[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DaS3 beginner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault3.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault3.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
Anything I should know when starting this?
I mean are there irreversible mistakes that I could run into? Also what to invest souls in?
>>
>>339079937
There are irreversible mistakes, yes.

Firstly tell me what sorts of weapons you like.
>>
>>339079937
Play as blind as possible. The game has high replay value, so don't worry about fucking up your first playthrough.

In fact, looking back on your naive first playthrough is pretty entertaining, laughing at your old mistakes
>>
>>339079937
Is this your first souls game ?
If so why would you start with this one
If not?
Why didn't you learn anything from the older games
>>
You're going to die a lot. Don't get discouraged on your first playthrough. That's the mistake most of my normie friends made.
>>
>>339079937
Try to play DaS1 first
>>
Of course there are irreversible mistakes, but none that will ruin the game for you. Probably the only major thing you should actually care about is looking up the requirements for getting into Moundmakers, because it'd be a bit of a bitch if you missed an entire covenant until NG+.
>>
Don't fight bosses as soon as you find them. Make sure you've explored the whole area and found as much as you can before killing the boss and moving on.

In several areas, killing the boss locks you out of certain things.
>>
>>339080474
You can join it either before the second boss or after killing the second-to-last boss
>>
What platform are you on, OP?
>>
>>339080615
If you kill the second boss (incredibly intuitive) and piss off Sirris by joining Rosaria's Fingers (very possible, at the least), you can't get it.
>>
>>339080389
This. Literally celebrate your errors, it's your first playthrough and the idea should be absorb everything you can around you. Read item descriptions, talk to NPC's, experiment with treasures and ring combinations. I'm sure you will have fun OP
>>
>>339080761
Oh yeah, forgot about the Fingers thing.

Pretty stupid, especially since it's a non-Covenant
>>
>>339080316
>Firstly tell me what sorts of weapons you like.
I don't know. I liked the Ludwig's blade in Bloodborne. I'd say I like relatively fast weapons with high damage?

>>339080449
>Is this your first souls game ?
I only played Bloodborne before.

>>339080547
Thanks, this is good to know.

>>339080687
>What platform are you on, OP?
PS4

>>339080789
Thanks.
>>
>>339081145
Well since you already know the Souls formula, more or less, from Bloodborne, there isn't really much you need to know.
>>
>>339080850
Doesn't hat only happen if you offer a Tongue?

>>339081145
>I'd say I like relatively fast weapons with high damage?
You'll probably want to go for a dex build then.
>>
>>339081461
Correct. And it's only a Tongue offered to rank up. Respeccing and changing your face are safe
>>
Level VGR and END to 35 each, and then STR and DEX to 40 each.

Use the Prisoner's Chain (a late-game ring) which gives you 15 free levels at the cost of 10% more damage taken, which isn't much at all.
>>
A pure melee playthrough is pretty good for a first playthrough since you can test out almost all the weapons
>>
>>339081634
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. (whatever this means lel)
>>
>>339081925
Oh. VIG=Vigor=HP
END=Endurance=Stamina
STR=Strength=Stronk
DEX=Dexterity=Skill
>>
>>339081531
Just equipping the covenant ring will fuck you out of sirris. Or respeccing, not sure.
>>
>>339082879
Good thing that equipping the Covenant sigil has literally no effect
>>
>>339082936
Then it's the respec. I did that and sirris got mad.
>>
>>339082879
They changed that with the patch 1.04 lil homie
>>
>>339083585
ok thanks big guy
>>
>>339079937
Boss weapons suck ass.
Magic is meh.
Dark sword is OP.

Don't worry too much about fucking up your stats.
You can respec 5 times in one game.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.