a fucking robot with fake memories and fake feelings that wakes up in the bottom of the sea, then he gets cucked by his own copy, and then that copy gets fucked by some other ai
>inb4 robots can feel
no they dont you fucking synth lover
>>
>>339120365
Am I getting v& for googling that?
>>
>>339122794
Nah, but you're probably be grossed out.
It's called Demonophobia, by the way.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.