[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he not warchief?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 21
File: image.png (931 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
931 KB, 640x960
Why is he not warchief?
>>
>>339065645
He doen't believe that he would make a good leader so he never triest to go for the position
>>
He's faggot.
>>
>>339065645
Drug addict
>>
he's pussy whipped by sylvanas
>>
>>339065645
Because most people don't even know his name
>>
why isn't saurfang the warchief
>>
>>339065645
More realistically he would just lead the blood elves in leaving the Horde either to become their own faction or to rejoin the alliance.

But gameplay reasons say he'll just be a dude sitting in a forgotten corner of the world for all time.
>>
>>339065645
Because having a competent leader for horde would take a lot out of the faction
>>
>>339065810
Isnt everyone?
>>
>>339065645
NEVER TRUST AN ELF
>>
>>339066938
AROUND ELVES WATCH YOURSELVES

THE KNIFE EAR WILL STEAL ALL YOU HOLD DEAR
>>
>>339066938
But hes cool.
>>
>>339065810

He got out of that in MoP, his reliquary obtained a black anima golem, something completely invincible to the forsaken blight and devistating enough to take out a forsaken army on it's own.
>>
>>339066480
only cause she's the writers' waifu
with thrall depowered she's by far the worst character in the entire series, and that's saying something
>>
>>339068485

>Worst character in the series

How so? Because she gets away with more evil than most villains with zero repercussions?
>>
>>339068682
no because she gets to be evil, get away with it AND gets to take the moral highground at the same time while other characters are punished for assuming ill will on her behalf

if she were a fan fiction character the term mary sue would be completely and utterly appropriate
>>
>>339065645
I still don't get why they joined the Horde in the first place.
I mean, it's not like the Forsaken were ever actually redeemed from the destruction of Silvermoon. The Trolls are pretty much their eternal enemy, and all other Horde races are mostly limited to the other continent and have been historic opponents to boot.
>>
>>339065645
he's a fucking white male
>>
>>339069005

When was the last time she took the moral highground?
>>
>>339069730
its whats happening right now
she is totally reformed and therefor nobody can say anything bad about her anymore
>>
>>339065645

Because then there would be literally zero non-contrived reasons for the Horde and Alliance not to finally lay down their arms/banners and settle into cooperative nation-states.
>>
>>339069838
Did she stop resurrecting the dead, at least without asking first, eternally damning them to hell?
>>
>>339065645
No matter what BE fans think, saurfang should have always been warchief. Even before Garrosh was a nominee, Saurfang was always the top of the list but Blizzard won't do that because that would mean they couldn't force faction conflict.
>>
>>339069005
>i don't understand the term Mary Sue but I am gonna use it anyways
>>
>>339070270
character who's perfect in every way, steals the spotlight and warps other characters by sheer proximity? all applies here buddy
also I know canon characters can't by mary sues thats exactly why I said if she were a fanfiction character

>>339069972
nope, but you can't call her out on it anymore
>>
>>339070419
Well, did she at least stop her siege on Gilneas now? Stop producing the plague? Has she done anything actually worth being labeled as "redeem" or is it Blizzard being retarded as usual?
>>
>>339070651
plague has been rebranded as a "defensive weapon" for a while now
>>
>>339070213
>339070213
Generals don't get to be Leaders
>>
>>339065645
While we're talking about niche warchiefs... I honestly would have liked Rexxar to be warchief, and bring stonemaul ogres back into the fold.

Vol'jin is pretty chill though, I also don't mind the brief bit of sylvannas we're getting in Legion. Lor'themar or Baine would be great too. Trolls, Tauren and Blood elves could use more fluff.
>>
>>339069484
>The Trolls
That was the arathi trolls, not even horde trolls (sen'jin? I think) like them. It's still pretty common that pretty much every single bunch of trolls fucking hates each other, aside from the gurubashi.

Vol'jin largely wants nothing to fucking do with the other troll groups and has basically told them all to fuck off before.

In regards to the forsaken, being led by a former ranger general of silvermoon seems to have helped... and the blood elves themselves went through a pretty dark phase with the magic addiction, they're not quite as 'upright and unbelievably moral' as the high elves once were... and they're mad as fuck about the humans.

There's a lot of reasons, and some of them are stronger or weaker than others. I honestly could have seen them going either way.
>>
Needs to be a Troll or Orc for diversity you CIS Elf scum
>>
>>339071430

>Arathi trolls

Amani trolls, and elf + troll hatred runs really fucking deep, so much that even after Brann confirmed trolls are the ancestors of elves they don't believe it.

The Darkspear trolls may not have ever had disputes with the elves, but the elves still hate them.

There is still an NPC in silvermoon who refuses to sell you items if you're a troll.
>>
>>339069838

Yeah but what did she do that was so bad other than getting shit done?

Is it the fact that Garrosh was considered a tyrant for less?
>>
>>339071968
how did the night elves react to it? Can't imagine them liking the idea either
>>
>>339072173
murder, torture, force people into eternal damnation
basically Satan
and the fact that all other characters who did things on her level were killed in a raid and had their pants looted just makes it worse
>>
>>339072340
This.
The only difference difference between Sylvannas and The Lich King is that she served the Horde
>>
>>339065645
-Too good looking
-Knows how to use a knife, fork, toilet
-Probably not voiced by Metzen

t. alliancefag

t. alliancefag
>>
>>339072218

All elves think it's abhorrent.

>>339072340
Garrosh was causing internal strife in the horde by making everyone who wasn't an orc second class citizens.

No horde civilian cares about the forsaken taking over previous scourge territories and kicking out the backwords fogniggers of the human race.

It all makes sense when it's horde lives > alliance lives.
>>
>>339071968
Eh, blood elves were pretty short on allies.

For a while there was a severe danger of garrosh literally ripping the horde apart, but Vol'jin seems to have fixed that. Baine and Vol'jin have bound themselves incredibly tightly to the horde since then, Lor'themar seems to have really wanted to integrate with the horde as well, while gallywix and sylvannas are currently outliers.

I'm well aware that elf and troll hatred runs pretty deep, but with them at a low point and basically being 'fuck humans and dwarves', their choice to ally with the horde who were willing to look some of the morally objectionable shit they were doing seems to have been a big part of it.
>>
>>339072729
thing is, there's way to much plot armor involved to the point the alliance are the BAD GUYS if they get mad about Sylvanas while by all rights the alliance, after the siege of orgrimmar should have assembled their armies and marched on undercity
>>
>>339065810
And yet he whipped Sylvanas around in MoP.
>>
>>339073086
Perhaps it's because Varian gives zero fucks about the Stromgarde, especially since a huge portion of their population seemingly joined the Syndicate after getting their asses handed to them.
>>
Hey fuccbois, I quit around WotLK ages ago and got a free week + WoD. Logged in on my DK and Druid and felt overwhelmed at the changes so I'm making a new character. What race/gender/server should I make my new Warlock?
>>
>>339074296
Azjol'Nerub. I'm thinking about going and buying a gametime card today and that's where my characters are.

I could either level my mid 60's shaman with you, or we could do level 90+ stuff with my druid/mage/warlock.
>>
>>339072645
Well he was played by the guy who voiced Balthier from FF 12. Thats a good enough reason
>>
>>339073652
or perhaps its because the alliance isn't permitted to have any onscreen victories what so ever?
>>
>>339065645
Nobody knows who he is. He's like the John Kasich of the horde.
>>
>>339071968
>trolls are the ancestors of elves
That sounds stupid as hell
>>
File: 1464304193175.png (479 KB, 900x654) Image search: [Google]
1464304193175.png
479 KB, 900x654
>>339075418
Well look anon, one thing I noticed about Cata and the "Keep WAR in WARCRAFT" mentality the fanbase kept crying about is the expectations.

People expect that war is even, you lose your guy and and then you kill mine. I gain some territory and so do you. But that is retarded, an endless stalemate.

If there was an all out war, blizzard would have it so the horde would win, because they're horde biased and that is the story they'd envisioned.

They were simply giving players what they wanted, but players want THEIR faction to get all the victories or some retarded exchange of blows with equal outcome.

This is why blizzard quickly fell back on their attempt at creating an alliance vs horde war as a central plot point, too many whining faggots.
>>
>>339075970
Trolls mutate a lot. When they started living by the well of eternity, they mutated into elves. Night elves themselves mutated into high elves.
>>
>>339076105
This
>>
>>339075970

Blizzard always described trolls as being a cross between orcish features and elven features and in one of the old lore things claimed it is speculated that they could be the ancestors to elves though elves scoffed at the notion.

Blizzard then later made it canon by explaining that elves descended from mutated Dark Trolls who were uplifted by the well of eternity. Dark Trolls are supposed to be the most backwards and primitive trolls that didn't communicate with other troll sub-species, not even the progenitor Zandalar trolls, which is why trolls didn't pull a "we wuz here before you elf-boi, you came fromd us" on the elves.

This pissed off Elune fags, but the lore always stated that Elune didn't make the night elves from nothing, that they were once a nocturnal race blessed by Elune.
>>
File: elf dick.png (449 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
elf dick.png
449 KB, 960x800
>>
>>339077007
Kek
>>
>>339077007
>elf
>dick
Pick one
>>
Sylvannas was my waifu when I first started in BC, even though I didn't like forsaken. Why did they have to make her so evil
>>
>>339078535
She really isn't, fags just forgot about all the evil shit the forsaken did in vanilla. It's alliance asshurt over getting stomped so hard.
>>
>>339078879
there was a radical shift in cata. No matter the in game reasons, its dumb for a race literally defined by their desire for vengeance against arthas to then turn around and start using Valkyr

But the alliance's at least appearance of golden heroes must be preserved so forsaken took the first round with the villain bat
>>
>>339079289
Blizzard wrote themselves into a corner with the death of Arthas, the only way to keep the forsaken around was to have them grow to love being undead.
>>
>>339078535
>Sylvannas was my waifu when I first started in BC

Same, though she's still my Warcraft waifu. Those hips and that grey skin do things to me
>>
>>339065645
Hero we deserve, not the one we need right now, yada, yada.

Speaking of which, why does everyone say Sylvannas is Uber evil? She's totally ruthless, but not that evil.
Raising dead is fine, it's how her population breeds.
>>
>>339079617
My heart wavered when WOTLK came out and alexstrasza
>>
He wouldve been much more interesting than VolJin
>>
Because fuck you
>>
File: plague.jpg (302 KB, 781x443) Image search: [Google]
plague.jpg
302 KB, 781x443
Why has Sylvanas "death to the scourge and the living" Windrunner not become the big bad yet?

with the forsaken joining her as a third faction
>>
>>339079923
Who
>>
>>339080003
Because she wasn't the one who was "death to the scourge and the living" that was putress. She never used that on the horde.

>hurr, she's the one who ordered its creation
Perhaps. Perhaps not
But even if she did, so what?
Do you know what else kills the scourge and the living? Swords. Bows. Axes. Lava totems. Fireballs. Bombs. Stuff both horde and the alliance have. She just got another weapon that could wipe the scourge and potentially the alliance or someone else who could threaten her people. Nothing wrong with that. It's the same as any other weapon in warcraft.

I'm convinced this "hurr, sylvanas is super evil" meme comes from /tg/-paladinfags.
>>
>>339079735
Problem is by doing so, she condemns any raised to go to warcrafts variation of hell, even if they didn't want to be raised. Negligence is also on her part since it's apparently possible to communicate with the dead, and thus, ask a person before getting raised as undead. Plus, the way she attacked Gilneas doesn't put her in a positive light either.
>>
>>339066021
>to rejoin the alliance.
Yeah... you can thank jaina for that never happening ever.
>>
>>339080429
>>hurr, she's the one who ordered its creation
Literally, LITERALLY every quest in old world WoW in undead territory was about creating the plague.
>>
File: 1430075746888.jpg (34 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1430075746888.jpg
34 KB, 640x427
>tfw there isn't a single troll with actual plot in legion
>>
>>339079750
Top tier, no judgements there
>>
>>339080508
Oh please, it's a fantasy realm with magic where you can even fight in the after life, immortal demons and so on. They can fight a way to fight it.

>>339080635
see the rest of the post. even if she did, it's fine.
>>
>>339080561
To be fair though, Varian was holding those councils with Lor'Thomar (about them potentially joining the alliance) without the knowledge of Jaina, who has been constantly shut down on peace talk when she tried to convince Varian previously multiple times. I'm guessing she assumed the whole dalaran incident would have also been fine with him, since he gave no indication otherwise before.
>>
>>339080785
>Oh please, it's a fantasy realm with magic where you can even fight in the after life, immortal demons and so on. They can fight a way to fight it.

Or they could avoid a fight in the first place and take like 10 minutes and ask if they were willing to become undead in the first place.
>>
>>339079735
She's used the plague to invade and kill despite being order not to. She convinced her sister to poison Garrosh during his trial. She's raising dead that do not breed naturally.

There's no good reason to raise more forsaken, they aren't natural, they don't breed. They are suppost to fully die off. The forsaken only exist cause Arthas lost control of them when he got weak as a DK. Forsaken would be standard undead scourge otherwise.

There's also the questline in western plague lands when you learn she's been exerting her will to control the BE deathknight(s) that joined the horde side.

You are a moron if you don't think she's evil. It's like saying Kingpin from Marvel isn't evil. Everyone clearly knows Sylvanas is. She just keeps her public image clear enough while plotting behind closed doors.
>>
>>339081090
>no reason to raise more forsaken
unless you're forsaken

>they're supposed to die off
Ah. paladinfag.
>>
File: deploy the plague.jpg (1 MB, 941x2936) Image search: [Google]
deploy the plague.jpg
1 MB, 941x2936
>>339080785
She's not exactly been shown to be very forthwith about her alliance with the rest of the horde.

Also like the other guy is talking about, there is that whole, raising everything without a pulse under the sun without any sort self check.
>>
File: is the little guy hungry.jpg (41 KB, 560x350) Image search: [Google]
is the little guy hungry.jpg
41 KB, 560x350
>>339081208
Another thing, how about the all the evil shit that happens in her own fucking city by her own order? You really think she would bat an eye at all the dwarven mountaineers eating poisoned pumpkins? You mean that "lol it's just another weapon dude chill out" plague?
>>
>Sylvanas probably has the most going on in terms of story of all the leaders now
>in 10 years they could never bother to make a unique model or armor for her
>they finally get around to replacing the modified alexstrasza set they gave her because nothing else was designed to fit that model (see also: Ysera)
>it looks like cata questing greens
>players would be ashamed to transmog to it

I don't even know anymore.
>>
>>339065645

A: he doesn't have seniority. Sylvanas would have to die, then it would default to him
B: he doesn't like being the leader of a nation. he wants to be a soldier again
C: the orcs and trolls would not put up with an elf warchief
D: we all know Alleria will be shoehorned into it somehow
>>
File: Lor'themar Theron.jpg (440 KB, 1124x867) Image search: [Google]
Lor'themar Theron.jpg
440 KB, 1124x867
>>339065645
>Horde
>electing a competent leader

no sell bruh
>>
>>339081090

Koltira returned in legion or maybe in WoD and when asked about Sylvanus he said he didn't want to talk about it, implying he got raped.
>>
>>339081459
>You mean that "lol it's just another weapon dude chill out" plague?
It's a test to find the plague used at the Wrathgate and later Gilneas, every fucking Forsaken quest related to plagues is supposed to be leading up to finding the perfect weaponized plague.
>>
>>339081881
Yes that is exactly what I'm saying. The point being that saying the plague is just another weapon is like saying a traditional fantasy lich is just a guy who doesn't feel like dying
>>
>>339065810
He actually the only one who calls her out of her bullshit. Everyone else seems oblivious of her.

Lor'thermar is busy enough with Quel'thlas he probably does not want any more work since his whole charater is
>Fuck Politics, stop trying to make me king, Fuck I wish I was still a ranger hunting trolls.
He is too good at his job.
>>
>>339081191
>>no reason to raise more forsaken
>unless you're forsaken

She keeps forcefully raising more because she wants an army. Not because all the other forsaken want more buddies.

>Ah. paladinfag.

And yet there are other forsaken, not aligned with sylvanus that feel the same way. Leonid Barthalomew is a prime example since he distrusts the forsaken and feels the plague is a curse to be removed.
>>
>>339069484
The alliance wounds were fresher and they had a good bargaining chip.
>>
>>339081646
>alleria
>working with orcs

fat

fucking

chance

who am i kidding, blizzard are morons
>>
File: 1460747577338.jpg (61 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1460747577338.jpg
61 KB, 960x720
>>339081208
>Garry
>>
File: AHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAH.gif (966 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
AHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAH.gif
966 KB, 500x250
>>339068682
>How so? Because she gets away with more evil than most villains with zero repercussions?

At least someone in WoW is straight up evil without some stupid corruption or other soft hitting "please feel bad for them" crap.

I can't wait for Sargeras to come back and it turns out to be corruption all along, pls understand.
>>
>>339082329
Nah, Sarg is now an anti-hero.
>>
>>339079289
>>339079495
Forsaken see their Queen as a God, they will do anything herself. The Dark Lady sees the Forsaken as a giant shield since she knows she is going to hell after committing suicide.

The Forsaken were weakened and lost a huge amount numbers in Northrend, you can breed new Forsaken so she used Necromancy to create more in order to create an army to protect herself.
Sylvanas is not about revenge anymore, she more about avoiding hell and killing off anyone who might send her there e.g the Alliance.
>>
>>339082329
> can't wait for Sargeras to come back and it turns out to be corruption all along, pls understand.

Actually we know there has been fel lord we "corrupted" with holy. Foreshadowing says we redeem Sargeras but baptizing his ass untill it sticks.
>>
>>339082059
>there are other forsaken that feel the same way
And?
The forsaken who don't want to raise others won't raise others and those who want to, will. Same as breeding.
>>
>>339081090

Another argument is that the afterlife is confirmed to exist in Warcraft, and if you're a shithead, you go to the void or something where old god things torture you for eternity. Sylvanas ended up there for all the crap she got up to as Forsaken when she killed herself. Now she's scared shitless of dying again, so to guard herself, she is raising more Forsaken - who might have been real great people in life - pushing them to do evil shit and setting them up for eternal afterlife rape as well.
>>
>>339082485

It's the perfect plot point to keep the forsaken around.
>>
>>339080429
I have often theorized that the Wrathgate was her doing, she thought the plague would finish Arthas off and there was a prime chance to test it.
She would not have given a fuck about killing either Horde or Alliance if the Lich King was killed too and it almost worked.

But then Purtress stabbed her in the back so she was able to play victim.
>>
>>339065645
Sylvanas should have been the next Warchief, if for no other reason than to get more R34 of her
>>
>>339082561
>And?

Was to counter the "paladinfag" accusation. There's several factions besides pallys that want forsaken gone.
>>
>>339082656
So she's just making things worse for herself out of fear. Which leads her into being influenced by an old god at some point. yay more corruption.
>>
>>339075067
>Balthier
He has my vote.
>>
>>339082801
I think "paladinfag" refers to someone who sees anything "not normal" as evil. Think spess marines. Even though there's plenty of shit that says she's evil otherwise. Like the whole damning people to hell to save herself thing.
>>
He's a general, not a statesman. He hates politics and wants nothing to do with it, he just wants to lead armies.
>>
>>339082801
Anon, the "paladinfag" was about posters, not characters, sheesh.
>>
>>339065645

Too sane
>>
Whatever happened to Saurfang anyway?

Is he still manning a skeleton crew in Northrend?
>>
>>339066021
>More realistically he would just lead the blood elves in leaving the Horde either to become their own faction or to rejoin the alliance.
No he would not, I am so sick of butthurt alliance fags saying this.
The elves were never close to the Alliance in the first place, it was an Alliance of convince if anything and they backed the fuck out of the Alliance when it stopped being convenient e.g when they wanted to tax the shit out of them for the orcs who they thought was best to kill off.

The prince of that Alliance also destroyed their sunwell and the majority of that speices.
After that a Major faction the Kirin'tor the elves best friend and second home in Dalaran betrayed them along with Garithos to finish their species off.

Why the fuck would the elves trust humans after all that
>But muh pretty races in the alliance and not in Horde.
No fuck you all, if anything the Blood elves should have been playable and they only joined the Horde to balance population but the lore they laid down made it a lot more sensible to everyone but butthurt alliance faggots.

Recent Lore solified their position in the Horde with Jaina a human of the kirin'tor fucking them over again and Lor'thmar deicing lets stick with a faction to the end instead of being flaky pussies, the blood elves were huge in the rebellion against Garrosh.

They belong more in the Horde lorewise than the Forsaken do.
>>
>>339082981
The game is literally called World of Warcraft you mong. Who the fuck IS a statesman and not a general?
>>
>>339082329
>Sargeras
Sargeras is an anti hero with a valid point but his stupid titan brothers were being retarded so he freed the demons to create an army to fight the big bad and got contaminated by fel magic.
>>
>>339082976
It can be used bothways. And there's a differance between not normal and unnatural.
>>
>>339083206
Lor'themar, read his short story. It is him complaining about he sits in an office all day doing paper work rather being a ranger doing rounds in Quel'thalas.
>>
>>339076665
>hich is why trolls didn't pull a "we wuz here before you elf-boi, you came fromd us"

Zul'jin kinda did with his "we Amani was here before ANYONE" speech in the trailer
>>
>>339083154
New Orc racial leader. Chills in Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar.
>>
>>339083003
>I was pretenting to be retarted
>>
>>339076665
they weren't that backwards they just weren't all that interested in empire building before the mutation
after they mutated though they took on every single troll empire at the same time and came out victorious, kinda makes you wonder just how fucking bullshit night elf mages must have been
>>
>>339080561
Jaina did nothing wrong
>>
File: 29352735.png (3 MB, 2200x2600) Image search: [Google]
29352735.png
3 MB, 2200x2600
>>
>>339080649
>They killed the only troll with any backstory and relevance to the plot in legion
>Trolls have now officially become a meme raid race that will pop up just to be smacked down again for the sake of a raid.
I was pissed when Zul'jin one of the greatest Troll legends and warriors who was respected by all was killed by a bunch of tomb raiders.
>>
>>339083537

That was because the highborne went in and kicked out all the amani and turned their forest into weird twisty tree land.

I'm more referring to troll viewpoints on elves in general.
>>
What's wrong with Vol'Jin?
>>
Is Ghostlands finally gonna be fixed in Legion? It's been two expansions now since Bolvar started reining in the scourge and yet belfs haven't cleared out the undeads in their own front yard.
>>
>>339083181
if Arthas is sufficient reason for the belves to not joint the alliance then Guldan should have been more than sufficient reason for them not to join the horde
>>
File: 1464037546095.jpg (450 KB, 1085x1217) Image search: [Google]
1464037546095.jpg
450 KB, 1085x1217
>>339070213

The only two competent figureheads in the entire Horde are Saurfang and Lor'themar anyway. Varimathras was too but he ended up being evil.
>>
>>339083181
>The prince of that Alliance also destroyed their sunwell and the majority of that speices.
Since when was Arthas prince of the Alliance?

also are Elves so retarded to think that the fucking Lich King was Alliance aligned at that point?
>>
>>339071968
>There is still an NPC in silvermoon who refuses to sell you items if you're a troll.

source or bullshit
>>
>>339083594
Okay, you caught me. When I said /tg/-paladinfags, I meant characters too. Wow npcs browse /tg/.
>>
>>339082329

Are you forgetting that before they retconned it to "order is wrong, there must be chaos", Sargeras's backstory was "he met some races that were SO evil that contemplating their existence drove him insane"
>>
>>339065645
Why has no one mentioned vol'jin's capability as warchief? He was thrals advisor and helped make decisions to almost everything he did. Along with that, he is one of the most powerful shadow hunters in all of azeroth, so he basically has the powers of a hunter, mage, shaman, etc all in one. He's also not a hothead. Vol'jin should co-lead with lor'themar, they seem even in intellect and ability, and would prob get along well if they get past the whole troll v elf thing
>>
>>339084126
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16263/paelarin#sells
>>
>>339082976
>I think "paladinfag" refers to someone who sees anything "not normal" as evil. Think spess marines
You know the Ultramarines have a secret understanding with the Tau and will fight alongside them as long as no one else sees, right?
>>
>>339084024

>ended up being evil

He's a Dreadlord, of course he's evil. Those motherfuckers turned dickery into an art form. He was great to have around, though.
>>
>>339065645
>why is muh video game lore shit

Are there any games that have actual *good* lore?
>>
>>339083206

Cairne/Baine.
>>
>>339083869

I don't think the trolls believe that either, because they don't want to see themselves as related to elves.
>>
>>339083765
>kinda makes you wonder just how fucking bullshit night elf mages must have bee
I remember reading that the Trolls were raping their ass at first with their magic but the fucked up and the elves got their magic and used it against them.
From the war of the ancients trilogy, early night elves mages were OP as shit with their Queen being Godlike.
Thats one of the things I liked about azshara the night elves thought she was Queen because she was beautiful and charming but turns out it was because she dwarfed them all in power.

>>339083986
>>339084025
>if Arthas is sufficient reason for the belves to not joint the alliance then Guldan should have been more than sufficient reason for them not to join the horde
Thats was the old fel crazed Horde from years ago, when the Belves made the pact with the horde they were also chugging the demon semen.
The new Horde was peaceful,accepting all random races and understood their fel addiction plus their had a bargaining chip.
It was either take a chance with the Horde with Slyvanas who was giving you aid, protecting your land and supporting you attempt to join or try and join the humans who tried to kill you recently,would not be happy about your fel magic and considering there was two factions who would oppose their joining e.g High elves refugees and Night elves.

>>339084025
>Since when was Arthas prince of the Alliance?
The Orginal Alliance was the Alliance of Loraderon, a Alliance of many Kingdoms created by Terenas Menethil II who was High king of the Alliance like Varian was of the new Alliance.
The Old alliance was destroyed by the scourge and all the other kingdoms leaving like Gilneas and Quel'thalas or being wiped out like Lordaeron and Stromgarde.

The new Alliance, the Alliance of Stormwind which is the spiritual successor to the old Alliance was created by King Vairan who is high king of it.
Arthas was a good example that humans could be fickle in alliance considering he destroyed his whole kingdom.
>>
>>339083765
>kinda makes you wonder just how fucking bullshit night elf mages must have been

Considering Azshara at her height was supposed to be like a walking nuke thanks to being empowered by the well, really powerful.
>>
File: tR1cbB9.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tR1cbB9.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>339084146
>>
>>339083805
This list is bullshit. Velen is terrible. Magni for god tier.
>>
File: CgmqOWPVEAAMi6j.jpg (33 KB, 600x417) Image search: [Google]
CgmqOWPVEAAMi6j.jpg
33 KB, 600x417
>>339084458
>He's a Dreadlord, of course he's evil

Well, there is ONE good one.

>>339084527

Legacy of Kain?
>>
>>339083826
>I was pissed when Zul'jin one of the greatest Troll legends and warriors who was respected by all was killed by a bunch of tomb raiders.
Lolz someone hasn't seen his depiction in the lord of the clans adventure game.
>>
>>339084809
>>339084832
I wonder if Azshara will eventually end up as an xpac boss
if she and her naga are trying to do something drastic like say, restart the well of eternity, I could see everyone else objecting to it
>>
>>339085162

There's no way they won't be with the Broken Isles being the setting of legion
>>
>>339084832
In fairness, she was the most powerful mage who ever lived. You can't just say they're all like her.
>>
>>339085146
Not canon so it does not matter, it is canon that Zul'jin was killed by a bunch of niggers looking for Gold.

>>339085162
I think she makes a minor appearance in Legion so far, depending on wows survival she might have an expansion of her own or be a boss in an old God expansion.
Azshara was OP ten thousand years ago she is bound to be stronger now, in that dungeon where you went back in time and fought her you could not damage her because she was too strong.
>>
>>339085052
I think that's not actually a dreadlord. More like a hunter who absorbed/purified demon powers from that quest in Ungoro. or at least /v/ told me so.
>>
>>339084527

Videogames are a terrible medium for story telling so there is nothing with literature tier settings, but games like Legacey of Kane have some pretty good stuff.

The problem with WoW lore is despite it's vastness and impressive quantity compared to other franchises is that it is inconsistent is is needlesly retconned depending on the creators need for rule of cool.

The creators also lack the ability to create scenarios that make sense and depend on DBZ tier methods of moving the story along, such as the excessive use of magical corruption and a lust for global destruction as being the main motives of almost all their villains.

They also cycle through different writers and boot them out before they can complete their ideas which is essentially the main cause of lore inconsistency and dead end ideas in franchises (I.E the purpose of the reapers in Mass Effect).

The reason WoW lore is relevant is as previously stated, it's pretty big though constant retcons and the non-cannon deceleration of the RPG have brought it down in size. It's also because WoW is the most popular MMO and if you're going to invest a lot of time into a grindy ass MMO you might as well learn the lore.
>>
>>339085473

He's in the beta, he's a holy dreadlord.
>>
>>339085415
>Not canon so it does not matter, it is canon that Zul'jin was killed by a bunch of niggers looking for Gold.
That's not true, we wanted their bears anon.
>>
>>339085415
well of eternity is gone which puts a bit of a limiter on her powers in total
still by now she's one of the few characters in the world that has mastery over arcane, demonic and old god magic

and if players hate underwater levels her opening move could be to raise the entire naga capitol to the surface, would even make for a neat cinematic
>>
>>339085476
>The creators also lack the ability to create scenarios that make sense and depend on DBZ tier methods of moving the story along, such as the excessive use of magical corruption and a lust for global destruction as being the main motives of almost all their villains.

Except DBZ actually does it better because at least in a manga about fighting, it makes sense for conflict to come from ever more powerful villains showing up.
>>
>>339085652
>well of eternity is gone which puts a bit of a limiter on her powers in total
Someone hasn't read up on their lore. She was the most powerful night elf mage that existed and still exists.
It wasn't even a question, no one came close.
>>
>>339085473
It a dreadlord, he is sent by turalyon to the Paladin order hall, becomes a follower afterwards.

>>339085652
>well of eternity is gone
It is not really, when the well blew up all of it magic become a sort of atmosphere rain. Every magic user draws arcane from this rain except for the Blood/High elves who have their own mini well.
>her opening move could be to raise the entire naga capitol to the surface, would even make for a neat cinematic
I would love this, similar to Illidan calling the naga.
>>
>>339084809

The part you're remembering about trolls is with the Amani vs. High Elves. High Elves had their sunwell and advanced arcane knowledge and had the ability to change the very environment they inhabited to suit their needs.

But the Amani managed to keep by with some broken weapon enchants that they never really go into detail with. I always assumed these enchants were capable of breaking through magical barriers and enhanted armor or perhaps even shutting down arcane in general because the elves were indeed getting their asses kicked. The elves in all their magic knowledge couldn't figure out how primitive spirit worshiping mongrels could make weapons better than their knowledge of magic that could bend the laws of reality, so they stole the source of these enchants (some weird vodoo skul troll stuff) and used it against them.

Troll magic has always been described as hard for mages or any other scholarly magic user to figure out, Trolls use ancient secrets and tap into everything from Loa (wild gods), arcane, void magic and even holy light.
>>
Does Lor'themar even have a correct in-game model yet or is he still eye-patchless?
>>
>>339086164
Ah yes now I remember it was the Elf and Forest Troll war.
I wish forest trolls got some love, I loved the fuck out of Amani Lore and loved roleplaying a forest troll riding around on my bear.
>>
File: lor.jpg (12 KB, 180x323) Image search: [Google]
lor.jpg
12 KB, 180x323
>>339086310
He has a new model with an eyepatch and new VA since mop, I think in legion they fucked it up it is beta.
>>
>>339085685
No it doesn't, android saga even though great was bullshit and Buu really being the big bad in the universe was dumb.
DBZ should have ended with Freeza the big bad emperor of evil.
>>
>>339085896
I know she is the most powerful, but back in the days she was essentially immortal due to massive magical skill further boosted by the well of eternity

just saying lack of well of eternity would make her go from unbeatable to expansion final boss levels
>>339085990
yeh but I could easily see Azshara's plan being to use her magic and maybe some ancient Titan terraforming device to restore the world to before the sundering, turn her back into her previous non monstrous form and build a new elven empire

the fact that it'd wipe out pretty much everyone else in the process is why the alliance and the horde have to prevent it
>>
File: 1463366626421.jpg (15 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1463366626421.jpg
15 KB, 500x333
>>339085052

>Doesn't have wings
>Will still do the "flying idle animation" due to using the dread lord model

Blizzard.
>>
>>339086373

The Amani are basically just savages. There's a reason why at the beginning of WC3 Thrall said "forest trolls. I can't believe they were ever a part of the horde".
>>
>>339065645
i dont think he would want the job

first chief got out while he could, next one killed a leader and was then killed by the first, 3rd one is dead. Only 2 leaders left and they're both elves too smart for.... wait, why does the horde sound like game of thrones???
>>
>>339083805

Thrall was a good leader until he became Superman and Jesus.
>>
>>339088646
Thats what I liked about them, they were a crazy warrior race that ruled crazy savage Gods that loved warriors.
They ruled half the world and were not pussies like the jungle trolls.
>>
>>339089640
>They ruled half the world

No, that was the Jungle Trolls under Rastakhan the god-king.
>>
>>339089482
More like princess fairy jesus with a dash of emo. He fucking made me enrage when he could have stopped both Hellscream and Deathwing from the start and avoid 2 fucking wars.
>>
>>339089940

This is the same guy who sent his friend with massive anger issues to go chop wood, expecting him to not start shit.
>>
They had to have a black warchief
>zul'jin
Then they need to have a woman!
I'm with H>ER

Fuck donald sunwalker! The golden bastard!
>>
>>339082181
Every white elf slut gets orked in the end.
>>
Did they kill garrosh yet
>>
>>339090391

Yes. I'm surprised we didn't get him raised as a Death Knight (the warcraft 2 kind)
>>
File: acf.jpg (111 KB, 1746x996) Image search: [Google]
acf.jpg
111 KB, 1746x996
>>339090391
Yes. Sissy McPrissypants did it in the most cringeworthy way possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1SdVC2mrz8
>>
>>339090391

Literally last expansion in a duel in which thrall cheats.
>>
>>339090610
Why are they fighting in a field? I thought you'd kill him in a raid for reals
>>
>>339090610
This is some anime shit
>>
>>339089815
No that is the Zandali the original trolls who ruled all the world but their empire splinted off and they did not care because they were too busy being smart.
Some went north becoming the ice trolls, some went to the desert becoming sand torlls, some became dark trolls which became night elves and the others became Forest and Jungle trolls.

The forest and Jungle trolls both had empires that span the entire world, there was the Amani empire for the forest and the Gurabashi for the Jungle.
Eventually due to wars with the night elves, the bugs and conflict within both empires splintered back into tribes.
The gurabashi tried to reform their empire using hakkar but got stomped by players and Zul'jin reunited the amani with the help of their gods but got stomped by a bunch of tomb raiders.

Now the Zandali want their old empire back by uniting all the trolls and joining forces with the mogu again.
But again got stomped by the players.
>>
>>339065645
Dirty, dumb elven scum
>>
>>339091469

Rastakhan only died like a year ago with the Cataclysm, Assumedly.
>>
>>339083765
>kinda makes you wonder just how fucking bullshit night elf mages must have been

In the novels, they had a lot of arcane magic to command, but they didn't have much actual power or 'control' of it, as magic was really just being developed.

When a human mage from 10 000 years later, came back with 'refined' magic and was able to tap into the well of eternity he fucking smashed shit.

So basically... infinite mp, but only mid level spells. Magic only got super refined when the high elves mucked around with it for 10k years after creating their own sunwell.
>>
>>339091609
He probably alive, he is the wisest troll alive and probably the strongest and oldest too.
In the end when their island was sinking he believed prophet zul's predictions and probably left.
>>
>>339091963
>and probably left.

No, he famously did a "go down with the ship" and sat on this throne as the palace sank around him.

He's probably somehow alive though.
>>
File: 1399556248882.jpg (4 MB, 5935x4069) Image search: [Google]
1399556248882.jpg
4 MB, 5935x4069
>>339091548
Then clean them.
>>
>>339092123
Source? I do not remember any of that.
Was it quest text or an in game book or something?
>>
File: elf ears.gif (366 KB, 140x160) Image search: [Google]
elf ears.gif
366 KB, 140x160
>>339092242

For a second I thought that was Deedlit, not just some QB character.
>>
>TFW the Dwarf's and Gnomes will never lead the Alliance back to greatness.

Anduin better not screw this up. It's his right to rule, but that don't mean he's fit for it.
>>
>>339086164
Part of it too is that trolls are in general just fuckoff strong and obnoxiously hard to kill, regenerating (slowly) even from the brink of death.

If they didn't slouch they'd be taller than even tauren, and in truth *most* trolls don't actually have the lanky build the game shows them with, they are instead actually rather muscular.

So you're tossing 13 foot tall trolls up against 6 foot tall elves.
>>
>>339092304

That archaeology thing you find on the Isle of Thunder

>>339092367

You're forgetting that Magni was the leader of the alliance up until Varian returned.
>>
>>339082025
grommosh called her a bitch for what she was doing with the blight and forcing more people to be her slaves
>>
>>339091469

Drakkari were actually kicked out of the Amani
>>
Varian is gonna build a wall around orgrimmar and the orcs are gonna pay for it.
>>
>>339092641

Grommash is Garrosh's dad
>>
>>339092778

But there's already a wall around Orgrimmar, and the orcs DID build and pay for it. It happened back in Cata.
>>
>>339092778
>Implying it won't be Greymane and make the undead pay for it
>>
>>339091086

You don't kill him in the raid, You raid Ogrimmar and defeat him, then the pandas say he should stand trial in Panderia.

Before his sentence a bronze dragon and Wrathion break him out and send him to an alternate timeline Draenor, starting WoD.

He dies in that expansion in the cinematic.
>>
>>339093168

And you're the whole reason he gets broken out because all the grinding you did for that bronze dragon on Timeless Isle was so he could break out Garrosh.
>>
Who?
>>
File: 1464301524844.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1464301524844.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
>>339065645
Monthly reminder that Garrosh did nothing wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_pyF3bM6Rg
>>
>>339094268
Literally all of things he did would never have happened if Green Jesus didn't put him in power.

It's almost like nepotism except the "family" doesn't want fuckall to do with it.
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.