[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War: Warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: sniper cannon.webm (694 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
sniper cannon.webm
694 KB, 854x480
Chaos shits
>>
Steam tanks = Sigmar reborn
>>
>>339058083
>not playing vampire and crushing everyone with infinite skeketon and air superiority
>>
>empire fighting empire
>"This is what happens when you give too much power to the provinces."
bravo CA
>>
Also, can we talk about the mods in the workshop?
Any mods you guys are using?
>>
>>339058083
Hey guys, what heroes can I use to spread delicious vampiric corruption besides the buildings?
>>
>>339059921
use miss bigtits
>>
File: 364360_20160527193514_1.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
364360_20160527193514_1.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Already got my moneys worth, and I haven't even started any other campaigns than this one.
>>
>>339059921

What comic is that?
>>
>>339060456
wait till you start abusing steam tanks.
>>
>>339060530
no idea, just found it on google.
>>
>>339058083
Can't decide myself between buying Overwatch or Warhammer. Both games look fun. However knowing CA I'll spend 40 euro on an incomplete game that will release DLC worth another 120 euro, I've even read some shit about TW:W being a trilogy. Help me out.
>>
>>339061424
they are going to release 2 expansion packs. If you want to play blizzard waifusim, its you call
>>
>>339061424
It really depends. If you ask me, Overwatch is very short lived. Fun for roughly 10 hours if you enjoy onlin FPS games, but after that you've seen everything. I haven't played TW:W, but based on what I've read it's more than the money's worth.

But whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>339061761
to add to what he said, mods are already beginning to come out.
>>
>>339061424
Didnt you try the Overwatch beta? Personally I already decided that I wasn't going to buy it then. Had seen most of it from just that one week of beta with the friends.

I can recommend W:TW though.

But why not both anon?
>>
>>339061761
I'm big fanboy of both Blizz and TW series so it's really a pickle. I respect the bang for buck conversion so logic says Warhammer but at the same time my brain says to me "CA/SEGA are responsible for A:TW and cutting their games into tiny little pieces of DLCs which combined cost more than 3 AAA games". I get a fucking PTSD when I can't play a faction/unit hidden behind a paywall that costs $10.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464322883428.jpg (102 KB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464322883428.jpg
102 KB, 1152x720
>FIGHT ME NOW, JOIN ME AFTER.
>>
Anyone like flying in with their pegasus riding wizards and snipe the fucking Vampire count lords?
>>
My campaign wont load................................
>>
If I'm empire and I raze a dwarven settlement, can I build on top of it?
>>
How the fuck do you demolish buildings? Faggot ass raiders took my city and plopped down a building I cant use yet I cant figure out how to destroy it.
>>
>>339063829
need mod to colonize other race
>>
>>339063167
did you use any new mods?
>>339063829
use the regional occupation mod on steam
>>
Cant wait for full bretonnia
Pegasus knights doing tactical drops into the enemy backlines feels great
>>
Wow the chaos rising of the everchosen was a huge let down.

He rose and started wrecking shit. Luckily I was preparing and took the northernmost dawi hold at the top of vampire territory that was still in the main eastern mountain range through confederation and kicking the humans out. He sent his giant bird fucker at me. "everwatcher" or some shit. Game told me I had zero chance of winning. With some clever footwork a tactical retreat and then an attack from a 1 hero zero unit army to give me another attack I killed it and its massive army of hell spawn and hell cannons. Felt proud of myself until the ever watcher showed up. He managed to raise two cities before my reinforcements I had on the vampire border showed up. I wrecked him like it was nothing, The bird was a bigger problem than he was.

Then suddenly its peace. I'm just mopping up the vamps and warring with the border princes to connect the dawi lands.

Was that really it? It was so built up. The orks gave me more of a problem but that was because there were just SO FUCKING MANY OF THEM AND THEY NEVER FOUGHT THEY ONLY RAN FROM ME THE COWARDS.
>>
>putting OP banners on steam tanks and letting them run riot on the enemy
best feel
>>
>>339062118
being a fanboy of blizzard games

what a cuck
>>
So I am bad as fuck at this game

How do I become good with dwarfs? I Like the play style of firing from range and cleaning up stragglers.
>>
>>339065279
try getting stout infantrymen to hold the line. against orcs, use quarrelers and grudgethrowers for dps
>>
How do i get better at troop movements? Videos would be helpful. All my fights de evlove into blobs hitting each other very untactically as I move my range units around.
>>
>>339065776
your infantry smash into their infantry, have cavalry flank from behind/the sides
send cavalry after archers/ranged, they're typically trash at melee and will crumple
>>
>>339062118
>I'm a fan of blizzard
>The company who stole every single idea in their latest game from others
>The company that designed every character with pandering to some group or another
>The company that intentionally obscured the $40 version of their game in favor of the $60 version
>>
How do I defeat the high ground?
>>
>>339065952
Well yeah I knew that its more like how do i effectively utilize and counter units like skirmishers.
>>
>>339066147
You cant lu ebin sheev memes ecks deeeeee.
>>
Why can I never catch enemy armies?
>>
>playing as chaos on legendary
>get to around turn 100
>event with the advisor fucking you over happens
>have to deal with multiple enemy chaos armies with elite units that all spawn right next to you when it occurs
>>
>>339066147
Artillery. Turn those hilltops against them
>>
Chaos is not allowed
>>
Having a hard time fighting against monsters and shit
>>
Is someone using mods here?
>>
>>339066972

Use anti large units
>>
>>339066972
Spearmen. Or your factions equivilent.
>>
File: 1464187088902.jpg (39 KB, 542x631) Image search: [Google]
1464187088902.jpg
39 KB, 542x631
>>339067084
Does anti large count something like a tank? Could I swarm a tank with spearmen?
>>
>>339066972
gunpowder and solid shot cannon.
>>
File: CjQ48nhWEAAMjxZ.png (1 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CjQ48nhWEAAMjxZ.png
1 MB, 1024x576
>>339058083
Haven't played a Total War game in years but I saw this image on Twitter and I just had to get it, enjoying it immensely fun so far
>>
>>339059708
Don't remember what it's called but I use this camera mod for the battles, it's nice. Other than that I don't plan to use any other mod really until I beat a campaign, so never
>>
Fucking green skins. IM TRYING TO KILL THE VAMPIRES FUCK OFF.
>>
File: after chaos.jpg (312 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
after chaos.jpg
312 KB, 1366x768
>>339058083
I have to admit they really outdid themselves with the endgame crisis

hell, it's not even endgame, and you really have to try to survive to actually win. I played as empire on hard, deliberately avoid marching north and the chaos war effectively lasted half a century with more and more people joining an alliance with me. Because I couldn't really get in range of the chaos warrior stacks, more and more barbarian stacks were roving down south and we only barely managed to survive.

By the time the last chaos stack was killed, 3 varg doomstacks were moving south to templehoff, 3 were sieging up north, and the other barab faction was waging endless doomstack wars with the northern princes. It was only by luck and ordering my allies to chase nearby doomstacks were we able to end the endtimes, and even then the varg doomstacks keep on coming.

S I basically ordered all my allies to crusade up north while I finish off the vampire counts and absorb the lesser imperial states.

The way the map is shaped really makes it feel more desperate; your basically in a bowl of mountains with the only opening being towards chaos, and if you're too busy with chaos then the vampire princes will slowly take over. Early game was me absorbing southern states, vassalising a shit head dwarf faction that kept razing my shit and pushing the vampires out of the central imperial provinces.

Really great game, loving it so far although the imperial army units are literally shit, no joke, just shit.

much funner then vampire cunts, when I played them I just sat and spread corruption while the empire roflstomped the chaos forces
>>
>>339065973
and it was going to be free
>>
>>339067637
eh, not even one of the reskins?
I am using one that colors the empire units to altdorf colors and the heavy armor mod for empire units.
>>
Alright people, does the empire mod that adds plate armored units look good?
>>339067835
sure it was buddy
>>
>>339064610
if you kill the chaos warriors early it's a pretty easy end game crisis. trouble only occurs if you let the chaos warriors march around for a few turns and then their vassalised barb factions start vomiting out doomstack after doomstack.

So endgame end times is only really hard if you either reave the warriors of chaos alone or are unable tor each them
>>
>>339066172

Keep the rock-paper-scissors system of the game in mind.
>>
>>339059120
Heh yeah vampire cunts are so OP. Once you build momentum you can just rush down fools, with every victory bringing you more zombies and skellies that you can raise on the same turn.
>>
>>339068161
Then whats fucking scissors. Armored spearmen? They cant reacg em.
>>
>>339067846
I don't have any strong feelings towards the colors one way or another. Haven't actually looked in depth at the workshop yet either so I didn't actually know those were available. I'll probably take another look around at some stuff later. It's my first total war game and I wasn't even super into Warhammer or anything but the game is really fucking cool so far
>>
>>339068268
he is using vast shogun 2 experience.
>>339068181
of course if you lose, your skeletons disappear
>>
>>339068181
I always tend to have money issues with vampire cunts because no one wants to trade and there's no real decent economic buildings

but at least the battles with the vampire counts are pretty long, when playing empire it's either a 3 minute chain rout with either you or your enemy routing
>>
>>339061761
Yeah, not to mention given how much a hit TWW has become, CA is going to be pumping content into it nonstop. If you enjoy the core gameplay it will keep on giving.

Already as it stands there's more than enough to hold your interest for 100 hours
>>
I'm getting really tired of northern raiders razing my shit and then running away.
Meanwhile I'm trudging along in their lands with 3 armies trying to raze theirs in raid stance at a snail's pace.
How the fuck do these guys not get attrition?
>>
>>339068464
I just sent my allies up there after dealing with the chaos warriors

you do it via the diplomacy tab, and bottom right is a "set target" function, click on that then click on a barb city and watch as 5 brittonian doomstacks crusade north with some dwarfs and a few imperial princes.

Otherwise, you just have to suck t up and go raid mode
>>
>>339065279
As the dwarfs, you're going to want to scout out defensible terrain and park all your artillery and ranged firepower there. Use it as a base of operations to advance your melee units, but make sure you draw your opponents to your fortified position.

Never chase as the dwarfs unless you have some helicopters, bc their little stubby legs can't keep up with most units.

Dwarfs are all about holding an enemy army in place with their excellent front line troops and whittling them away with ranged fire.
>>
>>339068287
I used it because its kinda cool seeing all those neat recolors. If you are new to total war games, you would be interested in knowing that the games are extremely moddable, and provide countless hours of re playability.
>>
>>339068639
>he has allies
But really brits are bros.
>>
File: 1444030625188.gif (3 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1444030625188.gif
3 MB, 350x280
>>339061424
I got both and am having a great time with both games. Between closed beta weekend/open beta/launch I've put about 70-80 hours into Overwatch and am still enjoying it, but the game can be extremely shitty because of all the bad players. It's a fun game, and I've already got my money's worth and I'm still not done with it. I've only played about 13 hours of TW:W but so far the experience has been fantastic and a lot of fun. I've never really played too much of any of the TW games, but this is the first one I feel addicted to I constantly want to play right after I stop. I haven't really encountered anything that ruined my experience, so it's up to you if you want to deal with the frustrations of online players then maybe get OW, but if you just want a fun game to play solo (I don't play multi unless it's with friends) then I'd say get TW:W because it's really fun.
>>
>>339065776
Send your main force to hold the enemy in place. If units that get bunched up behind your front line, move them around the edges to flank. Better if you can get them to encircle the enemy
>>
Any beginner's tips for Vampire Counts? Haven't played Total War since Shogun 2 and Iwasn't very good at it it to begin with.
>>
>tfw dorfs and bretonnia as allies
>setting coordination targets do jackshit
>>
>>339068850
>tfw get leoncouer to get his ass moving with the war target.
>instead of taking the settlement he razes it.
dumb faggot.
>>
>>339068753
I dunno I mean right before chaos end times occurred I had enslaved a shitty upstart dwarf faction who razed my shit, wrecked a ton of imperial pricnes and began to molest brittonia then immediately after the end times occurred everyone began sucking my dick and gagging for me to offer them a confederacy join. I have about half a dozen allies that I literally sent up north to wreck the barbs while I finish off the vampire counts
>>
I'm just going to wait until the Summer sale. I've already spent too much this month.
>>
File: 20160527202524_1.jpg (307 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20160527202524_1.jpg
307 KB, 1366x768
>>339068850
I think they need military access before they move out, not all the time but occasionally they will bug and refuse to move if they have to move through someone else's land

pic related, my based brets and imperials crusading north
>>
>>339069348
>he let middenhiem survive
Let not a traitor live.
>>
>>339068838
>>339068838
Get tech that increases your corruption rate in nearby provinces.

Don't be afraid to throw most of your basic units away, they are expendable and easily replaceable.

Invest in their flying units, they are the best in the game.

Fell bats might look useless but they can be essential in a siege to tie up ranged infantry.

Keep pressing west, your target should be the empire and Altdorf.

Once you have spread enough corruption in nearby lands, you can sack and occupy without many repercussions. I like to sack and occupy some cities and raze the rest to deny the empire resources.
>>
Is it ever the right time to send gelt or whatever gold wizards name is into melee? He once managed to solo a swordsman group but it was sketchy.
>>
>>339059341
What are you on about? Elector counts fighting other elector counts isn't rare at all.
>>
>>339059341
First warhammer?
>>
> start chaos campaign with Kolek Buttraper as my lord
>soon discover he's the most powerful lord in the game
>cut a swath through Norsca, getting barbarian bitches to rally under my banner
>discover that chaos armies can disembark into the sea without any ports
>sail for brittonia raping and pillaging their undefended settlements along the coast
>>
Is there a mod that allows gifting of cities? Vampire counts took one of my brit bros cities and I took it back now I feel like an asshole holding it.
>>
>>339068639
Well fuck.
I didn't think I'd need allies.
>>
>>339070076
>>339070021
its a pretty funny fucking line.
Its like when they reference zombie trivia when fighting the undead.
>>
>>339070890
Oh it's part of the unit chatter. Sorry about that. Yeah that is pretty funny.
>>
>enjoy TW games
>not a Warhammer fan
>Not a fantasy fan
>all I really wanted was another historical game, which everyone else is incredibly tired of

Welp, at least all I have to do is wait 5 years for another game.
>>
What's the MP like?
>>
>>339071162
Nah, I'm not tired of them, it's why I love these games to begin with. It's just tasteless Warhammer fanboys being faggots and thinking they now speak for the TW fanbase. CA has another team working on a non-Warhammer TW right now anyway, so no need to worry.
>>
>>339069572
baby steps bruddah

I needed them alive to get raped by chaos, now i'll eat up the vampire counts before simply offering a confederation offer they will accept instantly because lollovesuckingimperialdickwhenchaosoccurs
>>
I know I'd appreciate the setting and I've bought every single TW game(sans some expansions and dlcs), but I was really rustled by Rome 2 and Atilla didn't do much to help for me.
Is Warhammer worth buying now?
>>
File: backstab.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
backstab.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>
>>339072497
>orcs running away
deserve to be killed desu
>>
File: thefront.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
thefront.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>339072497
>>
>>339072209
See
>>339072497
>>
>>339072209
Oh yes, it's a significant improvement from previous TW games and the best one since shogun 2
>>
>>339072497
orcs are ridiculously passive for me in game so far

all they do is rape dwarves and WAAAARGGHHH themselves, as long as I don't declare war on them I'm pretty much guaranteed to have safe borders when I see an orc settlement
>>
i am hanging for the blood dlc
>>
SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS
>>
File: a.jpg (764 KB, 1541x1151) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
764 KB, 1541x1151
>>339072785
Orkz are only a threat if they get their shit together and stop fighing each other
Otherwise the dwarves can handle them if you're dealing with vamps and chaos
>>
>>339058083
>played all tw games
>have over 500 hours in rome 2 and 200 in attilla
>to poor to afford total warhammer

kill me now
>>
>>339072796
I want really to have a few more unit DLC's for the empire, chaos and orc factions

having varying flavors of trash infantry as empire is a bit disappointing t-b-h. I had hoped for a few interesting elite infantry units, but every empire infantrymen is literal shit. I try using swordsmen as my main infantry body and they get shat on, spearmen even more unless I'm fighting brittonia, and halbeard only work against big mobs

the only way to win is to simply swarm the enemy with men or have a godly hero just do all your heavy lifting

>>339072929
as soon as finish off the vampire cunts and wrecked the barbarians to the north I'm goin on a purging spree in the badlands
>>
>>339059921

I mostly use Banshee/Book of Blood.

I pump out so much corruption I don't worry about it with that passive corruption buff. You should be sitting on so much corruption around all neighboring provinces that they have to sit an army on it or suffer like -10 a turn even with churches.
>>
>>339072964

Are you even trying?
>>
I can't find myself a good army composition as empire.
Can anyone post his?
>>
Is this game at least as good as R:TW?
>>
>>339073101
Yeah the infantry suck, thing is with empire every unit is used to support another unit.

cavalry is really good with empire.

>>339072929
makes me want to make my own webms, wish i recorded by battle against 7500 skeletons yesterday .

only had 2000 men
>>
>>339059921
>>339060530
I wish I could remember the name. The next pages have a pissed off Empire Greatswords regiment slaughtering the entire room.
>>
>>339073373
Yes. The look of the combat is basically the same and both games are fantasy.
>>
>>339072209
What didn't you like about Rome 2 and Attila? It really depends. For me, this game is a cool Warhammer game for when the mood for that strikes but a really shitty and disappointing TW game that doesn't come close the rest. It got rid of so many great features and advances that Shogun 2, Rome 2, and Attila made and it feels archaic and unsatisfying to play. The campaign stuff is super streamlined and basic, the graphics on ultra are easily worse than Napoleon, there's no matched combat, siege maps are tiny and lame and very simplified, there's no small town maps. Unit variety is great, but units don't have any abilities like shield/pike walls, fire arrows, or wedge for cavalry. Heroes are extremely overpowered and unbalanced. If you want Warhammer flavor, this game does that well but if you want a great Total War in the long run you won't find it here.
>>
>>339073297
sorry i dident waste more of my life on that copy paste
>>
>>339073508
So there's actually unit collision in the battles now? And no more "everything stops because of some fags doing a """"cinematic"""" 1v1 on the frontlines"?
>>
>>339073696
Yes.
>>
>>339073746
time to buy then
>>
>>339071726
Wah muh samuwais! -you
>>
>>339072929
Just like in normal warhammer.
>>
File: maxresdefault (9).jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (9).jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
>>339073603

>the graphics on ultra are easily worse than Napoleon

Yeah this is bullshit and you're retarded even without disagreeing with you wholeheartedly about politics/family trees and why that's fucking stupid in a Warhammer game.
>>
>>339073810
You should probably do some detailed research before you buy it. I do recommend the game though.
>>
>>339073681

You obviously didn't spend it honing your English either you Peruvian piece of shit.
>>
So is it fun?
>>
Last Total War game I played was Rome 2.

Will Warhammer restore my faith in the series?
>>
>>339073986
I play Napoleon everyday, that pic is easily on low and definitely not 1920x1080. Nice shitpost. For a 6 year old game, Napoleon still looks fantastic.
>>
>>339061424
Get both. I got both and don't regret it at all.
>>
>Spawn hero
>Enemy hero assassinates it the next turn

Every single time.
>>
>>339074149
Atilla was great man, you missed out

yeah it will. agents are a bit naughty atm but for me it's a great launch and great game. im just hanging for that blood dlc
>>
>>339074149

Well Attila was the best TW they made until Warhammer came out. There's really no reason to play with the shitty AI of previous games after this.

We can debate all day about good features or themes of other ones but the fact of the matter is there is no reason whatsoever to play with AI that only looks shittier in comparison to what we have now, I wish they'd put it in Rome 2 at least.
>>
File: 1405534605389.png (60 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
1405534605389.png
60 KB, 922x882
How well optimized is this? got a 280x and a 4670k OC @ 4.GHz
>>
>>339074310
>>339074332
I grabbed Atilla a while ago, just never found the time to play it, may just boot that up instead then.
>>
>>339074380
should run like a dream
>>
>>339074087
Wooh such agresion mate, did i hit nerv?
>>
>>339074406
Play as saxons.
>>
File: WAAAGH.jpg (745 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WAAAGH.jpg
745 KB, 1920x1080
WAAAGHammer
>>
>install mod disabling heroes
>have fun
>>
>>339074806
>not running around with witch hunters and blamming enemy lords
>>
>>339074806

i dont even know how people are this bad. my heroes get such high level by the time the enemies are any sort of threat.

do you people just leave yourself at -800 income every turn running with needless fullstacks?
>>
>>339074967
It's also really easy to lvl up agents. Just make them sabotage shit. 0.5 to 1 lvl per turn.
>>
File: 400px-Bretonnia.jpg (149 KB, 400x536) Image search: [Google]
400px-Bretonnia.jpg
149 KB, 400x536
Bretonnia when?
>>
>>339075308
>those fucking mountains
nothing like having to deal with genocidal dwarves just to get to those squishy feudal cities
>>
>>339074485
Really?
Also I'm sorry if this bother you guys but this is my first TW, how hard is it to get into?
>>
>>339075563
This is my first one. Took me 7 campains and failures to get it, i bet it would take you less if you arent retard like me.
>>
>>339074967
By the time I can first start spawning heroes I've been seeing enemy heroes for about 15 turns. It's been pretty thoroughly pointed out by a lot of people that the AI gets heroes kinda crazy fast and at high levels.

I started a dwarves campaign last night and my first hero got popped the first turn after I moved it. It just happens.
>>
I'm on about turn 50 of Vampire Counts normal and one of my lords who I've been sending to sack those dwarf towns south of western Sylvania is now a "dwarf friend" with -5 leadership vs dwarfs. For what purpose?
>>
File: 20160527232422_1.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160527232422_1.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
These sieges man, at one point I had something like 3000+ men combined running around. Too bad they always seem to follow the exact same formula.
>>
>>339076185
>they all seem to follow the exact same formula
isn't that like every single total war game?
>>
>>339074380
>>339076185 is me

i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz, R9 285, works great
>>
>>339076756
Man, you're tempting me. Please stop.
>>
>>339076975
I have a fucking rx 8320 oc @ 4.2 and a 280x and runs great.
>>
I want to play this but I'm waiting to pirate it because fuck paying 60 bucks to play a game that I dont know if I'm gonna like.
>>
>>339058083
Can I start with Warriors of Chaos and be fine? It says the playstyle is hard. Should I start with Vampire Counts instead?
>>
>>339077476
Its only hard in the sense that you have no territory and are at war at all times. Chaos has very good units.
>>
>>339077476
I tried starting twice with dwarves, both times got my shit pushed in by the continuous greenskins WAAAHGs. And it says "initial challenge: easy" for dwarves. Now I'm 100+ turns in with chaos and kicking ass. Maybe it fits better with my playstyle, don't know but I find it a lot easier than the presumably "easy" dwarves.
>>
File: tww_le_array.jpg (902 KB, 1434x1069) Image search: [Google]
tww_le_array.jpg
902 KB, 1434x1069
>$60 on Steam
>physical version with metal case and some mini-guide is $40 in the nearby store

Gee I wonder which version is more worth it. Anyway, I'll probably pick this up. I'm reluctant to give CA money but this looks good, impressions are good.
>>
I watched some footage and I have to say, the sounds are fucking amazing, the units, the battle music and the different effects all sound A++. I also got the desire to purge as human, but it sounds like a pretty vanilla boring thing to do, would it be worth it?
>>
Is the AI at all better?

Does it still have that annoying rubberbanding?
>>
>>339078825

It is a pretty significant improvement.

I have a hard time going back and cheesing the AI in even Shogun 2 when I know it at least puts up a fight in Attila/Warhammer.
>>
>>339078823
>Vanilla thing

Ironically empire is the hardest campaign since your expansion options are mainly guided towards saying hello to chaos, raiding vikings fucking your coast or vampires corrupting your shit up

And that not counting when bretonnia decide to fuck your shit
>>
>>339067832
get tanks, i did skirmish with 19 tanks vs 40 empire and vamps and didnt lose one and killed 3000-4000
>>
>>339079179

This.

Purging the Nords immediately as Empire is imperative. Fuck those guys.
>>
How do we improve Bretonnia bros?
>>
Are the orcs really popular among the people who actually play with the little tabletop dolls? They are in pretty much every 40k game too.
>>
>>339078825
The AI is the only thing about this game that isn't a huge step back, in fact it's quite good. I'm actually finding myself losing battles to the AI that aren't already stacked in its favor due to overwhelming numbers. It knows how to play now.
>>
>>339076095
someone had a screen shot of Unlgrim, or whatever the slayer guy, had greenskin friend and hates greenskins.

idk
>>
File: 2RaNCnC.png (148 KB, 339x375) Image search: [Google]
2RaNCnC.png
148 KB, 339x375
>the state of the unit balance in this game
why do they even have stat cards when they're blatantly lying about every single one of them
>>
Literally what is the point of siege equipment when every unit has it's own ladder and can just punch the gate in?
>>
>>339060530
Warhammer forge of war, from boom studios.
>>
File: Capture.png (35 KB, 859x145) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
35 KB, 859x145
>be dwarf
>buy cannons and litter the ground in front of you with a wall of vertically challenged brawlers
>bonus points for ironbreakers who pack more explosives than an arab
>Declare war on the world and sit on a hill
>come back to computer after you stop hearing explosions
>repeat until diplomacy
>accept peace treaty offers coupled with gold
>but more cannons
>>
>>339081685
The ladders are pretty shit unless you completely outclass what is sitting on that wall.
>>
>>339081250
This. A unit with better stats in literally everything can lose to an objectively inferior unit in a one-on-one struggle.
>>
>>339082413
i noticed it hard when i first loaded up the game and picked dorfs and my warriors would get tied up and take 10 years to beat down a group of goblin spearmen, even if i flanked them. and then ungrim barely beating the orc hero you run into in that first battle. there is something horrendously bugged in their battle simulation because if you auto calc it's the polar opposite and you never actually have to fight anything as dwarves due to how much it's skewed in your favor.

chaos are just all around fucking terrible because of this shit too. the fact that chosen get cut to pieces by empire greatswords is really something.
>>
Does this game fill the Battle for Middle-Earth stitch I'm feeling?
>>
I usually play other grand strategy games very cautiously but that seems to be disadvantageous here (this is my first Total War game, I usually play 4X games or Paradox ones). Rather than only going to war when I'm 100% ready am I basically MEANT to be always at war with somebody?

Starting with the dwarves I have the entire first province which has enough income to maintain a couple of 16-unit armies but little else. Does the game reward aggressive expansion and risk-taking over playing slower and more defensively?
>>
>>339083079
It does help early on to basically go 1:1 on income and army upkeep to expand. Otherwise you'll fall behind the other factions who are eating the little guys from the start.
>>
>>339083079
it's a bit more safe to be a war mongerer in this game due to the races being pit against each other. you aren't gonna make peace with any of the orcs so feel free to go nuts, just make sure you don't overextend as they'll dig under the mountains to come gitz ya. try to make an ally with the dwarves if you can just to get some help as the orcs are quickly going to spiral into a death machine, and even if you can't get them into an alliance they aren't ever going to attack you.
>>
Just finished the long campaign as Empire after 16 hours, ask me anything.
>>
Am I the only one who feels like combat is an unfun clusterfuck?
>>
>>339083452
Try new formations or strategies senpu :)
>>
The campaign of this seems utterly childish compared to any Paradox game, even EU4.
>>
>>339083079
the name is total war mate, so you gonna wage wars until you have enough lands and start making weaker vassals,
>>
>>339083452
it's not balanced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rivp37V75Y
>>
>>339083294
Difficulty?
>>
>>339083812
Normal
>>
>>339083838
>playing normal
>>
>>339083079

I played as dwarfs and played defensively up north until Archaon showed up, then I wiped out Chaos. All the while, I had 2 armies fucking up Greenskins down south.
>>
Is there any way to stop the spread of chaos?
>>
>>339083718
It's even "childish" compared to previous Total Wars which were always much simpler affairs than Paradox games.

>>339082912
I doubt it since that's a way different kind of RTS and Warhammer isn't all that similar to LotR.
>>
>>339084867
Temples
Temples of sigmar everywhere
2 per province

Gotta pray hard
>>
pls gift game pls
not poor just scared of regret pls
buy for me
>>
>>339083838
lmao who gives a shit?
>>
>>339085260
you can refund it through steam
>>
>>339085492
pls
wat if I like it
>>
>>339085560
then don't refund
>>
>>339084867
What faction? Orks needs Warboss Tents, but I think they all have a building that counters vampiric and chaos influence along with unrest. Also, agents can get an ability that counters it in whatever region they're in assuming you control it.
>>
>>339085937
Vamps.
>>
File: 45678.jpg (39 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
45678.jpg
39 KB, 447x444
>>339085260
>not poor
Do you really expect any of us to believe that third world kiddie?
>>
>>339085395
>lmao

kill yourself
>>
>>339086285
whoa don't kill me with your normal beating skillz :^)
>>
>kill the vampire scum to the last single handedly, lots of factions want my dick now
>dwarves, bretonnia, and the border realms have all put aside their differences to absolutely stomp chaos with me

Why aren't you playing as the empire? Are you a traitor?
>>
IMPORTANT QUESTION

Is Archaon in game?
>>
Denuvo?
>>
>>339086515
Yes.
>>
>>339086482
you're sub-normal, should be enough.
>>
>>339086492

I did this, but as dwarfs. By the time Chaos showed up I had like 7 military alliances.
>>
>>339063152
>that lovely feeling when their zombies disintegrate
Mmm yes.
>>
>>339086515
Go open the webm in the op.
>>
>>339086515

See OP's webm. That's Archaon getting blown off his horse.
>>
It's shit /v/, like previous total wars but more simple. Hope you didn't buy it.
>>
File: 96.png (512 KB, 614x642) Image search: [Google]
96.png
512 KB, 614x642
>>339086656
I did, I didn't know that was supposed to be him.
>>
File: 1455655670896.jpg (5 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1455655670896.jpg
5 KB, 125x125
I still can't fathom the unholy alliance between companies to make this a reality.
I would never have imagined years ago this would actually be real.

And that it would actually be good.
>>
>>339086772

How's this?
>>
File: 1461451361274.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1461451361274.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>chaos fucks start doing their thing
>"I'll start moving guys over so I can stop the upcoming siege"
>immediate battle
>even though it was walled
>>
>>339088459
If they have a single artillery unit they can start the battle
>>
>>339087830
>assblasted.jpg
>>
File: killmeanon.gif (992 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
killmeanon.gif
992 KB, 500x376
>no torrents on kickass
>>
>>339085260
Sent :)
>>
>>339091126
Denuvo. Why would you ever think there would be?
>>
have you brought fabulous chaos to the world today /v/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skFKNudZuWM
>>
How quickly does this game get boring? Since the campaign seems to have been simplified I imagine the meat of the game lies in the battles

But don't they all play out the same after a while? Even the battles are just a dumbed down RTS, how long is that gonna be fun I wonder
>>
>>339092149
>implying overrunning civilization with stacks and stacks of zombies and basic skellies isn't endlessly fun
>>
File: empire yet.jpg (337 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
empire yet.jpg
337 KB, 1366x768
>>339058083
have I united the empire yet? I already won the "short" victory and now I'm just mopping up the north of vampires and barbs
>>
>>339092149
How many hours have you put into other Total War games? Because you'll probably get about the same out of this, maybe slightly less. I'm already at 20 hours played, not bored yet. Haven't even finished my first campaign yet as Orks (turn 100 or so and Dwarfs are stopping my advance). I've also played a bunch of custom battles just to try different shit out (just finished one where I used 40 giants and killed 6000 Vampire zombies and skeletons for shits and giggles)
>>
>>339092776
A lot into medieval 2 and shogun 2, maybe I'm just bored of total war in general since I've played the past games so much
>>
>>339058083
I always play with vamps online with carstein on a dragon, at first i would just use the vortex but i just discovered that the magic missile is super OP.

You hit a steam tank 3 times with a magic missle and it gets destroyed
>>
>I just realized handgunners and thunderers can shoot on one another unlike in other Total War games where only the front rank can fire or in Fall of the Samurai where Kneel Fire exists allowing the first two front rows to shoot
>>
>>339085492
can refund money go back to your bank account or will it go to your paypal account?
>>
>>339093546
I discarded gunners at about mid-late game, they simply were too much hassle to position and too weak to get in any sort of scuffle moving them on the flanks.

Instead I just went 2 tanks, 2 rocket arty, while letting my hero do the heavy work on large fools
>>
File: Vampire_New.jpg (493 KB, 1821x838) Image search: [Google]
Vampire_New.jpg
493 KB, 1821x838
>>339059921
By stealing energy.
>>
>>339091416
Is anyone even trying to crack it? That's the real question.
>>
>>339063962
Oh god. Sparring fields?
Fucking chaos. I don't think you can get rid of them.
>>
>play vampires
>its an absolute cake walk
Having free attrition as a defence and being able to kill the AI without even crossing into their borders really makes this faction a bore. Even playing on very hard.
>>
>>339092771
glorious
>>
>>339093026
Well, if you're burnt out on it then it probably isn't for you at the moment. Just wait until the mood strikes you to check it out. I guess I never get bored of these games personally, I've put at least 100 hours into each Empire/Napoleon, Shogun 2, and Rome 2 and still love it.
>>
>>339094475
Play on legendary then, cuck.
>>
>>339094309
No. Nobody has been trying to crack any Denuvo games since last year because it's futile.
>>
File: 1463945006744.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463945006744.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>my face when I see M'lady in peril
>>
>>339094691
Isn't last year when that chinese group said they'll sit back and see if Denuvo even does anything? I don't know shitall about crack groups but if 1 big player said to watch I wouldn't be surprised if the rest did the same.

>futile
How so? I genuinely don't get how this DRM is "unbeatable" like the other ones. Can you explain in depth the difference?
>>
>>339094867
The .exe is protected and can't be cracked. The chinese group gave up.
>>
>>339094867
In Total War terms, Denuvo is like you playing as attackers in a siege battle with only peasant units and no siege equipment. Impenetrable wall surrounding the .exe.
>>
>>339095313
Can normal units destroy the gate or do you have to specifically bring anti-gate units and siege equipment?
>>
>>339095050
>>339095313
So it's a more modern version of SecuROM? If that's the case, wouldn't only be a matter of time before the crackers can unwrap the protection?
>>
How do you guys handle being outnumbered?
>>
File: 1464225705051[1].jpg (726 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464225705051[1].jpg
726 KB, 1920x1080
>my face when the enemy starts pulling quality tactics on me
>mfw the enemy AI is doing continous rotation cavalry attacks
>>
>>339095468
Its been like 3 years now and no one is even trying to crack it. Maybe in 10 years.
>>
>>339095731
>3 years
I was under the impression that games like MGSV were cracked relatively quickly?
>>
>>339095391
Depends which game I suppose, in the recent ones regular units can throw torches to burn the gates, but that's irrelevant because the simple point was that an army of nothing but peasants trying to charge a fortified wall with archers on it will break before they touch it every time.
>>339095468
SecuROM was very different, that shit relied on a flawed system of requiring the internet to verify stuff and thus left itself vulnerable. Denuvo is built into the game, no way around it.
>>
>>339095561
>mfw the enemy AI is doing continous rotation cavalry attacks

Only took them 15 fucking years. Thank god, though, I hear the AI has improved a lot. Bodes well for medieval 3.
>>
>>339095840

MGS V used an earlier version of denuvo with an exploit, no such exploit has been found so far in the current version
>>
>>339095561
it would be better if the non-dwarf battle lines lasted long enough to notice
>>
>>339095492

how did Obi-Wan defeat Anakin in single combat
>>
>>339095995

just wait for divide et impera total war edition
>>
>warhammer sells 500k
>ca never makes a history game again
press f
>>
File: 1464227571658.jpg (84 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464227571658.jpg
84 KB, 300x300
DAILY REMINDER TO STOP LETTING THE AI ASS FUCK YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE SCARED TO GO NEGATIVE
THE AI IS RICH
WHICH MEANS IT HAS HUGE GOLD
SACK AND RAID
RAID AND SACK
BUILD A GODDAMN SECOND ARMY YOU COWARD
I'M GOING TO POST THIS EVERY THREAD UNTIL YOU GIT GUD
>>
>>339058083
I think the map's a tinsy bit too small right now, and the way the geography of the world is made up make the game feel a bit linear; to get to brettonia you have to go through the mountain corridor of dwarves, to get to the badlands again more dwarfs etc etc

I'm pretty sure that will be solved with new expansions I hope they add some more challenging late game stuff as well
>>
>>339096703
>can't select weather or time of day
>fucking no factions (inb4 it's always been like this or unit roster argument when the meta for this game is 20 units of pikemen)
>500k people bought into the GW meme
FUCKING C U C K O L D S
>>
>>339096995
>dwarves and orcs in the mountains
>The're actually in the mountains

That's the point
>>
>>339096995
>instead of warriors coming from north it's daemons popping up wherever the wind blows
>>
File: 1447116149269.jpg (379 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447116149269.jpg
379 KB, 1920x1080
>>339097195
You honestly tried
>>
File: Wake_me_up_inside.png (24 KB, 131x110) Image search: [Google]
Wake_me_up_inside.png
24 KB, 131x110
>Playing as Dorfs
>Never played a TW game before, it's a slow start.
>mfw Grimgor confederates with 3 greenskin tribes before turn 15.
>>
>>339097453
DU BEKAR MOTHERFUCKER
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.