[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
thoughts ?
>>
they work too hard
>>
>>339064613
is /v/ down?
>>
Bethesda have always been horrible programmers, but for the last 10 years their writing ability has been deteriorating rapidly. They seem to be obsessed with using the crappiest game engine ever (gamebryo)
>>
Every single game they have ever made has been shit, including Morrowind.
>>
File: 1454757148739.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1595) Image search: [Google]
1454757148739.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1595
>>339064613
Set precedents for WRPGs while simultaneously diluting the genre with casualized elements
>>
>>339064613
If they don't give the next Fallout game to people who knows what the fuck they're doing, they're fucked.

Elder Scrolls was always terrible so you can't even use it as an argument.
>>
>thoughts?
my butthole itches
>>
I like good gameplay.
Good dialog and characters are a plus but only matter if the gampleay is good (and I'm not even sure if I'd call bethesda's dialog good)
So I don't like their games at all.
>>
File: 1358511063785.png (398 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1358511063785.png
398 KB, 640x480
Their community make some neat mods.
>>
Frankly, the UN's actions towards an independent Kurdistan are relaxed and unmotivated.
>>
File: 1456100465823.jpg (146 KB, 1171x540) Image search: [Google]
1456100465823.jpg
146 KB, 1171x540
>>339064613

You're shit at bait?
>>
File: 1463156062516.png (401 KB, 520x370) Image search: [Google]
1463156062516.png
401 KB, 520x370
Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim all have their perks and bad aspects about them.

Fallout 3 sucked, new vegas is superior and they ruined any hope for the series with fallout 4.

Also that card game is ass.
Also, pic related.
F
>>
>>339065137
This. Bethesda has always had a massive discrepancy between popularity and the quality of the games they produce.
>>
The graphics, writing and quality assurance of their games is embarrassingly bad considering the kind of resources they have access to. Gameplay tends to be pretty clunky too, and it's astonishing how now many people called them out on their shit shooting mechanics back on Fallout 3's release.
>>
Nowadays they get a
C-
>>
one word : incompetence
>>
>>339064613
Once a respectable studio with vision, today a terrible creatively bankrupt, insanely cynical bunch that very much rival studios like Infinity Ward in cynicism and laziness - true poster childs and still the biggest embodiment of everything wrong with the industry that happened in the last decade.

They aren't terrible as publishers though. Wolfenstein, Dishonored and the New Dooms were among the better things released in the past few years, and they do seem to give quite a lot of space and creative freedom to their development studios. All the more jarring how their own games are terrible.
>>
The only thing they are good at is making a huge world to explore.
Literally everything else in their games(gameplay, writing, story, graphics ect.) is complete shit
>>
>>339064613
Simply the best dev around.
If you add in the publishing arm they are the GOAT studio.

Don't think so.
Even people who hate their games still play them for hundreds of hours.
Bethesda can't lose.
>>
can't wait for the new TES in GAMEBYROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: me_mostpeople_6h.jpg (133 KB, 907x741) Image search: [Google]
me_mostpeople_6h.jpg
133 KB, 907x741
>thoughts
Imperials get out
Chimers suck my dick
Numidium best friend, Nerevar worst friend
Tribunal get out
Mr Gorbovehk, tear down this Ghostfence
Sharmat did nothing wrong
Blight isn't that bad
Sixth House is best house
>>
>>339066345
I sure like my characters floating above the terrain
>>
>>339065845
>one word : incompetence
Actually, laziness and cynicism rather than incompetence. The core problem of their games is that they have absolutely no motivation or interest to do better unless they have a guaranteed, 100% positive proof that doing something will make back massive, MASSIVE increase in profit.
>>
>>339066227
I played Skyrim for maybe 10 hours and Fallout 4 for 2.
>>
skeet skeet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYpYgq-Ln_c
>>
I like their old intro better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6vFH5XwzEM
>>
>>339066539
nigga, levitation was a blast
>>
they really, really, really need to work on their animation

I don't know why they don't just switch to motion capture; they have more than enough money.
>>
Everything up until and including Morrowind was top tier. Morrowind is the single best game they've ever produced.

Oblivion was the beginning of the end, they began shifting focus to consoles (the 360 was basically an Oblivion machine at launch) and it really showed. And that's not be going "buhhhh consoles!" that's just how it was.

Skyrim was further down this path, and the engine really began to show it's age by this point, and the game suffers for it. Here it is 2016 and they're still using it even.

In short, Bethesda used to be really good but as the industry grew and adapted and technology advanced they stayed behind.
>>
>>339068314
>And that's not be going "buhhhh consoles!" that's just how it was.
I agree with your evaluation for the most part, but I do believe you might be overestimating the role multiplaformity played in what Oblivion was like. It was not so much the hardware as the conscious decision to appeal to very broad market.
The most crucial mistakes Oblivion made was A) removing the skill requirement for hit detection in melee combat, which had triggered an entire chain of balance and design alterations that eventually neutered the game terribly, and the decision to capitalize on the popularity of the Lord of The Ring series instead of developing an interesting world that could stand on it's own merits. Neither of these decisions was enforced or necessitated by the multiplaformity, even though they may have been a result of Bethesda broadening their market appeal that was a natural correlate of going multiplatform.
>>
File: whataresynths.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
whataresynths.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
You can headcanon that everyone in their games has Alzheimer's and it fits perfectly fine.

But this is a problem with AAA in general, prioritizing "refractive beads of sweat" at the cost of "walks back and forth forever like a fucking mental patient"
>>
>>339068683
Okay, yeah I can agree with this. Good call, anon.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.