[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, serious question for Overwatch owners. How long do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
Okay, serious question for Overwatch owners. How long do you think the game will last? The only reason I haven't bought it is because I'm worried it will barely have any players 3 months from now.
>>
>>339088645
It's already dying out. Nobody plays that shit game.
>>
File: 1463938593497.png (766 KB, 1280x1079) Image search: [Google]
1463938593497.png
766 KB, 1280x1079
Poorfags on suidice watch because they can't pirate a $40 game.

Get fucked.
>>
Well, it depends on what you mean.
How long will it last for the userbase in general? It's a Blizzard game, so easily years.
For you? I don't know. I know I'm 20 hours in and not even close to being done with the game, but some people got bored of it pretty fast, apparently.
>>
No idea, maybe a year or two. Maybe more because it's blizzard. I've been having a blast.
>>
>>339089352
>It's a Blizzard game, so easily years.
Just like Hots.
>>
The dust has already settled.
>>
>>339088645
3 months
>>
>>339088645
depends on if they keep giving it new content like new heroes. if this is all we will get it will die out in a few months
>>
I like it how people will be satisfied with a 30-hour single player game, but if they only did 400 hours of gameplay out of the multiplayer game don't say it's not worth it.
>>
File: Overcasual.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Overcasual.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I regret listening to the shills
>>
Not long in my case, supports ruin it for me.

I have to choose between either playing a healer and being bored out my mind or likely losing the game due to nobody else wanting to pick one.

When playing with friends we'll switch roles and make it a bit better, but it's still not very fun.
>>
It'll do fine
I'm not sure why the hell people will think a Blizzard game will ever fail
/v/ claims HotS failed, but still has a lot of players and you can find matches easily

So pretty much, why the fuck are you still listening to /v/ in 2016
>>
>>339090787
>People think this
>Flashbang ults as McCree and get free kills

Stay mad shitter
>>
File: Play Of The Game Bastion.gif (400 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
Play Of The Game Bastion.gif
400 KB, 267x199
>>339088645
40$ is a great price for the game. I have already got 10 hours out of the game, and I have yet to play all the characters[Im trying to master every character, which is not fucking easy with heros like Genji]
If you have friends[unlike most of /v/] get it, friends make this game even more fun. Nothing is better than smashing a keyboard over someone playing Bastion 4 fucking games in a row[even on attack side]
>>
easily years simply because its blizz
>>
>>339088645
When will this game be free to play? a month? two?
>>
>>339091531
If my goal were to make /v/ mad I would save this post and re-use it in every overwatch thread. 9.5/10, mostly owing to the use of square brackets, very underrated technique.
>>
>>339092215
It's already free 2. What are you talking about?
>>
>>339092215
Six.
>>
>>339092452
>>>339092215
>It's already free 2. What are you talking about?
F2p*
>>
>>339088645
it will take years until queues are longer than a couple minutes, with bursts of many players after every update
>>
File: 1463952508707.jpg (851 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
1463952508707.jpg
851 KB, 750x1125
I have a lot of fun with it but loot boxes is slowly killing the game for me. The only thing there is to work to in the game is them, and 99% of the time they're 3 whites and a blue. Makes me feel like all my wins are just a waste of time. Why does a level even exist? It's just a measure of playtime, not wins/loses. A long loss gives the same if not more EXP than a quick win.
They nerfed the shit out of the drop rates to make people buy the boxes. I keep going back to the game multiple times a day but nothing keeps me around for several hours.

But the game will NEVER die, because it's a blizzard game.
>>
somewhere under the cosmetics and press-q-to-win gameplay, there is a really solid shooter

it is too bad we will never see it.

oh well, time to play more overwatch.
>>
File: CjerrqqUUAIs__t.jpg (69 KB, 393x1199) Image search: [Google]
CjerrqqUUAIs__t.jpg
69 KB, 393x1199
>>339088645
It will last longer than Battleborn, that's for sure.
>>
>>339088645
This shit is already dead

It takes me 5 WHOLE fucking seconds to get into a match. Why is this allowed.
>>
>>339093164
>makes me feel all my wins are just a waste of time
>I need a skinner box to enjoy a game

Life is about the journey not the destination, anon.
>>
File: CTWAVZRUwAAGcVt[1].png (195 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
CTWAVZRUwAAGcVt[1].png
195 KB, 600x394
>Overwatch
>dead

Yea its as dead as your mom after you open this image
>>
>>339088645
That's exactly why I did buy it. Wanted to experience it but thought it might die out before a sale
>>
>>339088645
>The only reason I haven't bought it is because I'm worried it will barely have any players 3 months from now.
This is exactly the problem with casualizing games. The characters are so restricted because of abilities and ultimates. I think this is the reason why TF2 is still popular today after so long (8 years something?), as the physics and gameplay allows for a lot of both individual and team based experimentation.
>>
File: 5102510251.gif (165 KB, 693x600) Image search: [Google]
5102510251.gif
165 KB, 693x600
>>339088645
This game is amazing and it will last a long time thanks to its amazing ever growing community
>>
>>339094036
no
>>
>>339088645
It's a Blizz game, it might drop after a few years but there will always be players
>>
its good, but there is not enough content to last. we will just have to wait until the new chsrscters come in
>>
>>339089492
The difference is that HotS is competing in a pseudo-genre that already has two absolute giants and a lot of tribalism (people pick their game and it's *their* game). Overwatch doesn't have nearly as stiff of competition. Battleborn is shit and is also more of a MOBA, and aside from that there's TF2 and, what, Dirty Bomb? Nothing is a LoL or Dota-level giant.
>>
>>339088645
The competitive queue is coming out next month so if you enjoy playing games competitively you'll be able to play it for the next 3-5 months no problem

Also Blizzard stated that they will be providing future content (heroes and maps) for free, so there will probably be a large community for it that will snowball it to be bigger and bigger like other blizzard games did
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.