[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was alright. Had low expectations though. >Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 33
File: Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg (392 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg
392 KB, 600x960
It was alright. Had low expectations though.

>Everything about the humans is bad, expect Lothar
>Everything about the orcs is really good
>Arcane magic visual effects look like shit coming straight from the 80s
>The movie name-drop a lot and doesn't give a shit if regular people don't know a thing about the universe
>Bunch of freedom with the lore, sometimes huge.

I don't think it was a great movie, but it's okay for the fans.
>>
>>339068420
>>>/tv/
>>
>22% on Rotten Tomatoes
>Stormwind doesn't burn to the fucking ground
>Orcs are fucked because of fel magic, not demon blood
>Llane tells Garona to kill him so she can be free, and this is done within the orc encampment, not Stormwind
Yeah, nah, it's shit.
>>
>>339068613
>Orcs are fucked because of fel magic, not demon blood
Same thing really, but at least now orc fans can't pull the
>They were under demon influence
When trying to defend the horrors of the first war or what they did to the draenei >>339068420
>Arcane magic visual effects look like shit coming straight from the 80s
You're full of shit
>>
>>339069135
Wait what's wrong with the Orcs having been under demon influence with them actually being chill Shaman bros?

I thought it came across really well in WC3.
>>
>>339070297
Look when they killed every single draenei and made a road out of their bones in the game you could say they did that because of the demonic influence.

But in the movie when they line up women and children for sacrifice but have not had demon blood in them then they are just a cruel savage race.
>>
>>339070297
Not entirely certain when it was added in, but in the first game they were the servants of the burning legion, expressly because the drank the blood of mannoroth, which caused them to get big and stronk and mad as fuck. It basically made them slaves to the will of demons (particularly mannoroth).

In the second game they were still crazy demon worshippers largely.

The third game had them try and return to pastoral shaman-y roots and basically turned them into dindu's. That said I didn't really *mind* their pastoral tribe-like roots, it just upset a lot of people.
>>
>>339070589
Oh. I haven't seen the movie so I'm not remarking on it. I have no hopes for it.
>>339070631
Yeah it became a thing in the third game. They were still batfuck in 2 and presumably 1. I never actually beat WC1. I tried, I really did. But I got like 2 levels in and I just couldn't play it anymore.
>>
>>339071710
>I never actually beat WC1. I tried, I really did. But I got like 2 levels in and I just couldn't play it anymore.

It hasn't aged well. I don't blame you for that. You could just cheat your whole way through it?
>>
>>339071710
>. I have no hopes for it.
It's not that bad, expect some good things from it as a movie. As a warcraft fan expect a lot of good things, but also expect a lot of things to piss you off.

Like really piss you off.
>>
File: 1449156388936.png (273 KB, 518x700) Image search: [Google]
1449156388936.png
273 KB, 518x700
Just saw the movie, and considering myself as a somewhat big fan of warcraft I would give this movie 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

The fight scenes were pretty great (except the last one) and the movie looked for the most part pretty good. It also had a bunch of small scenes for the fans which I really enjoyed. But the rest of the movie was really below average quality or straight up shit, and made me roll my eyes a whole lot. Would have been a lot more enjoyable if they didnt give so much focus on Garona since basically everything about her was just so awful.

>mfw every time Garona is in a scene talking about her feelings or something stupid

Like goddamn, I came for the goddamn warcraft stuff, why does every goddamn movie have to have this shit? Who honestly enjoys this?
>>
>>339073443
How much did they fuck over Lothar's character?
>>
>>339073443
>much focus on Garona since basically everything about her was just so awful.
But they have to, she is a main character from the game they didn't die.

Just be glad we didn't get a scene where she fucks Medivh
>>
>>339073443
Apparently the movie is a smash hit in foreign markets, so if we're lucky we might get a second one (that's better than the first).

I'd love to have a trilogy of third war or something like that.
>>
File: 1445734204789.png (196 KB, 326x329) Image search: [Google]
1445734204789.png
196 KB, 326x329
>>339073952
Lothar was pretty meh honestly, I kinda expected him to be a charismatic and "fucking kill all these fucking orcs" kind of guy, but instead he is your average capeshit main character with his occasional one liner and quips. He also for some reason has a son that dosent get enough development for us to care about(I could be wrong here but I dont remember him having one in the games).

>>339074064
The problem with Garona is that they really didnt do anything interesting with her (not that they admittedly could do much with her,but still). All she does is act as a interpretor between orcs and humans and go "hurr dur orcs are better than humans" and looks constently worried and talks about love with the other humans.
>>
File: 1464358199997.png (168 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1464358199997.png
168 KB, 720x1280
>>339074848
>Apparently the movie is a smash hit in foreign markets, so if we're lucky we might get a second one (that's better than the first).
Yeah that worked out well for The Last Airbender

Studios don't do huge summer blockbusters to barely make their money back in a universally panned film. They might try again, but you can kiss your Warcraft cinematic universe goodbye.
>>
Just a few questions

Durotan dies?
Draka dies?
Gul'dan dies or is put in a coma like hes supposed to?
>>
>>339074848
>Apparently the movie is a smash hit in foreign markets
What, the movie opened today in Europe so it's to early to say it's a smash hit.
>>339075046
>but you can kiss your Warcraft cinematic universe goodbye.
I'm pretty sure that they aren't aiming for one either.
>>
>>339075210
Yes
Yes
No
>>
>>339075394
No what?
what happens to him?

If hes alive we will probably get the sequel.
>>
File: 1464362579331.png (737 KB, 1030x904) Image search: [Google]
1464362579331.png
737 KB, 1030x904
>>339075314
>I'm pretty sure that they aren't aiming for one either.
I'm pretty sure you haven't kept up with news about the movie.
>>
>>339075485
Durotan dies in a orc duel with Gul'dan (but Gul'dan cheats and everyone points this out))
Draka dies protecting Thrall, she gets stabbed by an orc that she kills by biting his throat off. Seriously she was digging in like it was a piece of grilled meat
Not in a coma and still alive, but I don't think the Orcs will be listening to him anymore.
>>
>>339075595
I'm talking about a cinematic universe, which I don't recall anyone talking about. Sequels maybe but not cinematic universe
>>
>>339074848
Yeah, Id like to see a trilogy of the third war as well. I do think the movie will do better than expected and hopefully will justify that to happen. Im a goddamn sucker for Arthas and his story in wc3.

>>339075485

Guldan has his duel with Durotan but wins in an unfair way and kinda just walks away or some shit. Im thinking he is still gonna be there but not as the leader as he was in the next movie.
>>
>>339075485
Gul'dan stays around until he makes death knights in the second war, and then fucks off to try and open the tomb of sargeras, and is promptly ripped apart by demons.

His skull is at that point used as a focusing point / totem for demonic energies (particularly by ner'zhul). beyond the dark portal stuff happens, and draenor gets exploded into outland.

His skull is brought back into the world by demons and is used to start corrupting the felwood. Illidan thinks briefly about destroying the skull but instead decides to use all the demonic power contained within it to fuel a magical transformation into a half-demon.
>>
>>339068420
I was actually pretty interested in watching this.

I don't know jack shit about the series, and I probably will never cause it seems retarded.

Was the movie at least fun? I love going into movies that I have low expectations for cause it's thoroughly enjoying to be surprised.
>>
>>339073443
What is even the point in watching a Warcraft movie set during the first game if Blackhand and Uther and Ner'zhul don't show up
>>
>>339076246
>Was the movie at least fun
After the first 35 minutes (which is all just set up) yes
>>
>>339076298
Blackhand was in the movie

Uther was no in the first movie and neither was Ner'zhul, that's the second game.
>>
>>339076246
It tries to cram way too much stuff in without adequately explaining a lot of it, which leaves some of the characters and events pretty shallow, poorly developed and rushed... but apparently the visuals are fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1456751874556.jpg (34 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1456751874556.jpg
34 KB, 453x604
Watched the movie yesterday

as a warcraft fan it felt actually really good

they were quite faithful to the visuals, the movie really has an ambience like I'm watching some wc3 cinematic and seeing the races, locations and characters in a truly high budget movie was a pretty cool feeling

they were also pretty faithful to the lore (compared how other video game adaptions like the prince of persia usually went)

however I can completely understand the bad ratings. If you aren't familiar enough with the setting the pacing can feel fucking bad, like sometimes they are trying to force down your throat too much "supposed to be important characters" and then suddenly comes some slow ass emotional talking sections

still if they made a sequel of the same quality about the wc3 storyline with the more memorable characters it would be pretty mindblowing
>>
>>339076327
>>339076410

Cool, I was forced to see BvS a while ago, and expected utter shit. I was surprised to find I at least found it fun. I think people just take shit way too seriously.

Might want to check this out now.
>>
saw it and i think its an insult to the franchise and except for the orc cgi it felt like watching a cheap fanmovie
>>
File: warcraft movie.jpg (135 KB, 637x742) Image search: [Google]
warcraft movie.jpg
135 KB, 637x742
>>339068420

They should have CGI'ed the humans too. C List actors simply suck.

Who's even the most famous Hollywood guy in the movie anyway?
>>
>>339077050
Wasn't this the guy that ate a hamster?
>>
>>339076805
But as a Warcraft fan the movie will also piss you off with what it did do with the lore
>Grommash and Kargath are in the movie, but they are just there and have no role to for fill.
>No mention of demon blood
>Not even a hint of whatever or not Sargeras was in Medivh
>Dalarn is already flying
>Khadgar being the one to discover how to use light magic, at least that's what I think happened.
>>339076809
Just know that most reviews for this movie seem to compare it to LOTR or dismiss it because it's a video game. So take the rotten tomato and metacritic score with a pinch of salt and read the reviews yourself instead
>>
>>339077050
Clearly the person who made this tweet was unaware Garona is half-orc.

But still, she's dressed retardedly.
>>
File: 1463034841993.png (51 KB, 548x1874) Image search: [Google]
1463034841993.png
51 KB, 548x1874
>>339077183
I think everyone expected WAY MORE changes in the story. I mean they really just changed a few details unlike in literally every video game adaptations that are pretty much like pic related.
>>
>>339077050
>wow lore

i thought the warcraft movie was a fucking joke

how the fuck did this even get made?
>>
>>339068420

All I care about is the ost. Do they use tunes from the games? Or is it all original stuff?
>>
>>339076246
The crash course is that orcs invade because they're tricked by demons, are helped into the world by a human, fight humans and eventually some of the good guy orcs try to fight the bad guys in their ranks and lose badly. But overall they make massive gains and establish a fairly permanent foothold.

-- this concludes the first war, and the second war starts shortly after.
There is an uneasy lack of hostilities for some time because stormwind (southernmost kingdom) largely got its ass kicked and the orcs are entrenched. So the orcs sail north to try and smash the middle kingdom of gilneas... and gilneas calls in its buddies - the high elves and they also make friends with some dwarves and gnomes. Thus the alliance is born. The Orc's make friends with trolls (by capturing their leader and threatening to murder his entire race), ogres and goblins.

The orcs even make friends with a horribly evil dragon who gives them the red dragon-queen of life, who they keep permanently pregnant so as to produce more offspring that they enslave. All sorts of fucked up shit goes down in the second war, but ultimately the gilnean alliance wins, and drives a majority of orcs into hiding, back into the dark portal or keeps a very small portion of them in internment camps.

I don't know all the events of the dark portal expansion, but they blow up a whole planet.
>>
>>339077183

Grom being there makes sense though. Sucks that he doesn't do anything. I was hoping we'd get a scene showing how fucking crazy he was back then. iirc thats the retcon explanation for why he wasnt in the first game right? He was so nuts they kept him on the other side of the portal so he didnt fuck it all up.

But you're telling me he does nothing?
>>
>>339077841
Sounds like a lot of shit going on, which is cool.
>>
>>339077917
>Grom being there makes sense though
I'm not saying it doesn't, I'm saying that it's bad to have him there if he doesn't do anything. Because otherwise you are wondering why he is even there.
>But you're telling me he does nothing?
He does a couple of fight scenes but he might as well have been a random Orc. They don't even give him a proper scream/roar.

Now Kargath, he was there for the sake of being there.
>>
>>339078870
movie only covers the first war, which still has a lot of shit going on.
>>
>>339071710
>I never actually beat WC1. I tried, I really did

I beat WC1 for the first time a few months ago. As I recall, most of the missions boiled down to rushing out a bunch of archers/spearmen and setting them in a firing line to destroy any approaching enemy units before they can get close. I might've had some melee units as a buffer just in case, catapults for support in later missions, and finally once you get daemons/water elementals all other units become obsolete.

An important note, you should AVOID scouting too far too quickly. The maps tend to have powerful units scattered all around at the start, and once they've been aggro'd they will seek out your base and attack it.

The game's got a lot of bullshit in it but once I got used to it I actually had a pretty good time with it, jumping right into the other campaign after beating the first one.
>>
>>339077678
They use some parts of famous themes like the classic Stormwind theme

The official soundtrack is meh, it's pretty generic but still decent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uriUPxg-YVo
>>
>>339080320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPjeNWDsszw

Is it this Stormwind theme? The one that starts at 0:00?
>>
>>339078906

ugh thats lame

When I saw shots of him with gorehowl and all I thought maybe we'd get to see him screaming at the top of his lungs as his axe sings through the air.

What a shame.
>>
I thought the movie came out June 10th.
>>
>>339080320
Not him but pretty generic yeah. Fuck, I wanted a at least like a remix of a WC1 or 2 song.

I mean how hard is it to make a savage drum version of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_752188&feature=iv&src_vid=DqpSPU12OIA&v=2JoqfjX_X1Q
>>
>>339080320

Thats not so bad.

No call to arms though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCQsUVZDo8o

Thats felt like the franchises main theme since WC3 to me.
>>
>>339080656
>>339081039

Actually nvm I'm retarded, it's not the Stormwind song
I'm pretty sure it's A Call To Arms but it's hard to distinguish

You can hear it here at 0:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KAZcf2cNA

supposedly there's more original WoW music in it but I havent seen it yet so I don't know
>>
>>339077841
>Gilneas
I think you mean Lordaeron senpai
>>
>>339081221
It's really hard to tell if that's anything with that short of a clip. No worries.
>>
>>339081221
That's like 8 Footmen, 1 Knight and a Hero unit against ... 6 grunts? Come on man, Humans aren't that weak.
>>
>>339073952
Lothar was already a pretty shitty character to begin with.

There was nothing they could really do for him other than just kill him.
>>
>>339081354
What a surprise, you're right. I thought it was gilneas. Mainly due to location.

Tarren mill, hillsbrad, southshore. Act 2 then moves into khaz modan / grim batol.

Act 3 is tyr's hand & alterac.

Act 4 ends with blackrock.

Based on the location, and gilnean navy might, I had thought that they were the major human players in that part and that they withdrew from the alliance after the second war.

Though it does make sense with all the lordaeron emblems on shit like paladin shields.
>>
fucking christ the footmen are a bunch of farmers
>>
>The Draenei exist due to WoW retcons
>Fel Magic instead of Mannoroth's Blood
>Thrall is stillborn, Gul'dan uses Fel magic on him to revive him
>Garona is nothing but a fucktoy, not even a spy for the Horde
>Every human is sympathetic to her, not just Llane
>Garona falls in love with Lothar
>Llane tells her to kill him so Blackhand won't get the honour
>Garona cries while stabbing Llane in the neck and becomes the biggest Orc hero for doing so
>Gul'dan defeats Durotan in Mak'gora
>Lothar defeats Blackhand in Mak'gora
>Draka stabbed by a random Grunt
>Medivh gets doubleteamed by Lothar and Khadgar only
>Stormwind doesn't get sacked shortly after Llane's death
>Flying Dalaran
>Worst mix of liveaction and CGI I've seen in years
>Awful fight choreography
A 5/10 at most.
>>
>>339081608
yeah but imagine it as wc3 grunts with bloodlust buff on all of them
>>
>>339081940
The fuck, man? Lothar's the reason Stormwind exists in the current timeline to begin with.

>Lead Stormwind survivors up to Lordaeron
>Convince King Terenas to kickstart the Alliance talks
>Serve as Supreme Commander of the Alliance Forces
>Led the charge at Blackrock Mountain after Orcs get their shit pushed in

Lothar was THE shit bruh. Pretty much the greatest knight who ever lived in WoW lore, nobody even comes close.
>>
What's a good place to read on Warcraft lore? Chronological order would be nice.
>>
>>339082536
>nobody even comes close
Uther? Tirion? Danath? Turalyon? Bolvar?
>>
>>339082662
Play the 3 vidyas and don't touch the books. Some are good but it's not worth all the retcons.
>>
>>339082662
Play the video games, the books are truly shit and most of the wikipedia sites have been changed due to constant retcons.
>>
>>339082749
>Warcraft 1
I tried really hard to enjoy it but I couldn't, the controls and mechanics just feels too outdated compared to later games.
>>
>>339082803
I liked the books
>>
>>339082662
Don't bother, if the movie makes a shitton of cash all the bookshit won't matter
Just play the games in chronological order
wc1>wc2tod>wc2btdp>wc3roc>wc3tft>WoW

If you really want to read like a nerd, read the wc2 and 3 manual, they're pretty excellent

id suggest going on a vanilla or BC private server to get a more seamless experience
>>
>>339082704
All are great heroes but Lothar essentially saved humanity from the orcs, the Alliance under his command beat the shit out of the orcs so bad they got race-wide PTSD and it turns out that prepared them to withstand the Legion in WC3.

Plus I kinda meant Knight literally. None of those are Knights, but paladins, warriors etc. Yeah IO know, autism about fantasy classes, woopdedoo.

Honestly the only one who comes close is Tirion because he's the great Paladin wand whacked the Lich King. Uther is my fave Paladin though, just he didn't achieve much besides being a baller father figure.
>>
>>339082980
I don't, it feels like they're written by 14-year-old retards and for some reason Blizzard expects everyone to read them to stay up-to-date on the lore.
Doesn't help that some faggot decided to viral the Warcraft books and Overwatch, and then talked about memes in WoW for ten minutes at the cinema before the shitty film began.
>>
File: latest[3].jpg (56 KB, 550x662) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].jpg
56 KB, 550x662
>>339082980
I did too at first, but eventually you see their true purpose
Most of the books that were made to "clarify the warcraft 1 and 2 story" were just spine breaking retcons designed to make deathwing (the next big thing at the time) seem imporant and strongly tied to warcraft history.

And it was fine, until the cataclysm ended and deathwing turned out the be a little bitch
now all of that shit is irrelevant and stands out as a sore thumb if you revisit it today

>>339083129
well, can't argue against that
>>
>>339082957
Use cheats, seriously. I know what you mean and I grew up with them, I was playing WC1 when it came out when I was 8. Alternatively, maybe see if there's some kind of modern emulator for them. I know there's ones for DOOM and Dune 2 that add features like click-drag to select more than 1 unit at a time. Maybe there's one for WC1.
>>
File: latest[5].jpg (38 KB, 439x686) Image search: [Google]
latest[5].jpg
38 KB, 439x686
>>339083269
and every book after the cataclysm now serves as plot hole fillament that gets instantly forgoten and retconed 1 expansion later
>>
>>339083358
Does game Stormwind have a Medivh statue? The film did.
>>
the first few Wow books were alright when they were telling the story of stuff pre - wow

Stopped getting them when they became advertising for the new expansions
>>
>>339083358
>>339083269
Pretty much bang on the money about the books. the only one that I still consider good is the Arthas book, because it's some new harmless backstory about Arthas and Jaina's relationship that was never really expanded upon before and then the other half is the WC3 story with more dialogue and a scene where Arthas fucks Jaina and essentially dumps her ass after.

Arthas was the original Chad Thundercock (or rather, Chad Lightcock)
>>
What's the point of having lore if you never fucking follow it?
>>
File: latest[6].jpg (35 KB, 289x600) Image search: [Google]
latest[6].jpg
35 KB, 289x600
>>339083647
Medivh isn't really looked well upon since he did doom humanity to constant war with the greenskins
The statue was probably destroyed during the sacking of Stormwind

But there is a really similar statue of Khadgar at the gates
>>
>>339083129
Yeah, no. Lothar is just the boring generic knight who through everything away to be the generic knight and ended up dying like a bitch by getting bopped on the head.

Humanity saved itself it didn't really need him.
>>
>>339083895
to sell books to nerds
and to act smug at conventions and interviews
"dudes that main character is like *snorts coke* the WORLD of warcraft like dude it has so much like *sniff* lore"
>>
>>339083923
Khadgar is better anyway. Of all the fuck ups from warcraft 1 and 2, he was the only one who was able to make it out more interesting that he initially was.
>>
File: nightfall-fixed-front-gate[1].png (2 MB, 1920x1018) Image search: [Google]
nightfall-fixed-front-gate[1].png
2 MB, 1920x1018
>>339083923
And heres all 5 statues at the gates
>>
has anyone got that Warcraft Chronicle book? seems pretty cool
>>
>>339084043
Man, even motherfucking Doomhammer feared and respected him, though not enough to not ambush him during a fake parlay (yes fuck you I'm going with the WC2 version)

Glad that cunt got run through by a mounted knight.
>>
File: latest[6].jpg (130 KB, 800x392) Image search: [Google]
latest[6].jpg
130 KB, 800x392
>>339084406
lmao doomhammer got beat up by a fanboy with a broken sword
>>
>>339083279

There's only DosBox for War1, War2 battle.net edition should run fine without the need of emulators
>>
>>339084076
Blizzard are such enormous faggots. Hopefully this movie ends this shitshow of a franchise for good and WoW finally shuts down.
>>
>>339075595
>fucking Garona
>a lethal ninja/rogue with orc genes
>not /fit/
FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>339084406
Yeah, no.

Bitch got dropped in a fair fight.
>>
>>339084776
No I meant something like zDOOM for DOOM or Dune Dynasty for Dune 2. Dune 2 doesn't natively support choosing more than 1 unit at a time and has a really small view window, while Dune Dynasty introduces the clickdrag for like 20+ units, adds a skirmish mode, allows you to play Sardaukar, Fremen and Mercenaries, custom maps and all that. even a music player! I just wonder if there's something that brings WC1 up to that modern standard.

>>339084732
Only good orc is a dead orc. Also lel what the fuck is up with Turalyon and the psycho grin? If anything it's Danath who should have it, dude's got a hateboner for Trolls and is one of the last Arathi trueborn.
>>
I genuinely love WoW lore, but the shit with alternate universes and Illidan in Legion is so pathetically bad it kind of turns me off entirely.
>>
File: AdmiralProudmoorePortrait.jpg (7 KB, 131x136) Image search: [Google]
AdmiralProudmoorePortrait.jpg
7 KB, 131x136
>>339085140
>"""""""""fair fight""""""""
Spotted the filthy blackblood
>>
File: latest[7].png (451 KB, 671x358) Image search: [Google]
latest[7].png
451 KB, 671x358
>>339085140
>wielding the fucking doomhammer
>fair fight
>>
>>339082662
You can't read WoW lore chronologically. It simply doesn't work. Just read the plot synopsis of Warcraft 1- WoW and you can work your way from there.
>>
>>339085275
Yep. Legion is gonna bomb harder than WoD. Really fucking pathetic how nobody at Blizzard realizes that literally anybody can write better than they can.
>>
File: turalyon-icon[1].gif (13 KB, 150x125) Image search: [Google]
turalyon-icon[1].gif
13 KB, 150x125
>>339085171
Turalyon used to be really messed up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe5JVJq5UlU
>>
Are there pandas?
>>
>>339085642
Hopefully Nostalrius' team convinces Blizz to do the effort for a Vanilla server. Kern's meeting went very well it seems, Mike Morhaime has been following it extremely closely.
>>
File: Vier-Reiter-Trollbane[1].jpg (51 KB, 461x721) Image search: [Google]
Vier-Reiter-Trollbane[1].jpg
51 KB, 461x721
>>339085171
yeah about them Arathi trueborn
>>
>>339084406
Worst retcon in the entire series if you ask me. It's basically the start of all the orc whitewashing.
>>
>>339085767
I don't trust anything that jew says.
>>
>>339081608
in wc universe humans are fucking huge and they make this shit look like rape
>>
File: 8WX8vg2[3].jpg (317 KB, 517x966) Image search: [Google]
8WX8vg2[3].jpg
317 KB, 517x966
>>339085961
The King is back baby!
and he's a fucking garrison follower
>>
>>339085679
Yup, I remember that. I always thought Turalyon was there on Draenor in BtdP mostly out of guilt.

Also I fucking love the WC2 voices. The install comes with the voice editor and you can export every single one as a single file, was really handy when tinkering with RPG Maker. Also Deathwing's quotes, love the breath. And Teron Gorefiend always sounds so fucking happy, you think a Death Knight hero would be a grim bastard, you send him to attack someone and he chirps out "I'd be delighted!" with the gusto of a little girl being told to pick a new dress on the house.
>>
File: 1369160734065.gif (554 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1369160734065.gif
554 KB, 295x221
>>339085446
>1 on 1 fight
>Not fair
>Because hammer
>>
>>339068613

>Stormwind doesn't burn to the fucking ground

wrong era man. that was the second war, this is the first war.
>>
>>339082412
Really hilarious how Jones touts Garona for being a well-written female character, yet everything said about her by moviegoers indicates the exact opposite.
>>
File: dnwarriorsdawn002.jpg (138 KB, 684x960) Image search: [Google]
dnwarriorsdawn002.jpg
138 KB, 684x960
Don't mind me, i'm just the superior MMORPG movie passing by...
>>
>>339086302
>a weapons that can shatter the planet
>fair
>>
>>339086421
Stormwind gets sacked and burnt to the ground in WC1. You're talking about Lordaeron, the OTHER human kingdom (that is now the Undercity).
>>
>>339086421
Warcraft 2 place in Lordereon because Stormwind got fucked
>>
>>339086428
Well written as being the token female exposition dumpster

Havent you played fire emblem awakening and fates?
>>
>>339086421
Literally the last mission in wc1 was either destroying blackrock spire or stormwind keep

they chose stormwind keep as canon
>>
>>339068420
>Bunch of freedom with the lore, sometimes huge.
>but it's okay for the fans.
So what shill?
>>
File: jesse-eisenberg.jpg (47 KB, 640x371) Image search: [Google]
jesse-eisenberg.jpg
47 KB, 640x371
>>339068420
Blue vs Red
Alliance vs Horde
Human vs Orc
>>
>>339086470
Only thing the doomhammer shattered then was Lothars sword and his skull
>>
>>339086584
That always somewhat amazed me as a kid, that they would use the bad guy's ending as the canon one.
>>
File: 1459667054351.webm (3 MB, 416x600) Image search: [Google]
1459667054351.webm
3 MB, 416x600
Orcs are massive faggots in Warcraft 1 and 2. They had to retcon the fuck out of those games to make them sympathetic even though they don't deserve it.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>339086960
yeah I also thought it was pretty nuts
but damn if that intro didn't kill
even if it looks cheesy by todays standards
>>
File: lothar.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lothar.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
>>339086908
That's weird because Ogrim was nowhere to be seen when Lothar died.
>>
>>339087275
but he is, look, between the ogres is an orc
its him!
>>
>>339086908
He was ambushed by a shitload of Ogres and Trolls after being led into a trap via a fake request for parlay. Doomhammer was a little scheming pussy and got fucked when Turalyon took up his sword (Ashkandi, bitch!) and led angry frnezied Alliance troops to curbstomp the horde.

They even got orc prisoners to build that giant statue of Lothar in the Burning Steppes! More like Orgrim Cuckhammer
>>
>>339068420
>it was alright
>go on to sum up all the shitty things about the movie
well done anon
>>
File: brockmtn[1].jpg (23 KB, 580x276) Image search: [Google]
brockmtn[1].jpg
23 KB, 580x276
>>339087491
the blackrocks are too incompetent to take the statue down
>>
File: doomhammer.jpg (155 KB, 654x781) Image search: [Google]
doomhammer.jpg
155 KB, 654x781
>>339087491
What did you expect from someone nicknamed Doomhammer the Backstabber?
>>
>>339087212
>that intro
>that music
>that narrator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPceWwNia6I

It looks like shit now by today's standards, but I think it's still good at setting up the shit that goes down.
>>
>>339077050
clancy brown is the only one I recognize
>>
File: 1452758705173.jpg (39 KB, 492x388) Image search: [Google]
1452758705173.jpg
39 KB, 492x388
>Scene with the orcs yelling at Gul'dan "CHEATER"
>Someone behind me says "So did Thrall and nobody give a fuck just the Elements"
>>
>>339085961
why does he even have skin?
he must've been dead for how many years?
this lore is retarded
>>
>>339087746
>>339087886
I know, I didn't expect any better but really, this is one of the things I find ridiculous. Thrall had been wanting peace with the humans since he appeared in WC3 yet:

>Idolises Old Horde mass murderers
>Names city after biggest, most heinous villian in the humans' war withem
>Wear his armour
>Wields his fucking hammer
>Uses Old Horde symbolism all over the place
>ALLOWS FUCKING WARLOCKS

"Naw guys we're totes reformed shamans now". Fuck off. Literal Dindus robbing liquor stores then whinging about being a good boy when they get shot.
>>
>>339088129
Hope you shook that motherfucker's hand
>>
>>339077841
But according to WoW now, Ogres are a part originally from Draenor.
>>
File: tumblr_mh59m4M00L1rskx8ao1_1280.jpg (482 KB, 735x1092) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh59m4M00L1rskx8ao1_1280.jpg
482 KB, 735x1092
>>339082267

Is that the movie? Because I thought Stormwind got sacked and the humans did an exodus fleeing as refugees to Lordaeron.

>the red dragon-queen of life, who they keep permanently pregnant so as to produce more offspring that they enslave.

This is in her human aspect form and that was invented fucking what, almost 20 years later but ayyy
>>
>>339088165
embalming?
Lenins corpse is still exhibited in a glass box since it was embalmed so well
>>
>>339068420
>Human forces are like 200 men
That final battle looked really pathetic.
>>
>>339088185
whats worse is there we warlocks attacking orgrimmar, some even decided to join the fucking legion
>>
>>339082267
Kul Tiras is the one with the navy
Gilneas didn't really do anything since Greymane thought they could handle the orcs on their own since at the time they were about even with Lordaeron in power (also because blizzard forgot to use them in the wc2 campaign)
>>
File: GennLegion-header-082415[3].jpg (48 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
GennLegion-header-082415[3].jpg
48 KB, 675x380
>>339088932
At least now that he's in power he can rebuild the wall, and make the forsaken pay for it
>>
>>339086428
It's empowering ugly females to be able to be cum dumpsters and love interests. Isn't that progressive?
>>
>>339087463
Those orcs are wielding axes mate.
>>
>>339089462
Not if you use the power of delusion!
>>
>>339082412
>Medivh gets doubleteamed by Lothar and Khadgar only
The only one missing there is garona. Don't see to much of a problem.
>>
>>339089565
Not enough cocaine. Better get dem peons to work. Dem axes ain't changing by themselves you know.
>>
>>339077050
Clancy Brown
>>
This intro is better than the entire film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU-n8UZM5Cc
>>
>>339088669
it wouldn't look that well, and it probably wasn't embalmed anyway
you are grasping for straws
>>
>>339084218
Jesus, is Khadgar not ashamed when he enters Stormwind and sees how awesome his beard was?
>>
>>339068420
>alright
marketer thread, let it go since mods will let it alive forever
>>
I just came back from the cinema and fuck me the movie sucks. I came in expecting a cheesy semi-decent movie and instead got a turd made in fancy CGI.
>GARONA GARONA GARONA
>Lothar falls in love with Garona and vice versa for no fucking reason I mean fuck they literally spent less than week knowing each other
>everyone constantly talks about their feelings and how they were raped as a child or lost their parents whatever
>the only fucking magic we see is some teleporting and a fireball
>Medivh turns into some weird Terrorblade wannabe for five seconds
>armor looks like fucking shit
>they even had a closeup of a sword and it looks like it's made out of cheap chinese plastic
>Khadgar is some spastic little annoying fuck
>they had a Naaru(?) trapped inside a box in Dalaran
>maybe like 10% of the orcs were fel, the rest were just going along with it because why not lmao
>no fucking demons anywhere
>ORCS ORCS ORCS

Only good thing about the movie was the CGI orcs and Gul'dan beating the shit out of Durotan while looking like a very pissed grandpa.
>>
>>339087275
>>339087491

Last i checked, Turalyons statue had him holding the broken sword that got rekt by the doomhammer.

The blackrock mountain area has the Lothar statue and at the end of the book Turalyon was forcing the orcs to make it.

HMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>339090424
Oh, and I forgot Thrall being a Moses wannabe and floating on a river for days.

Also Lothar constantly looks like he cried like a little bitch.
>>
>>339090575

That's probably because he probably realized he made a lot of bad decisions and they came crashing down on him.

Thats the feeling i got anyway.
>>
>>339090710
More like the actor realizing he's in such a shitty movie that he couldn't help but cry before every recording.
>>
>>339088451
Those were the events of the second war, so no.
>>
File: image.png (692 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
692 KB, 750x1334
>>339082662

You can watch videos by Nobbel87 he covers all the lore in Warcraft
>>
>>339090836
Well i wanted to be a little more positive, but it could be that.
>>
>>339088451
>the red dragon-queen of life, who they keep permanently pregnant so as to produce more offspring that they enslave.
I hope they put that in a future film, but I just know it'll be incredibly watered down.
>>
>>339068420
>orc men
Look like orcs
>Orc women
Just paint a human green
>>
>>339091768
she's half orc numbnuts
>>
>>339091983
>1/2 of your genome is orc
Yeah just paint her green
>>
>>339085128

But that would be "unrealistic". You know 90% of women are not physically capable of being anything but overweight, its genetic.
>>
>>339082412
>Garona isn't a murderous and highly competent murderer
>Fucking cries while doing her job

Jesus christ.
>>
>>339085446
>He's allowed to use the elements and use Doomhammer
>Fair
You know why it's not fair at all
>>
File: 2OwH6cu1.jpg (55 KB, 487x487) Image search: [Google]
2OwH6cu1.jpg
55 KB, 487x487
>>339092225
half orc/half human
or
half orc/half draenei
depending on what they go with

garona always looked very human
>>
>>339093313
Noice. Would fug or more likely let her fug me.
>>
>>339092896
>murderous murderer

Anon pls
>>
>>339085446
Today i learned that Orgrim Doomhammer is a shaman
>>
>>339077050
>One of these things is not like the others
I suppose he doesn't know he is right.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.