[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ywn go nucelar >ywn play through an edgy story where Big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: BB.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BB.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
>ywn go nucelar
>ywn play through an edgy story where Big Boss goes full Anakin due to his PTSD
>>
tfw i want to buy this when i get a ps4
tfw everyone says it is not dark, the boss doesn't become the boss of metal gear 1, it is a waste of money and no mgs story and lore..

it really can't be that bad is it? v just exaggerates the whole mgsv is bad because it went gta open world..
is it still possible for fans of mgs 1,2,3,pw still enjoy this or is it %100 likely to shit on it?

i am sperging...
>>
>>338416571
i am still in denial that this will be my forst ps4 buy and i will love it..
maybe i should get smething else with it too like mortal kombat x or bloodborn..
>>
>m-muh Big Boss
>m-muh I want to go nuclear waah
>>
>>338417059
An education for starters.
>>
>>338416571
I haven't played any other MGS other than 5 this is what I think.

Gameplay is pretty fun, initially I loved it and couldn't stop playing. I was doing all the side quests and collecting shit. I got pretty bored of doing the same areas over and over again due to the forced open world shit, but the gameplay is good.

Story is almost non-existant, it opens up with a bang and then nothing happens, I keep doing story missions and literally nothing is going on. I got bored of the repetitive missions and stopped playing. I'd say it's worth playing though cause it is fun, just the story is hardly mentioned aside from audio tapes and a few cutscenes here and there, and as a newcomer to the series I was expecting a lot more.
>>
File: NIGGERS intensifies.gif (192 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NIGGERS intensifies.gif
192 KB, 300x300
>>338416571
>not getting Pc version
>not playing as Kaz, putting niggers underground while Take on Me plays in the background
>>
>>338416571

If you think Far Cry 3/4 with more tactical options sounds fun you'll love it.

Replaying the missions in different ways is great and the difficulty is dynamic.

There are a few frustrating missions but ultimately it's my favorite Metal Gear.

Story sucks but even that has it's moments.
>>
>>338416571
Watch the trailers, pretend the game doesn't exist if you really cared about the way MGS 1, 2 and 3 have presented themselves. The game lacks polish to an extreme degree with completely botched audio segments and things like getting a tape explaining a characters death speech before the character actually dies.
>>
>>338416571
Just get it. It's pretty good.
/v/ is still butthurt over this game.
>>
>>338416571

I understand your position about listening to /v/, don't worry friend.

I consider myself a moderate when it comes to this game. I don't think it's a piece of shit, but it does have a lot of flaws.

The stealth gameplay is great. Took me 200 hours of it till I became exhausted of it, and I'm someone whose too lazy to experiment with all the crazy shit you can do.

The world is cool and only after about 150 hours did it stop feeling like an actual organic world of military bases and guard patrols.

The story, however, is pretty shitty. There are a few moments that are pretty grabbing, but they're few and far between. Most of the story is essentially the intros and outros to each mission.

'What we know about Cypher and what we're going to do to find out more.'

'What we now about Cypher and where it leads us next.'

That is literally 80% of the plot. Exposition for why you're doing the current mission.

The characters are very underused. Code Talker is just a plot device, Skull Face becomes very generic villain when he's actually onscreen (about four-six missions), Quiet is likeable but if you already know how it ends for her there's not much else to enjoy inregard to her storyline, Miller has a few amazing scenes but they're literally just some of the 10 great scenes, Ocelot is a non-entity etc.

Venom Snake is dull and, due to muh player avatar, doesn't have any real characterisation unless you REALLY overanaylise things on your part. When he does show personality, it's pretty cookie cutter gruff antisocial hero.

The pacing is all over the place and the game doesn't have anything interesting to say about its main themes (language and revenge, i guess). Its pretentious for MGS standards and yet is incredibly dull; it's not like MGS4 where despite the ideas being really simplistic, they were at least handled in an entertaining way.
>>
>>338418260

(cont.)

The story, despite approaching it with an open mind, left me just feeling empty. The story is just a doomsday device and evil man who need to be stopped. Then a few out of place emotional (depending on your taste) story elements that are left loose as the game finishes in the most anticlimatic way possible.

It's Kojima's greatest success in terms of fun, polished gameplay, but his worst writing. Although I doubt its the case hugely, I wouldn't be suprised if TPP was just seen by him as an opportunity to have fun with the Fox Engine.

So, at the end of the day, I would say the amount you enjoy the game depends on how much fun you'll have with a pretty awesome game engine. Other than that, there's nothing really for it.
>>
>>338418260
>>338418356
Yeah, basically all of this. For a MGS game, a series that's known for a convoluted yet comprehensible plot and cool characters, this game is just unforgivable. And I don't even want to talk about how retarded the "plot twist" is. It was just about the easiest God damn game to make in the series, it was practically already written and all Kojima had to do was bring it to fruition, but he got all fucky with it for some reason. And I hate how out of character Ocelot is. Fuck.
>>
>>338418940
What if I don't give a shit about the story in Metal Gear? It's always been retarded as fuck, especially in PW and 4.

I'm just glad the story wasn't the focus in this one.
>>
>>338419229

If your story expectations are low this is the perfect Metal Gear game.
>>
>>338418940

Yeah, this game literally fucked up my internal logic on how to review a text.

If judge as a standalone game on a generic scale (or even in comparison to stealth action games), I'd probably give it a 8/10 and even be less forgiving about the story.

But when taking into account all the meta shit (trailers, what it was promised to be vs what it was) and it existing within a well-defined story, I'd have to give it a 6/10.

Like what you said about the stroy practically already written;

MGS2's quality wasn't simply enhanced because its advertising lied about what it was going to be like/about.

MGS2's quality was enhanced because they lied about what the game was going to be like, and the actual game's differences mechanically and thematically worked to play with the player and raise interesting questions and ideas that resonated with the game's plot and main themes.

I think Kojima probably forgot the difference between those two things at some point while making TPP
>>
>>338419725
*more forgiving and well-defined series, fuck
>>
>/v/ wants COD instead of MGS
>/v/ wants their trap theories to be in the game
>/v/ wants to replace flawed story of the game with their own flawed story
>/v/ watches trailers over and over and then complains that it didn't get a movie
>>
>>338417285
>I haven't played any other MGS other than 5
Stopped reading there
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.