[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the ps3 version of this really that bad? Does it worsen the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: dp_sandwich.png (312 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
dp_sandwich.png
312 KB, 600x336
Is the ps3 version of this really that bad? Does it worsen the experience to a significsnt degree?
>>
It makes the combat way easier, which is a good thing unless you're a huge masochist, but the framerate is pretty dodgy and the added content isn't worth writing home about.

It's fine all around, but I'm sure the PC version is fixed up by now if you want the least messed up version.
>>
>>339076591

Play 360 version if possible. PS3 version adds nothing good except for one bullet sponge enemy that was fixed. The new cutscenes are awful.

The "fixed" camera is even worse in the PS3 version.
>>
>>339078624
There's been like nothing done to the PC version after the last patch which was a month after release. It's still the best version of the game, but only if it doesn't constantly crash on you which is completely random from computer to computer and seems to be based on RNG from a seed generated when you were born.

Also every version is fucked up in different ways. It wouldn't be DP if it wasn't fucked up.
>>
>>339078624
>It's fine all around, but I'm sure the PC version is fixed up by now if you want the least messed up version.
Not really, it crashes after a random amount of time on a lot of systems still. It's an amazing game that's worth playing on whatever platform you have, but each one has it's issues unfortunantly.
>>
>>339079001
What about the pal "Red Seeds Profile" version?
>>
Was the key glitch fixed on the ps3 version? And are the sidestories interesting?
>>
>>339079301
That's just the 360 version ported to PS3 for Japan. No reason to get it over any other version unless you want to play the game in Japanese.
>>
Was the key glitch fixed on the ps3 version? And are the sidestories interesting?
>>
No, some anons are retarded and hate the new cutscenes to the rate they'll declare them non-canon. Play the Director's Cut if you want to get the whole deal.

>>339079485
Don't know about the key glitch, I beat the game twice on PS3. Some of them are and many of them will make the game easier, however they do get tedious. George's sidequest is a must do.
>>
the 'grandfather telling grandson a story' framing they tacked on is quite insultingly bad, but you can ignore it at least.

i prefer the shittier graphics of xbox in that weird way some people like the 'warm' scratch of records. it better fits the atmosphere somehow
>>
>>339076591
NIKO MY COUSIN
>>
>>339078624
>>339079096
>>339079110

You guys using DPfix?
I'd recommend it.

Also anyone who does play the PC version should save every single opportunity they see a savespot.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.