[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is DOOM safe to buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 15
File: Doom4.png (132 KB, 292x171) Image search: [Google]
Doom4.png
132 KB, 292x171
I know the game is good, at least looks good enough to me, but is it 60 euros good? A couple of playthrough and it's over or the MP is somewhat not as shit as I heard and the package is decent for the price?

Also, I read about a crippling bug forcin the game in Dev mode fuckin up online MP and achievements and the only fix is deleting your fuckin save profile. This sounds fuckin terrible, is it rare or common? Are they patching this shit?

Feedback appreciated from owners of the game, shitposters who whine cause they cannot pirate it, fuck off
>>
I bought it for the full 60. Absolutely loved it. Sunk 40 hours into it, never touched the multiplayer or snapmap.
>>
>>339040194
I'd buy it on a sale later. There is nothing special about the game. You can just play Serious Sam or Painkiller for the same effect.
>>
File: 2016_02_24_05_50_30-rep.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2016_02_24_05_50_30-rep.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Paid £22
Finished it in a day on nightmare
Checkpoints after every fight
Really easy
Designed around controller limitations
Fun for about 8-10 hours but not amazing. Play devil daggers instead.
>>
>>339040261

40 hours sounds decent to me, I assume you got it smooth and no dev mode bug.

>>339040318
I played those game billions of times already, I need fresh air.
>>
>>339040194
The SP is what's great about it, the rest isn't as good. Is it worth 60 Euros? Depends I suppose, the SP is around 10+ hours long and it is a great experience.

If you think that 10+ SP campaign is worth 60 Euro, go for it, otherwise wait for a sale. Since it's only the SP that's worth it, you don't really have to worry about anything, unlike say the MP that might die out before you get it.
>>
>>339040456
Also, just to add, the amount of hours really depends on how much you explore since there's secrets and shit. I haven't beaten it yet but I suspect that I personally will get 14-16 hours from one playthrough. since I am a completionist. I feel like it's a game that's probably fun playing through again on higher difficulties too.

I heard the hardest difficulty makes you start over if you die once, which is a neat challenge.
>>
>>339040453
>I played those game billions of times already, I need fresh air.

To be honest I enjoyed coop Invasion wads for original Doom in Skulltag/Zandronum much more than this new D44M. It looks good, but the gameplay is too simplistic.
>>
>no achievement for finishing on Ultra Nightmare
It's casual
>>
Multiplayer is straight garbage.
Snapmap was a good idea but is so limited that it's garbage.
Campaign is pretty good but not 60 dollars good, it's a little repetitive and simplistic and the music sucks.
>>
>>339040194
Picked it up last night. Been playing all night/morning.

It's a breath of fresh air. But that may be "new game buzz" talking. Doesn't seem like it'll get old too quickly.. but we'll see.

So far I would spend 40 on it easy. If I can replay it a couple times, the 60 will be worth it.
>>
File: 5.jpg (57 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
57 KB, 540x304
>>339040692
>Music sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0
>>
Singleplayer is goddamn glorious. By far the most fun I've had with a SP FPS in about a decade, maybe more. It's just so goddamn fun.
And SMART, too. You wouldn't expect it to be, but there's genuine thought given to the basic game design and level layout that you wouldn't normally attribute to a game like this.

Is it worth 60? Honestly, hard to say. I WILL say that it's worth throwing SOME money at it, just because of how good it is. I spent the full 60 just to support the idea of more games of this caliber and don't regret it for a second.
>>
I really fucking wish we could get some dedicated servers for the multiplayer holy shit
>>
>>339040692
> music sucks

I can't think of a better fit to killing demons than metal and bass heavy shit. Sorry your opinion is gay.
>>
Where the fuck do you live that a game costs 60 euros? I live in the UK and I got it for £40. It was worth every penny.
>>
>>339040926
It's shit. modern metal music is shit compared to classic metal music.

although at least this and BFG Division don't have that wubshit fucking trash on it.
>>
>>339040572
>I heard the hardest difficulty makes you start over if you die once, which is a neat challenge.

sounds pretty punishing, but why not
I am a completionist as well so yeah, summing up at least 2 walkthrough makes about 30 hours. Acceptable.

>>339040661
that stinks

>>339040692
>>339040840

I expect to play it twice at least

None of you guys had this dev mode bug? I assume it's actually rare
>>
>>339040409
is tat the game in your webm? Has absolutely no verticality what so ever and would be just as easy with a controller.
>>
>>339040692
>and the music sucks
what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
>>
>>339040974
Sorry I'd rather listen to plagiarized Pantera than WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB
>>
>>339041019
>None of you guys had this dev mode bug?
This is the first I'd ever heard of it. I think it's pretty rare, if it's even a real thing.
>>
File: 1414057064631.gif (177 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1414057064631.gif
177 KB, 480x480
>>339040692
>and the music sucks.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>339041101
There isn't even that much wub compared to legitimate atmospheric guitar and drums.

Either your speakers/headphones suck or your ears are retarded.
>>
>>339041093
You clearly haven't played it, and even if you haven't, you're clearly retarded for even thinking that based on the movement in the webm.
>verticality
You think every console FPS is on a horizontal plane? Fucking kek.
>>
>>339041101
How to spot a retard
>>
>>339041019
I didn't have it personally, can't really tell how how common it is or not.

Also, remember there is a refund feature on Steam so use it if you don't like the game, though remember that it must be under 2 hours of gameplay too.

>>339041017
You're free to have that opinion but I love it. Classic metal is awesome too but I really don't try to compare the two.
>>
>>339040194
>60 euros
m8 i can get a half decent running car for that, if you're wasting your hard earned, slave waged, money on that then you have some serious problems you need to sort out before you continue on this path
>>
>>339041246
not at all, but when a game is built around "controller limitations" this typically refers to iron sights, slow movement speed and a lack of verticality in the level geometry. None of which nuDoom has, so I'm really not sure what you mean.
>>
>modern metal is shit
>clasic metal is good

no. good metal is good, shit metal is shit
>>
>>339041104
You like the music too? Finally, we can have something in common
I recommend this too
https://youtu.be/g2oyweqZ7WM
>>
>tfw Doom 3 remix theme comes on
https://youtu.be/4_FcybvR6rA?list=LLPl0JtT1VNXyp77nX1a0hEA&t=134
>>
>>339040926
>posts bad music
well, thanks for proving it.
>>
>>339040409
I would pay $60 to not play the game in your .webm
>>
>>339041502
> Music I don't like is bad

You what's wrong with people
>>
>>339041387
>typically refers to iron sights
Nope
>slow movement speed
Yep.
>Lack of verticality
Nope

>dedicated grenade button
>no rocket jumping
>no advanced movement mechanics
>2 weapon limit (see MP)
>grenade indicators ('cause console shitters are on TV's)
>>
File: Capture.png (72 KB, 276x157) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
72 KB, 276x157
This was 14 hours until I started messing with snapmap.
Now I have one survival game finished
"Redout" Survival (1-4 Player) I recommend at least 2, and I'm working on Area 768 which is campaign styled map, it's about half done.
I also highly recommend Avatar of Sin, it's excellent some guy from /vg/ made it, spent about 60 hours making the map. It's extremely difficult and good as fuck.

I still need to 100% the campaign and I haven't touched Nightmare difficulty.
>>
>>339040409

>le play this extremely simple game with 10 minutes of content just because it's hard meme

No, kill yourself.
>>
>>339041613
>liking wubmetal

what's wrong with your tastes
>>
>>339041620

>DOOM GAME
>ROCKET JUMPING
>CARING ABOUT MP IN A DOOM GAME

Wow.
>>
>>339041620
>no rocket jumping
Anyone else notice how most of the """"DOOM fans"""" on /v/ have never actually played DOOM?
>>
>>339041620
okay cool here we go
>dedicated grenade button
sorry man but what world do you live in where this isn't a direct fucking improvement over having to switch to a grenade weapon slot? You're entitled to your opinion but I really want to hear why you think this is a negative point.
>slow movement speed
compared to the original Doom? Maybe. Compared to Halo/Cod and other modern shooter games? Absolutely not. The movement speed is fine, especially if you use runes.
>no rocket jumping
you can rocket jump with the Gauss rifle's charge shot. Literally watch any speed run, or maybe play the fucking game.
>No advanced movement mechanics
double jumping and climbing, neither of which were present in original doom or even quake.
>2 weapon limit
only applies to multiplayer and in that instance it's because of the retarded loadout system.
>grenade indicators
you can turn this off if it bothers you, I don't mind it at all.

Have you played it?
>>
>>339040194
Tbh the ratings and disapproval of this game on /v/ comes solely from git guds who laxidasically run through the game without exploring/finding secrets etc + people who have never played the game and play on the whole multiplayer sux doom meme.

People are not happy nowadays unless the game has some kind of online focused functionality and single player focused games suffer because of that, no matter how good they are.

I've played this game for long ass time doing a completionist run and i am not at all disappointed that i spent 60 bucks. Finding the secrets and exploring is wonderful in this game.

to /v/ its just been a meme to hate since the multiplayer reveal hate and genwunners whining about how its not the exact same as the original.
>>
>>339041659
I gave up on snapmap as soon as I tried playing my first WIP map
2 weapons max, and you start with some ? no double jump ? score coming out of demons when you shoot ? interior only ? something like max 60 enemies ? triggers not triggering ? fuck it
>>
>>339040974
>metal

Fuck, this is golden. Electronic percussions mixed with some light electronic riffs and electronic drums is not metal.
>>
>>339041445
Butchered
>>
>>339041620
The movement speed is just barely as fast as in the original Doom with sprint held down.

Why do you fags that pretends to have played the original Doom seem to forget this? Did you hold down your sprint button 24/7?
>>
I assume this game is like 50 gigabytes like all 'modern' games
>>
>>339041949
>neither of which were present in original doom
You're right about that, but that's where the Parkour wad comes into play

Play Parkour with Brutal Doom and there you go. Brutal Doom isn't good either but you get the classic equivelant to nudoom, for free. On any map set ever, even if it breaks the levels.
>>
>>339042078
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw

skip to a minute in if your autism won't allow you to listen to electronic sounds for 30 seconds.
>>
>>339042296
maybe he's just like me and doesn't like listening to shit, ever thought about that?
>>
Single player was fun as fuck.

60 euro? Maybe not.
30 euros? Fuck yes.
>>
>>339042193
52gb, but I don't think there are any 5gb day-one patches this time
>>
>>339042296
This game shouldn't have had wubshit in it in the first fucking place.

I'd rather they just plagiarized the shit out of Pantera and Metallica again.
>>
>>339042289
>game sucks because you can fernangle a solution out of second rate fan made wads

Did you know mirrors edge also has better parkour than nuDoom? It's almost like that's not the fucking point of the game.
>>
>>339041837
Well they aren't blinded by nostalgia for one.

Wouldn't say that's something wrong with them, though. And I seriously doubt you have any idea what you're talking about. Sounds like you heard a few tracks for pop-metal and immediately discarded everything past the 80's as shit.

You're a relic. Which is fine, but calling new music bad is pretty retarded. The track posted isn't even ose to wub metal.
>>
>>339041012
I move across Europe for work but this summer I'm in Poland and the game is 60 euro on Steam

>>339041103
Glad to hear that

>>339041270
I know, i refunded a couple of games already, but form what I've heard some peoplegot screwed and had to delete the save file after 8 hours of SP.

>>339041284
You can get a car for 60 euro? Where the hell do you live?
Also, I can afford that, I just don't like to throw away. Especially when the flaws pop in when i cannot refund anymore

>>339041659
thanks for the feedback, much appreciated
>>
>>339042076
You have to add settings bro.
Double jump is enabled by default...but you have to actually enable the option first.
You can disable score, revives, you can only put 64 enemies outright on a map and only 12 can exist at a time, but you can have an infinite amount of demons in a map via spawners and events. Triggers are fucky to deal with. It's literal graphic based programming so if you have no knowledge of how to do that, have fun learning it by yourself.
I did, which is why it took me 20 hours to make one map. Here's a tip, don't use Booleans, use Gates, they have non (neither a or b), xon (a or b is yes but b or a is no) and and (a and b is yes) inputs and outputs. Don't forget to actually have it test for whether it's a non, xon or and when the value changes or it won't actually trigger.

The ingame tutorials are ass. Start up a regular map, let it auto do the trigger, then look at then and read what all they do. V locks into a logic chain, w and s switches logic spokes up or down and a and d goes backward or forwards along a logic chain.

The real shitty thing is indoor only and the only 12 demons at a time though. It's not for the faint of heart, but it's honestly not nearly as limited as I thought it was. Try out Avatar of Sin. If you can actually make it to the prison fight and the fight after that (good fucking luck I can't do it) then you'll see some real cool shit.
>>
>>339042078
> Not metal

You are a special kind of old.
>>
>>339042445
>all electronic music
>wubshit

I bet you have hair down to your nipples and wear exclusively black t shirts with edgy designs on.
>>
>>339040194
what game is ever worth 60€?
none.

thats why you buy at key selling sites, i got doom for 34€ which is a great price for this product
>>
>>339042445
Aaaaaannd the damage control begins

Way to show that your mental illness, nostalgiafag
>>
>>339042076
>>339042645
Oh and if nothing else, just download the map and then enter edit mode from "My Downloaded Maps"

The amount of triggers he has on that map puts tumblr to shame.
>>
>>339041961
good feedback, thank you

>>339042193
I don't see how any of this is an issue with terabytes of space, honestly. I also happen to have a great connection so whatever.
>>
File: 1294760760344.png (330 KB, 631x439) Image search: [Google]
1294760760344.png
330 KB, 631x439
>>339040194
Single player started out kind of shitty, but by the time I reach what I assume is the half way point, it had become pretty damn fun. I'm still not sure how I feel about upgrades and shit, but I'm still having fun with it.
Multiplayer sucks and plays like a super slow Quake, but I'd say the single player is almost worth it.
>>
>fuckin
>>
DEDICATED SERVERS WHEN?
>>
File: samus profile.png (30 KB, 638x697) Image search: [Google]
samus profile.png
30 KB, 638x697
>>339043080
>>
How is the optimization? My PC isn't the best.
>>
>>339040661
>caring about achievements when finishing the game on the highest difficulty is a literal achievement in and of itself
I fucking despise modern gamers.
>>
>>339040194
i bit the bullet the other day and bought it
SP has some good points especaillly the first couple of levels then drops the ball and ends up being pretty average overall
it's not that long i got through it in maybe 7 hours
it's better than TNO but falls into the same pitfalls
havn't tried multiplayer and not very interesting in it anyway
snapmap is meh
I'd give the whole thing a 6/10 and the singleplayer isn't any better than SW2013
>>339043820
pretty good it's mostly the graphics card that will take the big hit
>>
>>339044241
I won't play full price for it. I'll wait until a sale.
>>
finished the campaign yesterday first run on UV.
game is very good, solid gameplay satisfying weapons lots of gore smooth animations tons of secrets to find excellent grafics
i bough the game as key on a third party site for 30 bucks and it was certainly worth it, havent had this much fun in an fps since Serious Sam 3
>>
>>339044241
>falls into the same pitfalls as TNO

how? I'm curious. The design of Doom is incredibly different to TNO and I really don't know why they keep getting compared.
>>
>>339043820
It's actually very well optimized indeed.
Which is not to say it doesn't require some heavy machinery to get looking good, because it does. You need at least a 970 to get this game looking as good as it possibly can. But it scales incredibly well, it has very granular graphics settings, and it still looks great even on low settings.
>>
Did this Doom have E1M1 in it?
Or did they drop the ball completely?
>>
>>339040409

Uh, nightmare is a blocked difficulty.
>>
>>339043820
It runs great.
Except when the engine shits itself. Which happens regardless of your graphics settings or your hardware.
>>
File: you can't do anything.jpg (28 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
you can't do anything.jpg
28 KB, 300x200
I tried playing it on my admittedly outdated computer. The first level ran like fucking butter on Medium, but once I entered the Resource Ops building or whatever the framerate tanked and never recovered. I tried turning everything to low but it didn't help at all. I assumed it was the volumetric smoke or something that I couldn't disable, so I got a refund.

It sucks cause I was having a lot of fun.
>>
>>339040194
No, it's shit. Wait until it's 5 bucks.
>>
>>339044872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTms5jpsfP8
>>
it's really good and I played it multiple times. I didn't buy it though I played via family share off a friends account
>>
>>339044241
>it's better than TNO but falls into the same pitfalls
what I hated about TNO was bullet sponge combined with hitscan enemies
I really didn't had that problem with doom
>>
>>339040926
music is great in doom, so stop feeding this autistic retards man :)
>>
Doom 4 is a slow piece of shit. Faggots who claim it is any way comparable to the originals are either shills or children who weren't even alive when the original games came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-o-zxOUSPY
>>
>>339044872
It plays when you put up a collectible
It plays at the start of a challenge
It plays at the end of each level
It plays at the intro and end sequence
It plays when you unlock a classic map
It plays on the E1-M1 classic map itself

They went overboard with it
>>
>>339045159
I want to kill myself.
>>
I really wanted to hate it, i bought it and im loving it right now. The multiplayer is pretty run of the mill generic shit but the campaign is a ton of fun
>>
>>339045421
It's fine

Now if you actually want a bad version of E1M1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oyweqZ7WM
>>
File: DOOMx64_2016_05_23_20_33_35_748.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DOOMx64_2016_05_23_20_33_35_748.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
i found one of these rooms
apparently there are 2 on every level that unlock classic doom maps to be played from the main menu or something
>>
>>339040194
only Sp is fine, and they killed modding
wait until it's 20 bucks
>>
>>339045552
>It's fine
Except for the fact that it isn't. It's completely garbo. It's like they wanted the 2011 middle school audience, so they figured dubstep was the way to go.
>>
>>339045556
There's only 1 per map, 13 in total
>>
File: Waukeen's promenade.jpg (304 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Waukeen's promenade.jpg
304 KB, 1800x1200
>>339045367
Can you not be a fucktard? First of all, the first fucking Doom used a sprint button, so claiming "Doom was fassttttt!!!" just proves you're a fucking child who haven't played the originals.

Second of all, Snapmap and MP is slower than the SP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAIu_JrTX7o
>>
>>339045367
I love when people complain that the new Doom is "Slow".

Like, how out of touch with modern gaming can you possibly be?

>I have dig back a full decade and a half to find a game that compares favorably to this game, and even then only in very specific ways. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE OF IRONY!
>>
>>339045758
How old are you m8?
>>
>>339040194
its really shitty. Buy it on steam at least so you can refund it. It is a seriously terrible game.
>>
>>339040409
stop shilling your game.
>>
File: Doom.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Doom.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>339045367
If you say so
>>
>>339045942
>btw I didn't play it
>>
>>339046046
>missing every shot
>>
>>339046318
One on the cacodemon is not every shot
>>
I think it's telling that literally every complaint leveled at this game, besides the flat "Hur it's shit" all boil down to "It's not enough like the original"

The game is great.
Literally the only people who don't like it for specific reasons are upset that it's not a pixel-perfect recreation of Doom 2.

I honestly can't think of any way this game could be any more DOOM and still be an AAA release in 2016. Even the shit that is very patently "A Game made in 2016", like the weapon upgrade system, is well thought out and executed.

EVEN THE FUCKING GLORY KILLS ARE GOOD.
I AM PRAISING A GAME FOR IT'S USE OF SCRIPTED KILLS. WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO MY WORLD
>>
>>339046763
Thank fuck they made the Glory kills so quick. As plenty of other peeps has said, Glory kills doesn't slow combat down since it's so damn quick.

Someone will probably reply to your post and claim something like "Hurr invincible makes game 2ez and gives you health" while ignoring the fact that spamming Glory kills is the fastest way to get killed on the actually hard difficulties.
>>
>>339040194
Yes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZN271bYcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8j2zj-A5tE

Watch side by side. Doom 4 is slow as fuck. Sure, if you are used to playing Halo it may seem like it's quick.
>>
>>339046763
>EVEN THE FUCKING GLORY KILLS ARE GOOD.
I never liked the idea when I saw the firsts videos they ever released, and just dismissed the game as a cheap brutal doom HD wannabe.
I don't know on lower difficulties, but the glory kills are a great element in nightmare once you learn how to exploit that brief invulnerability to your favor while refilling your HP, and not really that easy to pull off because you have to time/position yourself properly or you'll get fucked instead. I'm really surprised they did a good job with such a pseudo-QTE.
>>
>>339040692
This. Mashing up and over-processing djent samples with wubwubs doesn't make a good ost. And djent is by far the shittiest element in metal music.
>>
>>339048159
>IT'S NOT DOOM 2

See? Every goddamn time.

>Sure, if you are used to playing Halo
Yes! Exactly! Because we ARE used to playing Halo, and Call of Duty, and Battlefield. That's the entire fucking point. Not all of us have been playing nothing but WADs for 20 years.
Because the modern landscape is literally nothing but those kinds of slower, aim-down-sights, regenerating-health type games, and getting a game that plays like it's from 1993, while still having the amenities and graphics from 2016 is a goddamn breath of fresh air.
>>
>>339048159
>Game is almost as fast as the original while sprinting

>"SEE, SLOW!"

Can you fucking tards stop pretending to be old fans when you don't even fucking know that the Original Doom and Doom II games had a sprint button?
>>
>>339040409
>Nightmare
How about playing with no lives faggot.
>>
>>339048965
>and getting a game that plays like it's from 1993
Except that it doesn't. It doesn't even play like a game from 1999.

It's fucking weak made for consumerist faggots and children who will buy anything with a known brand name attached to it.

>It's a Doom game it must be good.
>>
>>339049473
>made for consumerist faggots and children who will buy anything with a known brand name attached to it
There's people barely know about Doom's previous existence
>>
Good single player but it's not worth $60. Also, while I do like some of the music, it's true that it doesn't stand out compared to original DOOM. While I do agree that Metal is needed when destroying and causing cause which raises testosterone, it just isn't considered "hip" or "cool" today, so it's why you don't see to many bands. So they had to go with Mick Gordon.
>>
>>339049767
I literally cannot remember a single song from original DOOM except for E1M1
>>
>>339049925
there were like 5 good tracks in total

a lot of them were pretty mellow and boring
>>
>>339040194
Word of advice, if you like the older dooms, make sure you turn off all the shit notifiers. Turn off the glowing enemy shit, turn off the map marker, turn off the compass, turn of the help markers. The game is much more time consuming if you have play it like actual doom and don't let it hold your hand all the way.i started on ultra violence with no HUD except health armor and ammo and have been greatly enjoying the speed and challenge.
>>
>>339040318
Mentioning those crude and poorly made run-backwards-while-holding-down-LMB simulators in the same sentence as the best modern FPS ever made, DOOM, is a fucking insult to DOOM.
>>
>>339049663
It's like claiming the Phantom Menace is a great movie while never having seen the Original Star Wars movies.

Absolutely moronic.
>>
>>339042445
>all electronic is wubshit

i thought this board was 18+
>>
>>339050429
What happened when games were designed like this? I remember when you had to really master a game to be able to beat it, or master a level and have that flow. Were checkpoints and lives added because of game length? Were casual features added so the casual market be able to have easy accessibility? Hmm.Fuck modern games.
>>
>>339049767
it wasn't that good
https://youtu.be/BXadlRsHABY?t=15m6s
>>
>>339040194
Wait until it's at below 10 buckaroos. The game's not worth more than that.
>>
>>339050429
>more time consuming
i don't want it to be time consuming

also, dont pretend the original doom didn't have it's automap
>>
>>339042445
Electronic music doesn't even come close to wubshit, in fact, wubmusic isn't even dubstep, dubstep is more like Burial or Bachelor of Science or early Netsky. Please get your shit right. And Metal is dead, there hasn't been a good metal band for the longest time. They are all feminine cucks.
>>
People claiming this game is fantastic and the best modern shooter ever made are a lot like the people claiming that Uncharted is a masterpiece.

The games themselves are decent but not even a quarter as good as they try to make them out to be. You should know better than to ask such questions here and now.
>>
>>339048159
D44M has verticality though, so that balances it out
>>
>>339050986
>dubstep is more like Burial or Bachelor of Science or early Netsky
look at mister fancy here with his degree and his knowledge of people i don't know and his cucking accusations, sitting up in his IVORY tower above us, the proles.
>>
>>339051203
You haven't played the game. Who are you to rate it's quality?
>>
>>339051203
Bullshit faggot, I've played all the original Doom games, Turok, and all the serious sams, D44M is the best modern shooter in years
>>
Depends what you want. If you just want some good old fps action, go on. If you're looking something with an intricate story, good characters, don't bother.
>>
>>339051296
>>339051304
And of course, the same generic replies every time. I wonder if there are people around here who still fall for this shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (808 KB, 918x532) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
808 KB, 918x532
So, now that Blizz. has a new cashcow, does it mean that Legion will be definietly the last straw and no further effort will be developed on that front?
>>
>>339051304
>D44M is the best modern shooter in years
Yeah, I guess if you compare a game to exclusively shit then it does look pretty good.
>>
>>339051445
I'm telling you I've played FPS games my whole life and still loved D44M sorry that you don't know what you want and are an old bitter fag
>>
>>339051582
>I'm telling you I've played FPS games my whole life and still loved D44M
Okay, and I'm saying I've heard that same exact thing a million times in every D44M thread in reply to every negative comment so I know better than to take it as meaning anything. It's an incredibly transparent tactic, trying to act like you have gamer cred by pretending you played the old games so you magically have a good opinion.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 747x747) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 747x747
>>339051841
Yes anon, because I love D44M it means I'm merely pretending to have played the old Dooms, why I started playing video games on the Xbox 360 :^)
>>
>>339051983
I bet if you keep replying you'll eventually convince someone. Grab some more reaction images off of Google while you're at it.
>>
>>339051203
>You should know better than to ask such questions here and now.
Elaborate.
>>
>>339052278
It's better to wait until the excitement has died down to ask about games because you'll likely get a more level-headed response (and have less marketers floating around in relevant cases).
>>
>>339048159
It's still faster than Doom 3. Also old Doom have auto-aim.
>>
>>339052504
>It's still faster than Doom 3
This means nothing to anyone with a brain as it is generally agreed that Doom 3 was a shit Doom game.
>>
>>339052601
Yet people are actually saying it's better than 4 for some asinine reason. It's just /v/ being fucking stupid and hating new Doom because it's new. They don't know what they want
>>
>>339042797
what? you don't see how it's an issue, and then you see how it's an issue

it's a pain in the ass for me to download 50 gigabytes of potentially shitty game. if I was a buyfag it would put me off too
>>
>>339052806
Well, it kind of is. While not a good Doom game, Doom 3 is definitely a superior FPS to 4. It does its own thing and does it well, an atmospheric FPS with good level design, while 4 attempts to emulate the old games but fails in level design, AI, and throws in trash like insta-kill animations to try to appeal to gamers who have only played shitty modern FPS. If I was specifically looking for a Doom game I'd be a retard to pick either one, but I'd definitely rather play an FPS that is good over an FPS that tries to be something popular and fails.
>>
>>339052601
Doom 3 was different. That doesn't mean it's a bad Doom game. Not every game sequel have to be a rehash gameplay-wise.
>>
>>339053242
>3
>Superior FPS to 4
Lol no
>>
>>339053391
It failed to deliver in all the aspects of what made Doom what it was. It's not like I'm saying it's a bad game. Read the post just above yourz.
>>
>>339048159
the original movement speed had quite slow acceleration, meaning that you generally weren't moving as quickly as you could (due to changing direction)

also, there was no jumping, which sucked

The gameplay design itself in DOOM doesn't always lend itself to fast movement - people confuse it with UT, quake, Serious Sam etc, which required a lot of movement.
DooM 1, 2, final and 64 are all about room-to-room experiences, with monsters waiting for you in preset positions to attack. If you get low on health, you can just run off to a cleared area and take it cautious.

DooM 4 forces you to keep fighting, with respawning monsters and closed off exits, with nowhere to hide, forcing you to keep moving

DooM was good because it had good map design that are fun to explore.
DooM 4 is good because it has fast paced hectic arena combat
>>
>>339053394
Surely your employers pay you to put in a little more effort than that.
>>
>>339053592
>The gameplay design itself in DOOM doesn't always lend itself to fast movement
If you like getting shot, sure.
>>
>>339053638
Doom 3 was a shitty atmospheric shooter that wasn't scary at all. Not only that but weapons were I satisfying, gameplay was shit, and some idiot had the bright idea to make your camera go apeshit every time you get hit, effectively fucking up a lot of your shots. It's trash and frankly it's amazing that you would suggest it's better than 4
>>
>>339054058
There you go. Bring home that mad marketing money.
>>
File: 1392062714836.jpg (44 KB, 663x550) Image search: [Google]
1392062714836.jpg
44 KB, 663x550
It's alright.
I got through it in 9 hours or so, not 80 canadian fun bux worth, though.

Multiplayer is garbage.
>>
>Allocating disk space for DOOM...
Oh boy, can't wait to play it so I can get a refund.
>>
>>339040926
Not OP, I wasn't going to buy the game and now I am.
>>
>>339040194
I loved it, until last night.

The single player is great, fantastic even. But the multiplayer is really fun (if you are good and like showing off to no one) until you play a few daysafter getting the static rifle. I just felt like I was done with multiplayer after that.
I level up every match, earn some shitty armours and repeat, so I moved on to snapmap, made a map, will probably publish it soon, and I'm bored of it.
>>
>>339050951
Time consuming because you are more likely to venture out instead of follow the bread crumbs. Not tedious time consuming. And auto-map is always there, compass with markers that tell you what direction Togo is shit. And enemies flashing orange and blue like they are at the club is even more retarded.

There is a big difference between looking over a map and having a compass guide you while driving
>>
>>339053189
I dl 50Gb in less than 20 minutes, sorry about your connection
>>
>>339054143

I came into this thread just to call you a faggot.

"Somebody has a differing opinion than me so t-they must be a s-shill!"

That's what you sound like. Faggot.
>>
>>339041017
>modern metal music is shit compared to classic metal music

>>339041270
>but I really don't try to compare the two

They really aren't comparable, classic metal is about the melodies and capture of emotion using good song structure.
This new age of metal is about conflicting poly-rythms, being integrated into one another to create multiple feelings whilst exploring subtle tone changes and engineering techniques to create a unique timbre in something that we recognise.

It's too bad that the majority of djent artists make djent because fuck yeah djent breakdowns djent.
I think with Mick Gordon's work on other styles, it's easy to assume that he enjoys working on tone over djent trends because, using DOOM as an example, he has some crazy processing ideas on both the bass tracks and guitar tracks.

I recommend music enthusiasts to check out his instagram, he posts many videos of him just figuring out new tones and patching ridiculous amounts of plugins to create new tones.
>>
File: cockodemon.jpg (66 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
cockodemon.jpg
66 KB, 467x700
>>339057121
>>339057121
>>339057121
>>
>>339057416
I don't think having a good internet connection means the developers bringing these massive filesizes out is ok. for 50 gigs it doesn't really look better or have more content than a 5 gig game. you being ok with it just because you have fast internet seems kind of dumb imo
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.