[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wagecuck in need of a super satisfying RPG, lads. I've got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Diablo_II_Coverart.png (166 KB, 256x362) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_II_Coverart.png
166 KB, 256x362
Wagecuck in need of a super satisfying RPG, lads. I've got a three day weekend and a powerful need for some satisfying mechanics. Could be turn-based, action, or whatever the fuck. Just recommend me some games.

Anything with
>super satisfying loot
>interesting ability system / character customization
>fun combat

Loved Divinity Original Sin and just got done playing SMT: Nocturne, Dark Souls 3, and Baldur's Gate 2, so I'm open to most kinds of RPGs.
>>
>>339070439
p-pls
>>
Since you posted D2, maybe Path of Exile?
>>
>>339070439
Probably Nox or Divine Divinity. Don't expect the best loot systems, though.
>>
>>339071428
PoE is so fucking boring it's intolerable.
>>
>>339070439
incredible adventures of van helsing
>>
>>339071472
I had a great time when I played it, but that was a while ago. Different strokes I guess
>>
>>339070439
im on vacation for two weeks (first vacation in three years). gonna play Path of Exile probably. Im about 10 hours in and I like it a bunch.
>>
I sank a lot of Hours into Grimdawn before losing interest.

really good game that checks all the boxes, strongly recommend.
>>
File: 1464314309454.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1464314309454.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
>there is no good loot em ups anymore
>>
How about Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen ? It checks all your needs and more imho.
>>
>>339070439

Etrian odyssey IV
>>
>>339071428
Played pretty thoroughly. Got all the achievements for the Perandus season and got burnt out.

>>339071660
Played it with my friends a while back. Pretty good.

>>339071506
Bought the definitive edition, stopped playing after finishing the first one. Too much of a lightweight Diablo clone. Everything feels flighty.

>>339071749
I got ten hours into Dragon's Dogma and found I couldn't stand the stamina system. I'm too autistic about exploring every nook and cranny, and they gave us this massive overworld, and if you want to explore it, you have to wait for your pawns to run over to you and refill your stamina every five seconds.

>>339071813
Played it. Pretty good.
>>
>>339070439
Try the Diablo 2 mods?
Median has all of the things you listed but it looks like some shitty fan mod at first
>>
>>339071660
Only downside is lack of multiplayer support. It was even hard for me to play with a bro through himachi and shit.

to be fair, the developers said from the get go that it was supposed to be a single player experience and the multiplayer was just tacked on, but still.

but very satisfying loot/character customization/hack n slash mechanics
>>
>>339071883
Are D2 mods usable with the game if you purchased it directly from the Blizzard store? I might try that out.
>>
>>339072097
I actually don't know but i think it doesn't work with 1.14, only 1.12 and 1.13
>>
>>339071685
>Implying even diablo 2 was actually good
It was a tedious activity then, and only got more tedious as the genre developed.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.