[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't Bethesda into world building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 238x293
Why is it that-- 200 years since the Great War fucked shit up-- people are still living in the ruins of the old world and shitty shack towns made of salvaged corrugated metal?

Why haven't people made nice looking settlements from the abundant woodland or mined up some stones to build some houses? They did it in Fallout 1 and 2 and that was like 80 years after the bombs fell.

Why don't people keep their shops and homes tidy? Most the people in cities and larger settlements have been there for generations and have gotten past mere survival, but their houses still look like shitty ruins full of broken TVs.

Why are the minutemen portrayed as hardcore survivors when their saviour is some prewar vault dweller who has spent like three days in the new world?
>>
When you have people like Pete Hines as your writing director, your game is completely fucking ruined.
>>
File: 1406248015414s.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1406248015414s.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
some "fans" just need to shut the fuck up and enjoy the fucking game
>>
>>339020514
But there's literally nothing to enjoy
There's no redeeming aspect of this steaming turd
>>
File: pete hines.png (2 MB, 1242x2943) Image search: [Google]
pete hines.png
2 MB, 1242x2943
>>339020467
>>
>>339020514
Sorry that some people want to play RPGs with worlds that actual thought went into.
>>
>>339020553
I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope some day you can learn to enjoy video games again.
>>
>>339020616
This still upsets me.
>>
What San Francisco was still rubble because of the earthquake 110 years ago?
>>
>>339020514
This.

BTW I am now a #cruzmissile
>>
>>339020616
why are they so fucking butthurt about one microscopic inconsistancy? LOL just enjoy the game and be happy that companies like Bethesda are making incredible games for you to play
>>
>>339020883
The problem is gaming isn't a hobby anymore to a lot of people, it's a fucking lifestyle. They need to stop taking this shit so seriously.

the "Gaming community" is fucking cancer that can't be fucking satisfied with ANYTHING.
>>
File: retard.jpg (84 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
84 KB, 450x577
>>339020467
>>
>>339020616
>conflating world building with realism

I fucking hate this shit.

Talking mutants and ghouls doesn't justify inconsistent lore.
>>
>>339020313
Because not even nukes can fix laziness.
>>
Because Bethesda is lazy as fuck and they noticed that pandering to kids and manchildren who just want to dick around in an open world makes more money than actually putting effort into writing.
>>
>>339020883
youre gonna have to adjust your falseflag recipe a tad. not quite there.

and op i feel ya. were you also autistically assblasted about the messiness of EVERY FUCKING HOME, EVEN OF THE GODDAMN "RICH"? Jesus fuck. i hated that shit in fallout 3 and unfortunately it carries completely over. upper tier elite still sleeping on fucking mattresses and then waking up to tell you off in their posh accent that shouldnt even still be around.

god. fallout 4 made me nauseous at virtually every other turn. i dont know what they were exactly selling. at least the musics great.
>>
>>339020883
On one hand, I agree. The guy is going full autist about it and it really is just a tiny inconsistency. It's not a big deal.

On the other hand I'm autistic about my lore and these tiny things bother me.
>>
>>339021076
Considering even fallout 1 has society beginning to rebuild and some fairly legitimate towns set up its just surprising to see it regress since then. Honestly I get what Beth was going for, with the bombs going off at the intro they wanted you to see Boston decimated, but if that were the case they should have set the game earlier in the timeline.
>>
File: 1443381985402.jpg (59 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1443381985402.jpg
59 KB, 800x800
>yfw pipe weapons

i dont even. what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (103 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
103 KB, 500x715
>>339020883

Probably because Pete Hines is a massive jackass. The guy may be an autist for picking this one detail out, but it IS an inconsistency and the fucking dev being a child and saying that shitty world building is somehow related to realism is retarded.
>>
>>339021189
agreed, but then people would complain about how such strange monsters appeared in such a short time. And then there would be charts explaining evolution links...
>>
>Fallout 4 is so shit that even Gopher is going back to New Vegas
https://youtu.be/NB7AQBfZ78M
>>
>>339020514
>>339020883
>>339020938
>lol, I'm okay with mediocre everything as long as I get to decapitate doods with my gatling lazer!
>lol, just shut off your brain and enjoy the mindless fun!
>lol, they're not bugs! they're features!
>lol, just fix it with mods!
>>
>>339020313
>>339020514
Well ,the game was enjoyable to me, but i am casual, played only New Vegas and F4.
But fans of the series have right to be pissed off if even I am bothered by shits like OP says or pointless dialogue options. The game is just nice sandbox. 8/10 for casuals, 6/10 for fans.
>>
>>339020650
I hope that one day you stop having the mind of a 12 year old with a mental disability that finds trash like Fallout 4 fun.
>>
>>339020313

There are houses right now in real life with people living in them that are in a worse condition than the ones in Fallout 4.
>>
>>339020514
>>339020650
>if you don't like it, don't criticize it!
Mumbling retard. Also, this board is for videogames and the discussion. If you want to blindly circlejerk about Fallout then go to its subreddit, it's only cirlejerking anyway.
>>
File: 1463910258236.png (93 KB, 359x254) Image search: [Google]
1463910258236.png
93 KB, 359x254
>>339020883
>Bethesda
>games for you
TOP KEK m8, pick one
>Gibe moni
>rest of the game content comes with paid dlc,
>Why care if community will fix our shit with mods lol

Why would they bother to make game working fine if fanboys will do it for them
>>
>>339021351
they already have a its fucking magic hand waving with the radiation and the vaults being experiments, you could still easily have ghouls and mutants in a game that takes places earlier. ironically pipe weapons would make more sense earlier in the timeline. even funnier is if it took place earlier they could just make the whole game in a sewer, if one company loves sewer levels its beth.
>>
>>339020938
Bait? I can't tell anymore.

Sure, some make gaming as a lifestyle. But it this particular case it simply does not matter.
Fallout is an established RPG series, people have expectations, they can't just take it all and trow out of the window.
Wait, they can, because people gobble it up regardless.
Well fuck, can't wait for a new fully voiced elder scrolls with dad protagonist, because we need that drama tension, where the stakes are high, right? And what is more important than a baby? I'm sorry, but fucking normies reeeeee
>>
>>339021351
Most creatures from fallout originate as pre-war FEV experiments / bioweapons
>>
>>339020313
>Concord houses still in good condition
>Nobody lives in them
yeah i feel u op
>>
>>339021714
Next Elder Scrolls is going to suck cock so fucking hard, jesus christ
>>
>>339021714
It might surprise you to know this but the /v/ hivemind is actually in the extreme minority about Fallout 4.

To answer your question, yes and no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZjDFfEgfJ8
Read the comments.
>>
File: 1463473831918.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463473831918.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>Fallout 4 is the most sold fallout game
>one of the most played games of steam constantly
All of this salt is fucking delicious. Keep being ass blasted, it's still the best Fallout game.
>>
>>339021881
To the person who reposted youtube comments in this thread: why?

Was it just the OP bumping his own thread with that falseflag shit?

Why do people do this?
>>
>>339021881
I got memed on, I see. Point still stands.

And how many people felt emotional connection the the fallout 4 "MUH SON"?
I really couldn't get into it, but shitty dialogue was forcing me anyway
>>
>>339020313

Yea, this really bugged me too. They could have hashed out through quests you learning to survive in the post-apocalyptic wild and the culture shock coming from a domestic pre-war civilization. At least they explained that the husband fought in the war so he had decent survival experience, but if you played female like I did, she's just some mother/housewife being tasked to kill a deathclaw at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>339021714
>Well fuck, can't wait for a new fully voiced elder scrolls with dad protagonist

>you play a city guard or wife of city guard who left her job at the imperial law firm to raise your new baby
>greybeard tracks you down and knock on your front door
>hello sir or madam have you heard of the greybeards??
>dragon attacks and destroys the town and you hide in draugr cave with your wife and child
>mystery man shows up and kills your wife, freezes you with ice thu'm and steals your baby because DUN DUN DUN he's the next dragonborn
>wake up 30 years later
>game begins

it writes itself.
>>
>>339021913
Seeing so many Bethesda fans on /v/ lately I'm wondering it it's a lot of baiters or not at this point
>>
>>339022180
I usually play female characters given a choice, and I hated the fact that she was made a cocksleeve without any say in it.
>>
Fallout 4 is shit because you can't holster your gun

It's something I'd expect to see in a fucking alpha or an Indie game.

Supposedly it was removed because sometimes guns can clip through armor but that's something that should be IMPROVED in a sequel, not removed ENTIRELY

Honestly. Guns dissapearing into midair is MUCH worse than the occasional minor clipping.
>>
>>339020467
He's not the writing director, though. That's Pagliarulo.
>>
>>339022280

its safe to assume they're just kids. its getting disgusting honestly. between dick sucking bethesda posters and faggots STILL riding that Blizzard cock its getting really tiring.
>>
>>339022382
Probably just because it's summer come to think of it. And yes it'll be nice to see fewer Overwatch waifu threads.
>>
>>339022348
they also shat on combat mechanics entirely so I don't weep for holsters like you, too little too late
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 187x269
>>339021076
I always get the feeling that Bethesda doesn't quite "get" the Fallout series.

The first two games (and New Vegas) used the Great War as a jumping off point to explore interesting new societies, governments, clans and empires that would arise from the ashes of the old world.

By comparison Bethesda's two attempts at the Fallout universe won't stop bringing up the nuclear war.

Fallout 3 felt like it was set five minutes after the war, not 200 years. Society was still fucked and the only settlement that had actually been built surrounded a fucking nuclear bomb that was worshipped by a cult that loved nukes.

Fallout 4 does this to a lesser extent, but almost every Ghoul and robot talk about the War like it happened yesterday.

It doesn't help that the main character comes from before the war, which irked me because it demystified prewar life, which always felt like it was taking on some kind of mythological aspect, like in A Canticle For Leibowitz.

By most accounts I kind of assumed that by the last days of prewar life, people would be begging for it to end, being stomped on by a totalitarian government that executes dissidents and running out of food whilst being unable to fuel or heat your homes as churches began to accurately predict the end of days. When you actually play the prewar segment it's basically a perfect life, other than a throwaway line in the intro.

Why the fuck a serving member of the military didn't have the foresight to consider Vault Tec is beyond me.
>>
File: bethfans.jpg (436 KB, 808x714) Image search: [Google]
bethfans.jpg
436 KB, 808x714
>>339021881
jebus
>>
>>339022348
But GUNS ARE COOL, why would you want to holster one? What is wrong with you? Are you not enjoying the game benevolent Bethesda may they be blessed for a thousand years made for you? Now go save that son you care so much about! Go!
>>
>>339021881
>inside gaming is still a thing

is this 2008?
>>
>>339020313
Because they're incapable of giving you the feeling it's a post-apocalyptic world without everything looking like decrepit garbage.
>>
>>339022517
Don't worry about those little things, you have a MISSING SON!
>>
>>339022523
>You think you do, but you dont
>>
>>339022478
>>339022550
You'd think with the increase in weapon customization they'd want people to show off their guns on their back

But nope, lazy as fuck Bethesda

It also makes planning attacks insanely difficult. You don't know what weapon ANYONE has until they spot you and pull it out.

Not to mention it's immersion breaking as fuck. Probably one of the worst cases of "Modders will do it for us eventually" that I've ever seen.
>>
>>339022517
>When you actually play the prewar segment it's basically a perfect life, other than a throwaway line in the intro.
This pissed me off to no end, especially since Bethesda got this shit partly right with the whole New Plague subplot in Point Lookout. Come Fallout 4, you're living in this absolutely idyllic planned community and everything else seems fairly fine throughout the world. Despite the riot in the intro, you don't see anything, not even terminal entries, about that kind of shit happening anywhere else. Danse mentions corrupt corporations, but that doesn't go anywhere and the BoS turn into massive hypocrites by the end of the game. You can't even call them out on it.
>>
>>339022523
Bethfaggots have been like this since Skyrim.

I was discussing a few weeks after release why there should be at least basic matchlock handguns in Skyrim as it's set centuries after Oblivion and technology made leaps and bounds between Morrowind and that. The response I got was "If you want guns go play Call of Duty".
>>
>tfw you realise that vertibirds are just modified Skyrim dragons that you can sit in
>>
>>339022280
I'm not a bethesda fan but fallout 4 is their most competent release from their main dev team since morrowind
it might be a stain on the franchise it's a part of (not as big of a stain as fallout 3) but as a standalone thing it's a much less flawed game than fallout 3; skyrim or oblivion. All of it's flaws are in the lack of RPG elements; all of the flaws of those games are in the shoddily put together RPG elements
>>
>>339022656
Yeah they should have made it the institute interaction better.
>as you do more stuff and help more people the institute notices
>people better off and can protect themselves against synths and institute agendas
>they send Kellogg to end you
>you kill him
>get offered the job
Find some other bullshit for making synths. I just hate how this game never really penalizes you for decisions, there don't seem to be any wrong choices.
>>
>>339022706
Want to holster your weapon? Sure goyim, get a mod for it :^]

What's that? You want to do it without having your achievements disabled? Too fucking bad, if you don't like our masterpiece the way WE made it, you're not allowed to get those!
>>
>>339022753
What is the subplot New Plague?

I have to say another thing, a pet peeve about Bethesda's Fallout, is that Vault Boy is EVERYWHERE for no good reason. Nuka Cola is EVERYWHERE. Everything is in that theme and there's never anything new. The same brands are ALWAYS present. At least in New Vegas we got one regional competitor, Sunset Sasparilla.
>>
File: 1462962728255.gif (420 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462962728255.gif
420 KB, 500x500
you now manually realize our modern world is merely 300 years old

200 is more than enough to get your shit together with our current knowledge
>>
So ask you all superior intellectuals if the world in Fallout 4 is "wrong" then how exactly was it supposed to be?
If you're going to say "like New Vegas" you should realize it was intentionally set in a frontier area so it could be a post-apocalyptic setting. Not in the center of the NCR where things would have gotten boring.
>>
>>339022868
>guns in elder scrolls

No, you're retarded. There's nothing saying that the societies have to evolve the same way they did in our world. They don't have to follow the same technological path. Especially when you consider how magic is a thing.

Anyways. Between morrowind and oblivion, tech got LESS advanced, if anything
>>
>>339022478
>Gun users can now stunlock melee fighters and bash faster than melee weapons swing

I made the fatal mistake of trying my usual non-ranged first playthrough and gave up by the 20th time I got stun locked and shot to death.
>>
>>339022931
Granted, it plays better but it's such a bad RPG and takes 20 steps back on most things other than combat.
>>
File: 1463719494288.png (560 KB, 1319x1941) Image search: [Google]
1463719494288.png
560 KB, 1319x1941
>>339022868

>technological progress
>Elder scrolls
>>
>>339023076
Because 200 years after a nuclear bomb people shouldn't still be living in dirty, rubble filled shacks with skeletons outside. Especially with the abundance of bricks everywhere in Boston.

And it's not like the area was only recently settled or something, they've just been living that way for centuries I guess? It makes no fucking sense. Why couldn't they just set it 80 years after the bombs like fallout 1
>>
>>339023123
sure
quit judging it on an RPG metric
judge it as you would a GTA-esque sandbox
>>
>>339023076
They casualized it by removing core RPG features. This allows more players to get into the game because there is less of a learning curve and less time invested required.
>>
>>339022868
What even makes you think that Gunpowder exists in tamriel? I don't just mean that someone hasn't discovered it yet, I mean maybe the substances it's comprised of literally don't exist in this fantasy world.

The dwemer were the most technologically advanced race, harnessing magic, steam, oil, gearworks, etc. And they used crossbows.
>>
File: pepe with an ak.png (89 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
pepe with an ak.png
89 KB, 500x216
>>339021329
and how about that """"""""""assault rifle"""""""""""" post yfw assault rifle.
>>
>>339023076
>Set outside of a large nation or empire
>huge map
>many different societies with inspiration from pre 21st century history that have developed past an apocalyptic state and have their own architecture, technologies and ways of fighting war
>raiders and prewar tech still in abundance to represent groups that either lack the means to produce weaponry, got hold of more advanced prewar stuff or got exiled from their own society
>large nations and empires exist as encroaching forces in the region
>>
File: peter hines cameo.png (417 KB, 454x754) Image search: [Google]
peter hines cameo.png
417 KB, 454x754
>>339020952
Superior version.
>>
File: 1267867543212.png (217 KB, 855x483) Image search: [Google]
1267867543212.png
217 KB, 855x483
>>339022523
That fucking comment about "gamers don`t know what they want" assumes that developers do know.
Of course they do, they know how to make money, how to appeal to as much audience as possible.
That's why we have retarded dialogue wheel, voiced protagonist, and family based plot. Because there are far more "normies" than fallout fans so in the end there will be more money too, proving their strategy right and enabling them to do more of the same.
I can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls announcement, that would be a next level of shitty
>>
>>339023335
But Bethesda calls it an RPG

In that context, it's a really fucking bad game.

>>339023383
Even the casuals thought it was too simple this time. Skyrim was "deep and awesome" for them. They want mechanics similar to skyrim
>>
>>339023263
Maybe you haven't noticed but the Boston area isn't exactly the most peaceful place.
There was an actual recent war in the area, and you have raiders, and general lawlessness and hostile fauna.
Maybe you guys should pay attention to the game before commenting.
>>
File: 1459164087302.png (97 KB, 191x354) Image search: [Google]
1459164087302.png
97 KB, 191x354
>>339023461
>tfw no companion wheel
>>
>>339021329
They didn't care about world building or how pieces of the game would add up logically. They were guided by one 'theme' and that was 'apocalyptic.' Anything that fell under that umbrella was considered. Which is likely why all the interiors are dirty as fuck. They took concept art and asked themselves if it was 'apocalyptic,' and then refined from there.
>>
>>339023482
>But Bethesda calls it an RPG
Bethesda are known to be dumb
Are you saying you listen to and trust the word of dumb people?
>>
>>339020650
>if you didn´t enjoy this you don´t enjoy anything
Of course it is impossible that a generally positive person would dilike a pearl of marvels and quality such as fallout4 or 3, or anything by bethesda from the last decade.
>>
>>339020313

Why do people have accents still? Like the fucking bingbong fishers you help in Far Harbor? Why the fuck do they sound like fresh tourists?

Would accents boil out 200 years after an apocalypse?
>>
>>339022931
>looked like an Xbox 360 launch exclusive
>ran like shit on everything
>took decades to load
>still has to load when you walk into small huts
>enemies would clip into walls and still be able to harm you
>no weapon holstering

Regardless of your opinion of the gameplay and lore, Bethesda haven't advanced at all and have even regressed in a number of ways.
>>
>>339023491
Two
Hundred
Years

That's not enough time for someone to move a skeleton away from their house, patch the holes in their walls, or remove the rubble from inside of their own home?
>>
>>339020313
I never played F4 (and don't intend to do so, because I played 3 and hated it):
But one thing that struck me as really funny was that the plot in 3 was all about the water purifier and now in 4 it seems you can just built one from scraps for your settlement.
>>
>>339020514
If the game was better they would enjoy it.
>>
>>339023491
It was like that in 3 too.

>>339023737
It's like as if everyone who knew how to do things died out. That's not how it'd be after an apocalypse, even. There'd be tons of educated people. Just think of how manyeducated people there are around your fucking neighborhood, and how many of those are handy with plants, repairs, mechanics and whatever else.
>>
>>339021457
The truth. Need more review "types" rather than one score for them all.
>>
>>339023482
Draugr hunter 4 was meh, I wish magic was better. I just missed being able to do cool shit based off SPECIAL or taking drugs to pass checks. Then having skill checks for things was cool. I hate how skills and special are just together now
>>
>>339023439
>>Set outside of a large nation or empire

Checked

>>huge map

It's relatively large. Almost the size of Skyrim and much bigger than New Vegas and Fo3

>>many different societies with inspiration from pre 21st century history that have developed past an apocalyptic state and have their own architecture, technologies and ways of fighting war

The Institute, the Brotherhood of Steel, the minuteman. But yes, they could have invented more things

>>raiders and prewar tech still in abundance to represent groups that either lack the means to produce weaponry, got hold of more advanced prewar stuff or got exiled from their own society

The raiders do use some pre-war weapons, and power armor.

>>large nations and empires exist as encroaching forces in the region

This could have been good.

>>339023579
You do realize people with foreign accents existed in the original games, right? I mean you should know because you actually played them?
>>
>>339023737
I don't think many people understand the actual weight of 2 centuries. I was an architecture major and early on we did an exercise where we reimagined our favorite cities several hundred years into the future. Several students including myself failed because we didn't change enough. Only added a couple high rises and bridges and maybe pulled in the water level, things considered to happen within a couple decades, actually.

Yeah 200 years is a lot of fucking time and you'd have to be bullshitting to think people still living like sewer rats in americanized favelas makes sense.
>>
>>339020952

This is unedited right? His face.

If not he has to have the most punchable face I've ever seen. His smile looks like he's caught in a wind tunnel.
>>
File: a31.jpg (17 KB, 176x171) Image search: [Google]
a31.jpg
17 KB, 176x171
>We will never have Obsidian as developers again
>>
>>339023826
>you have to be educated to know that having broken glass by your bed is a bad idea

Fallout is the most creative alternate history themed work of fiction ever created.
>>
>>339023553
If they are dumb and therefore not trustworthy, why do people still buy their shit?
There has to be at least a third or even fourth aspect to this; I nominate "lying" and "pretension". Also "primarily catering to the ignorant".
#falloutstartedwith3

>>339023579
>Would accents boil out 200 years after an apocalypse?

Accents can persist in such small communities as a single family, immigrant children that learned the language of the country flawlessly would still hear the accent every day at home, and decide to use it.
>>
>>339020938
Dude books and movies get judged heavily based on consistency with their respective universes. Games deserve the same treatment.

And is it so bad to actually want a believable world that you can actually get lost in without being broken from the immersion every 10 minutes?
>>
>>339023986
>you have to be educated to know that sleeping next to rotting corpses is a bad idea
lol drug addicts xDD

Did the fucking germ theory die out for random raiders? What is a raider in Betehsda's Fallout? They're just le bad guy drug addicts.
>>
File: 1432341000618.jpg (386 KB, 835x1200) Image search: [Google]
1432341000618.jpg
386 KB, 835x1200
>>339020883
>video gaming exceeded the movie industry
>video gaming has becoming more and more cinematic in its narrative
>hurr durr good writing doesn't matter in vidya

and this is why people pirate your shit
>>
>>339022523
I love how you're not a "true fan" unless you're hopping on that bethdick all day and never actually giving valid criticism or you know... looking at anything through a logical/critical lense and instead just accept whatever horsecock they thrust into your mouth.
>>
>>339020883
this sets a bad precedent. Each time he ignores something small, it ramps up and he'll eventually ignore something big
>>
>>339024115
At least the raiders in new Vegas made some fucking sense

They were tribals living around new Vegas who got fucked up with crazy drugs and went to the outskirts. It was a very recent thing.

Unlike the raiders in fallout 4, fuck knows what they've been raiding for hundreds of years.
>>
>>339024260
Binary world view: There are only fans and hater.
Critics are automatically hater and therefore their arguments are invalid.
Don't tell me that never happened to you before:
>you: This makes no sense because of X
>strawman: you just hate it!
>dogpiling on you or the strawman occurs
>>
>>339020952
>I wish I could walk away

I do think it would be cool to get the drop on someone by launching an attack mid sentence or to be a rude cunt who cuts people off and tells them to shut up because they can't be bothered to listen to their shit.

However, the character you're interacting with should at least react in some way to the fact they're talking to you and you've just wordlessly turned your back to start looking around the rest of their house.
>>
File: My Fucking Faggot Pete.png (361 KB, 654x560) Image search: [Google]
My Fucking Faggot Pete.png
361 KB, 654x560
>>339023928
what did the right representation of 200 years look like?
--------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5IzHhAdi4
^
Tim Cain @GDC
>>
>>339023928
There's places around the world that stagnated for even more centuries.
You're example is absurd because it wasn't set in a post-WW3 scenario with mutants running around.
I'm starting to think you guys don't like the world of Fo4 because it doesn't paint a very flattering picture of American as super intelligent civilization.
>>
>>339021115
>>339020883
I think the problem is that it would have been EXTREMELY easy for them to fix this. All they had to do was change the dialogue to be any other drug. It's the fact that they didn't do anything to fix something that takes a few seconds at best.

If you're that lazy of a developer then what does that say about the rest of your game

>Looks at recent bethesda games sheer amount of bugs and lazy combat animations...
>>
>>339023069
yeah but modern society didn't start in the radioactive ashes OF THE ENTIRE WORLD.

how long does it take for the FALLOUT to reach livable levels with the amount of bombs dropped?
>>
>>339024529
>I'm starting to think you guys don't like the world of Fo4 because it doesn't paint a very flattering picture of American as super intelligent civilization.
My friend, if you were trying to be funny, good job. If you are actually a foreigner thinking I am some american nationalist gamer, then please do away with that thought. It's absurd and will likely hinder your experience on the internet.
>>
FO4 is inexcusable to me because if you play a female character it literally breaks the entire plot of the game.

gg bethshit
>>
>>339022348
Wait what

You cant holster your gun?

What the fuck
>>
>>339024734
How so?
>>
>>339024404
Fallout 3 tasks you with raiding a 200+ year old supermarket for food which is full of raiders who are jealously hoarding the food in there so I guess their motive is searching the wastelands for the incredibly slim chance of finding some gone off food that's turned to dust instead of raiding farming settlements.
>>
>>339023679
That's the thing that pissed me off.

This game looks worse than last gens GoW.

That came out in 2006. 2006!

And the game still runs like dogshit.
>>
>>339024784
female character is always a lawyer. They wanted to preserve one of the parents because "superior genetics", but only the soldier dad has the superior genetics. So why the fuck would they keep the mom? When you confront ShAAAAUN at the end and play as a male character you can ask about your wife in detail, but you cannot do that as a female. There will just be no option.

It was obvious that this game was meant to be played solely with a male player character, but after the game was leaked and it was discovered they were planning to not have the gender option people threw a fucking shitfit and I guess Bethesda just included it as last minute as they could so people wouldn't rage forever.
>>
>>339024778
You can "holster it"

Which means it teleports out of your hands and dissapears

You can't have them on your hip or back any longer.

Can't wait for elder scrolls 6, where my character will shove an entire battle-axe in his pocket instead of onto his back.
>>
>>339024529
>You're example is absurd because it wasn't set in a post-WW3 scenario with mutants running around.
I was just offering the idea that the passage of time must be apparent in environmental design. Some places stagnate, of course. Some places become highly developed. Some places just remain the same and just swap out generations of people. But in all cases in the real world there will be explanations and clues in the world itself that point to how time passed and why (what factors? are they not close to important trade routes? was there a disease that was never cured?), which you can figure out yourself through investigation...

But I think I am crossing a line and since we are talking about a video game world that has to be developed, standards (if there are any) must be somewhat lax. But things that exist have to make sense in the end. If it's laziness it's laziness.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs
>>
>>339022517
If it weren't for their shitty bugs, Obsidian would be god tiered RPG makers. They're pretty good at world building. I love KOTOR 2 with a passion.

But god the bugs New Vegas had. I wonder if it wasn't because they were using Fallout 3 engine which was littered with problems from the outset.
>>
>>339024940
That's retarded. But I doubt it's them haphazardly putting in a female character.
>>
File: Todd, Live and In The Flesh.png (4 MB, 2560x2186) Image search: [Google]
Todd, Live and In The Flesh.png
4 MB, 2560x2186
>>339024778
your character does a sick bit of sleight of hand they learned in the military/law school and it disappears. buy my game.

>>339024940
Any sauce on this? Typical Bethesda incompetence sounds more likely with the missing dialogue.
>>
>>339024784
Not that Anon, but I assume it has something to do with the fact that somehow a Lawyer/Stay at home Mom has the ability to operate power armor with no training; is at least passable skill-wise with any weapon she can find; and is magically invited to become a General, Paladin, or Undercover operative with zero combat training.

At least with the male, you can assume he had to undergo some type of military training I suppose?
>>
Why do pipe guns exist?

Either someone who doesn't have a gun for some reason made one.

Or someone that already had a gun decided he needed something shittier.
>>
>>339024529
Diamond city has no excuse. They have security guards and impenetrable walls. The people in there must be extremely fucking lazy.

I understand why the rest of the wasteland is ruined, obviously that's not going to all be rebuilt, but places where people live have no excuse for looking like a garbage dump.
>>
>>339025013
I think it's because they overstretched what they could do in that little timeframe they had. They focused on creating this big and interesting world, and neglected a lot of things because of that.

I didn't mind in the end, I would rather play this buggy piece of shit for the rest of my life than touch FO4 ever again.
>>
>>339025013
They were also held back on time because of Bethesda.
>>
>>339024995
>1 hour

i did watch it all and i agree with most of what he says but its sad it takes an hour to get his opinion spoken
>>
>>339025089
I'm prepared to buy the weapon familiar wife. Power Armor doesn't need training, but American society and business is heavily militarized to the point where you can find guns in offices and schools. Everyone knowing some gun safety at the least makes sense to me.
>>
>>339024626
The radioactive fallout that causes rapid death has a pretty short decay rate. Within a few years it would be gone. Look at Hiroshima. 70% of the population was either blasted or died from radiation and 70 years later 1.4 million people live there.

Chernobyl is also livable (albeit with a shortened lifespan due to the additional long term radiation caused by a nuclear meltdown which wouldn't happen from a bomb dropping).

Basically, the world would be survivable and rebuildable almost instantly assuming anyone isn't caught in the immediate blast zone of the nukes.

The first postwar generation would probably have really short lifespans but after that it'd be fine.
>>
>>339021329
I personally like homemade guns but it's a bit strange that they're this abundant in the game
>>
>>339025080
Missing dialogue and the difference between the female and male player are talked about in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs

As for the leak, it was posted here ages ago before the game was even announced but it was EERILY close to what FO4 actually was. If I remember correctly it was a picture of an early draft of what the main plot was going to be, it was exclusively written to be a male character, referring to your wife and her death, etc. Some web magazines got wind of it and kicked up a fuzz and I am GUESSING that Bethesda found out it had been leaked and realised not letting people play a female character would be bad. When they revealed the game at ... their own conference I think they even specifically mention: "of course you can play as a female character", meaning that they have HAD to know of those rumours otherwise they wouldn't have said anything.
>>
>>339025267
He's an author, so he's very wordy. It's all good though.
>>
>>339024980
Being a guy that adores good lore it pisses me off so much whenever a developer do these asspulls. Dropping huge chunks of lore or doing asspull to make things happen, like it's not hard to make it work. Bethesda's just lazy but no, drop it all to make your own shit.
>>
>>339024626
Most of the exclusion zone of Chernobyl is liveable by now. The only places that can't be inhabited are like a mile out from the plant. Wildlife and plantlife have reclaimed the area, and there are small towns of workers and researchers who are working on containing the plant.

Literally wouldnt take anywhere near 200 years. Bethesda is retarded at writing. Easily shown by the fact the only one with coherent writing and consistency of the modern Fallouts is the one thats not actually made by Bethesda.
>>
>>339024502
When does he say this in the video?

I don't have time to watch the entire thing right now, but I'd like to hear what he says about it
>>
>>339020616
I'm on Pete's side with this one. I get why people would be pissed off at inconsistencies, but at a certain point what the fuck does it even matter
>>
>Mama Murphy

why
>>
>>339025107
Bethesda being lazy. How many guns and how many are pipe weapons?
>>
>>339025448
The video was just so I didn't have to make a second post. The line divided the message. Top for you, bottom just cause I wanted to post it.
>>
>>339025418
Nukes in fallout are different from real-life nukes. The plantlife and stuff was basically wiped out. New plants that feed on radiation were created. So they DO have an excuse for why the environment is a barren wasteland, however it does not excuse the shitty ugly messy human settlements.
>>
>>339025467
>but at a certain point what the fuck does it even matter
*burns library down*
I mean, we're all going to be stardust in a billion years, right?
>>
>>339025334
You would think that if people were capable of developing cyborgs that look, act and think like real humans, they would be able to manufacture weapons at a level past a few bits of rebar and a salvaged trigger.

Then again, it's not like the Fallout universe has ever portrayed a cottage industry that produces high quality firearms near the gates of New Vegas.
>>
>>339025505
Oh, I see. Thanks anyways, vid seems interesting. I wonder what he thinks of the newer fallouts.
>>
>>339025580
they weren't that different in fo1 and fo2....
>>
>>339025627
>a bunch of educated engineers making excellent guns in a workshop outside of Vegas
>entire institution that makes synthetic humans.
>synthetic fucking humans
>have shit guns
>>
>>339025580
But Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas depict agrarian life and sharecropping.
>>
File: Todd_a64000_5446678.jpg (28 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
Todd_a64000_5446678.jpg
28 KB, 500x303
>>339025673
>fo1 and fo2
That was just a transcription error.
>>
Don't worry about Fallout 4.

If Bethesda isn't completely fucking idiotic, they will let obsidian have a chance to create another fallout game with all the new fancy graphics and shit. There's a clear demand for it, and Bethesda LOVES money. Even for the normies, they'd all love another fallout.

What we all should be worried about is Elder scrolls. Oh god, I don't want them to make it even more dumbed down than skyrim. Please God.
>>
>>339025627
Very different groups of people are making synths and presumably making pipe weapons.
>>
File: 1459222731900.jpg (174 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1459222731900.jpg
174 KB, 600x800
>>339025467
Kid in a fridge for TWO HUNDRED FUCKING YEARS

THAT IS 73 THOUSAND DAYS

AND THAT IS 1 752 000 HOURS

I can't imagine spending an entire hour in a fridge, let alone NEARLY TWO MILLION

Jet is excusable but it's still lazy. They spend so much time on this shit and should have so much experience but no, they really just don't care and fans gobble it up like crazy. Thank fucking christ people are kinda waking up after 4.
>>
>>339025673
West coast wasn't hit as hard. East coast was described as basically one giant crater in 1&2, but as we can see it wasnt the case.

>>339025732
Yes, 1&2&new Vegas are still full of natural plant life. It's just desert plantlife, so its a natural wasteland. Along with some of the mutated plants, of course.

As for farms, that's one of my big problems with fallout 3. No fucking food growing anywhere. They tried a bit to solve this in 4, but it's still pretty weak.
>>
File: German Terrestrial Sorcery.jpg (143 KB, 921x1280) Image search: [Google]
German Terrestrial Sorcery.jpg
143 KB, 921x1280
>>339025713
>have shit guns
For this I will always maintain that institute weapons are not high damaging because they developed upon lines emphasizing a model that's easy to produce efficiently and with mostly plastic parts. Judging by Institute architecture and materials, it's a safe guess to image they've constructed their labs, homes, and weapons out of plastic meaning they must have found some source of plentiful petroleum to convert into plastics.

Since they're arming synths, they don't need to build the gun that kills anything in one shot, they're just making really advanced grease guns. Plenty lethal, but not the quality of a Thompson (which the standard laser rifle would be in this comparison).
>>
>>339025580
people are too busy fending off raiders and dodging the enclave to set up a proper machine shop, forge and microchip fabrication

maybe years of isolation and PTSD are causing the new humanity to be lazier for some reason.
>>
>>339026128
>raiders
maybe

>enclave
they weren't there for long enough to justify the lack of weapons production

I've accepted that Capital Wasteland weapons are from the Pitt and refurbished local stock.

If you're including Fallout 1 and 2, they had weapon shops.
>>
>>339026128
You don't need a machine shop, forge, or microchips to clean the rubble and skeletons from your home or patch your walls. Or, I don't know, use the fucktons of bricks lying around the ruins of Boston to construct a dwelling.
>>
>>339025283
Bethesda has previously established that power armor does need training; which is why you couldn't use it right off the bat in Fallout 3.

In fallout 2 you could use it as soon as you got to Navarro, but it's painfully obvious we're not playing a sequel to Fallout 1/2.
>>
>>339026095
Oh yeah. What the fuck was the deal with the Thompson being the standard SMG?

The Thompson was getting phased out at the end of World War 2. I have trouble believing that in Fallout's prewar society where military tech was focused on way more than social stuff and is set 61 years in our future, the military would still be using an SMG from 1921 alongside hovering robots and giant mechs with enough frequency that it would be the most common SMG in The Commonwealth.
>>
>>339026390
I know, bethesda realized they were retarded and effectively retconned that. Power armor is settled.

My point was the lawyer's weapon familiarity.
>>
One thing that annoys me is how ALL the companions will fuck you and they're ALL bisexual

That's just bad character writing tbqh.

Bethesda probably didn't want to trigger any SJW's with "REEE WHY WONT THIS CHARACTER SLEEP WITH ME, BETHESDA IS HOMOPHOBIC"
>>
>>339026128
>raiders
Questionable where they came from and how THEY survive.

>enclave
Literally the generic, go-to enemy at this point. Always the Enclave. And they were a west-coast problem, them even being in the east is recent and a retarded asspull from Bethesda.

Monsters being a problem is also absurd. It's like as if not a single person in Fallout knows how to make basic defences that doesn't involve a crapton of mines and 50 kilometers of string. Make a dike, make a moat and put stakes by a settlement if they are a problem.
>>
>>339026613
Probably isn't the 1920's model. Just uses a similar design?
>>
You know what pisses me off about Bethesda Fallouts?

BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL ARE GOOD BOIS, THEY DINDU NUFFIN.
>>
>in the original fallouts you are a fucking savage eating mud in your mudhut speaking creole
>commoners are more like medieval peasantry
>people shit on newer Fallouts saying that they should've just cleaned up the whole wasteland
>>
>>339026613
In my mind Thompsons were fazed out, but most were kept in storage and saw some limited deployment.

Fallout time really "stopped" in the mid 1950s judging by their being on the cusp of microprocessors and there should be plenty of "modern" assault weapons.

Further, the ones we see are raided from storage and spread. Why the lack of other guns? Bethesda.
>>
>>339026128
>living in a shitty village full of scrap
>decide to organize everyone and teach them how to shoot
>put people on guard in strategic positions
>whenever raiders attack everyone is ready
>optional choke points and traps on the way

Gee that was hard
>>
>>339026892
The original fallouts are set around 80 years after the bombs fall, just when the radiation is starting to go down in most places and people don't dwell in caves and shit to survive. Fuck, even in fallout 2, people were already creating farms and building new structures and producing firearms.

Fallout 3 and 4 are set over 200 years after the bombs. While it looks like the bombs dropped fucking yesterday.
>>
>>339025947
west coast wasnt hit by mary sue nukes
>>
>>339026892
>fallouts
fallout 2 unless you're including tactics for some reason

>creole
you speak english with much less warping than honest hearts tribes

>eating mud
you had agriculture

>medieval peasantry
who was tied to the land?
>>
>>339020514
dumb frogposter
>>
>>339027140
West coast was mainly fucked by chinese boats
>>
>>339027029
>all those settlements needed your help

At last I truely see
>>
>>339025591
Physical libraries still exist?
>>
>>339025738
Classic!
>>
>>339020514
>haha brodudes dont be NERDS amirite lmao xD
>>
>>339025947
>As for farms, that's one of my big problems with fallout 3. No fucking food growing anywhere. They tried a bit to solve this in 4, but it's still pretty weak.
Are you implying people can´t survive perfectly fine eating mud and bugs?
>>
>>339027265
Holy shit. Preston Gravy was a self critical commentary on Bethesda's world building regarding the difficulties of communities forming as often as they should in the interest of common defense and prosperity in Bethesda Fallout titles. The few megatons, rivet cities, and diamond cities are stark oddities in world with so many scattered individuals roaming about without planting roots and raiders pillaging unsustainably and beyond logic.

It's actually pottery guys.
>>
File: 1405138836493.png (136 KB, 247x253) Image search: [Google]
1405138836493.png
136 KB, 247x253
>try and change fov in .ini files
>doesn't work
>try and change in console
>seems to work
>pip-boy and weapons turn super small
This fucking engine.
>>
>>339027103
On the note of radiation, what kind of meme bombs did the Chinese use so that 80 years after the bombs fell most spots are inhabitable?
And how would any animal besides cockroaches survive?
>hurrdurr mutations
Yeah, evolution doesn't work so fast you shitlords.
>>
File: Fo1_Shady_Sands.jpg (3 MB, 4000x1292) Image search: [Google]
Fo1_Shady_Sands.jpg
3 MB, 4000x1292
>>339026892
Fallout 1, 80 years after the bombs fell. They made their how wall, they have water, crops, cattle and the whole place is cleaned up.
>>
>>339027770
Fallout isn't a narrative simulation of life post global atomic war, it's an extrapolation of fiction inspired by other works of fiction including 50s meme super science. In that world, yes, evolution spurred on by radiation does act like that and the bombs shown in Fallout 4 are probably wrong.

They were probably much smaller meme tactical nukes with reduced payloads the Chinese were firing.
>>
>>339027770
Chernobyl is basically inhabitable, and nuclear meltdowns are significantly more deadly and long-lasting (in terms of radiation) than bombs

It really wouldn't take very long after a fuckton of bombs for the surface to become inhabitable.
>>
>>339027839
Same city 84 years later. Green trees fucking everywhere, city inside the walls cleaned, have crops, cattle and water.
>>
File: 1440774042628.jpg (100 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
1440774042628.jpg
100 KB, 615x347
>>339027770
>people live in Hiroshima and Nagasaki
JUST
>>
>>339024173
the fuck is this
>>
>>339028015
and here we are a few decades after that. You'll never see it again obsidiots.
>>
>>339028015
>paved roads
>street lamps
>new buildings and walls
>trees, farms

Meanwhile, 100 years later in fallout 4, people live in ghetto shacks with a skeleton chilling in the other room

Fucking hell, Bethesda.
>>
>>339028051
>he doesn't get in intestine fights
4chan is 18 years or older kid
>>
>>339024778
you can but it goes invisible on your 3rd person view like in Morrowind instead of being on your back like in Oblivion
>>
>>339028008
So when Interplay makes and asspull it's okay but when Bethesda makes an asspull it's shit.
>>
>>339026791
that was only in 3. the brotherhood is more or less back on track.
>>
I thought the story someone had actually found was that the institute was keeping the wasteland in a "down state" of sorts.
>>
File: 1460616430739.jpg (188 KB, 624x336) Image search: [Google]
1460616430739.jpg
188 KB, 624x336
>Skyrim comes out
>Never played Oblivion or any other Elder Scrolls games
>Buy it
>Thoroughly enjoyed it, spent hours just exploring and getting lost in the world, was still pretty naive back then, and the only other games I really played were MMOs, shooters, and Pokemon
>Logged over a hundred hours into it, and when I got a PC to be able to mod it, I played it even more

>Played a little bit of Fallout 3, I think I got to the first town and got bored
>Bought New Vegas and didn't care for it, it also looked super ugly
>Buy Fallout 4 with the Pipboy Edition, back when I was buying a bunch of CE's
>Logged maybe 50 or so hours in
>All that time I didn't feel like I was enjoying myself, I had gotten spoiled on the story prior to the game's release, but I don't think that affected it
>It just feels incredibly clunky and not fun, and despite loving 50's era futuristic technology and Retro Futurism, the universe didn't draw me in one bit, and I was asking far too many questions, things like how it's 200 years later and everything is still shit and looks like shit
>>
>>339028382
They were creating and sending out super mutants, but it's never really explained why
>>
>>339028042
So you're comparing two experimental, comparatively small atom bombs made around 1945 when the whole atomic warfare was in its infancy to one of two superpowers on the brink of the worlds distruction more than a century later?
>>
>>339028347
Ass pull? It's the physics of the world you accept in outset of the series. In TES you accept that magick is a thing. In Metro you accept that you need a gas mask to go outside for extended periods. If these series' flaunt these rules, they've broken their internal logic and the entire thing can't be taken as seriously.

Here, learn something about Fallout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5IzHhAdi4
>>
>>339023972
all the good writers left obsidian anyway

there's no hope now
>>
>>339028347
because everything Obsidian does wrong is never Obsidian's fault, everybody knows that, it's a fact
>>
>>339028542
The Soviets and Murricans tested bombs with payloads thousands of times those of the 1945 bombs and those areas are pretty much habitable.
>>
>>339028469
I also think it has to do with things like this.

Think of how many "bad" groups and factions there are. In the commonwealth, there's almost no sort of "law enforcement" what-so-ever. The people with the power aka "bad guys" keep the commonwealth and it's people down so they can stay in charge.

Although I still completely agree 200 years is a bit fucking ridiculous to barely grow as a civilization. All the points in the OP still stand, they're a bit more specific but I'm thinking of a more overarching issue.

What I dislike the most is that all these people are so fucking content with their lives. I feel like there's very little depressing quests. I guess it's because for those people, the commonwealth the way it currently is is all they've known. They don't really know what life used to be like before the bombs fell, except for ghouls I suppose.
>>
File: ZS5J9BM.gif (429 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ZS5J9BM.gif
429 KB, 320x240
>>339020313
>why can't Bethesda into world building

its clear they know they cant make consistent worlds, thats why they included a settlement builder.
>>
>>339028698
You misspelled interplay and black isle. What does obsidian have to do with this?
>>
>>339028836
>the nuclear holocaust never happened
Sounds like the Fallout variation of /pol/.
So I guess Hiroshima is also a lie?
>>
>>339029053
>So I guess Hiroshima is also a lie?
Yes, but never forget Pearl Harbour!
>>
i do miss the todd posting
>>
>>339028143
I'd rather never see it again then get a Fallout 5 set in San Francisco. References to Shi, Hub and SanFran that they make in 4 scare me. At least continue with the East Coast and keep the lore-fucking contained.
>>
File: Nothing to see here.jpg (64 KB, 900x654) Image search: [Google]
Nothing to see here.jpg
64 KB, 900x654
>yfw Obsidian devs said in an interwiev that bethesda doesnt document their lore, but instead goes through wiki and sees if something might conflict with pre-established lore
>>
File: 1446266844547.jpg (43 KB, 264x396) Image search: [Google]
1446266844547.jpg
43 KB, 264x396
>>339029210
Which one of you losers said my name?
>>
>>339028919
Obsidian literally raised from the ashes of Interplay and Black Isle
>>
>>339029229
fuck San Fran

Get obsidian or InExile to make a fallout game in Seattle or Detroit

I wanna know what motor city would look like in the fallout universe
>>
>>339028652
You talk as if every single word spoken in the first Fallout is like a law of nature
>BoS were in the West!
>Enclave were a West Coast issue!
>there is a line going through post-apocalyptic USA and nobody can cross it because my precious Fallout
>how come The Master has to make a Fusion Dance to produce Supermutants and the East dummies just have to dump them!
>it cannot be in any way my autism is not allowing it
>>
>>339029308
>if I hire some of the guys who made x, that means my new company actually x
>>
>>339029282
AND THERE IS THE PROBLEM

RELYING ON THE FANBASE TO KEEP THE LORE IN CHECK IS RETARDED

FUCKING IDIOTS NEED TO GET A DEDICATED LORE NERD TO REVIEW QUESTLINES BEFORE THEY PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING GAME
>>
>>339029424
the 3 main lead producers of Black isle are the founders of obsidian

Go do some research before posting you fucknut
>>
>>339029431
Lmao its just a fucking game
>>
>>339029334
>Get obsidian or InExile

Never ever.

I'm sorry but after new Vegas it's clear that they are not interested in working with them ever again. They ignore New Vegas lore, have a large dispute regarding metascore bonus, AND critics reviews strengthen their belief that Vegas was "too talky" and "too boring".
>>
>>339026095
Did you know you can make plastic from plants?
>>
>>339029431
Fallout doesn't need lore, it's just wacky humor and aliens and 50's music and silly quests and killing mutants xD

Lmao it's like you've never played it before!!
>>
>>339029359
Obviously not. You're just describing a company desperate to ape series continuity yet on their own terms. I recognize and accept bethesda's east coast minstrel show in warneverchanges face.
>>
>>339029515
>LMAO ITS JUST A FUCKING SHITPOSTER

you are the reason why video games are never taken seriously as an art form
>>
>>339029282
Why would they even document their lore.
Codexfag would hate it no matter what.
Normals would ignore it no matter what.
>>
>>339029591
>you are the reason why video games are never taken seriously as an art form

8/10. Sneaky and made me reply.
>>
>>339029501
The greentext was just an example. You're welcome to look at the credits for Fallout 1 and 2. Show me obsidian. I'll wait.
>>
File: fuckface.jpg (535 KB, 2500x1041) Image search: [Google]
fuckface.jpg
535 KB, 2500x1041
>>339020952
>>339023458
He's got that same kind of punchability that Casey Hudson has.
>>
I still find it hilarious that people are still miffed that there is no power armour training in fallout 4, and it just goes to show exactly how many people only read the plot of the first two fallouts on a wiki or something since Power armour training was a Bethesda invention that was in fallout 3 and was not in the original fallouts
>>
>>339029549
You just described 70% of Fallout 2.
>>
File: 1457210172925.png (760 KB, 726x2498) Image search: [Google]
1457210172925.png
760 KB, 726x2498
>>339029424
>some guys

Yeah, literally who
>>
>>339020313
the moment you make something better for yourself you get raped by tribals/Fiends/raiders/whichever warlord is trying to make a name for himself

you do have a point though, it doesn't make sense and you are essentially right that it's pretty stupid and only in there for effect
>>
>>339029686
I have a love hate relationship with that game. It is a tone shift, but I kind of like it, no matter how much memeing there is.
>>
>>339029751
>>339029635
>>
File: 1415769074527.png (145 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1415769074527.png
145 KB, 500x313
Bethesda can do world building, as long as it's their own creation. (Ie, TES.)

Fallout was never their own creation. Hell, they more or less tried to make a TES game out of it, which really did not work out that well.
>>
Most people want generic post apoc visuals, not world building. Modern Bethesda fans are the lowest common denominator, they just want some shallow sandbox "fun".
>>
File: armed.jpg (52 KB, 428x383) Image search: [Google]
armed.jpg
52 KB, 428x383
Which is better, fallout 4 or RAGE?
>>
File: Todd's Design Doc.jpg (165 KB, 720x893) Image search: [Google]
Todd's Design Doc.jpg
165 KB, 720x893
>>
>>339029635
the cunt who made the engine for fallout 1&2, Tim Cain, was one of the founding members of obsidian

Chris avalone worked for black isle making Planescape: torment and was one of the founding memebers of obsidian

Feargus Urquhart is the head of Obsidian and was head of Black isle During the creation of Fallout

there are many References to each of them in fallout 1 & 2

i know im being baited by a teenager born after 2000 but i dont care, you are wrong, fuck you
>>
>>339020883
>incredible games
Sometimes I envy people with low standards. To be so easily captivated. But then I remember that I lived my childhood and Im a fucking adult now and I accept that part of my life is over.
>>
>>339029873
R.R Martin does the same thing.
>>
File: Fo2_Myron_Ending.png (137 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_Myron_Ending.png
137 KB, 640x480
>>339020883
>>339021337
Not to mention that the invention of jet was a pretty big deal in the second game. But who fucking cares about the characters in those old and ugly games, this game has mutants and shit so nothing matters
>>
>>339029904
I'm sorry you can't look at the development credits of Fallout 1 and 2 and accept that obsidian wasn't responsible for those games. Like I said, it was black isle.
>>
>>339029751
And Bethesda is never going to let them touch the series again

Ugggghhhhh
>>
>>339029995
I see you read the second paragraph too
>>
>>339025627
I just assume everyone on the east cost got some kind of retard version of FEV that only makes you stupid
>>
>>339029654
people are angry because power armor training was pretty much the only good thing to come from fallout 3
>>
>>339030078
yeah, thanks for noticing.
>>
>>339029836
No they cant. They hardly take advantage of their own lore with TES, making generic as fuck plots instead.
>>
>>339029904
>Tim Cain, was one of the founding members of obsidian
No he wasn't. He was a co-founder of Troika.
>>
>>339030039
>the people responsible for the original fallouts are not the same as the people who made it

how are you soo fucking retarded?
>>
>>339029774
>don't make a meme game unless I like it
This only shows that every opinion ITT is worthless. People keep shitting on games because they're salty or contrarians.
We should all just delete this thread and play vidya instead.
>>
What were fucking obsidian thinking, taking fallout to the west coast.linear fucking empty map. Plotline has nothing to do with the great war. Brotherhood of steel are somehow the bad guys.shitty cowboys VS Romans. President Eden ripoff in that tower. Boring vaults.

I hope Bethesda never lets them get their hands on fallout again, they clearly don't understand it
>>
>>339030207
That was never news to me, the original guy I was responding to was bitching about obsidian.

Black and Isle Interplay, the groups (including people who DONT WORK AT OBSIDIAN ANY LONGER) were the ones responsible. That is the most correct for him to target his criticisms or whatever he was saying.
>>
>>339025895
You forgot leap years anon. Its 1,753,200 hours
>>
>>339030273
you dont honestly think fallout 4 was better than New vegas do you?

fuck i need to get off this shithole of a website
>>
>>339030261
>don't make a meme game unless I like it

It's not that. Fallout 2 is full of popculture references and is a litlle more lighthearted then the original but the writing is still superb.

Especially entire Enclave plotline.
>>
>>339030273
ooooooh, grrr. you make me so mad! *raawr!*

you better be careful talking sh*t about my favorite vidyer
>>
File: julius.jpg (29 KB, 600x753) Image search: [Google]
julius.jpg
29 KB, 600x753
>>339030273
Please don't copy paste youtube comments.
>>
>>339030372
He's just baiting. Calm yo tits.
>>
>>339030353
>Black and Isle Interplay,
you know what i mean
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.