[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you video game rpg fans willing to give a tabletop rpg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
Any of you video game rpg fans willing to give a tabletop rpg a try?

Just asking in general, not looking to get a game going or nothing.
>>
Yeah, I'm just never sure how to roleplay. I generally play RPGs for the gameplay, not for the story or characters. Hence I don't play very many of them.
>>
>>339100912
I would be willing to try if I had friends to play with.

I don't.
>>
>>339100912
Starting a pathfinder game this wednesday, it'll be my first time playing tabletop. Wish me luck
>>
I only play video games because I have no friends
>>
>>339101110
Gl man
>>
File: 1359083003230.png (388 KB, 677x422) Image search: [Google]
1359083003230.png
388 KB, 677x422
Tabletop is first and foremost a social activity. You have to listen and talk with other people.

I'm into solitary stuff.
>>
I've been DMing DnD since I was 10. If you check down your local tabletop shop they should be able to hook you up with groups. It's fun as fuck if you get a group of people that like to have funny. Super serious RPers I find a bit intense, I run my games with plenty of room for jokes.

>>339101110
Have fun, I hear Pathfinder has some neat stuff.
>>
I played one once. It's more of a thing to do with people you know.
>>
File: _screaming_commences_.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
_screaming_commences_.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>>339101320
Serious groups kind of cross that line of autistic and fun, but I play with a group that's got two normies and they make meme jokes all the time while having no originality at all with decisions and roleplay. I'd kill for one guy to keep them in line
>>
Despite what stereotypes would have you believe, tabletop nerds are actually way more socially well adjusted and friendly than video game nerds. You need to actually be capable of having friends who like hanging out with you just to play most of the games.

So expect most of these losers to say no, OP.
>>
>>339101110
If you're not already friends with everyone, bring food. Everyone likes the guy who brings food. Like the guy in an office who's a hero for bringing a box of donuts, so is the guy who brings doritos to an RPG. But you don't want to be the guy who brings cool ranch, you want to be the guy who brings 3d jalapeno, ya dig?
>>
>signed up for 3 separate campaigns
>all of them either haven't started yet or are on hiatus
>simultaneously overwhelmed and blueballed on tabletop stuff
help
>>
File: CgMV6ARWIAAJvP5.jpg-large.jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CgMV6ARWIAAJvP5.jpg-large.jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
I just started Tabletop gaming this year, after strictly only vidya and board gamin'.

I'm involved in two D&D campaigns, one that meets weekly and another that meets monthly, and then I run a Star Wars Edge of the Empire campaign with some friends, one of which is a vidya youtuber.

This is his character sheet. It always seems to get some laughs from /tg/, so maybe /v/'ll like it.
>>
File: 1457382327242.jpg (417 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1457382327242.jpg
417 KB, 1536x2048
>>339101761
I always rolled a gnome illusionist.

In other words I seriously played a silly character.
>>
>>339102198
I'm guessing he flies the ship?
>>
>>339101070
same.

i played, lik, half a campaign of d&d in hs. the group i played with became disinterested in the campaign as it became interesting tho
>>
>>339102330
We haven't gotten a ship yet. My campaign starts with our heroes trying to escape Coruscant which is under Imperial Blockade after the destruction of the Death Star.
>>
File: 1440366523923.jpg (158 KB, 1006x729) Image search: [Google]
1440366523923.jpg
158 KB, 1006x729
>>339102198
>Eyes: Dead
>Build: Not Attractive
fuck
>>
>>339101320
>>339101761
>that guy who rolls a min-max character based on whatever anime he's watching and acts just like that character and even plays fucking anime music and HAS to be the center of attention

One time we had a great guy who loved Sailor Moon and was playing a female spellcaster and he was really passionate about his character and confident so he could RP well. He kept BTFOing the other anime guy and stealing the spotlight from him since he was charismatic and not an edgelord.

All in all, I miss playing AD&D. Seems like back then groups were capable of paying attention, being serious yet still have room for funny scenes and actually rolling with organic jokes instead of memespouting or being anime.

I've always wanted to have a campaign with custom classes but I know there are going to be so many min-maxers and animefags I don't bother.
>>
>>339102198
Tell him that MGSV > MGS2 and that Gothic is infinitely superior to the witcher.
>>
I'm running a Legends of the Wulin campaign right now. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite rule systems, though a few mechanics are a bit difficult to grasp.
>>
>>339102198
I was about to comment on how pathetic this character was, until I looked at the name
>>
>>339100912
I would definetely play a digital version of dungeons and dragons boardgames.

I lvoe that shit, but its just too much of a ballache to set up and clean up a game like that.

But Wizards of the coast will never make this game because its much easier to jew people with new sets and rulebooks every month
>>
File: 1277517361474.jpg (294 KB, 382x486) Image search: [Google]
1277517361474.jpg
294 KB, 382x486
>>339102858
>But Wizards of the coast will never make this game because its much easier to jew people with new sets and rulebooks every month
Those swine.
>>
>>339102842
I've been trying to get him to play Gothic. He says he will eventually.
>>
>>339102858
There's always things like Roll20 and Tabletop Simulator
>>
I am, but I'm painfully shy and don't have any friends that share my interests.
>>
Me and a buddy of mine really want to get into it but two people's not enough and the rest of my mates don't care for it. I might check out the role play society when I go to uni later this year and see what happens from there.
>>
>>339102994
Tabletop simulator doesn't have in game character sheets which sucks
>>
File: 1462517608489.jpg (31 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
1462517608489.jpg
31 KB, 670x503
Played D&D nonstop for about 5 years now. Got a Pathfinder Kingmaker nearing its completion on roll20 and a 3.5 game with rookie university pals.

While I love having rookies to show around, I find that MMO players make roleplayers.
>>
>>339101320
I've seen both sides. I know group that played a pokemon tabletop and then half the group had a panic attack and ptsd when a bad guy pulled out a bat and hit someone. They freaked and talked about internal bleeding and how they were committing assault, player said they were so distressed they couldn't speak anymore for the rest of the game and only communicated with the group and dm by writing.
>>
>>339103175
terrible roleplayers*

>>339103201
How does a pokemon RPG work?
>>
>>339103201
That's dumb.
>>
>>339103201
Lol, what system were they using?
>>
>>339103281
They were really dumb people that got upset their light hearted kids pokemon game had someone use violence.
>>
>>339101110
>pathfinder
I'm honestly sorry.
I had a buddy who wanted to get into /tg/ shit and after two sessions he saw just how bullshit wizards were due to powergaming and Roll-play rather than Roleplay while he was a monk and I was a rogue, both of us getting completely outclassed at level 5 for fucking everything.
I'm still trying to get a 5e group together after we both quit the PF group.
it's been a whole year dating yesterday now.
>>
>play DnD 5e with friends
>takes them weeks to grasp even basic concepts, constantly having to explain things despite asking them to read the fucking rules beforehand
>pain in the ass to setup games, sometimes go months between sessions, everyone forgets why we were doing things
>half the players are tryhards that get mad when one of the enemies damages their character, god forbid they ever come close to dying or being challenged
>other half are "which one is the d20" types

Tabletop RPGs showed me that other people ruin everything.
>>
>>339103380
If they're upset then they'd leave or stop playing. The writing bit is dumb.
>>
>>339102993
Making a video series about the Witcher without having played the games that were the biggest influence on it is retarded.
>>
>>339102842
It's always funny how people can hold such great and such terrible opinions simultaneously.
>>
File: gsw02 2015-09-30 19-36-16-74.png (3 KB, 105x105) Image search: [Google]
gsw02 2015-09-30 19-36-16-74.png
3 KB, 105x105
>>339100912

Funny thing, I just lost a group of friends because they thought I had read the story before. Don't play them if you're good.
>>
>>339100912
Did a dnd campaign with some friends. It was pretty fun. I played a loli elf ranger prostitute that tried to fuck everyone behind the back of our cleric, who would get pissed at my debauchery. The dm got fed up with my bullshit when we tried a second campaign and rage quit. Haven't played since
>>
>>339103475
MGSV > MGS2 is really more just to piss the person off. I like MGSV about the same as any other entry in the series but saying its the best in the series engenders such butthurt in MGS autists that I can't resist.
>>
I prefer world of darkness over dnd but 90% of world of darkness people I meet larp and I hate larp so finding a good group is hard unless I settle for dnd.
>>
>>339100912
DnD and shit is too nerdy for my tastes.
I play MtG a lot but that's really the only nerd game I play.
>>
File: 1375908976604.gif (466 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1375908976604.gif
466 KB, 500x281
>rounded the 20's edges of my favorite D20 to make sure it never landed on 1
>>
If anyone wants to try out a tabletop rpg but doesn't have any friends these books are pretty cool

https://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Books

They're kinda like Choose Your Own adventure books but with gameplay.

Surprised no one makes solo adventures like these anymore.
>>
>>339103692
You misunderstand friend, the great opinion is that MGSV > MGS2, the terrible one is that Gothic is better than The Witcher.
>>
>>339103445
Straight up anon, run a different campaign.
If someone makes a bard, ask them what they sing when they play songs.
When someone lands the finishing blow on a boss, ask them how they kill it, and then add the visceral details yourself.
I fucking DESPISE DMing, but a one-shot to show the players the ropes and then sticking someone else in the DM's seat and helping them along while slowly backing into a solely PC-only role is the best way to do things with a fresh group.
I had to learn this the hard way.
My first table had one of the other players' girlfriends as the healer and she didn't pay attention at all.
All she did was guzzle attention and stuck around for pizza that I made it my obligation to order every week as the DM and the guy whose house the games were held in.
>>
>>339103276
search for "pokerole core book" on teh google
REAL simple to learn, made to be light hearted
poison attacks are OP
>>
>>339104663
Ah, well at least Gothic has decent combat, unlike any Witcher game.
>>
>>339104656
And by choose your own adventure, I don't mean like "If you choose to do this go to this"

I mean, these books are fully fledged solo rpgs. Also their free which is nice :)
>>
File: clay.jpg (23 KB, 560x439) Image search: [Google]
clay.jpg
23 KB, 560x439
>>339104972
I distinctly remember ganking the combat system by spamming the block and forward strike attack into a flurry of attacks that let me dominate every opponent thrown at me.

The game is influential, sure... But don't kid yourself man. Gothic was a clunky ass game.
>>
>>339103419
for an enjoyable pathfinder, ban full casters classes (9 levels of spells)
no wizard cleric sorcerer witch arcanist, etc
also try to avoid non caster classes, they are weak, dnd/pathfinder is meant to spell at least a little

i personally recommend magus, inquisitor, paladin, alchemist,bard, hunter, investigator, skald, warpriest for a fun time
>>
I've been playing with more or less the same group for like 2 years now. We're playing 5e and one campaign of a starwars rpg which they mixed with x-wing for simulating space battles. It was pretty fun, but in both cases we can never get further than like 10 sessions into a campaign. Shit drives me nuts. I just want to finish a damn campaign. But if we end up missing more than two sessions in a row the campaign is dead in the water.
>>
>>339103791
well, WoD mostly attract the edgy and the thespian, the darkness is so dark, woe is me kinda people
>>
>>339105327
You're thinking of G1. G2's combat will kick your ass if all you do is spam block. I actually prefer G1 overall since I think G2 went a bit overboard on its difficulty but the combat in G2 does have depth. Really the Witcher series has some of the worst combat in any popular Fantasy RPG series, up there with TES, decent series for its C&C and atmosphere, but godawful gameplay.
>>
>>339105410
The other guy in that group was an inquisitor that literally could not die due to build shit.
PF is far too heavily based on caster supremacy.
5e seems a little more balanced for martials, which is why I picked it up.
Plus the monks are much more decent and Matt Mercer pretty handily transferred over Gunslinger, which was by far my favorite class in PF (until the DM said "no gunslingers, they're too weak") himself to 5e by himself.
>>
>>339102212
...mom?
>>
>>339100975
Honestly anon, RPing is one of the most fun parts of the game. Try and find a couple of people who have played before and just let loose. They'll probably let you know if you're doing something wrong, but I'm guessing mostly they'll be bros and go with the flow for what ever character you want to be. That being said I know finding people to play is easier said than done.
>>
I used to have a ton of fun in DnD groups but the members would always rotate in and out so much because the main guy's gf would always have to participate and was just a straight up cunt. Never listened to rules, too much joking around, made fun of us if we tried to actually RP, barely paid attention, etc. Any time a guy would call her out on shit the host would run to defend her along with whatever other white knighting faggot happened to be there that night. I stuck around for around a year but just sick of the bullshit.

Now I don't really like to do any tabletop campaigns if there are girls involved single or otherwise because thirsty tabletop players are just annoying as shit with girls around. After a few sessions the single girl realizes how much attention she can get and it just goes to shit.
>>
I wanted to but the first college groups I found consisted of an underwhelming high voiced GM who lied to self aggrandize (no, your McLovin lookin ass didn't get into a three way with 10/10s while you are at Yale, you're in community college just like we are), another guy was okay but quiet, and the last guy kept on making rape jokes toward every female NPC.

That was a few months ago. I'll try again some time, but I'll probably have to be the one to set it up with reluctant friends.
>>
There used to be a store here for that stuff and I wish there was something like it today. I think there's a comic book shop downtown and I'm sure they play MTG there but idk where the hell to go to play TTG.
>>
>plan big huge campaign
>invite all the players I know to play
>get ready to dm
>all cancel the day of the first session and then again the second session
>none make time to come to the game and have to cancel without ever starting
And that's why I quit it.
>>
>>339100912
I've played a few.

They're okay, but the dice-roll combat is shit and 9/10 times your party is either going to fall apart in 3 sessions or be insufferable for 30.

What I don't understand are the people who push the fucking combat of all things. Play it like they play a fucking videogame. Tabletop RPGs are at their best when you're solving mysteries and the like with like-minded people, not when you're playing what is essentially a VERY shit videogame.
>>
File: 1463869438645.gif (822 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
1463869438645.gif
822 KB, 600x366
>it's a DM tries to force his fetish into the campaign episode
>>
File: 1382311706947.gif (986 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1382311706947.gif
986 KB, 800x450
>>339106776
>It's a DM didn't realize that the party is chaotic neutral/evil episode
>It's a DM forgot the mage has Stone to Sand as a spell and planed a boss-fight on a stone bridge..
>>
>>339106082
Honestly my Highschool had a 1/3 of the party played by girls in a six man campaign in my senior year.
The party was
>a copper Dragonborn Scorcerer (Star Pact), generic aloof carnage engine type
>a Dexfag fighter with a rapier, really played up the fencer and swordplay Schtick, had a GLORIOUS mustache
>a twin axe ranger who doubled as the "why are we not dead yet" guy
>Gnome Bard (skald) who was out on the quest to map the wilds and tell stories of the amazing sights, rather than simply the incredible acts of heroes Until the final battle, where she sang her heart out about our party and the adventures we had
>Dwarven Artificer who politely asked the DM if they could have a failure check on all their robotic creations, including their own arm, right from the get go It was a D20 roll that if it ended on a number divisible by the last number rolled, or was a prime number, the action failed to work to full effect. On Primes, it would be a catastrophic failure, which usually ended in explosions.
>and a Tiefling Rogue who used ranged sneak attacks that commonly gibbed the enemy with a single arrow.
Now guess which two were the girls, and which one was me.
>>
>>339105719
>>339104972
Gothic's greatest blunder is that the combat is clearly designed for 1 on 1 fights but the game throws nothing but huge mobs at you. So you have to spend the first half or so of the game tediously pulling enemies because fighting more than 2 orcs at once is a death sentence. The only time you can actually take on groups of enemies is when you're strong enough that you can just spam.

The Witcher 3's combat is much better. It has the appropriate mechanics for all of the different enemies you encounter, including two different forms of dodge which more games need.
>>
>>339100912
I played D&D 3.5 a few times in college with my roommates and their friends. It was fun. Playing online just ain't the same, you know?
>>
>>339107265
True. Plus the weirdos that want to play online but insist that the group play without talking over mics and only group text chat just seem bizarre.
>>
File: 1455994325978.jpg (470 KB, 942x1056) Image search: [Google]
1455994325978.jpg
470 KB, 942x1056
>>339106082
I feel like girls who don't put any effort in are worse than thirsty virgins

>Pathfinder campaign
>I played as a half-orc barbarian who was dumb as a brick
>Two girls made Mary Sue versions of themselves essentially
>Constantly stopping the story to flirt/fuck imaginary NPCs
>Somehow my barbarian roleplaying is "disruptive" to the campaign
>mfw

Platinum Mad.
>>
Started playing recently. It's a bitch to find everyone able to come when the gm asks for, anyone else have this issue? We normally set it 1 week in advance but there's almost always one different guy missing they have to RP for.
>>
>>339107663
Yes that will happen in literally every campaign.
>>
>>339107986
That blows, specially since I'm the only one without experience but the only one not to miss a session yet, feels bad being even more lost.
>>
>>339107587
True that, combine the two and you might as well just say fuck the campaign and just have a fucking social get together with drinks and music in the background.

Fuck that shit, I'm here to slaughter kobolds by the hundreds as a barbarian with an irrational fear of the color orange, not hit on some chubster in the corner who can't even roll a proper character.
>>
I had one party where the girl was actually the best fucking player at the table. Considering one was an edgy, up-his-own-ass necromancer (whose previous character in another campaign was literally Arthus), one was a retard That Guy who always fucked everything up by attacking or stealing from people with zero provocation, and me (not a bad player but somewhat introverted and not prone to taking the lead in social situations) she was the best.

Girl Gamer was the player whose character (a female fighter who was basically a Landsknecht) once challenged an Orcish war chief to single combat, and after beating him in a fair fight by the skin of her teeth declared herself The New Chief and claimed his tent as her own. Who once protected our river barge from being attacked by Lizardmen by bellowing from the bow of the ship at random intervals and looking imposing with her sword over her shoulder...for around 12 hours (two nat 20s; 1 intimidate, 1 constitution to stay up all night). Who, when the Dick-ass wizard tried to betray the party to become a lich, said "NOPE," broke his nose and beheaded the Lich who had made him the deal.

If I ever manage to gather a D&D party again, I resolve to play as over the top and boisterous a hero as she did.
>>
I play a weekly d&d campaign with ex coworkers using 3.5. We all have our own campaigns we dm, and we switch up every few weeks. It's fun
>>
>>339108683
have a similar story. Had a girl who was a teifling ranger with a lion pet. Through a long series of events, she had become an Aesemere, and was not happy about it.

Imagine this angelic being, who is constantly trying to pretend to be an edgy badass and is getting admired for it. Her roleplaying this was fantastic.

Then she dragged us along on this quest to restore her demon blood, which created the fantastic situation of us taking on an arch demon who was the rangers 'father', and then her drinking the blood to become a half fiend.

Kinda sad she moved overseas, was hella fun to play with.
>>
>>339109221
>It's fun
count me out

I hate fun
>>
Wish I had a group to play with, oh well.
>>
Before Spoony turned into a bipolar embarrassment to himself and everyone around him I was persuaded to give D&D a chance after hearing all the awesome stories from his Counter Monkey videos.

Been playing for over a year now every wednesday with some dudes from my friendly local game store
>>
Did you ever play with 4chan? I'm scared of doing so with /tg/, or /v/ for that matter.
>>
i like video games but d&d is the most fun i've ever had. the reality is that it's a lot harder to find 4 other people who are willing and able to devote hours to playing make believe though.

although finding video games worth playing seems increasingly hard as well.
>>
File: seth.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
seth.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>join pathfinder game
>play cavalier
>charge all day every day for 3-5x everyone else's damage
>special snowflake mages in the party constantly assblasted to oblivion
Shit's comfy, and it's the only game other than Mount and Blade that makes me feel like I can be a real champion.
I fear the day I have to step inside or enter a narrow walkway.
>>
>>339108331
Yeah my first campaign was a series of feeling lost from the getgo.

Don't worry, after this one you can just take charge.
>>
>>339100912
MAYBE IF I COULD FIND PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH
>>
>>339100912
I've tried playing tabletop rpgs a few times and i always enjoy them when i do the biggest problem for me is the fact that all parties involved are adults with real world responsibilities and conflicting schedules so it's almost impossible to get a campaign going and finish it.
>>
>>339110568
Go to a card shop or a hobby shop and meet people there. Usually you can find enough people there to make a group.
>>
>>339110158
You gotta remember, different boards have different "culture" (if you can even call it that). Just because /v/ choose to be shit with the motto of "we hate games" doesn't mean the rest of 4chan is also shit. Seriously, if you haven't explore other boards then I highly recommend you to do so. /tg/ on that note is a high quality board and have a good rep for a reason.
>>
File: magical realm.png (161 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
magical realm.png
161 KB, 480x360
>>339106776
>not daring to enter my magical realm
>>
is there seriously NO digital version of D&D.
>dragndrop map squares
>automatically calculate all that horseshit
>doesnt take hours to set up
>no waste of paper.
>>
>>339110854
>implying we have those in the shithole i live in
>>
>>339110887
I do browse others, but /tg/ itself has mostly awful tales of playing with other fa/tg/uys
>>
>>339110934
Yeah, many programs can do that. roll 20 is a popular site but you gotta pay for features, and you can look for less known ones.
>>
play some Pathfinder and Pokemon Tabletop United with some pals every now and then, fun stuff both playing and GMing
>>
>>339110959
It's worth it to find one if you really want it.
>>
>>339104328
>too nerdy for my tastes.
I'm sorry but do you have any idea where you are?
>>
>>339111008
>awful tales

You mean great tales. Do you... Catan?
>>
>>339110934
Fantasy Grounds is the official digital tabletop for Dnd, but it will cost you an arm and a leg
>>
>>339111252
Oh, I know that story. If it's the one I'm guessing at least.

But jokes aside, I'm talking mostly tabletops like PF, dnd, shadowrun, etc.
>>
>>339111106
i looked at that and it looks like shit. I want one that uses official WotC art and designs. Not some 2005 symbian .sis game bullshit art
>>
>>339107587
one of my player's gf's comes and plays in a campaign I run, nothing but trouble whenever she's involved, women are shit at tabletop in general
>>
File: 1455151326982.gif (798 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
1455151326982.gif
798 KB, 600x505
>mfw want to go play Pathfinder at local hobby shop but dudes there are smelly and cringey
I'm almost sure they all might be MLP fans
Why can't nearly normal people play this shit too
>>
>>339111391
You can provide your own art
>>
>>339111391
You can get that, but then you'll have to pay up as >>339111279 said.
>>
Tabletop is fucking great. DM'd a game for my friends before we all started college several years ago. It was a blast. Haven't played since. One day I'll find or start a group. I'd love to try Shadowrun
>>
Funnily enough listening to a podcast about D&D while playing DS3 has really made me interesting in trying it out.

But I don't have any friends at all so not a possibility.
>>
>>339111740
Get ahold of me at Alexrowesushi at gmail. I've been wanting to set and play as a PC for ages now, and Roll20+ Skype/Discord should be good enough for vocal shit. I'll be a week or two to get started as the power is out at my place currently.
I even have PDFs for 5e and we can discuss house rules and shit if we find a willing DM
>>
/tg/ was pretty slow about it but here's a personal collection of supplements and shit for roleplaying and GMing, anyone have any suggestions on what to add?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2J88cSkTWORV0JwY1dEUWdlNVU
>>
>>339111616
this

your sparkledog fursona can be uploaded for your ERP sessions
>>
>>339111279
>Fantasy Grounds
a one time 40 dollar price is hardly an arm and a leg.

Whats even ethe difference btween standard and ultimate, only looks like you cant host for Demo players, asif that matters?
>>
>>339100912
I've stopped playing because it's too difficult to get a game that isn't using a fucking trash system like 3.5, Pathfinder, or 5E unless I run it myself and I have absolutely no fun GMing, and even if I did scheduling issues weed out most people who would play anyways so it'd be limited to PbP, which I also have absolutely no fun with.
>>
>>339112379
Check the dlc list on steam, friend
>>
>>339100912
finding decent people do to tabletop with sucks ass

alot of people are fucking full blown autists that run groups and then its either snail pace first timers who need to ask every dumb fucking question or a really experienced group who dont wanna play with new players
>>
>>339101070
Pretty much this.
>>
>>339112379
Running for demos means only one person needs to buy to run a game.
>>
File: 1.jpg (31 KB, 498x597) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
31 KB, 498x597
>>339101114
>>
My first game was 5e back in October. Really enjoyed it, but for some fucking reason we haven't played that since January. Only a handful of sessions in it and I already have a couple stories.

Since then, I've been pulled into a Deathwatch game and a Pathfinder game that hasn't started yet despite being planned for months. Not really feeling the Deathwatch game, but I don't want to disappoint anyone by backing out after this many sessions.
>>
>>339100912
Yeah, always wanted to try, but never known anyone in irl that would be interested.
>>
I love RPG video games, even ones like Ultima and Wizardry which are heavily based on DnD, but I've tried tabletop roleplaying on a few occasions and I just can't get into it. It's a totally different experience, people who say CRPGs are just poor facsimiles of the tabletop experience don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>339113850
Elaborate?
>>
>>339100912
Been playing for years, lad.

Mostly D&D 3.5, and a couple of games of Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader. Always wanted to play Changeling: The Lost but I can never find anyone else willing to give WoD a try.

I'd love a Changeling vidya like VtM Bloodlines.
>>
War stories?
>back in high school when friends were available at all times
>decide to raid a desecrated temple filled with corrupt monks
>whole team spreads out into small skirmishes
>one monk comes out with fists ready to fly
>mage casts stone to mud on a stone step he was standing on
>monk sinks ankle deep into mud and movement is hampered
>next turn casts mud to stone on same step
>legs are trapped in a stone block
>whole team kills of rest of monks and surrounds him
>ranger of the group pushes him over, breaking his ankles and rendering him helpless
>spend a couple hours rolling persuasion checks to get him to kill himself
>eventually we succeed in getting him to stab himself with a dagger supplied by our fighter
Thank god our DM was cool as fuck
>>
>>339100912
I played once. We used Pathfinder and it was fun. Being a Halfling Barbarian with a Scythe was the funnest thing I've ever done. Unfortunately, we never finished our campaign since one of our players got bored and killed his character to finish up the game quicker. THe story remains unfinished which pissed me off.

I've never played any tabletop after that and I would love to. However, given that that was my one and only time playing it, I wouldn't be too familiar with all the terminology and whatnot.
>>
>>339113967
>evil campaign
>have to attack fort full of paladins
>party clerics and necromancer pool together to animate a bunch of skeletons and attack through the latrine drainage system to avoid frontal attack
>invade a fort by pulling assholes inside out with skeletons
worth every second it took to devise the plan
>>
I moved abroad. Where can I find groups to play with over skype chat?
>>
>>339103130
I/my friends just use a bunch of note cards. It's pretty barbaric but meh
>>
>>339104656
>>339105229

I'm looking at these, is there any one in particular you'd recommend starting at or anything like that?
>>
>>339100912
I used to play the shit out of some D&D back in the day. I loved Shadowrun, too. Tabletop gaming was so much easier in high school though. As an adult everyone just has totally different schedules and other shit going on. Haven't played in ages but I do miss it sometimes.
>>
>>339116560
Just start from the first one in the list

If you don't care for that one, try any of others starting from the first of any of the lists.
>>
File: 1449949372768.png (2 MB, 809x1079) Image search: [Google]
1449949372768.png
2 MB, 809x1079
I'd like to give Dark Heresy a go.
>>
>>339116135
You can also substitute the random number table for a ten sided dice, that's what i did.
>>
>>339100912
I play DnD every week with my friends in Uni Drama. Playing with Drama kids is pretty great, because they get really into world and character building. We're about 2/3 of the way through our first adventure, which, I'll admit, is Lost Mine of Phandelver. It's still really fun though
>>
Does anyone even know how to get or how to MAKE a 20 faces dice?
>>
I like the idea of paper strategy games.. but I'd rather min-max instead of pretend to be some gay Lord for ye olden days
>>
>>339118865
you can get a set of almost all the dice you need for about 15 bucks
>>
Man, the concept of /v/ playing a roleplaying game is fucking hilarious.

>90% of the board is retarded Russians or other third-worlders who play MOBAs and shit.
>They WILL make characters based on their favorite video games
>They won't have any idea how to function without prompts
>Memespouting everywhere
>>
>>339118915
there's a powergamer in every group

and he's the one everyone hates
>>
File: 20_Sided_Dice.jpg (53 KB, 625x480) Image search: [Google]
20_Sided_Dice.jpg
53 KB, 625x480
>>339118865
...Is this a trick question?
>>
>>339118915
Ohh, you're one of those faggots.

A huge red flag to me when I play is when nobody has any negative attributes on their sheet
>>
File: precisiongamingdice.jpg (71 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
precisiongamingdice.jpg
71 KB, 600x597
>>339118865
Dice re cheap and easy to get unless you pay for some special dice.
>>
>>339119094
Not that nigger, but explain?
>>
>Somehow get roped into streaming D&D on Twitch and making a channel from scratch
>The group is pretty solidly /v/ incarnate.
>I made the mistake of putting work into this shit and now I can't get out of it.

Playing with you guys kills my soul.
>>
>>339118962
Which would be worse, basing characters off video games or anime?
>>
>>339119179
Yes.
>>
>>339118962
>He's too new to remember The Last Great Cultural Exchange with /tg/
>>
>>339119154
the guy that makes his character as overpowered as possible with little to no personality will ruin the game for everyone involved, you either keep the challenge curve as is and let him take out everything effortlessly while others occasionally do stuff, or raise the bar to him and let every other player suffer
>>
>>339119154
Literal self insert mary sue.
>>
>>339119247
Please don't pretend the people on /tg/ are any better.

You know how you'd rather kill yourself than play a video game with someone from /v/? Yeah, most of us feel that way on /tg/ too. They're fine(ish) to talk about general topics, but I don't want their opinions nor do I ever want any of them in my games, because they're universally horrible.
>>
>>339119154
Munchkins are insufferable and treat a fucking rpg as something to "win". No negative attributes is a clear sign of one.
>>
>>339103419
>getting this mad that a game is actually legit to real life
A wizard/mage is always going to outclass shitty meme fighters and monks.

I mean come on nigger, who do you think you are? You can't stop magic.
>>
>>339119206
jack
>>
>>339119154
Most tabletop games get really interesting if your characters suck at something. Basic "rogue isn't good at straight combat, Mage has awful defense, etc." works, but theres more interesting ones you can make with character traits and such. It allows the GM to force you to adapt or die, and can make fun situations.

Some people get way too pissy about that, and want their character to be the best at everything. So they roll and roll until all they have is bonuses to their stats, and their character is a shitty mary sue. It just drags everyone else down, because they want to show off how cool they are
>>
>>339119342
I'm not. /tg/ is crap too.

But there was a time where /v/ and /tg/ played shit with each other and those times were pretty good.
>>
>>339119316
I know this varies from one game to another but don't most creation systems have safeguards against this? I forget the exact details but my favorite way to do D&D back in the day was where everyone started with the same number of points to allocate, rather than rolling for attributes. Shadowrun's system was similar as I recall.
>>
>>339119368
power of god > magic
>>
>>339118865
Recommend this set
http://www.amazon.com/Chessex-001LBCHX-Pound-O-Dice/dp/B008C0KXYS

Chessex stuff in general is pretty nice
>>
>>339119342
We actually had a group of faggots from /tg/ in my Warhammer league a few years ago.
They were the most absolutely insufferable people I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
>>
>>339119154
Not him, but most /tg/ systems allow you to take character flaws and suchlike to freshen up the role playing experience.
Like, you could have an irrational fear of spiders. To the point your three hundred pounds of muscle, full plate-clad armored paladin faints at the sight of the things.

However, min-maxers who don't care about the actual roleplay never give their characters "personalities" that they have to play as, and rather just make some MMO Character who is just a walking stat block.

As a DM, when I see characters like this I tend to make their lives miserable in one way or another.
>send Halfling ninjas after him to make him look like a complete idiot
>That kickass boss they were about to kill? Suddenly thunderbolt strikes the boss dead.
>Try to fit their backstory into the plot for the roleplay experience but they just blow through it and not even feign caring? Reveal that the big bad was possessing the character the entire time, through subtle hints and make the party turn against him.
>>
>>339119452
there are a lot of systems like that in place, but people can get around it by abusing other game mechanics, for instance being some super sorcerer or wizard in Pathfinder/3.5
>>
>>339100912
I literally run a D&D campaign.
I fucking hate half my group though.
The other half tries to be serious, but the fuckers always make cheesy powergamed characters, 'misinterpret' the rules, and generally act like memelord murderhobos when on the rare occasion they're actually in character. I'm pretty sure one of them's been using a weighted die, to boot. They get pissy when I try to run anything that isn't D&D, too.
>>
>>339119452
Honestly what I do is I let everyone have a free 16 to slap on any one stat, just in case their rolls are ballsacks.
Then once EVERYTHING is statted out, and the adventure is about to begin, I say "now make your lowest stat an 18"
Suddenly everything gets a lot more interesting.
>>
I really want to give it a shot at least once, and one of my friends is in. Only thing is I have to wait 6 months until he moves back to this country.
>>
>>339118852
As someone who runs a live show, you have no idea how much I wished there was a supply of D&D players who actually aspired to be entertainers and thus made the game watchable to others.

But, nope. They're all terrible.
>>
>>339119715
I hope you get every single form of cancer and then watch your family die before you.
>>
>>339110887
/tg/'s been dead to me for years.
The OC and creativity is all but gone thanks to the reign of Nazimod, and there's little left but secondaries drawn in by 'le epic stories' and the occassional warhammerfag.
>>
>>339119924
a-at least quests are gone now
>>
I've always wanted to, but I don't have a group to try it with and I don't know where to start finding one, or even how to start playing
>>
>>339120002
Let's keep it that way, please.
>>
>>339120002
Not sure where you live but you might look at a comic and game shop. The risk would be that you'd end up in a group with a bunch of neckbeard spergs, but you're apparently able to tolerate 4chan so you'd probably be fine.
>>
>>339119776
I'm pretty new to the whole thing, but I've watched a little bit of the Acquisitions Incorporated guys and they seem pretty great.

That said, I assume that's what you mean, that they're like little nuggets of gold in a giant group of shitters that suck at being entertainers.
>>
>>339119976
I suppose that is good.
The ERPfags got the boot too, if I remember right.
Not all quests were bad. Almost all the stuff with illustrations were good. Kicking them out alongside Awful Waifu Quest #236 was probably a mistake.
>>
>>339119881
That isn't nice anon.
I do it for the roleplay, more than anything.
Imagine if you had a really shit roll so you just tossed it into a dump stat.
Suddenly you have a REALLY buff wizard.
Or your Barbarian is now a scholar known to fly into a rage?
>>
>>339120112
>cquisitions Incorporated guys and they seem pretty great.
They're not. It's comedy, but it's not D&D.

>That said, I assume that's what you mean, that they're like little nuggets of gold in a giant group of shitters that suck at being entertainers.
I don't. The Penny Arcade group is to D&D what Pewdiepie is to video games.

Just because someone starts a Youtube channel doesn't mean they aspire to be Pewdiepie.
>>
>>339119776
I guess a big part of why we have so much fun is we just waive certain things we don't have a grasp on yet. Spellcasting is fucked for us, but we just say whatever, do what you want within reason. Same with equip loads and distances. We're all really new, so it's more about having fun in the end, but I'm certain that if any of us played with randoms, they would hate us
>>
File: What emotion is this.jpg (18 KB, 354x308) Image search: [Google]
What emotion is this.jpg
18 KB, 354x308
>>339100912
>Any of you video game rpg fans willing to give a tabletop rpg a try?
Yes however, there is no one near by (in my city) that plays these sort of things.
It also looks abit difficult to actually learn most of the table top games i want to (Shaodwrun, Vampire (Masquerade/Requiem), D&D (3e/3.5e ???)
Not sure anyone would have the patience to teach me these things because, I'm used to the computer rolling the dice and keeping track of stats and inventory.
>>
>>339100912
Only play by post so far. A few friends and I are about to start playing Time Wizards.
>>
>>339119512
>new to D&D and roleplaying in general
>don't have any experience, just make a rogue and sit there being introverted, trying not to be a burden on the party and learn how to not fuck up
>DM doesn't like that my character has no 'personality'
>makes my life a living hell
>eventually cripples my character so I have minuses on all my rolls
>finally stop playing at that point
And that's the story of how my first D&D campaign made me hate tabletop games for a long while.
>>
>>339120198
You are shit and everything you've ever done is shit, and the worst part is you're smug about it.
>>
>>339106070
honestly, having played in several groups, it's really not (at least in real life)

everyone i've seen so far was a cringy faggot that couldn't act his role for shit

must be because we are german
>>
>>339120227
>Spellcasting is fucked for us, but we just say whatever, do what you want within reason.

Oh, yeah, no you're retards and I take back any remotely positive idea I might have had about actors playing D&D.
>>
>>339120210
Fair enough. Do you have any examples of someone that actually does it well, while still putting on a...good showcase of D&D play without being 90% comedy or whatever?
>>
File: 1435682737783.jpg (579 KB, 1864x3263) Image search: [Google]
1435682737783.jpg
579 KB, 1864x3263
>>339120198
>My skeleton mage who lacks the ability to speak coherently to anyone suddenly has all the charm and natural attraction of the party's bard
Honestly that does sound funny.
>>
>>339120112
Watch Critical Role. Straight up, that shit is LEAGUES better than Aq Inc.
Matt Mercer is the DM, Travis Willingham plays the party barbarian, Liam O'Brien is the half-elf rogue, Laura Bailey is his sister and the ranger with a pet bear, Sam Regiel plays the bard.
They've had fucking Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as a guest party member, too.
>>
>>339120358
>A DM letting you play a Skeleton as a PC

God I hate you people
>>
>>339120476
I bet you think elves are the pinnacle of roleplaying, faggot.
>>
File: 1442893316606.jpg (6 KB, 148x227) Image search: [Google]
1442893316606.jpg
6 KB, 148x227
>>339120349
Yeah I know we're autists who can't play the game. I suppose I was being a little shitty in my description.

We have a crew of half premade and half custom characters, so already we're having some issues. None of us understood spells, so we played it by ear.

It's a learning experience, that's why i dont play with randoms. Nobody gets the rules yet, let us live man.
>>
>>339120476
not that guy but skeletons are amazing go fugg yourself

>>339120381
Thanks for the recommendation friend I'll check it out. Love me some sweet sweet bard action so even better.
>>
>>339100912
>Play d&d
>go through whole campaign
>cause world destruction
>bullshit ensues.
>still fun.

It can very fun.
>>
>>339120283
With new players you help them, obviously.
You don't go all pissy death squad on someone unless they actively skimp on the roleplay and only play for the sake of "being cool and killing shit." With no character to it and refuse to even try to do anything other than "win".

>>339120289
It'd make a good one-shot or fun for a proper group you've known for a while.
Like if you're given the DM's seat for a while.
Otherwise yeah, it's an ass move.
>>
File: 1454561497897.jpg (123 KB, 492x1000) Image search: [Google]
1454561497897.jpg
123 KB, 492x1000
>>339120476
Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>339120476
Guy in my game wants to do that, guess I shouldn't let him
>>
>>339120358
>My skeleton mage who lacks the ability to speak coherently
>mage that can't speak

Good luck with those verbal components buttmunch.
>>
>>339100912

I moved into D&D because of a love of old RPGs

So yeah, probably
>>
>>339120654
"CLICK CLACK CLICKETY CLACK"
>>
>>339100912
That's how I got started with vidya RPGs. Problem was where to find people to play with. Then decent/good vidya RPGs came along.

I never looked back.
>>
>>339106776

My first D&D campaign I ever did back in middle school I did this. I had nymphs lure the players away with mind control spells and shit, even the girls.

I feel both cringy and aroused when I remember it
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 508x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 508x432
>>339120476
Nigga monster parties are always fucking great.
Unless you're a stick in the mud, everyone loves a goblin one-shot, or the skeleton wizard who the party has to disguise so his constant rattling doesn't call in the cleric and paladin death squads.
Plus it isn't like a skeleton character is immediately a chosen undead or some shit.
>>
File: cuckoldry.jpg (230 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cuckoldry.jpg
230 KB, 800x600
>>339100912
But anon, I just got back from our weekly DnD night. Our party killed a green dragon and I took some of it's hide to experiment with, since I'm a Warforged Artificer.
>>
>You become the President of the United States of America by impeaching the other guy at a fantasy strip club using the powers of democracy and Command Eagle
Feels good.
>>
>>339120890
Unless you plan on cooking it or using it's hide and bones to make kickass armor or weapons, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>339120849
You know how your whole argument is "lol who cares its fun lol stop being srs"?

Yeah, that's a shit argument. For anything.
>>
>>339120987
A bit of my plating got ripped off in the fight, I'm planning on trying to integrate the dragon hide onto my body.
>>
>>339121037
>fun is a buzzword, you shouldn't use it
never change, /v/
>>
File: Mayo.jpg (20 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
Mayo.jpg
20 KB, 380x380
>>339101812
>>
File: 1445745650638.png (287 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
1445745650638.png
287 KB, 540x489
>>339121037
Why would you play a tabletop RPG if not for fun?
>>
File: 1453188574105.jpg (88 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
1453188574105.jpg
88 KB, 582x741
>You and half your party kill a flavour NPC because the DM accidentally made him racist
>>
>>339121037
What's wrong with playing as a skeleton?
Like for real?
They run on the same rules as a human character, except instead of a basic feat at level one, you gain a resistance to piercing damage and a weakness to striking damage.
>>
>>339100912
>warlock of an Old God of insanity
>odd mannerisms but otherwise normal
>campaign leads to 'accidentally unleash ancient evil' plot point
>my character was the one who actually activated the Object Of Unlocking The Ancient Evil
>spend the rest of the campaign convinced the Old God pushed me to do it
>slowly start doing more malicious things to my enemies
>none of the party members dares to oppose my tentacle wizard might

Tabletop is good times.
>>
>>339100912
In a heartbeat. But apparently I'm the faggot of the group.
>>
>>339121176
>They run on the same rules as a human character, except instead of a basic feat at level one, you gain a resistance to piercing damage and a weakness to striking damage.

OH RIGHT JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE STATS FOR IT IN A SPLATBOOK MUST MEAN THAT IT'S COOL TO DO.

YES, NOW LET ME SHOW YOU MY HALF-KITSUNE DHAMPIR GESTALT BARD/PALADIN. IT'S IN THE RULES, SO IT MUST BE GOOD!
>>
>>339121173
Gotta punish those problematic views.
>>
>mfw my group won't stop killing each other every three sessions
Jesus christ they don't even have conflicting alignments or anything
>>
>>339121297
>he doesn't know
All of that is in the fucking PLAYER'S HANDBOOK for pathfinder.
Just because your tastes aren't for it, doesn't mean other folks don't enjoy jolly skeletal adventurers.
>>
>>339121297
slippery slippery slope m8

proper DMing aint that hard when it comes to shit like this
>>
File: 1437891496009.png (1 MB, 890x1168) Image search: [Google]
1437891496009.png
1 MB, 890x1168
>>339121297
Anon, playing a skelly is not the same thing as playing some 13 year old's Sonic OC.
>>
>>339121173
god I would hate to GM with tumblrinas or super sensitive liberals, a huge amount of fun comes from worldbuilding shit like that and having PCs with different opinions
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x213
>>339121297
>getting THIS mad over skeletons
>>
>>339121413
>All of that is in the fucking PLAYER'S HANDBOOK for pathfinder.
That's not a thing, Anon. You mean the Core Rulebook?

Well if that's what you mean, then the word "skeleton" only appears in:

A. The little example combat at the beginning of the book.
B. The text of the Create Undead spell.
C. The text of the Robe of Bones item.

Try again?
>>
>>339121730
No you dummy, the Kitsunes and shit.
You're just assmad because you didn't drink enough milk as a kid, apparently.
>>
File: KillKant.jpg (231 KB, 1100x607) Image search: [Google]
KillKant.jpg
231 KB, 1100x607
>>339121623
>a tribe of orcs is on the warpath and raiding local villages
>"They're just misunderstood, our races have been oppressing them since the beginning"
>Orcs bash a toddler against a rock
>"I try to reason with the Orc and tell it I understand the plight it's been through and that I will help it fight against oppression"
>The orc stabs you
I don't know it could be kind of fun. Like stabbing fish in a mason jar filled with sand.
>>
>>339121838
>No you dummy, the Kitsunes and shit.
Neither the Kitsune race, nor the Dhampir race/template, nor the gestalt rules are in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook.
>>
>>339121623
It wasn't that kind of racism. He was a shitbag to me and the other elf, so we murdered him.

Our DM hadn't thought we'd ask so many questions to this one small child, so he just told us to "fuck off, knife-ears"

We pinned the murder on the local goblins, and made the whole town assault the keep the goblins stayed in as a result. It was pretty fun
>>
>>339121985
ah, in that case all is good

you fucking knife-eared slack-jawed tree-prancing faggot
>>
>>339121202
I did something similar
>Warlock of The Calm One Beneath the Sea (Gods in the setting don't have actual names, and those who try and make up a name for them beyond a basic descriptor have a tendency to die horrible deaths)
>Didn't really join up under the god so much as he went fishing with his father and uncle one day and Saw the Unthinkable (no this is not a child molestation allegory, I have already heard every fucking joke regarding this)
>washes up on shore babbling nonsense and scratching horrible images into the walls
>years later, still unhinged but 18 charisma is enough to passively pull off "Functional Human" but is only ever a few words or sudden movement away from violent flashbacks followed by unpredictable, possibly violent reaction (Very low Wisdom, garbage at Will saves)
>Pretty high constitution means that the only player with more hp than me is the Paladin, so the rest of the party just points me at the bulk of the problem and I make it not-a-thing
>ended up losing an arm at the elbow and an eye from reckless action
>replace eye with a large enchanted pearl that grants an extra spell per day
>arm is eventually replaced by a wooden prosthetic that mostly functions as a spell catalyst, as it's custom made to be a hand gripping a spell focusing crystal
>proceed to blast goblins with my magical arm cannon

And that's how I became Warlock Megaman.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 282x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 282x612
>>339122079
HEY NOW!
THAT ISN'T VERY NICE.
>>
File: around elves.png (224 KB, 365x301) Image search: [Google]
around elves.png
224 KB, 365x301
>>339122079
Say that to my face not online fucker, see what happens
>>
I'd actually really fucking love to, but I don't have enough free time with uni, work and sport.

I have time for vidya, since I can just boot up a game and play for 45 minutes here and there, but I don't have enough, consistently available time to play with other people.
>>
>>339121037
nigga u mad cuz you don't have an argument for your autism
>>
I'm actually trying it sometime next week, got someone who's willing to DM and a few people who are down to play too. I'm planning to make a monk.
>>
>>339101070
This. It's a scheduling nightmare.
>>
>>339122206
Autism and shit tastes, the two worst mental illnesses anyone can contract.
Even homosexuals can enjoy traps and cute girls. Shit taste Autismos sure as hell can't.
>>
File: 1409620541736.gif (2 MB, 280x296) Image search: [Google]
1409620541736.gif
2 MB, 280x296
>>339122140
Jesus Christ spoiler that shit
>>
>>339100912
>tfw also a fa/tg/uy
>Currently in two different tabletop games
>It's a fucking chore and a half to make it to both of them
>>
File: 1459284548246.gif (471 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459284548246.gif
471 KB, 300x300
>>339122140
L-lewd!
>>
>>339121037

If you can't have fun in a tabletop where the fuck can you have fun

What's the fucking point, holy shit
>>
File: roll.png (1 MB, 736x883) Image search: [Google]
roll.png
1 MB, 736x883
You get hit by a car on your daily trip to acquire more doritos and dew for your vidya sessions. You were not of the correct Muslim faith in life, but as your virginity was intact Allah, praise be upon him, takes pity on you. He, in his infinite wisdom, allows you to reincarnate as a muslim woman so you can breeze through your next life on the easy mode to heaven. Roll for your fate
>>
>>339121297
this is why tabletop is dying
no fun allowed autism
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 1000x750
>>339122294
_No_
>>
How many people do you need? After exams are wrapped up I want to give it a go, and one of my mates is interested too. I'd imagine we'd need at least 2 other people?
>>
>>339122140
LET US LEAVE THIS HORRIBLE ELVEN PLACE AND NEVER RETURN.
>>
>>339122501
Yeah, people totally want to hang out while you and your friend jerk eachother off under the table.
>>
>>339122501
One DM and at the absolute minimum 3 players. I personally like 3 player groups and never go higher than 5 players.
>>
>>339122501
3 to 4 players is the sweespot imo, any more and shit starts taking forever and people dont get developed, any less and it can get weird and boring
>>
>>339100912
I am but it really takes a long ass time to make a char
>>
>>339122501
The recommended party size is 3-4 plus DM, especially for first timers.
Larger or smaller groups are always cool too.
Nothing I ever do will top the 3 level mini-campaign that my dad DM'd where I played a loose-cannon cop paladin and my brother was an increasingly confused rogue.
>>
>>339122603
It's never been a problem before

>>339122636
>>339122683
Is that without the guy who directs everything?
>>
>>339122734
players in >>339122683 refers to player characters, not including the GM
>>
Well I already play in a league in Blood Bowl so I'm halfway there. It's a 1:1 replica of the board game, I'm just not paying for minis.

Aside from that I do have a 40k army (Smurfs, with some Tau because they canonically are ok with working with them), but that's not really an rpg.
>>
>>339122501
Idela party varies by person, but usually is between 4~6, plus DM.
>>
>>339122734
I specifically said a DM plus 3-5 players.
>>
The best DMs are the ones who are willing to quietly fold up the notes for the campaign he spent a week preparing because the players decided to do some nonsensical shit or just run headlong in the opposite direction of the story.

God bless you all and your martyred plotlines
>>
>>339123018
While those may be the best DMs, those types of players are the worst human beings and should be kicked out of a group immediately.
>>
>>339100912
I played for 20 years, AD&D, 3(.5) and Shadowrun

I sadly stopped seeing my group regularly a few years ago, but i still got the itch. I was DM for about 10 of those years, since i was reading the guidebooks cover to cover and was the only one willing to do so.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.