[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im currently playing the witcher 2 without having played the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: witcher 3.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
im currently playing the witcher 2 without having played the witcher 1. will playing the witcher 1 before playing 3 enhance my experience of 3?
>>
Read the books.
>>
>>338410947
what an incredibly autistic order to play these video games in
>>
The Witcher 2 is shit.
>>
>>338411729
Books are shit, don't read them unless you are 12.
>>
>>338412047
Not as shit as the first game.

Just read the books and play 3.
>>
Eh, you'll run into a couple of characters that you met in 1, and hear a few references.

1 is really good though, outside of the first two chapters, so I'd recommend playing it for it's own sake.
>>
File: 879.jpg (22 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
879.jpg
22 KB, 500x350
>>338412059
It's true, video games and Twitch streamers are the only source of knowledge, understanding, or different perspectives that you need
>>
>>338412059

I read them recently, before having played 3 but after having played 1+2, fell in love with them, honestly after the final book ended I was mostly filled with thoughts of "how can they make a game after that ending?", I'm kinda over that feeling now though.

Sword of Destiny best book though.
>>
>>338410947
How is combat in witcher 3?

I really liked preparing for my battles like in the first witcher. I heard you can take potions/oils at any time, does that basically obviate any preparation?
>>
>>338410947

The thing about the Witcher games is that they don't explain shit to you. The first game is the worst offender in this for anyone who hasn't read the books.
>>
>>338410947
read the books. That's the only thing that enchances 3. You'll meet like one character that appeared in one. The plot of 1 and the choices also don't matter. Only the plot of the 2 has any bearing on events in 3.

1 can be fun but it's presentation is absolutely garbage and the writing doesn't get interesting until the midway point. Gameplay is also bizarre. It either turns you into an autistic fanboy or makes you never want to see the game again.
>>
>>338413757

I disagree about the first Witcher, when I finished reading the books I opening the game just to check how they handle his return, and how certain characters react to seeing Geralt again, I was only planning on getting to the point where I meet Dandelion and Zoltan but I ended up enjoying it way more than I remembered, I think the first game is only a draining experience when it's the first Witcher anything you're exposed to, for me, even though it was my second time, I found it really compelling.
>>
>>338410947
The Witcher 1 sucks so much it will make 3 look better by comparison.

So yes, it will enhance your experience.
>>
>>338412225
>>338413757
thanks, i think i'll play witcher 3 after 2 then and save 1 for when i finish 3.
>>
>muh lore detail!

lmfao, just watch the witcher movie on youtube (whole game edited into a movie) and don't bother with that awful, awful first game.

Go on and play 3, you have the entire basegame, aswell as Hearts of Stone which was amazing and Blood and Wine which most likely will be better
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.