[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>marketed as a competitive love letter to 90s shooters >Slower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 1226x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 1226x686
>marketed as a competitive love letter to 90s shooters

>Slower than cod

>no ammo management

>Virtually all class have only 1 weapon

>virtually no advanced movement mechanics

How is blatantly lying allowed? Just because you have Healthpacks doesnt make your game evocative of 90s shooters.
>>
File: Wii_U_screenshot_TV_004_A2.jpg (454 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Wii_U_screenshot_TV_004_A2.jpg
454 KB, 1280x720
fuck this shit, this board is already overwatch central

this thread is now about bikinis in video games
>>
>>339070590

>I LIKE CHERRY PICKING
>>
>>339070829
>bikinis in videogames
>didn't lead off with chainmail bikini on a deliciously depraved warrior slut

You disappoint me, son.
>>
>>339070590
>>marketed as a competitive love letter to 90s shooters

No one said this. the only person lying here is you, Faggot. If you hate the game so much don't make ANOTHER thread.
>>
>>339070983
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMnJ5XJH6Q
>>
>>339070983
Except Blizzard pretty much said it in that Overwatch video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMnJ5XJH6Q
>>
File: 1437329428444.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1437329428444.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>339070590

no
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10325817
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10325817
http://www.strawpoll.me/10325817
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10325817
>>
>>339070590
>no ammo management

managing any sort of resource in a game is fucking annoying
>>
File: killurself.png (318 KB, 1044x408) Image search: [Google]
killurself.png
318 KB, 1044x408
>>339070590
>>
>>339070590
It's allowed when you shill your game everywhere on the internet and make pretty CG animated shorts.
>>
>>339071225
>thinking is hard
Looks like Overwatch is just the right game for a retard like you.
>>
File: laughing support.png (242 KB, 883x481) Image search: [Google]
laughing support.png
242 KB, 883x481
>>339070590
>It's another thread made by another butbblasted valvedrone

Stay mad
>>
File: 1357351908282.jpg (28 KB, 217x265) Image search: [Google]
1357351908282.jpg
28 KB, 217x265
>>339071172
>Overwatch fanbase doesn't know a thing about their own game
>>
In what game was ammo ever important anyway? Quake? Fuck no, you barely survived enough to spend the ammo you pick up for anything. UT? Hell no, ammo was everywhere.

Where exactly does ammo matter?
>>
>>339072145
"oh no, i better go waste time running around the map for ammo instead of defending the base!"
>>
>>339070590
It's a meme game. it's fun for a week and become a chore to play after that. Like all recent blizzard games basically.
>>
>>339072307
To sperglords

Ammo is only important in solo deathmatch games because you memorize the respawn times of ammo and health as you jump around the map. When I played Quake 3 and UT2k4/99 it was a big factor

But that would be senseless in Overwatch. Overwatch is about sticking together in one team-group, usually on a payload. Would fucking encourage more teammate spread if ammo was scattered around, they'd be all out looking for it.
>>
>>339070590

It's just TF2 but even more dumbed down. It would be fine if it was free and had more content.
>>
File: 1cc1190137.jpg (87 KB, 804x944) Image search: [Google]
1cc1190137.jpg
87 KB, 804x944
>>339070829
And you post an even shittier game. In your desperate attempt to derail the thread, allow me to give you a bit of history on FE and explain why this game is so bad. Nintendo made a western fantasy inspired SRPG series 25 years ago, it featured all sorts of fucked up shit like incest and indoctrination of children into the cult of nationalism, and that kind of stuff. Of course, casuals don't care about that kind of stuff (or know how to import/download fan translations) so it wasn't doing so well and only became known in the west because of Mars and Roy being in Smash Brothers since no one watched the OVA, and of course, most didn't even play the ones that did get localized. Nintendo got desperate and made a new Fire Emblem that was heavily anime inspired, so it went from being like Lodoss to being like Queen's Blade(along with being casualized in general). It was a huge hit (with casuals), but many posters here warned people that this was going to set the precedent and they were ignored due to being outnumbered by the blind. After this success, a crossover with Megami Tensei was announced, which turned out to actually be an Idolmaster game, but with some occasional sword fighting, proving the aforementioned warning posts correct. Think about that. We went from a game where you lead a cowardly lord down the path of being a brave man and growing as a person to regressive shit that panders to men that will never grow up and only like to think about sexual acts they will never be able to perform on actual women, yet at the same time, aren't even smart enough to just play Eroge. Seriously, if you need some suggestions, you could always check out the Rance series or Valis X if you want to see sex in a medieval setting (You don't pay attention to the plot anyway, clearly, so the lack of translation for a lot of these games won't bother you). (cont.)
>>
File: 1462054186752.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462054186752.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>339070829
>>339073762
Lightning Warrior Raidy has an official translation for you pseudo moralfags that has more boobies than you underage retards can probably count. Boobs Wars is yet another anime game with sword fighting and actual genitalia depicted. Now, I know the fucktarded are already typing out their posts about Mars having a waifu with big boobies, but consider the fact that Mars didn't have to force Shiida's to put on some makeup and start singing to show that he liked her, since the developers at least had like an ounce of respect for women at the time. The worst part is when we talk about how this is nothing like the earlier games, they'll cite the completely played straight depictions of incest and period accurate underage marriage as evidence of it always being an anime game since we all know that Deliverance is an anime movie, as is The Woodsman since both involve incest and pedophilia which are anime exclusive tropes that make everything into super funny comedy anime. You people can believe whatever you want to believe, just stop ruining good franchises, play fap games since that's what you are here for anyway, and please stay the fuck away from actual threads about FE that aren't just "I want to marry x!", "X is cute! Cute!", or "X has no ass! X has no tits! X has no boingy bits!" or whatever memes are currently being spouted by these types of people. And you KNOW that that is exactly why they care because 90% of the discussion you see about #FE on /v/ is about pandering stuff being removed. I know you kiddies weren't on /v/ at the time, but do you recall people complaining about the removed elements in Radiant Dawn to the point that 90% of the game discussion was about the change of some of the lines in the EU version, the lack of dual audio, or change of character names? (cont.)
>>
File: 3.jpg (322 KB, 1557x2000) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
322 KB, 1557x2000
>>339074078
>>339070829
No, because the game had at least SOME features it could stand up on its own with beyond lol boobies. That is the only reason casuals and most of /v/ cares about this game and the people complaining about the censorship don't even play Fire Emblem anyway, because they would be more concerned with the fact that it's a kusoge than the fact that it's a censored kusoge.

So yeah, you're a terrible person just for considering a purchase of a game, a foregone conclusion which you've proven completely true already by attempting to derail a thread about a game you don't like without even providing negative points about the game (which is very easy with Overwatch. Seriously, you can't even manually choose maps or mission modes? What's up with that?) and simply invading a thread where your useless opinions are not wanted or needed. Kindly head off back to your mom's basement and realize that you are a useless piece of human trash that literally nobody likes and the entire world would be better off without someone like you. The quality of /v/ would improve tenfold if people simply stayed out of threads relating to things they have no interest in, especially if they can't even back up their dissenting opinions with facts. You have YouTube comment sections for that sort of nonsense.
>>
>>339073762
I feel like this is pasta, but either way it's really depressing when put into perspective. Hopefully this inspires people to go back and emulate gems they missed from back when games had some kind of inspiration.
>>
>>339070590
When was it ever marketed as an arena shooter?
>>339074528
I wrote it myself and I've yet to see anyone use the exact same argument. I'm actually a little disappointed.
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>90's shooters
stopped reading there, all 90's shooters sucked cock
>>
>>339075128
Even Unreal Tournament?
>>
>>339075191
even unreal tournament
>>
I hope Starcraft 3 removes resource management too. It's boring.
>>
>>339075191
Especially Unreal Tournament.
>>
They had to develop the game for consoles in mind. Normies love console shooters that are ultra casual.
>>
File: 1310419087815.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1310419087815.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>339070590

It doesnt even have RANKED MATCHES LOLFUCKINGMAO
>>
main problem is the game revolves around cooldowns and ultimates

it's like WoW or a moba or something

all the ranked games will come down to calling out ultimates and comboing ultimates
>>
>>339075392
Yeah? And? Some of them are meant to be that way. You aren't supposed to kill everyone with Mei's ult, or Zarya's. They're meant for teammates to jump in.
>>
>>339075289

>implying Ground Control isn't a fantastic series despite not having to gather resources
>>
>>339075392
>it's like WoW or a moba or something
That's exactly what it is. TF2, but remove all the skill, variety, strategy, and teamwork. Now add MOBA cancer. You get Overwatch.
>>
>Torbjorn and Bastion enabled when playing attack
Fucking change this
>>
Overwatch
the game so casual
even kids with cerebral palsy can do good in it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4kwjfe/thank_you_blizzard_for_allowing_me_to_snipe_for
>>
>>339075623
>Not slamming a turret on the payload and constantly healing it while your short body is being protected

Come on, son.
>>
>>339075028
People realize it but probably haven't put thought into it to realize why it's that bad. You're on a website where people are too apathetic and drained of energy to even google information that they WANT to figure out.
>>
>>339075623
>He thinks the attack heroes for being on the attacking team, and defense heroes are for the defending team
Jesus christ
>>
>>339075756
So? I've seen worse. I've seen a blind man beat Ocarina of Time. That doesn't make it any less enjoyable.
>>
>>339075623
Learn to fucking play.
>>
>>339075893
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. DSP trying to crouch jump in Half-life. I watched Polygon spamming bullets in Doom. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.
>>
>>339070590
Wait really? I thought it was marketed as a shitty TF2 with a lot of waifus.
>>
>>339075392
>main problem is the game revolves around cooldowns and ultimates

Pretty much. There is so little need to aim right in this game compared to others shooters. It's the epitome of casual. When I hear some fans claiming very seriously the game is going to be a huge E.sport I laugh.
>>
Why are people so mad about a game they don't play?
>>
>>339076580
Autism. They don't understand the concept of a containment game either. It's like how I don't want the people that play CSGO to play Unreal Tournament or Quake Live with me. I should actually be happy that they don't, because they won't suddenly become better people if they play the game I enjoy.
>>
>>339070590

>How is blatantly lying allowed?

lying isn't illegal.

I'm just wondering how so many people fell for this meme game just because it's blizzard who made it.

I imagine people who like anything recent blizzard made are like, heroine addicts, crying as they inject themselves, trying to recreate those old memories of when blizzard was good.
>>
>>339076402
But it probably will. Keep in mind that lots of casual games become wildly popular, E.G. League of Legends, Hearthstone, and Pokemon.
>>
>>339075392
well the game was originally going to be an mmo
>>
>>339070590
>Slower than cod
really
>no ammo management
it's a heavy team-base game, so less individual skill
>Virtually all class have only 1 weapon
but each char has different weapon, some has 2 form of ammo each
>virtually no advanced movement mechanics
what is abilities
>>
File: 7dc.jpg (33 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
7dc.jpg
33 KB, 320x213
>>339077234
>heavy team-base game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxO8AqZcekk
>>
>>339076580
>100 threads a day about fucking OW waifus flooding the board.
>>
>>339074510
A non weebfag with a sensible opinion, and posts Anchang. A rarity on /v/.
>>
>>339070590
Uuuuh. it nrever claimed that.
>>
>90s shooters
>"ammo management"
>"advanced movement mechanics" like sprint
yeah nah
>>
>>339077514
>citing memeikal as a source of fact
>>
>>339072329
>searching for healthkits is a waste of time
>>
>>339077174
It has zero staying power imho. League for all its flaws is -or at least used to be- pretty deep and allow for a lot of strategies and counter strategies both in team and at an individual level. That makes it a game fit for e.sport, with a rich and evolving meta.

OW on the other hand has nothing of that. It's a super shallow and rigid game. 5 days is and I was already feeling bored of how repetitive the games are. Sure each heros are different but when you play them there is so very little variations allowed. You keep doing the same thing over and it doesn't feel rewarding either as having a good aim means little in the face of abilities. In this game you're mostly waiting for your cooldowns and that's it. This in turn make the skillcap very low.

So basically you have a game that doesn't reward very much individual plays and skills. Ok fine I can get behind that. But the problem is it it's not rich enough strategically to be a good competitive team game either. So what is left of it? not very much.

That's why I think it's going to dwindle down pretty fast once the novelty has worn off and people realize how shallow it actually is.
>>
>>339077818
>says Mars and Shiida instead of Marth and Caeda
>bragging about his knowledge of some irrelevant Nintendo game from 2 decades ago
>posting le angry asian man who's apparently in some shit metal band that only 12 year olds like, like all of metal
Nope, sounds like the typical retarded weeaboo faggot to me
>>
File: 1386720303471.jpg (18 KB, 438x428) Image search: [Google]
1386720303471.jpg
18 KB, 438x428
>>339070590
>is a "shit that never happened" thread
>>
>>339079661
the commercials mention quake
>>
>go to subway
>sandwich artist is hot, has big tits, and gives you a blowjob
>you yell at her and say "what the fuck, I wanted one of those pizzas you make!"
>she cries and runs out of the room, saying "I'll never be a good sandwich artist now!"
this is how retarded you sound right now
>>
>>339071124
They never said it was quake they said they took alot of inspiration from such games

Also it is fast paced as shit if you take advantage of your movement ability's and have a good team
>>
>>339072261
Im loving the game and this is a sad truth

People dont fucking know how to play the game
They never take advantage the verticality to try to flank
They never take advantage of the sound design to know where the enemy's are (every class has there own foot step sounds except zenyatta who has none
They always main and rarely change class to counter the enemy then bitch in chat when there hard counter keeps killing them
I can go on and on with a good team this game is outstanding but it seems no one knows how the fuck to play it
>>
>>339073283
The only real similarity's are that they are cartoony class based shooters yes the modes are the same but they are generic modes on the genera

TF2 feels like a full blown fps where as overwatch is a fps with the characters from a moba

Also to call it even more dumbed down is kind of unfair given A TF2 has a insanely high skill ceiling with all the kinds of movement you can do in it and B the deph in overwatch comes from a compleatly different place then it does in tf2

Where as tf2 is mostly movement overwatch is more about flanking with your map knowledge, knowing synergy's and counters, Teamwork and all that stuff

Look if you want to criticize overwatch thats fine but dont be a tard about it
>>
>>339080503
As one of there inspirations not the only inspiration
>>
>>339071654
>tallgeese

Hacking piece of shit.
>>
>>339081438
This so fucking hard cant wait until they add competitive back in from the 2nd beta hopefully there people can play the fucking game

As someone who was in the 2nd beta I will say this They tried to do the whole low skill floor high skill ceiling thing but in reality its more like they made a 2 floor building and the only fun one is the 2nd floor (where skilled play is and the depth can be found)
>>
the worst thing is that it only has matchmaking, rather than a server browser with private servers. that was one of the best things about 90s shooters. this game won't have anything like the communities that formed around old quake and halflife mods
>>
>>339080949
That analogy made no fucking sense, and it's still a shit game. Your analogy is like if I asked you what time it was, and instead you started talking about jesus.
>>
>>339081438
Fuck I hate healing. I hope ranked mode fixes this shit. I keep getting tanks that don't group up and face rush bastion. Then they complain about the lack of heals. Nigga you the one that fought a dps that can out damage all healers in the game.
>>
>>339082312
delusional fool. why do you think tf2 switched to the game finder method and practically hid their server finder?
>>
>>339072307
it matters in games with multiple weapons. Especially power weapons that kill in 1 shot. You dont want players to have it all game. In overwatch there is literally no reason to have ammo, because weapons aren't switchable anyways. It actually makes me wonder why TF2 had ammo.
>>
>>339082409

the best system is to have both, obviously, with matchmaking for more competitive games and server browser for more variety. csgo is a good example.

but you sound too young to have had real experience with games like tf or tfc or natural selection, so you probably don't know what you're talking about
>>
I don't think Blizzard ever directly marketed it as that
>>
>>339082684
is that all you got? pathetic. times have changed. game "communities" no longer exist as they did in the 90s-00s. social media is where it's at now.
>>
>>339070829
OP is an absolute retard and outright lying but you can kindly fuck off.
>>
>>339082491
Because unlike TF2 (and this is no insult to overwatch as its a clear design decision) In overwatch all charaters are based on 1 weapon if they have 2 its ether there only damage dealer or in the case of dva there only weapon out of there mech where as TF2 each character has 3 or more ammo is a way to keep them from using there best weapons the whole time
>>
>>339075562
>TF2, but remove all the skill, variety, strategy, and teamwork.
Overwatch has just as much of that, though. In different ways, but it's there.

You haven't played TF2 recently, have you? It's an unbalanced mess with little to no skill involved. Snipers are better than literally every other class at this point.

Stop talking about games you don't play.
>>
garden warfare>overwatch
>>
>>339083147
But anon I like both. Well, the first Garden Warfare at least since I haven't tried 2 yet.
>>
>>339082383
That happened to me once
>>
>>339079481
It will have its time in the spotlight, when it will die. If fucking Starcraft 2 was killed off, OW has no chance.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.