[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck this guy, he never fucking stops attacking and unless you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: pontiff2_tc.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pontiff2_tc.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
Fuck this guy, he never fucking stops attacking and unless you can parry you're fucked.

Oh, and now he sends out a clone of himself as a big fuck you

Dark Souls 3 rage thread, no bullying allowed
>>
>>338407307
git gud
>>
>>338407307
If he keeps attacking just keep rolling and only attack after youre 100 percent sure that he's finished a movement that you recognize. When he shifts out a clone try to do as much damage as you can while it spawns and then use that lava fireball pyromancy that does air damage (there's no stat requirement for it). You can damage both of them like this
>>
>>338408685
> aoe damage
>>
The second phase is actually easier. The clone does every move before the real boss.
>>
>>338407307
Clone makes him easier
>>
>>338407307
His first form has a few attacks that can just blatantly miss you when you hug the correct side since the swings are so high with the fire sword.
Even if you don't use gestures there's a good chance he won't hit you with them.
Additionally if you're particularly cheeky there's a set of stairs in the middle of the room that can offset his elevation even more but they're kind of too narrow to be much use.

In his second form his clone acts before he does and all his moves become relatively slow and flashy.
In addition to this his clone generally starts behind him so he's mostly going to be out of range of you initially.
When his clone does a move you've got a couple of seconds of pure telegraph for his moves if you want to counterhit him.

If you're still struggling switch to a faster weapon because faster weapons trivialize this game so much.
>>
>>338407307
Beat him second try, without ever parrying him. I rolled a lot though. But I had beaten the Dancer before and she was pure hell, so there's that.
>>
>>338407307
Beated him at SL18, he gives off a sound que for his epic combos, simply strafe-roll towards his left to dodge them all. Stay behind for a guaranteed parryable attack (use your Buckler here). Second phase use your Hollowslayer and only attack his ghost. Only attack 2nd Phase Sully when he's summoning another ghost.

If you have more questions, please reply to this post. I'm here to help you.
>>
If that makes you hate pontiff, youre really gonna love the champ :^)
>>
>people say the clone makes it easier
>only used estus once in 1st form, as soon as clone comes in i kill boss with all estus used up

goddamn clone kept teleporting every time i tried to attack it, add a slow weapon and it was hell
>>
>>338407307
try greatshield
>>
>>338409627

first playthrough was with a straight sword. incredibly easy and no boss took more than 3 tries max but most were done first try

second playthrough I used a Zweihander so there was much less cheesing the bosses and took some effort
>>
File: out of this thread.gif (3 MB, 269x151) Image search: [Google]
out of this thread.gif
3 MB, 269x151
>>338407307
learn to dodge, get a shield, git gud. beat him first try with 5 estus left and ds3 is my first souls game
>>
File: 1461833468428.jpg (72 KB, 579x460) Image search: [Google]
1461833468428.jpg
72 KB, 579x460
I just shot him with arrows then ran away and shot him again. Easiest boss.
>>
I traded blows with him 1 for 1 with my great axe and i was able to beat him pretty easily that way. I dont remember him having any insane lunges like abyss watcher so i just walked back chug estus nuke him once with r2 great axe then repeat
>>
>>338407307
Beat him at lvl 1 and i'm mediocre at souls games
You can do it OP!
>>
File: Skill Fairy.jpg (160 KB, 644x833) Image search: [Google]
Skill Fairy.jpg
160 KB, 644x833
>>338407307
>>
File: Ciri 7.jpg (621 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ciri 7.jpg
621 KB, 1920x1080
r8 my fashion.
>>
>have a greatshield
>block his shit
>hit him with my spear
>dies first try
I got pretty scared when he got to second phase but it was still easier than the first for some reason
>>
Can we all agree his music was fucking fantastic though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJSiaf9m55s
>>
File: 1463379681447.png (294 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
1463379681447.png
294 KB, 600x599
>>338412414
Yes. The game's soundtrack in general is amazing, Pontiff's is one of the best in the whole series.
>>
If you are making it to the clone you can beat him. Pontiff himself is actually stronger and much more aggressive when he he isn't fighting with the clone. Use the corners in the middle of the boss room to run and take sippes when needed. 9/10 times he is slow as fuck and gets stuck here giving you a window. Just ignore his clone but be smart about it and don't go rushing in when you see the clone swooping in with a combo because you know they are about to both be swinging in all directions.

It's actually really easy to stay away from pontiff including the clone the entire fight. Just take your time and play smart. What a lot of people don't realize is it that it is not very difficulty to seperate the two and get a few hits off one, dodge, repeat. The majority of people's struggle comes from panicking in phase 2 just trying to spam R1 trading hits but when you don't move you get ganked in one fal swoop of a combo.
>>
>>338407307
There's an easy trick to this boss. If you constantly strafe around him, 90% of his attacks will just miss. Well, for his first phase anyways. His second is pretty easy though.
>>
>>338412414
I'll always remember how the boss was roaring like enraged during his combo as I was trying to avoid the blows with the music in the background building a tension in the second part. As the chorus was getting higher the tension was also getting crazy.
Really one of the best match boss/soundtrack of the entire game, only Lothric's theme was better for me.
>>
>>338407307
Circle strafe right on his ass. Poke 1 hit at a time at back.

When clone starts run up to while summoning and wail away. Tons of damage and the clone will die or have basically 1-2 hits left.

Rinse repeat.

He over swings you if you hug his ass and stay moving around him.
>>
>>338412414
Music in general is damn fucking well done, I love Gundyr's theme as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3HWo8fTpE

For me it fits the tone perfectly, the Ashen One has his purpose but the Judge can't just let him pass through. It's something that has to be done.
>>
>>338407307
>unless you can parry, you're fucked

I think the answer is rather obvious don't you? I'll spell it out for you just on case.

Git
Gud
>>
>>338416195
Its because they've had a lot of different composers for this one, feels like they were testing them all for their next game

I'm glad they're finally ready to ditch Sakuraba
>>
>>338410019
I don't think you know what cheese means
>>
>can't be bothered to git gut
>summon a sunbro

Wow, that was difficult.
Especially since some of these bosses are pretty much bullshit.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.