[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people unironically think this game isn't fun htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 7281944482.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
7281944482.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
>people unironically think this game isn't fun

https://youtu.be/ZkoBtYkFm50
>>
>>338400862
Looks really boring. Why the hell are they all just standing there while only one guy fights you? And what's with the dumb as hell rolling around and twirling about that sends you zooming fifty feet across the ground?
>>
>>338401179
Witchers longsword fighting is called sword dancing. Pirouettes, twirling, side stepping, one handed swings, two handed swings, stabs behind you, half-swording. Sapkowski tried to make Witchers seem more badass. Like thanks to the mutations, signs and potions they wouldn't even need to fight efficiently but rather use fancy dance moves.
>>
>>338401179
I'm just twitchy when I play and I like closing distances and I try to get the enemies stamina down too.
>>
Here's a good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkFqn1TMeH4

TL;DR combat in the Witcher is god fucking awful.
>>
>>338401179
think those guys were bugged. most times you get into a fight the enemies will actually fight you a lot more actively rather than doing it one at a time. stuff like wolves and drowners will swarm you, which pisses off a lot of people
>>
>>338401989
MOM, I POSTED IT AGAIN
>>
>>338402142
I haven't posted it before nor seen it refuted.
>>
>>338401989
Is it that video from last year with that idiot who keeps complaining that locking on to enemies sucks? It sucks because aimlock always sucks. If you think it's good then thats why you're used to shitsouls where you never fight more than 2-3 enemies at once. Witchers enemy groups are somewhere between 5 and 8 where locking on any one enemy actually gets you killed. Move around, side step, axii the shield guy and roll behind the archer. Shit like that. It sounds so incredibly pretentious but you actually need to pay attention and think on your feet if you want to get good in W3. What sucks is that once you do get the hang of it, combat becomes rather formulaic because there are no surprises.
>>
>>338402204
tw3 combat isn't bad or broken, it's just kind of boring, cdpr just needs to make it a little bit more like dragon's dogma and it would be perfect. and I'm not going to engage an argument based on contrived premises from a crybabies youtube video.
>>
>>338401989
I wish my copy of the game was that easy. After watching this video I've tried doing exactly what he's doing time and time and time again. I don't know how the fuck he manages to spam light attacks without the ranged enemies pick him to pieces.
>>
>>338402029
>drowners will swarm you
yes it does piss me off when I'm playing on hardest difficulty and the hitbox fucks and one clips me which lets all the others hit me and instant kill me. (early game so no quen upgrades yet)
>>
>>338400862
whoever's vid this is is shit at TW3

I dont even need to block against enemies and if I had to I would counter not block.
blocking slows down your stamina regen too.
its simple before any battle, put quen on and if it is a tough enemy group, take some thunderbolt too
>>
>>338400862
That guy sucks. He's obviously not playing on DM either. Try staying in one place for more than 5 seconds then and see how long you'll survive when an arrow takes you to half health and staggers you.
>>
>>338400862
it's shite
get fucked
>>
>>338403536
I usually just side step and dance but I was trying to counter more and get instakills like I did on the shield faggot. It doesn't always work. and I try not to use potions, just swallow and thunderbolt with food for vitality. been trying to maximize blizzard though, I think it would help at some point during my NG+ run. and the crossbow, I wanna use it more too
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.